Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke vs. Kentucky
Well to make things interesting, and to provide you some FACTS that your screming about.
Your biggest rival has won 883 games since 1980 while your Dukies have won 882 games and lost 256.
Doesnt that makes that Lehigh game so much more important :hilarious:
UK is only about 20 wins behind, and in third. BUT, Kansas is in first since 1980 with 887 wins. :zzz:

However, while Dukes winning percentage is only a .775 since 1980, UK's is a .773.
Oh and by the way Kansas also beat Duke at that with a .777 win percentage as they have went 887 and 254.

Scream best team since 1980 all you want. FACT is that UK has still won more games than anyone and has more championships than all 3 of these.
Plus i also provided the FACTS that two other teams have more wins, and a better percentage than Duke since 1980 even if there not UK.

So......:gtfo:
I now change my prediction.
Kentucky has won more games since the dawn of last century so Duke will lose by 30
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Coach k has what 4 titles in 30 years?

and more wins than any other coach
Duke should probably worry about being the best team in their state. Duke will always be a second rate program compared to UCLA, Kentucky, Carolina/Indiana. I'm not buying into this since 1980 shit, because quite frankly, nobody gives a flying poopy. Kentucky has been, is, and always will be better than Duke in terms of major athletics. 8 > 4, and yes, that is a statistical fact. Anything else is incoherent rambling that is irrelevant.
Dipshits, I hate to tell you but it's titles that count. UNC and Kansas have more wins since then, Duke has more TITLES. I know it's been a while since UK had one before this year so your lack of familiarity is still evident.
WideZero Wrote:Dipshits, I hate to tell you but it's titles that count. UNC and Kansas have more wins since then, Duke has more TITLES. I know it's been a while since UK had one before this year so your lack of familiarity is still evident.

Be careful, your idiot is showing. Carolina and Indiana have five titles, while Duke has a lonely four. Also, I don't believe I mentioned Kansas. incoherent rambling that is irrelevant.
UNC has four titles since 1980 too. Is 4 in Durham more than 4 in Chapel Hill?
Real Badman, I said since 1980. Duke will pass both programs by the time Coach K retires...
^
Still fighting a losing battle.
It doesnt surprise me. Austin Rivers is still prolly at the gym wondering if theres anyways Lehigh could put a fewmore minutes back on the clock.
^ No son. He's thinking about his scoring average in the NBA and setting the scoring record. I hate rivers. Self absorbed, not a team player, glad he is gone and Duke will be better off without him...
WideZero Wrote:Real Badman, I said since 1980. Duke will pass both programs by the time Coach K retires...

I know, I just don't care. NCAA Tournament started in 1939. How's Duke been since then?
^ Pretty solid, as I had done a rundown of their history in a previous post, but not solid enough to win a title until 1991!
Who exactly plays for duke. Honest question....
WideZero Wrote:Well, what do you think of this matchup for the 2012/13 season? Doesn't look like Kentucky returns a lot from their championship team. dUKe on the other hand returns quite a lot. Since everybody here calls us dUKe I'll jump on the wagon. Because either way it still spells DUKE. My devils will take this one by a score of 76-55. Kentucky will be too young, too inexperienced, and my devils will show why we are consistently the premier program in the country unlike Kentucky who has too much turnover on their roster each year...

As far as this matchup is concerned, the best thing for UK isn't its
incoming class of spectacular talent, it's the return of Plumlee. His
decision no to go to the NBA makes a UK win almost certain.

Your Pukes should also be very thankful that the game will be played so
early in the season. Their experience playing together might serve to
keep them in this game and make it competitive. Should the 2 meet again
in the NCAA, the talent gap combined with a season's growth won't
leave the Dookies much of a chance then.
WideZero Wrote:This thread already reeks of stupidity. Duke has been the best program since the Coach K era. We had one down year. With pretty much everybody coming back and a new point guard in place, I don't see many people being capable of beating Duke. Especially UK. I think the guys that left for the draft should have stayed another year. They probably won't be getting paid a lot more in the NBA anyways...

Evidently it's escaped your notice that your Dookies haven't been much of
a factor over the last decade. If it wasn't for ridiculous NCAA favoritism and over seeding, they wouldn't have backed in to the 10 FF, and snuck out a title against the weakest FF feild EVER. Plus you might also take notice
that coach K's average NCAA finish over the last 10 years is south of the
3rd round.
WideZero Wrote:Lehigh is all you can throw out. Typical UK fans that don't know what they're talking about. UK fans would probably be stupid enough to break through a glass door to see what's on the other side. Prove to me that Duke hasn't been the best program since 1980. Constant mention of lehigh doesn't prove that...

Hmmm in 3 seasons at UK Cal has produced the best team in the nation twice,
been to 2 FF's and won a title. All done with almost exclusively freshmen and sophomores. Coach K in that time has been bounced unceremoniously by a #15 seed, and won a title against the WEAKEST FF field EVER, ONLY
because as ALWAYS, the NCAA criminally overseeded them in a creampuffed region. Duke's days as title contender are DONE. And in a couple of
years when K retires, Duke's days as anything other than a middling
ACC player are done.
zaga_fan Wrote:and more wins than any other coach

Coach K is a fantastic coach. one of the best ever. He HAS to
be to have gotten as much mileage as he has fomr some of the teams
he's had, it sometimes gets forgotten that while Duke HAS had
some exceptional players, he's never had rosters full of talent like UNC
had many years, or like UK has had under Cal.

That being said, it also sholdn't be overlooked that a goodly portion of
K's postseason success owes it's foundation to NCAA favoritism. This
past season is the first time in mybe 20 years that Duke didn't get
overseeded or placed in a deliberately cream filled region. In 2010
the head of the NCAA selection committee admitted that Duke got
an undeserved favorable draw. Duke has been the NCAA's fairhaired
child for 25 years now, as the organization has used them as the
face of collegiate ball to try tp portray the sport as pure white boys
making good grades. they get every break, and every call, and
if they had played on the same elvel playing field as every other program
in the nation, they would have far less post season success, and
certainly oen less title. Which would elave them 5 behind UK instead of
just 4.
WideZero Wrote:Dipshits, I hate to tell you but it's titles that count. UNC and Kansas have more wins since then, Duke has more TITLES. I know it's been a while since UK had one before this year so your lack of familiarity is still evident.

In that case you would be well served to STFU. 8 is more than 4. And
UK won 2 more after Duke finally managed to get its first. And be sure
to send that annual thank you card to the 2010 NCAA selection committee.
that title was won in their meeting room, not at the FF.
Observing Wrote:As far as this matchup is concerned, the best thing for UK isn't its
incoming class of spectacular talent, it's the return of Plumlee. His
decision no to go to the NBA makes a UK win almost certain.

Your Pukes should also be very thankful that the game will be played so
early in the season. Their experience playing together might serve to
keep them in this game and make it competitive. Should the 2 meet again
in the NCAA, the talent gap combined with a season's growth won't
leave the Dookies much of a chance then.

lol
Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls in this thread.
To quote Johnson Central. LETS PLAY FOOTBALL.
zaga_fan Wrote:and more wins than any other coach

Titles is what counts.

And i think Cal will have atleast 4 in the next 15 years.
^ Not impossible, I hope he would stay around that long though.
Well it looks like Cal screwed up again and Noel won't be eligible. I bet even if Noel makes it to uks campus he finds a way to become ineligible academically. Poor kid could never make it at Duke. Who's going to play his position? Cauley, who is like a young eloy Vargas? LMAO.
WideZero Wrote:Well it looks like Cal screwed up again and Noel won't be eligible. I bet even if Noel makes it to uks campus he finds a way to become ineligible academically. Poor kid could never make it at Duke. Who's going to play his position? Cauley, who is like a young eloy Vargas? LMAO.

So what you're saying is, is that Cauley is only twice as good as Plumlee,
instead of 4 times as good like Noel is.
WideZero Wrote:Well it looks like Cal screwed up again and Noel won't be eligible. I bet even if Noel makes it to uks campus he finds a way to become ineligible academically. Poor kid could never make it at Duke. Who's going to play his position? Cauley, who is like a young eloy Vargas? LMAO.

I GUARANTEE youve never even seen Cauley play.
Worry about plum tree and we'll do ours.

Lehigh
lol wow..

Duke vs UK 2012

FINAL

UK 73
Duke 42

Kyle Wiltjer - 31 points.
Ballers Wrote:lol wow..

Duke vs UK 2012

FINAL

UK 73
Duke 42

Kyle Wiltjer - 31 points.

That it ridiculously unrealistic. Wiltjer is too unselfishm and highly unlikely
to score more than 22-23 points in that coming rout of Duke.
Observing Wrote:That it ridiculously unrealistic. Wiltjer is too unselfishm and highly unlikely
to score more than 22-23 points in that coming rout of Duke.

That was the point.

:igiveup:
Ballers Wrote:That was the point.

:igiveup:

Humorous inflection just doen't come thru in the typed word does it?
We were both being semi-funny, and neither came thru.