Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise State...
Seems like no one can see the reality on Boise. It's either undying devotion,
or outright dismissal. Boise is NOT comparable ot the top level of the SEC.
But WHO IS? The very best team in the Big 12, B10, or Pac12 occasionally
is, but as you descend the ladder, the teams become increasingly less
able to compete. Heck take the 10th place team from any other
BCS conference and see if you don't think UK would handle them
relatively easily.

Boise HAS developed into a top tier power outside the SEC. And
they are certainly capable of playing on level with the most any
of the top teams outside the SEC. They would certainly annihilate
either Clemson or WVA. And no B10 team looks to be their equal this
season.
I actually used to be a Boise State fan, but to hear every involved with Boise bitch year after year about getting screwed....and then to move from the WAC to the MWC. At some point you have to quit bitching about getting screwed and do something about it. I think that boise has been a top 10 program in the last 8-10 years, but I also believe all the criticism has been warranted because of the actions of the school in regards to conference affiliation.
They got screwed in the sense that Va Tech plays in a bowl...
but IMO they don't deserve it above anyone else in BCS bowls.
Aslan Wrote:Bullshit.

now how in the H*ll do you know? Was you around me when I was little? umm No.

When did you become the Lakers? When they started winning those championships? more than likely
I agree with what someone said earlier about Virginia Tech making a bigger bowl then Boise.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Strikeout King Wrote:now how in the H*ll do you know? Was you around me when I was little? umm No.

When did you become the Lakers? When they started winning those championships? more than likely

SK, you were always a fan of a team called BSU. But win you were little, that team was Ball State University. So, you only thought you were a fan of Boise....:biggrin:

Or.

You are only 15. Because I never EVER heard of Boisen Berry St. until 10 years ago!
Stardust Wrote:SK, you were always a fan of a team called BSU. But win you were little, that team was Ball State University. So, you only thought you were a fan of Boise....:biggrin:

Or.

You are only 15. Because I never EVER heard of Boisen Berry St. until 10 years ago!

I've always been a fan of Boise State
Thank you TCU from preventing Boise State's program from getting embarrassed by an SEC team in a bowl game.
Strikeout King Wrote:I've always been a fan of Boise State

SK, I'm not saying you haven't, but the obscurity of a program that no one in the country ever saw or heard of is very impressive that you somehow found them. Ten years ago, Aslan and I kept trying to find the state of Boise on the atlas before we ever knew who they were. So I applaud you:Thumbs:
Strikeout King Wrote:now how in the H*ll do you know? Was you around me when I was little? umm No.

Actually when they sucked and Kobe carried a team that shouldn't have won 10 games into the playoffs.
You just seem to have a new favorite team every week.
Aslan Wrote:Actually when they sucked and Kobe carried a team that shouldn't have won 10 games into the playoffs.
You just seem to have a new favorite team every week.

don't you mean Shaq and Kobe?

I know it seems like that but it's not. If you go back and read all the "What are your favorite teams" threads in the General Discussions you'll see that I listed Kentucky, Boise State, Texas Tech, TCU
NothingTrivial Wrote:5th best according to any poll, and standings.

1. LSU (13-0) #1 bcs, usa today, espn, ap.
2. Alabama (11-1) #2 bcs, usa today, espn, ap. Loss to LSU
3. Arkansas (10-2) #6 bcs, #7 usa today, ap #8 espn Loss to Bama, LSU.
4. South Carolina (10-2) #9 bcs, usa #10 ap, #11 espn. Loss to Auburn, Arkansas.
5. Georgia (10-3) #16 bcs, espn #18 ap, usa. Loss to South Carolina, Boise, LSU.

Exactly. Thanks for posting that before i had to.
If Florida wouldnt have sucked this year, they would have been number 6 or 7.
Strikeout King Wrote:where do you get 5th? There right there with South Carolina for the 3rd Best Team in the SEC.

Wow is all im gonna say. The west has three teams alone better than them.
Boise sucks.
I would personally like to see the school discontinue the football program.
:haters: :gtfo:
NothingTrivial Wrote:I actually used to be a Boise State fan, but to hear every involved with Boise bitch year after year about getting screwed....and then to move from the WAC to the MWC. At some point you have to quit bitching about getting screwed and do something about it. I think that boise has been a top 10 program in the last 8-10 years, but I also believe all the criticism has been warranted because of the actions of the school in regards to conference affiliation.

Thye HAVE dones oemthing about it. They have tried and tried
to get big time schools to play them. When theyt have, they have
BEATEN them. They beat a top 10 Oregon team last year that ended
up in the BCS title game. And this year they came to Atlanta and
beat a top 15 Georgia team in their own back yard, DECISIVELY.

You people trashing Boise are DO NOT seem to have a clue.
I'm not going to sit here and say they can be competitive
with the best teams in the SEC, BUT WHO IN THE HELL CAN?
Boise however HAS CLEARLY DEMONSTRATED that they CAN
play with the rest of the big boys, and can play wit the middle
of the pack of the SEC. So YES, INDISPUTABLY, they have been
screwed by the BCS. They SHOULD be in a BCS bowl.

But of course programs getting screwed by bowl games in
favor of more afflent programs is nothing new.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boise sucks.

Then we couldn't make fun of them for complaining about not getting in the big game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boise sucks.

Even in what should be nicknamed the "Big Easy" next year, I am sure there will be a couple of school that will make them wish they discontinued their football program.
^ Big Easy will not have an automatic BCS Bid, so we still won't have to hear about BS'u!
If Arkansas isn't going to make a BCS game, Boise sure as hell isn't.
Stardust Wrote:^ Big Easy will not have an automatic BCS Bid, so we still won't have to hear about BS'u!

Pretty sure the current BCS deal doesn't have a provision
to take away their bid unless they don't have enough
teams in the league. So they will still be getting a BCS
auto bid.
That'll be an exciting and diverse conference with a great combination of both male and female football teams.
I hate Boise State
We need Boise State...that way when the NCAA Football game comes out every year I can play on a blue field.
Boise did not get the shaft. Teams like Arkansas got the shaft. This automatic bid crap for certain conferences is a bunch of shit. There should be NO automatic bids for conference champions. West Virginia playing in a BCS bowl is a joke. Virginia Tech playing in a BCS bowl is a joke. The top two teams in the BCS play in the National Championship, the other BCS bowls should be played by the rest of the top 10 teams in the BCS rankings, regardless of what conference they play in. That's 3 thru 10. 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8, and 9 vs 10.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Of course they got the shaft.
The BCS can't afford them to beat on one of their own again.