Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 73 - (5) North Carolina 72
vundy33 Wrote:He's not a John Wall, but go look at Wall and Knight's first 10 games. It's the same thing. He will grow and become a better decision maker...

Your PG, Scoop, went through the same stage, they all do.

Scoop did not have near the hype as Teague...Im just saying he's overrated...Will he be a much better player in March, Probably and probably be a lotto pick....I just stated the facts i've seen so far...Why get so mad over that? I said MKG,Jones and Miller was beast..
Overrated Wrote:Scoop did not have near the hype as Teague...Im just saying he's overrated...Will he be a much better player in March, Probably and probably be a lotto pick....I just stated the facts i've seen so far...Why get so mad over that? I said MKG,Jones and Miller was beast..

Huh? I'm not mad. Just really don't like hearing people say someone is overrated when their play pretty much replicates that of the two previous PG's that have been through here. Only 8 games into the season, Wall or Knight were at about the same spot. He could end up the best PG ever, never know.

I just don't like giving a player the overrated status until January 1st. Now, come the Louisville game, if he hasn't adjusted to what he's supposed to be, a true point that takes care of the ball and everyone else, I'll be the first to call him on it.
I'm not a Cuse fan anymore because of Boeheim, but I LOVE Scoop. Met him in NYC. Awesome player and really cool dude. Imagine him at UK, a senior point...hahaha. Be greatness.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm not a Cuse fan anymore because of Boeheim, but I LOVE Scoop. Met him in NYC. Awesome player and really cool dude. Imagine him at UK, a senior point...hahaha. Be greatness.

A senior point guard with 4 years under Calipari would be scary good.
Great game.

First, hats off to UNC. Played their best game all year today. They shot unbelieveably well. 61% from Three? WOW. And they did this on the best defensive team in college basketball. They will not play that good again. I promise you that.

Second. Great win UK! That's how winners get it done.. We shot bad. We gave up too many threes. Our starting PG barley scored. Jones was pretty much absent on offense the second half. And we made mental mistakes at key times. BUT we still got the win. Why? Because we flat out gave it all we got. We showed today who the better team was.

Teague may not have had 10+ assists or 10 points but he played a helluva game. He controlled the tempo for UK. He fascilitated our breaks. And he may have missed some shots but they were all good looks at the basket. Those floaters will fall eventually. He was right on the same level as all world Marshall today.

Jones was a flat out beast! He was our dominating force the first half. He didn't get rattled this time when Henson or Zeller was in his face. He took it hard and strong to the goal. he used his head and speed to get his shots off. Second half he wasn't as much a force on offense but it sure was on defense.

Miller was huge today. He played like the savy senior we all know him to be. He took goo shots. He used his size perfectly in the post. We need to utilize that more and Calipari should had made the an emphasis in the second half.

Davis was once again the man. He played very well. He might not have had as many points as usual but his presence was felt on both ends of the court. Everytime an UNC player went to the goal they was wary of Davis. He affected shots he didnt even try to block. He rebounded the ball really well. And what more can you say about his last piece of amazing? Blocking Henson will be a play UK fans will remember for a long time.

Kidd Gilchrist was flat out awesome today. When he turned it on, the whole team followed suit. He had no equal when he wanted to drive. He should have went to the line a lot more but for some reason the refs seemed to swallow whistles when he was getting hacked under the goal. He was awesome on defense and will only get better.

Lamb was Lamb. He took good shots. He didnt force anything. When he ran pint, he was in control. Only knack on him was that turnover at the end of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Crazy Horse Wrote:Thats what I said, we have so much room for improvement and UNC doesn't, 40-0

Kinda scary isn't it!! I see #8 getting closer and closer!! GO CATS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Amun-Ra Wrote:Great game.

First, hats off to UNC. Played their best game all year today. They shot unbelieveably well. 61% from Three? WOW. And they did this on the best defensive team in college basketball. They will not play that good again. I promise you that.

Second. Great win UK! That's how winners get it done.. We shot bad. We gave up too many threes. Our starting PG barley scored. Jones was pretty much absent on offense the second half. And we made mental mistakes at key times. BUT we still got the win. Why? Because we flat out gave it all we got. We showed today who the better team was.

Teague may not have had 10+ assists or 10 points but he played a helluva game. He controlled the tempo for UK. He fascilitated our breaks. And he may have missed some shots but they were all good looks at the basket. Those floaters will fall eventually. He was right on the same level as all world Marshall today.

Jones was a flat out beast! He was our dominating force the first half. He didn't get rattled this time when Henson or Zeller was in his face. He took it hard and strong to the goal. he used his head and speed to get his shots off. Second half he wasn't as much a force on offense but it sure was on defense.

Miller was huge today. He played like the savy senior we all know him to be. He took goo shots. He used his size perfectly in the post. We need to utilize that more and Calipari should had made the an emphasis in the second half.

Davis was once again the man. He played very well. He might not have had as many points as usual but his presence was felt on both ends of the court. Everytime an UNC player went to the goal they was wary of Davis. He affected shots he didnt even try to block. He rebounded the ball really well. And what more can you say about his last piece of amazing? Blocking Henson will be a play UK fans will remember for a long time.

Kidd Gilchrist was flat out awesome today. When he turned it on, the whole team followed suit. He had no equal when he wanted to drive. He should have went to the line a lot more but for some reason the refs seemed to swallow whistles when he was getting hacked under the goal. He was awesome on defense and will only get better.

Lamb was Lamb. He took good shots. He didnt force anything. When he ran pint, he was in control. Only knack on him was that turnover at the end of the game.

Great point Amun-Ra, that was huge. Unlike Knight, and even Wall, Teague does not have to make a lot of big plays every game. If he can be consistent and do a good job controlling the flow of the offense, that is more important than anything. He doesn't always have to be making huge plays for UK to win ball games.
Was in Huntington WV screaming my lungs at Best Buy, Funny part was half the people in there was to. Man the Big Blue nation is far and wide.
A little late to the party here on BGR. But boy let me tell you, UNC can shoot the lights out of a basketball! Don't miss! But ''Young Guns'' Cats show how mature and athletically gifted they are by overcoming UNC's shooting performance and getting the W.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Was in Huntington WV screaming my lungs at Best Buy, Funny part was half the people in there was to. Man the Big Blue nation is far and wide.

Huntington is almost like part of Kentucky. A lot of Northeastern Ky does most of their Holiday shopping at the Huntington Mall.
Charleston gets quite a bit as well....a heck of a lot more UK fans there than one would think. It's been a while since I've been there, probably 7 or 8 years, but I remember going up there with a friend and we happened to catch the UK game at one of the local restaurants. It was like a sea of UK blue lol.
Game Ball: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Played like full grown man, 17 points, 11 rebounds....plus he held Harrison Barnes to just 14 points on 12 shot attempts.

-----

Good Thoughts:

Doron Lamb had a great game, 14 points, shot 50% (including 2 very clutch 3's towards the end of the game.) Did have team high 4 turnovers, but he made up for it.

Darius Miller had a solid game, stepped up when was needed down the stretch.

Terrence Jones did well on defense, 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals & 3 blocks. However, one fault I think he took far too many perimeter shots, but he made a few so thats ok.

Anthony Davis...he saved the game, plain and simple.

Eloy Vargas, only played 6 minutes but he played very tough with Tyler Zeller during that time refusing Zeller to post up on him, he ripped down 2 rebounds, if he played starter minutes he'd have double digits.

Kyle Wiltjer played well, was very quick to come aid in double team situations and at least cause one turnover. Plus, had a critical basket towards the end the lefty scoop shot.

Marquis Teague, had just 4 assists but only 1 turnover which was good. I think he took some pretty bad shots out there tho, but overall had a good game.

Defensive Intensity.

Poise of this young team, especially with the huge atmosphere.

Transition Defense, really hampered North Carolina's fast break offense, they didn't get many easy baskets this day.

-----

Not So Good Thoughts:

I didn't like some of the match-ups, like putting Davis on Zeller...Zeller pushed him around like a ragdoll at times. They put Jones on Henson, several times Henson shot over Jones. I would have reversed roles there.

3 point shooting, many impatient shots and alot of wrong people taking many of those 3's.

3 point defense, North Carolina shot the 3 at will.
J-Rod Wrote:Game Ball: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Played like full grown man, 17 points, 11 rebounds....plus he held Harrison Barnes to just 14 points on 12 shot attempts.

-----

Good Thoughts:

Doron Lamb had a great game, 14 points, shot 50% (including 2 very clutch 3's towards the end of the game.) Did have team high 4 turnovers, but he made up for it.

Darius Miller had a solid game, stepped up when was needed down the stretch.

Terrence Jones did well on defense, 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals & 3 blocks. However, one fault I think he took far too many perimeter shots, but he made a few so thats ok.

Anthony Davis...he saved the game, plain and simple.

Eloy Vargas, only played 6 minutes but he played very tough with Tyler Zeller during that time refusing Zeller to post up on him, he ripped down 2 rebounds, if he played starter minutes he'd have double digits.

Kyle Wiltjer played well, was very quick to come aid in double team situations and at least cause one turnover. Plus, had a critical basket towards the end the lefty scoop shot.

Marquis Teague, had just 4 assists but only 1 turnover which was good. I think he took some pretty bad shots out there tho, but overall had a good game.

Defensive Intensity.

Poise of this young team, especially with the huge atmosphere.

Transition Defense, really hampered North Carolina's fast break offense, they didn't get many easy baskets this day.

-----

Not So Good Thoughts:

I didn't like some of the match-ups, like putting Davis on Zeller...Zeller pushed him around like a ragdoll at times. They put Jones on Henson, several times Henson shot over Jones. I would have reversed roles there.

3 point shooting, many impatient shots and alot of wrong people taking many of those 3's.

3 point defense, North Carolina shot the 3 at will.

Our 3 point shooting defense has to improve quick. We have given people wide open looks all year. Someone would make us pay eventually, and sure enough UNC buried several. We gave Portland a ton of wide open looks, as well as Samford, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Teams are getting way too many open looks, and our guys need to do a better job of getting a hand in somebody's face. But, I am sure Calipari will address this! I trust in Cal!
I questioned Miller coming off the bench., But man Michael Kidd is a beast.
That's really the only aspect of defense, this team don't excel at. But believe you me, they will get better in every aspect of the game on both ends. At the end of the year, this time might be contending for a NBA Championship Big Grin
Man, I'm glad I was wrong about this game.
WideRight05 Wrote:Our 3 point shooting defense has to improve quick. We have given people wide open looks all year. Someone would make us pay eventually, and sure enough UNC buried several. We gave Portland a ton of wide open looks, as well as Samford, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Teams are getting way too many open looks, and our guys need to do a better job of getting a hand in somebody's face. But, I am sure Calipari will address this! I trust in Cal!

Nah, I was told it's the BEST it's ever been.......:Shaking:
if any group of people could bitch about a win against UNC it would be this group of people. almost EVERY 3 point shot was contested. the last one that bullock made was just luck. if a taller defender had been on him it would have been a blocked shot. get off their backs they just beat UNC.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Was in Huntington WV screaming my lungs at Best Buy, Funny part was half the people in there was to. Man the Big Blue nation is far and wide.

I was on a ski trip two years ago at Massanutten in Virginia when we were playing Vanderbilt at Vandy with John Wall and crew. Over half the people in the lodge were UK fans and close to half were wearing UK gear. The staff had to pull an extra TV into the main lodge because of all the people watching the game. I also lived in Atlanta for most of my life and I always felt there were more UK basketball fans than UGA or GT basketball fans down there. Kentucky is the South's rep. in basketball.
“I thought I was open,’’ Henson said. “It was a taste of my own medicine. I’ve done that before, he did it to me. He made a great play.”
WideRight05 Wrote:A senior point guard with 4 years under Calipari would be scary good.

How could you EVER have been a Cuse fan if it's about Boeheim?
He's the very definition of an all-recruit/no coach head man.
Plus he plays a high school schedule EVERY year in the non-conference,
then whiens when his team is on the bubble most years.
Anthony Davis saved us that's for sure.
UK all the way
I'm sick of hearing that Teague is overrated. What in the hell does he have to do other than distribute the ball? Is Rajon Rondo overrated because he doesn't average 20 points per game like Chris Paul does? No! Rondo controls the game and gets the ball to the open man. That's all Teague is doing.

Sure, his jumper doesn't look good, but neither did Wall's or Rondo's. Doesn't mean they are overrated. It just so happens that on this team, Teague isn't looked at to score a ton of points.

Does he need to work on his shot? Yep. But it's not like he's forcing the issue with it. He's taking what the defense is giving him; his shot just isn't falling at this point. Big freaking deal. Other than his shot, Teague has done what is being asked of him in these past 4 games and that's to control the game and not turn the ball over.
Aslan Wrote:If Davis don't block Hensons shot, I swear I think he makes it.

100% agree. Henson and Barnes was making shots like that all day long.

Aslan Wrote:And I hate Zeller. The kind of hate I had for Kyle Singular.

Wow, 100% agree again.

PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Eloy Vargas deserves some credit. If he can come in and not suck we are set for the title. Darius Miller, and the other vets were the key to this victory.

Eloy is getting better, whether anyone else sees it or not I don't know.. He played good in the tourney last year I thought.. His presence is definitely felt down low when he's in the game now.

vundy33 Wrote:He had 17 and 11..11 rebounds for a SF! How awesome is that?!?

Pretty good.

king360 Wrote:Man, I'm glad I was wrong about this game.

Me too but I think we all knew it'd be a good game.

Aslan Wrote:“I thought I was open,’’ Henson said. “It was a taste of my own medicine. I’ve done that before, he did it to me. He made a great play.”

Good to see him being a good sport about it.
Off topic but - why the hell are we talking about Scoop Jardine? He sucks :lame:
Ballers Wrote:100% agree. Henson and Barnes was making shots like that all day long.

Wow, 100% agree again.

Eloy is getting better, whether anyone else sees it or not I don't know.. He played good in the tourney last year I thought.. His presence is definitely felt down low when he's in the game now.

Pretty good.

Me too but I think we all knew it'd be a good game.

Good to see him being a good sport about it.

Ballers, the complete opposite of being a "Troll". He is all "Yes", "I Agree", "my point as well", blah, blah, blah. Where did the old Ballers go where he always found a way to get into a disagreement......

Next thing I can expect from him is, "well yes, I think the Lakers are great too"......:ChairHit: