Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 57 - Betsy Layne 51
"blackcat_student" Wrote:WOW !!! I cannot even talk right now ! Congrats to everyone that was the game supporting the blackcats and the bobcats ! Michael Stephens had a real big game and so did Sean Leslie and Barnett and Hughes ! Prestonsburg Blackcats 2006 58th District Champs !!! By the way who made the FLAG !!!

Bobby Hughes came up HUGE for the Blackcats tonight, HUGE. That lil fella is gonna be something special, he is only a Sophomore I think. The 15th Region is full of elite Sophomores and Hughes is definately one of them.
The region wasn't taken away...it's the 57th's turn to host...not the 58th..
Congrats Blackcats!!!!!!!!!!!! The Flags were great, And what about that BIG ONE!!!!
"Hoops Lover" Wrote:The region wasn't taken away...it's the 57th's turn to host...not the 58th..
The Girls Region was to be at Prestonsburg this year.
Where are all the Bobcat fans? Where's all the BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE???
Ha gish they might not of made it home I think the DYNAMITE went off in Pburg tonight after we won........BOOM WENT THE DYNAMITE
HOW ABOUT THOSE BLACKCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prestonsburg sweeps the district, Congrats. You won't have a bunch of boys that are as close as these are and it shows on the court. Hughes stepped up big tonight, good job Bobby. I agree with Gish, Sean and Lewis both are two of the better players to ever wear red and black.
Good Job Bobcats, keep your heads up....we still have Regionals!!! HAIL BOBCATS!!! I would say congrats to Pburg but I cant bring myself to it, sorry!
Congrats Pburg
"bobcatfan06" Wrote:Good Job Bobcats, keep your heads up....we still have Regionals!!! HAIL BOBCATS!!! I would say congrats to Pburg but I cant bring myself to it, sorry!
That's okay we don't need you to. We don't need anymore fans than what we already have. :rock:

BTW Gish, I removed Mr. Boom goes the dynamite, but I'm thinking of adding him back just so we can get the best of him. BOOM WENT THE BLACKCAT DYNAMITE!!!! TongueoliceLig
[QUOTE="PC_U_KNOW_98"]:lol: HAHA, do you like CROW, BOBKAT? The funniest thing about all this is that Pburg played HORRIBLE compared to the way the played against South Floyd. I didn't think they played good at all, and according to you BOBKAT, Pburg would have to play better than they did against SF if they wanted to beat Betsy Layne.

I'm not BOBKAT but this Bobcat fan is glad that he is suspended. He was getting on my last nerve the last couple of days. I will say that BL did not play good at all last night either. Congrats P-burg on the win!!
"blackcat" Wrote:Prestonsburg sweeps the district, Congrats. You won't have a bunch of boys that are as close as these are and it shows on the court. Hughes stepped up big tonight, good job Bobby. I agree with Gish, Sean and Lewis both are two of the better players to ever wear red and black.

I hope by sweep you are referring to the two district tournament games, as the regular season was all Bobcats. Heads up Bobcats, on to bigger and better things next week. IMO Betsy Layne and Prestonsburg are the best two teams in the region, wouldn't suprise me if they meet again. Good Luck to both teams in regional.
The refs were horrible last night BL was getting fouled all over the place and they didnt call a thing but i am not going to balme the loss on the refs BL had a bad shooting night and they will be ready for regionals
"showstoppers4life" Wrote:The refs were horrible last night BL was getting fouled all over the place and they didnt call a thing but i am not going to balme the loss on the refs BL had a bad shooting night and they will be ready for regionals
I do agree with you there showstopper but P-burg was having the same troubles with the refs. Mike Hall does not need to be a ref. He is the worst thing to ever happen to 15th region basketball.
The refs was not the factor causing BL to lose. I think it was poor shooting. They missed 19 3's and only got to shoot 4 freethrows the whole game. But you are not gonna get to the charity stripe during a game shooting quick shots. BL out rebounded P-burg last night taking 22 more shots than them. They were just not falling. But oh well.........time to put the districts behind and look forward to the regionals. BL needs to continue to play the way they are capable of playing and they will be fine. Congrats to P-burg on the win. Best of luck to both teams especially my Bobcats. Would be nice to meet again at the Expo.
Congrats Blackcats! Good Luck in the Regional Tournament
GOOD JOB BL!....we still have region! .....HAIL BOBCATS!!!...and dont worry bout it boys...i would rather support you all any day win or lose...then to be known as a BLACKCAT!!!...
"bobcatfan06" Wrote:GOOD JOB BL!....we still have region! .....HAIL BOBCATS!!!...and dont worry bout it boys...i would rather support you all any day win or lose...then to be known as a BLACKCAT!!!...

Well I'm sure the Blackcat fathful are soooo happy to hear that! However I'm not real sure your much welcome in the BL camp. Ya see the Bobcats showed real class last night, something no one seems to find in anything you've ever written Bobkatfan06 or Bobcatfan06, which ever you go by today.
Good win for the Blackcats. I think both these teams could have a good showing in the reional tourny
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:. BL needs to continue to play the way they are capable of playing and they will be fine. Congrats to P-burg on the win. Best of luck to both teams especially my Bobcats. Would be nice to meet again at the Expo.

I think there is a very good chance of this happening. Good luck BL!
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Bobby Hughes came up HUGE for the Blackcats tonight, HUGE. That lil fella is gonna be something special, he is only a Sophomore I think. The 15th Region is full of elite Sophomores and Hughes is definately one of them.
I have been saying this about Bobby Hughes for weeks.:Thumbs:
"ALLSPORTFAN" Wrote:I'm not BOBKAT but this Bobcat fan is glad that he is suspended. He was getting on my last nerve the last couple of days. I will say that BL did not play good at all last night either. Congrats P-burg on the win!!

I hear ya, it's people like that that give teams a bad name. I don't think any less of BL just because of him, I know it was probably some high school kid that thought he was being cute. Betsy Layne isn't gonna be a cake walk for anyone, they have a very good chance of being right in the mix of things next week.
Does anyone have the stats from the game?
Way to go BLACKCATS!!! Last night was the funnest high school basketball game i have ever attended!! The atmosphere still gives me chills!
Regionals should hold some Great basketball action!!! Good luck CATS!!! Keep on rollin!
"clubber_layne" Wrote:Does anyone have the stats from the game?
I think Leslie had 17, Stephens 12, Barnette 11, Hughes 9, Herrick 6, McGuire 2,
Brandon Kidd I think had 16. Don't know any others
Here are P'burg's stats for the championship game.......

Leslie - 17 pts / 10 rebs / 2 blocks / 5 -5 FT's
Stephens - 12 pts / 3 steals / 7 -10 FT's
Barnette - 11 pts / 7 rebs / 1 block / 3-4 FT's
Hughes - 9 pts /4 rebs
Herrick - 6 pts / 3 steals
McGuire - 2 pts / 3 rebs

The Cats shot 41.8 % from the field and 72.7% from the FT line & 31% from 3 pt line.
They had 27 rebs, 9 steals, 14 T.O.'s, 10 assists & 3 blocks.
"Chicoman" Wrote:Here are P'burg's stats for the championship game.......

Leslie - 17 pts / 10 rebs / 2 blocks / 5 -5 FT's
Stephens - 12 pts / 3 steals / 7 -10 FT's
Barnette - 11 pts / 7 rebs / 1 block / 3-4 FT's
Hughes - 9 pts /4 rebs
Herrick - 6 pts / 3 steals
McGuire - 2 pts / 3 rebs

The Cats shot 41.8 % from the field and 72.7% from the FT line & 31% from 3 pt line.
They had 27 rebs, 9 steals, 14 T.O.'s, 10 assists & 3 blocks.
Thanks Chicoman. Can always depend on you.