Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mac does go to Central...
Do you think that there will possible be any transfers from underclassmen, going from Pikeville to Central?
even though im a central fan, i dont see why anyone from pikeville WOULD transfer. i mean i kno the blood runs deep through Mac. But we have to face ther fact that Pikeville is almost guarenteed, with the talent they have, to possibly take another region title next year. however, there would be much rejoicing if weston robinson were to transfer to team up with varney. central could easily become a power house with a few transfers. i dont see it happening though..
I really dont see it happening either, to much panther pride to do that.
I wonder who will replace coach mac
15thRegionBaller Wrote:even though im a central fan, i dont see why anyone from pikeville WOULD transfer. i mean i kno the blood runs deep through Mac. But we have to face ther fact that Pikeville is almost guarenteed, with the talent they have, to possibly take another region title next year. however, there would be much rejoicing if weston robinson were to transfer to team up with varney. central could easily become a power house with a few transfers. i dont see it happening though..

I wasnt' really referring to the juniors and seniors, I was talking about would we be seeing more of the younger players come to Central from middle school, or possible freshmen transferring. I mean if Robinson were to transfer he probably wouldn't get to play anyway because of the KHSAA guidelines.
Dont get me wrong.......Coach Mac is a great coach...but no way under any circumstances would i follow him to that hole in a wall.....NOT FOR A MILLION
i had many friends tlel me that if mac leaves they are leaving but now that its almost a done deal that hes leaving...no one talks about that anymore
they know theyd be goin downhill making a move liek that
They SAY it....they PRETEND to belive them selves but the truth is....Panther Tradition runs deep in their roots......they will be here to stay 30....trust me
I'm pretty sure IF Mac leaves they will replace him by someone within the school. PHS is too tight for money right now to give another teacher a job, and I here when Mac leaves, they are giving Priode total control over the PE dept.
i cried when i realized mac would be heading over to Buckley's Creek... well not literally but u know what i mean... i have tried everything to get the guy to stay...ive insulted him, the decision, and about nething i could think of...but mac knows im kidding and he wants to support his family as best he can, good luck to you Coach, i hope you can bring some dignity to a program that has none... ive heard it through the grapevine that Coach Salyer would be taking over as head football coach but i dont know how true that is...id personally like to see someone from the outside... but either way i beleive the talent is all there to make at least a region run, but maybe even state
stan_the_man Wrote:i cried when i realized mac would be heading over to Buckley's Creek... well not literally but u know what i mean... i have tried everything to get the guy to stay...ive insulted him, the decision, and about nething i could think of...but mac knows im kidding and he wants to support his family as best he can, good luck to you Coach, i hope you can bring some dignity to a program that has none... ive heard it through the grapevine that Coach Salyer would be taking over as head football coach but i dont know how true that is...id personally like to see someone from the outside... but either way i beleive the talent is all there to make at least a region run, but maybe even state

No dignity??????? How do you get that???
If Pike Central is a "hole in the wall" program then lets hope the mighty panthers put them on their schedule. Those poor little "hole in the wall" children at Pike Central would just love the mere chance to participate in a football contest with the likes of those football juggernauts that have...what's that sound..I.. think... its a county school slowly getting ready to pounce on the ever weakening panther. SHHHH..... if you are really quiet you can hear the sound of the fabled panther yelp to its mates...GET...MORE...TRANSFERS....gasp....... They're coming !!!!
liveMAROON Wrote:They SAY it....they PRETEND to belive them selves but the truth is....Panther Tradition runs deep in their roots......they will be here to stay 30....trust me

This is true liveMAROON...o so true...but liek greenfrog is saying...Mac will probably recreuit some transfers from West Virginia and turn Central into a decent football program and wiht the Panther team being in trouble like they are now wihtout a head coach things arent looking good
but as of right now if the hawks played the panthers
id take panthers by 20+
Yea no dignity!!! yall are a AA high school that has been around for what? 11 or 12 years and cant get out of the first round of the playoffs... breathitt usually embarasses yall if u even make the playoffs... therefore, as of right now, PC football has no dignity... but i beleive Coach Mac will bring yall some. one thing he wont bring are transfers from out of state.. i cant think of one transfer that has really changed the game that Mac has ever brought in...please someone dont say CJ!!! hahahaha but seriously Pikeville recruiting stopped in the early 90's...we bring up respectable hometown folk from eastern Ky and win region...thats why we aint been to state since 99...and that could be cause of the ridiculously good HOMETOWN athletes we had.
Yeah and there is a big diffrence between our District and Region. Pikeville's has little "hole in the wall schools" like u all like to call them such as Jenkins and such. So how is it not easy for Pikeville to make it past the first round of the playoffs at least Central has to make it past such teams as the Breathitts and M-boros and Belfry and P-Burg. Think befor you speak please Big Grin
Quote:stan_the_man Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea no dignity!!! yall are a AA high school that has been around for what? 11 or 12 years and cant get out of the first round of the playoffs... breathitt usually embarasses yall if u even make the playoffs... therefore, as of right now, PC football has no dignity... but i beleive Coach Mac will bring yall some. one thing he wont bring are transfers from out of state.. i cant think of one transfer that has really changed the game that Mac has ever brought in...please someone dont say CJ!!! hahahaha but seriously Pikeville recruiting stopped in the early 90's...we bring up respectable hometown folk from eastern Ky and win region...thats why we aint been to state since 99...and that could be cause of the ridiculously good HOMETOWN athletes we had.
so mr "stan the man", you dont think you're just a little bit bias for your your "mighty" school do u? the pikeville district consists of jenkins, hazard, south floyd, phelps, fleming neon, allen central and paintsville...besides paintsville and hazard, who else can play? in the first round of the playoffs for the mighty panthers they had to beat..who wasw it? somerset? the score was 37 to 7..if central were A they could handle somerset...i'd love to see pikeville move into AA...it would be an all out dog fight for them to compete in a playoff game against breathitt or someone of that stature.
Actually Somerset is a good team and better than most teams in Pikeville's district. Pikeville was just a very good team last year. You talk about Pikeville moving to 2A and being hard for them. Well of course it would they dont have as many kids as 2A school like PC. If Pikeville had enough kids to be in 2A, we would be just as good as we are in 1A. The more kids in your school, the more available options for players at different positions you have.

But right now Pikeville is a much better team than Central, but Coach Mac might be able to turn them around after a few years.
thank you for an intelligent post...the point is these other schools have the same number of students as Pikeville yet Pikeville still dominates... give the number of kids PC has to more hometown pikeville kids and i'm sure we'd compete for a region championship in AA...bias? maybe a lil, but its just cause i saw pikeville play every game last year and know how good they can be... somerset is a good team with a very talented running back and i doubt central could beat them...it woould have been close but in 02 yall wouldnt have had a chance with somerset...the team has its ups and downs, but the region overall is very challenging...excluding gimme wins like jenkins and phelps...
Pikeville football has TRADITION....There will be ZERO transfers from Pikeville to Pike Central to play football regardless of what Coach Mac does. Pikeville football was a powerhouse before Coach Mac and they will be a powerhouse after Coach Mac.
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville football has TRADITION....There will be ZERO transfers from Pikeville to Pike Central to play football regardless of what Coach Mac does. Pikeville football was a powerhouse before Coach Mac and they will be a powerhouse after Coach Mac.

Exactly, no one transferred to SV when Hillard Howard went over there. Just the same.
ComfortEagle Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville football has TRADITION....There will be ZERO transfers from Pikeville to Pike Central to play football regardless of what Coach Mac does. Pikeville football was a powerhouse before Coach Mac and they will be a powerhouse after Coach Mac.

Exactly, no one transferred to SV when Hillard Howard went over there. Just the same.

Coach Mac is not near the Coach that Coach Howard is but I see what you saying about it being the same situation. I may be in the minority but I am excited to see Pikeville get a new coach that can lead them back to Louisville, which I am not sure they have now. I really hope that they don't hire within the current system because IMO there is no one there that can lead them back to Louisville.
greenfrog Wrote:If Pike Central is a "hole in the wall" program then lets hope the mighty panthers put them on their schedule. Those poor little "hole in the wall" children at Pike Central would just love the mere chance to participate in a football contest with the likes of those football juggernauts that have...what's that sound..I.. think... its a county school slowly getting ready to pounce on the ever weakening panther. SHHHH..... if you are really quiet you can hear the sound of the fabled panther yelp to its mates...GET...MORE...TRANSFERS....gasp....... They're coming !!!!
SHHHH wait thast right i hear nothing because central couldnt make any noise at all in 2A and it would be the same if they were 1A no doubt.....IMO this Fabled weakining panther is still more then those Mangy Hawks could handle on our worst day
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah and there is a big diffrence between our District and Region. Pikeville's has little "hole in the wall schools" like u all like to call them such as Jenkins and such. So how is it not easy for Pikeville to make it past the first round of the playoffs at least Central has to make it past such teams as the Breathitts and M-boros and Belfry and P-Burg. Think befor you speak please Big Grin
listen here Brosive....see if you were in our district do you think pikeville would'nt look at you as another "hole in the wall" team that they could easily roll over without hesitation....buddy.....central just isnt a football school......in basketball central gets the W....but they arent even at our level in football baby...believe That
15thRegionBaller Wrote:
Quote:stan_the_man Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so mr "stan the man", you dont think you're just a little bit bias for your your "mighty" school do u? the pikeville district consists of jenkins, hazard, south floyd, phelps, fleming neon, allen central and paintsville...besides paintsville and hazard, who else can play? in the first round of the playoffs for the mighty panthers they had to beat..who wasw it? somerset? the score was 37 to 7..if central were A they could handle somerset...i'd love to see pikeville move into AA...it would be an all out dog fight for them to compete in a playoff game against breathitt or someone of that stature.

Central....handle The briar jumpers, the Green Dragons(#1 ranked D in singleA)....hahah dont even think about the jackets(andy greer would pick them apart)....hahah forget about it
Pikeville beat Pburg 14-0 last year. What was the score of the Pburg-Pike Central game? What was the score at halftime?
greenfrog Wrote:If Pike Central is a "hole in the wall" program then lets hope the mighty panthers put them on their schedule. Those poor little "hole in the wall" children at Pike Central would just love the mere chance to participate in a football contest with the likes of those football juggernauts that have...what's that sound..I.. think... its a county school slowly getting ready to pounce on the ever weakening panther. SHHHH..... if you are really quiet you can hear the sound of the fabled panther yelp to its mates...GET...MORE...TRANSFERS....gasp....... They're coming !!!!
Believe me you don't want Pikeville on your schedule....the last time Johns Creek begged to play Pikeville they got beat something like 76-0.
Get in the weightroom, learn how to play the game, give P-Burg and Belfry a decent game then come calling.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm pretty sure IF Mac leaves they will replace him by someone within the school. PHS is too tight for money right now to give another teacher a job, and I here when Mac leaves, they are giving Priode total control over the PE dept.
Pikeville's next head football coach will come from outside the current school sytem!
All hail to the "mighty panthers" they're soo good. Just ask Belfry, what was the score to that game again?
Quote:All hail to the "mighty panthers" they're soo good. Just ask Belfry, what was the score to that game again?

not a close game at all lol it was what u would like to call a blow out i think the Pikeville fans are a little mad at PC b/c they stole MAC away isnt that right Pikeville please cry me a little more i like to c u all whine about how bad we r when u all couldnt take care of the M-Boros or Breathitts could u. Yeah u all prob would have beat PC this year just wait PC is a upcoming school that will sooner or later b VERY VERY talented prob next year actaully. More kids will b intrested and PC will prob get some Transfers.
PHSFAN Wrote:Pikeville beat Pburg 14-0 last year. What was the score of the Pburg-Pike Central game? What was the score at halftime?

Hahah I was waiting for this to come up.. P'burg lost to Pikeville in the first game of the season. If P'burg played Pikeville again say 2 weeks later, Pikeville wouldn't have had a chance. Now if you want to compare scores, Central beat South Floyd by 20 or so.. Pikeville beat SF by how many? was it 20 or something around there. Now how did that mighty panther offense do against Belfry? I think they scored 0. At least Central got up two points on them.