Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke vs. Kentucky
Well, what do you think of this matchup for the 2012/13 season? Doesn't look like Kentucky returns a lot from their championship team. dUKe on the other hand returns quite a lot. Since everybody here calls us dUKe I'll jump on the wagon. Because either way it still spells DUKE. My devils will take this one by a score of 76-55. Kentucky will be too young, too inexperienced, and my devils will show why we are consistently the premier program in the country unlike Kentucky who has too much turnover on their roster each year...
Haha, nice try. But just for shits and giggles, Lehigh.
dUKe can't beat UNC-Ashville this year, they will be easy pickings....
No way does dUKe beat UK by that much if at all. I think dUKe will be solid next year, but unless they get some guys that can create a shot they aren't going to be much better than this year. Even with a good point guard.
This years duke team may be the worst coach kkrfjebrfvbdbdhzSKI has ever had
This thread already reeks of stupidity. Duke has been the best program since the Coach K era. We had one down year. With pretty much everybody coming back and a new point guard in place, I don't see many people being capable of beating Duke. Especially UK. I think the guys that left for the draft should have stayed another year. They probably won't be getting paid a lot more in the NBA anyways...
A 21 point win for Duke? I highly doubt that, and do agree that our Cats will be very young. But so has our other 3 teams and theyve been just fine. Cal coaches these kids to play like seniors at a very early stage of the year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Lehigh.
No way Duke wins by that margin...
But I will tell you this....
contrary to everyone's take on it...
this will be a good game
Well widezero is right about one thing. This thread does reek of stupidity.
Well, Too bad no one can prove me wrong in that duke has had the best program since 1980. You all fear the devils. After all, it's only been ten years since the wildcats wanted anything to do with duke. How do you own a uk fan? Facts....
WideZero Wrote:Well, Too bad no one can prove me wrong in that duke has had the best program since 1980. You all fear the devils. After all, it's only been ten years since the wildcats wanted anything to do with duke. How do you own a uk fan? Facts....

I'll ask. What makes what you type facts besides you saying its a fact? Burden of proof is on the proclaimer.
Widezero is ridiculous Lehigh.
Lehigh is all you can throw out. Typical UK fans that don't know what they're talking about. UK fans would probably be stupid enough to break through a glass door to see what's on the other side. Prove to me that Duke hasn't been the best program since 1980. Constant mention of lehigh doesn't prove that...
Because we all know college basketball started in 1980. Lehigh.
WideZero Wrote:Lehigh is all you can throw out. Typical UK fans that don't know what they're talking about. UK fans would probably be stupid enough to break through a glass door to see what's on the other side. Prove to me that Duke hasn't been the best program since 1980. Constant mention of lehigh doesn't prove that...

Prove your own claims. You have offered nothing. If your going to claim it back it up.

Who has more titles? Who has more wins? This ones for observing. Who has more players in the NBA?

Go ahead. Back up your words. Or are they just that?
RoShamBo Wrote:Because we all know college basketball started in 1980. Lehigh.

:Thumbs:

The difference between UK and Duke fans is that UK fans embrace their tradition, not disrespect it. Duke fans act like they were a nobody before coach K. The fact is, in 1974 they became the eighth program to reach 1,000 wins - so obviously they were doing something right. Bill Foster was a great coach that got Duke to the title game in 1978, as well as the elite 8 in 1980 the year before Coach K took over. Vic Bubas was the John Calipari of the 1960's. IMO one of the best recruiters in the game back then and I believe is the best coach to not win a title, with three final fours. Then you have two national players of the year in Dick Groat and Art Heyman in the 50's and 60's. So when you get down to it, Duke has a good tradition, even without titles. But it is a shame that their fans dog that so much.
FBALL Wrote:Prove your own claims. You have offered nothing. If your going to claim it back it up.

Who has more titles? Who has more wins? This ones for observing. Who has more players in the NBA?

Go ahead. Back up your words. Or are they just that?

Since Coach K took over at Duke there has been no team with more wins or championships than Duke.

I know we're not talking all-time or anything.

But since Coach K took the reigns they have been the most consistently elite team in the nation.

But that being said...
Coach K has had some talented first year players sign this year and they will reload just fine. Duke loses some key players but they have the players in place to compete with UK.

It will be a battle that I see UK winning by a slim margin.
zaga_fan Wrote:Since Coach K took over at Duke there has been no team with more wins or championships than Duke.

I know we're not talking all-time or anything.

But since Coach K took the reigns they have been the most consistently elite team in the nation.

But that being said...
Coach K has had some talented first year players sign this year and they will reload just fine. Duke loses some key players but they have the players in place to compete with UK.

It will be a battle that I see UK winning by a slim margin.

Those are still claims not facts.

A fact would be that since 1980 Duke has 856 wins. Kentucky has 828.

All time we know where that stands.

Let WideZero come up with his own facts on the rest of it. Honestly I dont think he really knows he's just blowing smoke for a reaction from some of these guys.
FBALL Wrote:Those are still claims not facts.

Let WideZero come up with his own facts on the rest of it. Honestly I dont think he really knows he's just blowing smoke for a reaction from some of these guys.

Everything I said can be statistically backed up accept for the "most elite team" reference. That one could be backed up as well but all-in-all it comes down to opinions.

But programs are measured by wins and championships...
something that Coach K has not had a problem racking up.

I'm not a big Duke fan or anything...
I just get a little defensive when people just spout out pUKe sucks or dUKe is garbage...
You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Trolling is an art...
and WideZero is currently at the finger paint level.
^ Duke hasn't even won that many more games since then, and honestly when you throw in the 1978 UK team then both have the same amount of titles. Duke fans don't like to count that, but why not? After all, Duke was in the title game in 1978.

Duke is defined by a coach. Kentucky is defined by a legacy. 8 titles, won by five different coaches. No one else can claim that.
FBALL Wrote:Those are still claims not facts.

Since 1980 duke has 4 titles and uk 3. Duke has 11 final fours, while uk has 7. Duke also has a back to back championship! Can Kentucky say that other than the rupp years?
FBall, I'm yet to see you shoot out a fact that proves Kentucky has been Better than duke. I'm not trying to troll, but I think it's funny how you make these weak ass arguments. But when I throw facts at you, you make excuses and don't back your facts up.
zaga_fan Wrote:Everything I said can be statistically backed up accept for the "most elite team" reference. That one could be backed up as well but all-in-all it comes down to opinions.

But programs are measured by wins and championships...
something that Coach K has not had a problem racking up.

I'm not a big Duke fan or anything...
I just get a little defensive when people just spout out pUKe sucks or dUKe is garbage...
You gotta give credit where credit is due.

Trolling is an art...
and WideZero is currently at the finger paint level.

When you supply statistical data to back it up then it's a fact.

I supplied the data to back it up. I just want the beginning troller to do the work himself.
I'd like to know what these teams have done in 1980 or 1978 have anything to do with the teams that will suit up and play this year.

I know I brought up the more wins thing...
but it was only because we started talking the crap about who has more wins and blah blah blah.

Both of these teams have won championships and been at the top of the charts over the past few years.
They are great teams and will have a good basketball game this year.
WideZero Wrote:FBall, I'm yet to see you shoot out a fact that proves Kentucky has been Better than duke. I'm not trying to troll, but I think it's funny how you make these weak ass arguments. But when I throw facts at you, you make excuses and don't back your facts up.

I'm sorry but what the hell are you taking about. I haven't made an argument either way. I even gave you an assist by throwing out the number of wins by each program since 1980.

Run along little chihuahua.
Coach k has what 4 titles in 30 years?
^ Correct.
Hey ass hat you done rambling about how good duke is yeah they are good but are they world beaters no? have they done good yes but to say they are the best is just silly and to tell you the truth nothing you can say about them will change my view on them. But your more than welcome to keep rambling about stats your pulling out of your ass no one cares.