Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boise State...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone, except for me, think Boise State got the short end of the stick when they did not get accepted to a BCS bowl game?
I am not not much of a football type of person but with a 11-1 record and what they have done in the past in bowl games should show they deserve to earn a bid. Since Houston lost, I though Boise State was the now the highest non AQ now? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I just feel that Boise State should be in the Sugar Bowl playing Michigan or Virginia Tech with 1 loss by 1 point. Someone with a high football IQ please help me understand this BCS system.
we have a lot of Bosie State haters on here but I am for one a Bosie Fan. They always have a good team but they don't play that tough of a schedule. I'd like to see them play a little tougher schedule and see how they do and that's coming from a BSU fan
There is always a deserving team that gets shafted every year due to these horrible BCS rankings that need to be done away with!! Unfortunately, Boise State was the team that got shafted this year. I think Boise's head coach had a great argument and I think come 2013, they will not be renewing the BCS or at least hope and pray they don't!!!
They didn't get the short end of the stick. THEY GOT SHAFTED!!
No i do not believe they got shafted.
They have done nothing every year but cause trouble for football fans everywhere playing there weak ass schedules and acting like there a good team only to get beat by teams like Nevada and TCU.
I AM SO GLAD that they will finally shut up about this Boise crap now that Kellen and the rest of that garbage will be gone.
^ They dismantled Georgia this year and Georgia is going to a bigger bowl game than Boise State but In ways I do agree they do play a weak schedule but that's because the conference there in.
If they played georgia at the end of the year there would have been no dismantling.
That's what they all say
I just wish Boise would have never lost and got matched against LSU for the National Championship. But then again I would like for the national championship to not be a 50 point blow out so i'm glad they didn't.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I just wish Boise would have never lost and got matched against LSU for the National Championship. But then again I would like for the national championship to not be a 50 point blow out so i'm glad they didn't.

I'm not so sure they would have made it in the National Championship game even if they were undefeated.....IMO...greatest win on their schedule was Georgia and that was at the beginning of the year and historically Georgia seems to play its best football 2nd half of the season. With that being said, the conference a team is in, strength of schedule, quality of wins, etc... will outweigh an undefeated schedule in College Football which is why Alabama is in the championship game.
BSU could not even win their own conference! No, they do NOT deserve a BCS game! We are not talking about Alabama who plays in the best conference in college football. We are talking about the MWC, the MWC for crying out loud. No, BSU had NO business in a BCS game and that is no BS!
thedealer12 Wrote:Does anyone, except for me, think Boise State got the short end of the stick when they did not get accepted to a BCS bowl game?
I am not not much of a football type of person but with a 11-1 record and what they have done in the past in bowl games should show they deserve to earn a bid. Since Houston lost, I though Boise State was the now the highest non AQ now? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I just feel that Boise State should be in the Sugar Bowl playing Michigan or Virginia Tech with 1 loss by 1 point. Someone with a high football IQ please help me understand this BCS system.

Oh they got MONSTROUSLY SCREWED. Michigan and Va Tech
have ZERO business being in a BCS bowl. 2 PAC 12 teams ahead
of Boise are also a disgrace. But of course Boise doesn't have
the huge, monied fan base, so they take what boosts the bottom
line. Don't like it, but understand it.
Stardust Wrote:BSU could not even win their own conference! No, they do NOT deserve a BCS game! We are not talking about Alabama who plays in the best conference in college football. We are talking about the MWC, the MWC for crying out loud. No, BSU had NO business in a BCS game and that is no BS!

That would be the same MWC team that beat UGA by about the
same margin as LSU did, in the same building. I don't think
they are as good as LSU, but they are MILES BETTER than
Michigan, Va Tech, Clemson, Wisconsin, WVA. Of course
the confrence champs haev the auto bids, but Boise got
SCREWED!.
They beat Georgia in the first week of the season. Impressive. Georgia is a lot better now than they were then and LSU showed Saturday that even a much improved Georgia team is nowhere close to being ready to compete with the big boys. After the Georgia win, who did Boise State even play? Every major football program plays a couple of weak opponents to break from their conference schedule. But those games seem to be the only games Boise State plays.

I find it quite humorous reading one Bronco advocate’s argument based on BSU’s “body of work” in which he said that the only loss was to the defending Rose Bowl Champions. Way to make TCU sound better than they are. If we’re going to live in the past, then let’s not forget that Alabama slaughtered the defending BCS National Champions 42-14 and Oklahoma State dominated the defending Fiesta Bowl Champion.

Maybe I have a different understanding of “body of work” but I thought that meant that you played an impressive schedule with impressive wins. I’m confused as to how this could be used as an argument FOR Boise State. Oklahoma State beat four teams currently ranked in the BCS top 25. Alabama beat three. LSU beat five, three of which are currently in the top six. Boise State only played two, and only beat one.

I know the media gives Bronco fans false hope by giving them a high preseason ranking, but let me let you in on a little secret, Boise State is in no way, shape or form a legitimate BCS Title contender. Chris Peterson and Bronco fans should embrace the occasional BCS bowl game that they get when they go undefeated in their barely-FBS conference and stop crying when they get what they actually deserve, the MAACO Bowl. One day, after you’ve been in a legitimate BCS conference for a few years, you’ll be able to compete with the big boys and you’ll get your shot. Until then, enjoy your time in Vegas and good luck against Arizona State.
Stardust Wrote:They beat Georgia in the first week of the season. Impressive. Georgia is a lot better now than they were then and LSU showed Saturday that even a much improved Georgia team is nowhere close to being ready to compete with the big boys. After the Georgia win, who did Boise State even play? Every major football program plays a couple of weak opponents to break from their conference schedule. But those games seem to be the only games Boise State plays.

I find it quite humorous reading one Bronco advocate’s argument based on BSU’s “body of work” in which he said that the only loss was to the defending Rose Bowl Champions. Way to make TCU sound better than they are. If we’re going to live in the past, then let’s not forget that Alabama slaughtered the defending BCS National Champions 42-14 and Oklahoma State dominated the defending Fiesta Bowl Champion.

Maybe I have a different understanding of “body of work” but I thought that meant that you played an impressive schedule with impressive wins. I’m confused as to how this could be used as an argument FOR Boise State. Oklahoma State beat four teams currently ranked in the BCS top 25. Alabama beat three. LSU beat five, three of which are currently in the top six. Boise State only played two, and only beat one.

I know the media gives Bronco fans false hope by giving them a high preseason ranking, but let me let you in on a little secret, Boise State is in no way, shape or form a legitimate BCS Title contender. Chris Peterson and Bronco fans should embrace the occasional BCS bowl game that they get when they go undefeated in their barely-FBS conference and stop crying when they get what they actually deserve, the MAACO Bowl. One day, after you’ve been in a legitimate BCS conference for a few years, you’ll be able to compete with the big boys and you’ll get your shot. Until then, enjoy your time in Vegas and good luck against Arizona State.

Great post, except for the good luck against ASU part. I hope the Sun Devils annihilate them.
It's one thing to sneak up on a Georgia or an Oklahoma every now and then, actually having to compete in the SEC or the Big-whatever is another story. No I don't think that Boise got screwed at all, they knew if they wanted a BCS bid they were going to have to win them all and they didn't. I think if anyone got shafted out of a BCS game it was the Cotton Bowl players not getting in over VaTech. The only way I think Boise got screwed was with their opponent. Match them up against an 8-4 or 9-3 high-major like GaTech or Virginia or Cincy or something so we can see if they are really worth listening to their whining every year.
RoShamBo Wrote:It's one thing to sneak up on a Georgia or an Oklahoma every now and then, actually having to compete in the SEC or the Big-whatever is another story. No I don't think that Boise got screwed at all, they knew if they wanted a BCS bid they were going to have to win them all and they didn't. I think if anyone got shafted out of a BCS game it was the Cotton Bowl players not getting in over VaTech. The only way I think Boise got screwed was with their opponent. Match them up against an 8-4 or 9-3 high-major like GaTech or Virginia or Cincy or something so we can see if they are really worth listening to their whining every year.

And, match them up with a "Georgia" like team 5-6 times per season, EVERY season and let's see what we get....
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Great post, except for the good luck against ASU part. I hope the Sun Devils annihilate them.

LOL, OK, I may have been a little facetious with that statement.... Go ASU....:Thumbs:
Strikeout King Wrote:we have a lot of Bosie State haters on here but I am for one a Bosie Fan. They always have a good team but they don't play that tough of a schedule. I'd like to see them play a little tougher schedule and see how they do and that's coming from a BSU fan

I don't hate BSU, I just am not a believer in BSU! There is a difference!
Stardust Wrote:I don't hate BSU, I just am not a believer in BSU! There is a difference!

now I was looking at their schedule over the years last night and they have beaten some good teams. Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Utah, Nevada, Oregon, TCU, Oklahoma and some others and all of those were ranked. But I do agree that they do need to play a harder schedule.

on a note, Boise State's Coach did say that everyone is getting tired of the BCS and I'm sure we can all agree to that
Strikeout King Wrote:^ They dismantled Georgia this year and Georgia is going to a bigger bowl game than Boise State but In ways I do agree they do play a weak schedule but that's because the conference there in.

The same Georgia team that is about the fifth best team in the SEC?
Gimme a break, Boise Sucks, and happily, there finally done with there crap.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The same Georgia team that is about the fifth best team in the SEC?
Gimme a break, Boise Sucks, and happily, there finally done with there crap.

where do you get 5th? There right there with South Carolina for the 3rd Best Team in the SEC.
Strikeout King Wrote:now I was looking at their schedule over the years last night and they have beaten some good teams. Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Utah, Nevada, Oregon, TCU, Oklahoma and some others and all of those were ranked. But I do agree that they do need to play a harder schedule.

on a note, Boise State's Coach did say that everyone is getting tired of the BCS and I'm sure we can all agree to that

Well, the BCS is a bunch of BS
Why is Strikeout King a Boise State fan? That's all I want to know.
Aslan Wrote:Why is Strikeout King a Boise State fan? That's all I want to know.

I've always been a Boise State fan. I mean is it against the law to have more than 1 favorite team? Boise State, TCU are my favorite teams but Kentucky will always be #1 on my list
Thanks for your opinions everyone! I knew their schedule was weak but they are 2-0 in BCS bowl games. I just wanted to hear everyone's thought on this as I said, I'm not really a football person, but curious of as why they didn't make it to a better bowl game than they did. I'm not saying they're worthy of playing for a big bowl game year in and year out, but what they've done in the past are major accomplishments for a school their size to be noticed as a school that can play and win with the SEC or Big 12 teams. I just didn't know that so many people on here hated schools that are non AQ's.
I don't hate Boise St. at all. I don't like them because I like USC and they have been taking recruits from them for the past few years, but I don't hate them. As far as non-power conference schools go I have always liked TCU and Southern Methodist, along with Western. I just don't think winning a game or two a season against a BCS conference team means they are good enough to compete in a BCS conference. If they end up in the Big East then that will be their best opportunity to compete because it is awful, but I still don't expect them to run the table.
Strikeout King Wrote:where do you get 5th? There right there with South Carolina for the 3rd Best Team in the SEC.

5th best according to any poll, and standings.

1. LSU (13-0) #1 bcs, usa today, espn, ap.
2. Alabama (11-1) #2 bcs, usa today, espn, ap. Loss to LSU
3. Arkansas (10-2) #6 bcs, #7 usa today, ap #8 espn Loss to Bama, LSU.
4. South Carolina (10-2) #9 bcs, usa #10 ap, #11 espn. Loss to Auburn, Arkansas.
5. Georgia (10-3) #16 bcs, espn #18 ap, usa. Loss to South Carolina, Boise, LSU.
Aslan Wrote:Why is Strikeout King a Boise State fan? That's all I want to know.

They won a game.
like I said I've always been a fan of Boise State
Pages: 1 2