Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mac does go to Central...
Central would have probably beat SF by more, but the starters sat out the last half of the third and the entire fourth quarters. Pikeville im pretty sure let their starters get more "experience"
hahahaha u central guys have no idea what u are talking about... u cant compare a loss to a loss...the point is both schools got dominated by belfry, an eventual state champion...comparisons there are none... Prestonsburg 2 weeks later? P-burg had all summer to prepare for the panthers and they couldnt get points on the board...coaching prevails there...ive heard it all with u Pike Central guys...what happened to the great year yall were supposed to have with scott combs and joey dotson.. thats all i heard...they had good senior years didnt they? o maybe not.. sry yall PC football is at a stand still...give mac at least three years, then come talkin but next year, opposing teams will just put 8 guys in the box and stop varney...then what? uhoh!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:
Quote:All hail to the "mighty panthers" they're soo good. Just ask Belfry, what was the score to that game again?

not a close game at all lol it was what u would like to call a blow out i think the Pikeville fans are a little mad at PC b/c they stole MAC away isnt that right Pikeville please cry me a little more i like to c u all whine about how bad we r when u all couldnt take care of the M-Boros or Breathitts could u. Yeah u all prob would have beat PC this year just wait PC is a upcoming school that will sooner or later b VERY VERY talented prob next year actaully. More kids will b intrested and PC will prob get some Transfers.

nobody from pikeville is crying because central "stole" mac away... arent u reading things ppl are writing...... they want someone who can take them to state.... i look for it to happen in 2005! but thats just my opinion...
stan_the_man Wrote:hahahaha u central guys have no idea what u are talking about... u cant compare a loss to a loss...the point is both schools got dominated by belfry, an eventual state champion...comparisons there are none... Prestonsburg 2 weeks later? P-burg had all summer to prepare for the panthers and they couldnt get points on the board...coaching prevails there...ive heard it all with u Pike Central guys...what happened to the great year yall were supposed to have with scott combs and joey dotson.. thats all i heard...they had good senior years didnt they? o maybe not.. sry yall PC football is at a stand still...give mac at least three years, then come talkin but next year, opposing teams will just put 8 guys in the box and stop varney...then what? uhoh!

I know you can't compare a loss to a loss.. And this arguement will keep on goin until we see the two teams play.
Quote:All hail to the "mighty panthers" they're soo good. Just ask Belfry, what was the score to that game again?

not a close game at all lol it was what u would like to call a blow out i think the Pikeville fans are a little mad at PC b/c they stole MAC away isnt that right Pikeville please cry me a little more i like to c u all whine about how bad we r when u all couldnt take care of the M-Boros or Breathitts could u. Yeah u all prob would have beat PC this year just wait PC is a upcoming school that will sooner or later b VERY VERY talented prob next year actaully. More kids will b intrested and PC will prob get some Transfers.

PC will not get transfers, this is just wishful thinking. No one transferred when Pikeville's greatest coach ever, Howard, went to SV. WHY?? Because Pikeville is full of tradition. More tradition than any other football program in the mountains. They know that when they play for Pikeville they are going to be in the playoffs every year working towards another state championship.

And BTW, get your facts straight. PC didn't steal McNamee away. He is pretty much being forced out of Pikeville.
If mac leaves, the panthers will hopefully be led by salyer...I think it is very important to keep it with someone within the team....I mean, Salyer knows these kids...I fwe bring in an outsider who doesn't know these kids and their potential then pikeville won't see another region champ title in the next two-three years....Bring salyer on as head coach....Then i believe pikeville will make it to state...the same thing mac would do if he were staying....
ComfortEagle Wrote:

PC will not get transfers, this is just wishful thinking. No one transferred when Pikeville's greatest coach ever, Howard, went to SV. WHY?? Because Pikeville is full of tradition. More tradition than any other football program in the mountains. They know that when they play for Pikeville they are going to be in the playoffs every year working towards another state championship.

And BTW, get your facts straight. PC didn't steal McNamee away. He is pretty much being forced out of Pikeville.

I didn't start this thread on wishful thinking. But when the rumors first started everyone was saying how these boys loved coach mac and this and that. I started this to ask if you all thought that some boys would actually move to Pike Central to play for Coach Mac. This thread has gotten a little off course.

Try to keep the discussion on topic, or this thread will be locked.
I don't think anyone will transfer. Why would anyone go to a worse program?
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville beat Pburg 14-0 last year. What was the score of the Pburg-Pike Central game? What was the score at halftime?

Hahah I was waiting for this to come up.. P'burg lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. If P'burg played Pikeville again say 2 weeks later, Pikeville wouldn't have had a chance. Now if you want to compare scores, Central beat South Floyd by 20 or so.. Pikeville beat SF by how many? was it 20 or something around there. Now how did that mighty panther offense do against Belfry? I think they scored 0. At least Central got up two points on them.

Wait wait...you mean Central put up two on their Freshman or Jv team...nothing to be too proud of
dirty30 Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville beat Pburg 14-0 last year. What was the score of the Pburg-Pike Central game? What was the score at halftime?

Hahah I was waiting for this to come up.. P'burg lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. If P'burg played Pikeville again say 2 weeks later, Pikeville wouldn't have had a chance. Now if you want to compare scores, Central beat South Floyd by 20 or so.. Pikeville beat SF by how many? was it 20 or something around there. Now how did that mighty panther offense do against Belfry? I think they scored 0. At least Central got up two points on them.

Wait wait...you mean Central put up two on their Freshman or Jv team...nothing to be too proud of

Yeah exactly. But one more comment OFF TOPIC and this thread will close.
[/quote]

I didn't start this thread on wishful thinking. But when the rumors first started everyone was saying how these boys loved coach mac and this and that. I started this to ask if you all thought that some boys would actually move to Pike Central to play for Coach Mac. This thread has gotten a little off course.

Try to keep the discussion on topic, or this thread will be locked.[/quote]

Discuss transfers from Pikeville to PC and if you think they will happen, that is what this thread is about. One more off topic thread and this one's closed.
nope it was on the varsity but central was lucky enough to get a bad snap over the head of adam warren .......nothing fancy...not at all.....and we arent whining cauz u guys have mac...you are whining cuz u cant beat us....so back off
liveMAROON Wrote:nope it was on the varsity but central was lucky enough to get a bad snap over the head of adam warren .......nothing fancy...not at all.....and we arent whining cauz u guys have mac...you are whining cuz u cant beat us....so back off

Shew...
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

I don't need a explanation but if you can answer my question that would be great. That is pretty impressive if the Central offense put up two points on Belfry...may be the first time in the history of football.
PHSFAN Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

I don't need a explanation but if you can answer my question that would be great. That is pretty impressive if the Central offense put up two points on Belfry...may be the first time in the history of football.

I dont' remember what the score of the P.C. vs P'burg game was, but it was bad. They got blown out. But the thing is, you can't really judge teams by other scores, that was what I was trying to point out. Cause

P.C. got killed by P'burg
P'burg got shutout by Pikeville
Pikeville got shutout by Belfry
Belfry beat P'burg twice, in two extremely exciting games
Then Belfry killed Central
Central beat SF by 20 and didn't play their starters from the 3rd quarter on.
I don't remember the score to the SF vs. Pikeville game, but if i remember it was a pretty good game.

Now if we go by all this than it would look like Pikeville would be the favorite by just a few points, but like a few people have said, you can't go on common games.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

I dont' remember what the score of the P.C. vs P'burg game was, but it was bad. They got blown out. But the thing is, you can't really judge teams by other scores, that was what I was trying to point out. Cause

I don't remember the score to the SF vs. Pikeville game, but if i remember it was a pretty good game.

Now if we go by all this than it would look like Pikeville would be the favorite by just a few points, but like a few people have said, you can't go on common games.

I agree CTD you can't go by common scores. If you want to say that Pburg would have killed Pikeville after the first 2 weeks the same could be said for Pike Central and South Floyd. I believe PC got worse as the year went on(though I admit I didn't follow them close)and that I know SF got better as the year went on. I don't remember the score of the Pikeville-SF game but I say QQ does because he was there. You seem to have enough common knowledge about high school sports to know that Pike Central couldn't play with Pikeville in football. I really wish Pikeville would put them on the schedule just one year, but I don't see that happening. I hope you guys get your football program turned around....I root for all Pike County Schools. If anything the Pikeville program has gone down since Coach Mac took over...I wouldn't expect great things from him at Pike Central, though I hope I am wrong.
PHSFAN Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

I agree CTD you can't go by common scores. If you want to say that Pburg would have killed Pikeville after the first 2 weeks the same could be said for Pike Central and South Floyd. I believe PC got worse as the year went on(though I admit I didn't follow them close)and that I know SF got better as the year went on. I don't remember the score of the Pikeville-SF game but I say QQ does because he was there. You seem to have enough common knowledge about high school sports to know that Pike Central couldn't play with Pikeville in football. I really wish Pikeville would put them on the schedule just one year, but I don't see that happening. I hope you guys get your football program turned around....I root for all Pike County Schools. If anything the Pikeville program has gone down since Coach Mac took over...I wouldn't expect great things from him at Pike Central, though I hope I am wrong.

Finally, we can get a discussion instead of an arguement lol..

I agree with ya, they didn't get better as the season went along, and I agree that they can't play with Pikeville year in and year out. All I was saying is that last year I think the game had potential to be closer than what everyone is saying. I mean anything can happen.. It could have been a blowout or it could have been a pretty good game. No one will ever really know.