Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou. Central 26 Bell County 0
PaytoPlay Wrote:Hey Coachdad, congrats to Central from a Belfry fan. I will be honest and say I was routing for Bell. For two reasons frankly. 1) dont want to see you guys 2) Bell is a mountain team.

I watched one game on Ihigh from Central. You guys do look substantially smaller up front on the D-line (cant remember about the o-line) but I seem to remember real good size up front on the o-line. That lack of size on the d-line just signaled to me "more speed."

I also watched Bell play against Lafeyette on Ihigh and thought they had a nice mix of size and talent at the skill positions. The result of this came is a tad sobering to either Belfry or Garrard fans, but thats ok. Those of us who have really been looking at this thing know that we are playing for a SHOT and knocking off a jugernaut. All you can ask for is to buckle the chins straps and give it your best.

To Bell fans - Feel GREAT about your program. With Dudley gone, you have a really good coach. You guys will be in the mix every year.

Your point is well taken , however those guys for central are bigger than what you think on d.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I tried to tell the Bell County fans that Central's speed up front would keep Davenport from being able to get much done. Congrats to Central for the Regional Championship and to Bell for a great season.

Davenport worked his butt off and did his part aand he showwed his speed on the 51 yard touchdown that was called back who was close to catching him no one i believe anyway good job Central and congrats Good Luck the rest off the way Nothing but respect for them all the negative talk was bogus great atmosphere!!!
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I think most people in or around the program expected the boys to be exactly where they were at. The fumbles definately hurt, but that's all coulda, shoulda, woulda now. When I saw central out there warming up me and everyone around was saying "wow these boys are small, Bell is twice their size" but my goodness...on this night HUGE things came in small packages. They looked to be just as strong as Bell, on top of being faster. I think your 3A state champions came out of this game with a win. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Bells D seemed to keep Wales in check. The one play that I thought knocked the air out of Bell, was when it was 3rd and very long, every WR covered, was pressuring the QB, then he cut back across field for a huge gain and first down, that was the straw that broke the camels back in my eyes, although they like that have all year, continued to fight off defeat with all they had in them, tonight just wasn't their night. BTW,

why wasn't starting DT David Hoskins, and starting C Hunter Marcum playing tonight?

Marcum broke his snapping hand in practice earlier in the week and Hoskins was suspended for some disciplinary actions from the school.
Game was closer that score shows. Bell was 1st goal at the 8 when the first fumble happened. Score would have been 7-0 Bell. Then on the next possession the fumble ret. seemed to take the air out of the Cats. Bell out gained Central in yds until the final run by Wales when the game was all but over.

Congrats to Central they made the plays when they had too.
Congrats on great year Bobcats.. Must develope a passing game.. i listened to this game on radio and Bell got the ball with 11: 42 in the fourth ; down 20-0 and ran 10 plays and 9 minutes and 30 seconds off the clock and never threw a pass.. Lou. Central must have been cheering for Bell to run and continue to run.. ?????
Wideleft01 Wrote:This is typical of the whining we hear from Bell fans every year. Whenever they get eliminated(and they do every year), we get to hear how they got cheated instead of the other team was better.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Only thing is, he isnt a Bell fan....He's a fan of Pulaski County sports so that comment doesnt make sense.

Thank you RIUTG!!! Wideleft, I really have no idea what you're talking about because for one, I am for Pulaski County football but, since they're out, I am supporting both Southwestern and Somerset! Secondly, I guess you forgot about them winning the State Title in 2008!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
the team before bell scored two Tds on central no way bell is second best lol
UCFB Wrote:the team before bell scored two Tds on central no way bell is second best lol

U got a point.
^
Oh yea, because comparing scores really works for telling which teams are better than others.
The only way to know is if two teams play period.
UCFB Wrote:the team before bell scored two Tds on central no way bell is second best lol

And the team before Bell, if your talking about Corbin, got the snot beat out of them by Bells JV and Fresh after the Varsity decided they were gonna take a rest. See where comparing scores gets you? I can't say Bell should have scored this much or that much, because mistakes we're made and can happen at anytime. Bell and Central were a good match up IMO. Bell held Wales to his lowest rushing total of probably his career at 59 yards on 20 carries. Central just had too much depth, and made the big plays when Bell didn't, I hope to see this game again next year at Log Mountain. Even though we lost, it was still a very good game, both teams got after each other all night.
Wales had 136 yards on 20 carries,, not his lowest of the year.. Yes i know he had 1 carry for 71 yards but they all count..
redstorm Wrote:Wales had 136 yards on 20 carries,, not his lowest of the year.. Yes i know he had 1 carry for 71 yards but they all count..

:eyeroll:If that had been Jude you would have blasted him with everything you've got.
I was way off on this one. I thought Bell's style would give Central trouble. Central has proven they can match up with any style. Nobody in 3a can match Central. 26-0 shutting out Bell county is an exclamation mark. 3a is Central's to lose as long as their in it. Shutting out Bell county is something most cannot do.
SlantStrong Wrote:I was way off on this one. I thought Bell's style would give Central trouble. Central has proven they can match up with any style. Nobody in 3a can match Central. 26-0 shutting out Bell county is an exclamation mark. 3a is Central's to lose as long as their in it. Shutting out Bell county is something most cannot do.

Perhaps their shellacking at the hands of Johnson Central a couple of years ago proved a very valuable lesson learned.
How far is Wales away from the record now?
Hes got two games left, and chance on him breaking it or is he to far behind?

He'll get more yards in the next two games than he had in this one.
Bob Seger Wrote:Perhaps their shellacking at the hands of Johnson Central a couple of years ago proved a very valuable lesson learned.

Nope no lesson learned there for these kids the VAST majority of these kids were in middle school when that game was played
redstorm Wrote:Wales had 136 yards on 20 carries,, not his lowest of the year.. Yes i know he had 1 carry for 71 yards but they all count..

But before that 1, with 1 min left in the game..on 4th down..leading 20-0, he had 20 for 59. I'm not gonna complain about running the ball late in the game or trying to score late, everyone's done it, and I know they all count. Without that 1 late run though, Bell Co controlled him. It was more everyone else beating us on big plays than it was him. He is a spectacular talent none the less, and probably the best High school running back I've seen in person besides maybe Jaron Toney from Alcoa.
central won the first round by less than 18 points and that team put up around 20 if im not mistakin ......wales need to average 300 yards+ in each game to break the record
Stardust Wrote:Bell County had its eyes on Central running back Anthony Wales and bottled up the explosive running back the entire game.

Until his final touch, that is.

On fourth-and-one at Central’s 29-yard line, Wales went up the middle, ripped through Bell County’s defense and sprinted 71 yards for a touchdown with 1:50 left in the game.

That put the finishing touches on Central’s 26-0 win over the visiting Bobcats (11-2) Friday night in the Class 3-A regional final.

Central (10-3) next will visit Fort Campbell (9-4) in the semfinals. The Falcons advanced with a 20-17 win over Paducah Tilghman.

Before his final carry, Wales had run for just 59 yards against Bell County’s stingy defense.

Wales, who went into the game with 2,350 yards this season, said he wasn’t concerned about his rushing total.

“We knew they would put a lot of players in the box,” he said. “We’re not a one-dimensional team.”

Wales said he went to Central coach Ty Scroggins and asked for the ball before his final run.

“He came over and said, ‘Believe in me,’ ” Scoggins said as a smile. “I believe in him. But it’s really good to have a player with that kind of confidence.”

Central got early offense from its defense.

Bell County had the ball at its own 41 when Cory Davenport fumbled in traffic and Central sophomore Royshawn Beason picked up the ball and raced 45 yards for a touchdown with 59.9 seconds left in the first quarter.

“We teach that,” Scroggins said. “Scoop and score.”

After forcing Bell County to punt, Central’s Tae Shawn Gibbs returned it to the Bobcats’ 38 and the Yellow Jackets went 38 yards in six plays. On the final play of the drive, Wales went right, got bottled up and then cut across the field for a 13-yard touchdown run with 7:34 left in the first half.

Central took control of the game with an 11-play drive that took 6:44 off the clock in the third quarter. Wales gave Central a 20-0 lead with a 5-yard scoring run.

Late in the game the Bobcats drove inside the Central 10-yard line before Gibbs intercepted a pass by Bell County quarterback Osolonian Corey.

Did Davenport fumble?

Only fumbles were by Osslonian and Polly.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Did Davenport fumble?

Only fumbles were by Osslonian and Polly.

Davenport did fumble. That was the first TD for Central
Coachdad Wrote:Nope no lesson learned there for these kids the VAST majority of these kids were in middle school when that game was played

I was implying more to the coaching staff.
Iluvfootball Wrote:Davenport did fumble. That was the first TD for Central

Checked stats. Davenport didn't have any fumbles. I'll ask him at school tomorrow.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Checked stats. Davenport didn't have any fumbles. I'll ask him at school tomorrow.

Davenport didn't fumble, Bell had 3 fumbles on the game, with two lost. One inside the Central 10 by Oslonian, one after a 10-15 yard run by Polly that was returned for a TD, and one last one on the exchange from center to Oslonian that was recovered.
Bob Seger Wrote:I was implying more to the coaching staff.

Most of coaching staff is different as well. That team just did not come out ready to play. A couple games later they lost 21-13 to Highlands.
Coachdad Wrote:Most of coaching staff is different as well. That team just did not come out ready to play. A couple games later they lost 21-13 to Highlands.

Scroggins was the head coach back then too, wasn't he? I think it had a lot to do with they just were not prepared for the physical style of JC that year. It had to help them with their matchup against Belfry in the finals that year, seeing that they had a similar style of play. You dont think that that first game into the mountains was an education into what to expect from teams from this area?
Bob Seger Wrote:Scroggins was the head coach back then too, wasn't he? I think it had a lot to do with they just were not prepared for the physical style of JC that year. It had to help them with their matchup against Belfry in the finals that year, seeing that they had a similar style of play. You dont think that that first game into the mountains was an education into what to expect from teams from this area?

No. That would be like saying u better strap up your chinstraps real tight we got Sheldon Clark & Shelby valley coming up! THEY HAD AN OFF NIGHT ! the freshmen from that team are freshmen in college now & Central has about 15 coaches & most of them were not on the staff way back then, Central beat Male & Trinity on back to back weekends some years ago & let me tell you Male , Central & Trinity and all the other good teams leave games in the past exactly were they belong .......in the past, your supposed to forget about your last win or loss& just focus on the task at hand. Listen to Charlie Strong you just might learn something:HitWall:
Bob Seger Wrote:Scroggins was the head coach back then too, wasn't he? I think it had a lot to do with they just were not prepared for the physical style of JC that year. It had to help them with their matchup against Belfry in the finals that year, seeing that they had a similar style of play. You dont think that that first game into the mountains was an education into what to expect from teams from this area?

The only learning of to expect from a team like Johnson Central is running there running back 10+ times while there up by 50.:notworthy
Coachdad Wrote:No. That would be like saying u better strap up your chinstraps real tight we got Sheldon Clark & Shelby valley coming up! THEY HAD AN OFF NIGHT ! the freshmen from that team are freshmen in college now & Central has about 15 coaches & most of them were not on the staff way back then, Central beat Male & Trinity on back to back weekends some years ago & let me tell you Male , Central & Trinity and all the other good teams leave games in the past exactly were they belong .......in the past, your supposed to forget about your last win or loss& just focus on the task at hand. Listen to Charlie Strong you just might learn something:HitWall:

Your arrogance is just flat out amazing. First thing is you were not even at the game that night so what would you know about it to begin with. If you had of been you would have seen a bunch of Yellowjackets that looked like a bunch of whupped pups that couldn't figure out which end of the C & O tracks the freight train came through on that mowed then down. Your "stud" that year was the the most shocked and whupped of them all by the way. That sir is not an "OFF NIGHT". An off night is when you get beat in a squeeker or come from behind at the end and eek one out. An "OFF NIGHT" is not when you get flat out humiliated. I do like how to try to make it look as something else. Man up for once. Your boys plain old hunkered up and "QUIT".

2nd thing is you are too dang dumb and arrogant to realize that I was throwing a compliment at your coaching staff for being able to go from a humiliating defeat, learn something from it, and use it to beat a similar style Belfry team on down the road when it mattered. I really didn't expect much else out of you though to be honest. I should never have expected that you would be able to comprehend where I was coming from. It's just not in you. You are a real piece of work and have proved time and time again on here that you are about as dumb as a rock. Good thing your kid can run. Gives you a chance to live in his glory, and make you look like you think you are an expert though, doesn't it? haha I do remember though how you crybabied, snotted and went on when he didn't make one of those all state teams that you coveted so much. Did you whine and boohoo when a Johnson Central boy beat him in the state track meet too? I guess he didn't come ready that day to run and had an "OFF NIGHT" then as well. Is that it?

See what happens when you try to compliment an ignoramous?

Charley Strong, yeah right!!! I guess I am supposed to be impressed by that or something??
Congrats to Bell Co. on a great season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Your arrogance is just flat out amazing. First thing is you were not even at the game that night so what would you know about it to begin with. If you had of been you would have seen a bunch of Yellowjackets that looked like a bunch of whupped pups that couldn't figure out which end of the C & O tracks the freight train came through on that mowed then down. Your "stud" that year was the the most shocked and whupped of them all by the way. That sir is not an "OFF NIGHT". An off night is when you get beat in a squeeker or come from behind at the end and eek one out. An "OFF NIGHT" is not when you get flat out humiliated. I do like how to try to make it look as something else. Man up for once. Your boys plain old hunkered up and "QUIT".

2nd thing is you are too dang dumb and arrogant to realize that I was throwing a compliment at your coaching staff for being able to go from a humiliating defeat, learn something from it, and use it to beat a similar style Belfry team on down the road when it mattered. I really didn't expect much else out of you though to be honest. I should never have expected that you would be able to comprehend where I was coming from. It's just not in you. You are a real piece of work and have proved time and time again on here that you are about as dumb as a rock. Good thing your kid can run. Gives you a chance to live in his glory, and make you look like you think you are an expert though, doesn't it? haha I do remember though how you crybabied, snotted and went on when he didn't make one of those all state teams that you coveted so much. Did you whine and boohoo when a Johnson Central boy beat him in the state track meet too? I guess he didn't come ready that day to run and had an "OFF NIGHT" then as well. Is that it?

See what happens when you try to compliment an ignoramous?

Charley Strong, yeah right!!! I guess I am supposed to be impressed by that or something??

you dont know who my son is ignoramous ! leave him out of this you disrespectful coward ! ive said nothing about him !& you shouldnt either what kind of jerk brings sombody's family in this when you are talking about an unrelated high school game years and years ago. and i might take a compliment gracefully if your unarticulate self knew how to give one that wasnt an undercover insult! u must wish you were in my shoes ! they are some good shoes to be in