Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High School Refs
There is no walk called when a player violates the 3-foot space. You don't give the walk signal. Just blow the whistle, point at the spot, and give the ball to the other team.

Anyone who gives the walk signal, or claims it's a walk, official or fan, needs to stop because you obviously don't know the rules and need to stop officiating and stop talking about the rules.

As far as corrupt officials, there are some out there, and there are some bad ones as well, in every region. But, just because of a few of those out there does not make a whole region and every official in that region bad. There are some very good officials out there who, someday, will get the chance to call these big games if they can get past some of the politics and othere things that go in the officials ranks.

But, please, stop saying an entire region is bad or corrupt just because you think a handful are.
GrappleKing Wrote:Hey my name is grappleking. I have zero basketball knowledge. Ecspecially rules. I understand your saying its 3 feet wide, but your also saying you must keep a foot posted. So if the kid takes a step out of the 3 foot zone isnt it called as a walk?

Then I guess you shouldn't be commenting on something you don't know about, huh. For example; the ref will POINT to a spot on the floor. You have three feet from that SPOT. If you keep ONE FOOT in this box or above the box (foot raised in air) then you are good. If you get both feet outside this box you have just commented a violation. One step out of box is good, as long as the other foot stays inside. Stick with grappling, lol. :Thumbs:
6ft closely guarded rule? If this rule was inforced correctly you would see a lot more movement and passing the way the game is meant to be played. If I am six foot tall and I can touch you with one hand and my arm is half of my wing span I am in your six foot circle, never called!!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:6ft closely guarded rule? If this rule was inforced correctly you would see a lot more movement and passing the way the game is meant to be played. If I am six foot tall and I can touch you with one hand and my arm is half of my wing span I am in your six foot circle, never called!!
I believe it's measured from your closest foot to their closest foot. So I could be standing over 6ft from you(foot to foot), but bent over playing defense with my arms stretched towards you and it looks a whole lot closer. I agree that it's probably not counted enough, but 6 ft is closer than what people think.
Wall4president Wrote:I believe it's measured from your closest foot to their closest foot. So I could be standing over 6ft from you(foot to foot), but bent over playing defense with my arms stretched towards you and it looks a whole lot closer. I agree that it's probably not counted enough, but 6 ft is closer than what people think.
How large is the freethrow circle? The radius of the half circle above the key is 6 feet (72 inches). Therefore if my toes are on the freethrow line and your toes are on the head of the Key I am within six feet.
[quote=OutsideLookingIn]How large is the freethrow circle? The radius of the half circle above the key is 6 feet (72 inches). Therefore if my toes are on the freethrow line and your toes are on the head of the Key I am within six feet.[/QUOTE/]

This is correct. Most kids when playing defense is BENT OVER, this would put their feet a distances away from the offense feet. You can't change the rules, 6 foot from closest foot to foot. I really don't think this would help the game out, the game needs help with; shot clock and maybe more 3 second calls.:flush: