Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Kentucky 73 - (5) North Carolina 72
Davis has the chance to be the best player in Kentucky history!!!
Colleague @MichaelGrant_CJ covered UNC locker room. Heels said they were so stunned by Davis' block, they forgot to foul at the end. - Kyle Tucker
Aslan Wrote:Who helped their NBA Draft stock the most off this game? Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. But don't go overboard. - Chad Ford

Jones........he was The Man of the House in this game.

Not to mention, if the NBA agreement goes through as I've seen it suggested, the Freshman will all be back for another year.
Love this one.
If I'm picking a team of any 13 guys - which we are gonna do at CBSSports.com soon - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is gonna be on that team. - Jeff Goodman
laker20 Wrote:Jones........he was The Man of the House in this game.

Not to mention, if the NBA agreement goes through as I've seen it suggested, the Freshman will all be back for another year.

Gosh, wouldn't that be awesome?

Just imagine how exciting things would be if that happened. It's possible.
There was so many times that UK could have lost this thing, but they held good composure even with Carolina shooting lights out.
As always, Davis made a few plays that showed why he's got a great chance to be the #1 pick. Especially the alleyoop & the block at the end. - Draft Express
WideRight05 Wrote:Gosh, wouldn't that be awesome?

Just imagine how exciting things would be if that happened. It's possible.

Then we could be talkin 80-0....back to back, etc.
Calipari: "Let's hope if we have to play them again ... it's the very last game of the season."
Calipari: “Terrence Jones, that was his best game of the year."
Calipari: "For a freshman team to do this, to have nine turnovers, it’s incredible."
Calipari: "We gutted it out. This is supposed to be in March, not now. I’m exhausted."
Anybody else in America but Davis who can block that shot? Calipari: "No."
Calipari: "I made Marquis Teague stand up and hug my man in there. You hug Anthony, because he saved you."
zaga_fan Wrote:blah blah blah
If you didn't hate on 3/4 on the team I would take that as a compliment.

Huh? I was giving uk all the props man! I just said Teague had a bad game. Lat I checked he wasnt 3/4 of the game. I was giving unc props on shutting Davis out of the game until the end if that's what u were complaining about? Har to give unc some props, I mean they did playba great game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There was so many times that UK could have lost this thing, but they held good composure even with Carolina shooting lights out.

So true! Uk played with a lot f heart and never gave up! As did unc, this was just a great game to wath
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Williams: “It’s a long season. I guarantee you, those 25,000 people out there don’t remember we beat Kentucky early last season.”
Roy Williams on all UK's talent: "What's your poison?"
Roy Williams: "Not many people can block a jump shot from John Henson.” The guy who can? Williams called him "Mr. Davis."
"They dominated us a little more in the paint than we thought they would." - Roy Williams
"I don't know if Kentucky fans believe in Leprechans but somebody got Davis down there to block that shot at the end..." - Roy Williams
What a basketball-game. That was just a beautiful game to watch. Carolina kids…hold your heads high. UK kids…same. Thanks for the effort. - Rex Chapman
laker20 Wrote:Davis (in his 8th college game) held arguably the best center/forward in college basketball to 14 pts / 8 rebs. Jones is the best player on college basketball and showed excellent poise. Lamb just makes it look easy. and Teague played under control and didn't force anything in the biggest game of his life.

L'ville fans might want to celebrate the new year early because on 12/31/11 if the Cats play twice as bad as you make it sound in your post, then it will still be a 15 pt Wildcat victory over the kiddie cards.

There's no such think as a UK homer when talking basketball. Congrats on your 5-2 Spartan Record, and for giving Coach K the lead in all time wins..:biglmao:

:haters:
So where exactly was I making uk sound awful? I clearly stated that they deserve the #1 spot! Wht else do you want? I just told the game a d gave some props to unc for shutting Davis out, which they did! And Teague shot a few bad shots but playe a decent game. Believe it or not it's not against the law to give unc props In a game that they played great in!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Very few games live up to the billing. This one did.

So did the Louisville/Vandy game and Florida/Syracuse games last night.

We've seen a lot of good basketball early in the season.
FBALL Wrote:Very few games live up to the billing. This one did.

Gonna be a crazy good season lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"

That rule is off the table! It's not even being discussed anymore! I have been trying to you all that for days, lol...
Whew! OK, I've now got Kentucky No. 3 in East behind Heat, Bulls, with Carolina possible home seed if Magic deal Howard and take step back. - Ira Heat Beat
Amazing how Anthony Davis has literally grown into an imposing shot blocker in two years. A rematch in New Orleans would be sweet. - Andy Katz
Dear Basketball Gods, Please let us relive UNC-Kentucky in March. Sincerely, Everybody. - ESPN
Wait, so are we watching UNC-Kentucky or the 2015 NBA All-Star Game? - ESPN
Aslan Wrote:Williams: "Lamb and Miller and Gilchrist … all three of those kids really hurt us."

This I true! Although Davis will get the credit for this W I think gilchrist always the hero today as was lamb as he hit some monster shots at the end
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
vundy33 Wrote:That rule is off the table! It's not even being discussed anymore! I have been trying to you all that for days, lol...

Not true.
Nothing is final yet and while its unlikely now, according to some sites and news outlets, this rule could still very well happen.
theVILLE Wrote:This I true! Although Davis will get the credit for this W I think gilchrist always the hero today as was lamb as he hit some monster shots at the end

Gilchrist absolutely was the player of the game. He kept UK in it when it was gut check time with UNC threatening a double digit lead.

Still don't know how you don't call a foul whe they almost dislocate the guys shoulder slapping across the arms.
FBALL Wrote:I dont see how you guys can say Teague had a bad game. He and Darius Miller are unsung heroes for this team. They do all of the little things and did today.

Teague and Marshall was damn near a push. If UK gets that kind of steady PG play they will be tough to beat.
Totally agree. For a team that has this many young players and only have 9 turnovers is like Cal said "incredible". That starts with the PG. His stats aren't pretty, but he controlled the tempo of the game, and executed Cals game plan perfectly.

In the first half Jones looked like next years number one overall pick. Where was he in the second half though? He completely disappeared on offense. But he did still continue to play outstanding defense.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There was so many times that UK could have lost this thing, but they held good composure even with Carolina shooting lights out.
Grind. It. Out!
laker20 Wrote:Then we could be talkin 80-0....back to back, etc.
You best believe, after we get number #8 this year, with the perfect 40-0 season, 80-0 starts immediately after the celebrations end!
FBALL Wrote:Very few games live up to the billing. This one did.

Today's game seriously made last nights games look like average grade school games.