Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby To OU??
Aint nothin gonna bite me in the butt...
He wont be leaving for another college team if he leaves it will be for the NBA
As much as I dont care if Tub stays or goes, he won't go to Oklahoma. WHy go out for hamburgers when you got steak at home?
Well said Geraldo
But you know, There is only so much a guy can take. Does anyone know how MISERABLE he probably is?? Knowing that if they took a pole, that prolly 75% of the state would want him gone, me it doesn't matter, but really I would say it would be VERY CLOSE to those numbers. A place like Oklahoma, there isn't much expected, and winning 22 games is a BIG accomplishment! It wouldn't surprise me if he did leave, but I am like UKGIRL, I think it would be him going to a pro team!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:But you know, There is only so much a guy can take. Does anyone know how MISERABLE he probably is?? Knowing that if they took a pole, that prolly 75% of the state would want him gone, me it doesn't matter, but really I would say it would be VERY CLOSE to those numbers. A place like Oklahoma, there isn't much expected, and winning 22 games is a BIG accomplishment! It wouldn't surprise me if he did leave, but I am like UKGIRL, I think it would be him going to a pro team!
And the remaining 25% that want him to stay are from Louisville. Smile

Actually I'm not a huge Tubby fan, but I sit and look at the poor performance that Pitino has done at UL and figured that Tubby isn't half bad. I mean this so called "great coach" that you guys see at UL isn't performing up to expectations. Not even making the national tournament shows very poor coaching in my opinion. So after seeing this, kinda makes me appreciate Tubby even more.

Now if, and this is a huge if, Tubby leaves for OU, who would be the frontrunner for the UK coaching position? Would UK go after Few or Calipari? Or would they go after some average Joe?
The pressure has to be really tough on Tubby and his family after this years record. So much is expected here in the bluegrass. I think he is safe this year, but if he has another poor showing next year, the seat is gonna get really hot. I know for a fact after a couple losses this year he came home to for sale signs being stuck in his front yard.
BCF4L Wrote:And the remaining 25% that want him to stay are from Louisville. Smile

Actually I'm not a huge Tubby fan, but I sit and look at the poor performance that Pitino has done at UL and figured that Tubby isn't half bad. I mean this so called "great coach" that you guys see at UL isn't performing up to expectations. Not even making the national tournament shows very poor coaching in my opinion. So after seeing this, kinda makes me appreciate Tubby even more.

Now if, and this is a huge if, Tubby leaves for OU, who would be the frontrunner for the UK coaching position? Would UK go after Few or Calipari? Or would they go after some average Joe?

I doubt Few would leave Gonzaga if for some strange reason Tubby left. Few has job security and probably makes all the money he needs at GU. I just don't see Tubby leaving. If he goes anywhere in the future it will be to an NBA team. I just don't see Tubby taking a 50 percent or more paycut to go to OU. I don't know if UK would be interested in Calipari or not.

This past season was the only year in Tubbys tenure that UK wasn't a legitimate national championship contender. The greatest coaches have down years ever so often. Tubby will have us back I am confident. Everyteam and their fans expect national championships every year. In reality that just isn't going to happen. Nobody dominates the NCAA tournament anymore. Nobody. In a one and done scenario the odds are really against any team. Just look at UCONN they were the clear cut favorites to win it by all the experts. They were knocked off by a mid major conference. When was the last time there was a repeat champion? Outstanding athletes these days just don't stay around long enough for a team to dominate. Look at LSU and Florida, both of them will probably lose their best talents to the NBA this year. Where will that leave the next year?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:But you know, There is only so much a guy can take. Does anyone know how MISERABLE he probably is?? Knowing that if they took a pole, that prolly 75% of the state would want him gone, me it doesn't matter, but really I would say it would be VERY CLOSE to those numbers. A place like Oklahoma, there isn't much expected, and winning 22 games is a BIG accomplishment! It wouldn't surprise me if he did leave, but I am like UKGIRL, I think it would be him going to a pro team!

75% is a stretch. Im thinking like 13 %...
Wonder if Tubby's giving the media any hint to the rumors about him taking the OU job??

[Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/Cro.../Tubby.jpg]
Interesting post on KSR....

Baxter Holmes of the OU Daily (student newspaper)said today that Oklahoma is considering getting permission to speak with Tubby. Holmes claimed that Tubby is tired of the pressure, and Oklahoma's top dogs want to going to go after the best and actually upgrade from Sampson. Also, claimed that that many of OU's top dogs had wanted Tubby over Sampson 12 years ago.

I think the ol' saying "Where there's smoke, there's fire" applies to this situation...
Give it up Tubby isnt going anywhere next year. Especially to another college. Thank god. I don't want him to leave.
torQQue Wrote:I doubt Few would leave Gonzaga if for some strange reason Tubby left. Few has job security and probably makes all the money he needs at GU. I just don't see Tubby leaving. If he goes anywhere in the future it will be to an NBA team. I just don't see Tubby taking a 50 percent or more paycut to go to OU. I don't know if UK would be interested in Calipari or not.

This past season was the only year in Tubbys tenure that UK wasn't a legitimate national championship contender. The greatest coaches have down years ever so often. Tubby will have us back I am confident. Everyteam and their fans expect national championships every year. In reality that just isn't going to happen. Nobody dominates the NCAA tournament anymore. Nobody. In a one and done scenario the odds are really against any team. Just look at UCONN they were the clear cut favorites to win it by all the experts. They were knocked off by a mid major conference. When was the last time there was a repeat champion? Outstanding athletes these days just don't stay around long enough for a team to dominate. Look at LSU and Florida, both of them will probably lose their best talents to the NBA this year. Where will that leave the next year?
Lord Calipari is all we need lol . I feel he would get up right back on probation lol. I think he is as shady as they get Tongue
This off-season is going to be interesting.
Boy is it ever :argue: :mad:
I was watching a Lexington sports report and they said that Tubby told Okla. that he was not interested in the opening. That he would be at UK for next season.
I wish Few would come here if Tubby was to leave. And trust me, he would leave Gonzaga to come to U.K.!