Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Urban Meyer to Ohio State
Crossbones Wrote:I hate Ohio State with a passion. My brother from columbus just got here for Thanksgiving. After saying that Urban will have success at OSU. he will bring in recruits simply because of who he is. It is an easier road to hoe in the Big10 than SEC. Win out and he is in. No Big10 championship game, no SEC schedule. As was said the Money is there and so are the athletes. I am a Florida and Urban fan. I do not blame him, it is a win win. The big10 is a cake walk to the BCS championship compared to the SEC with all the same TV coverage and fan support.
Half right. There is a Big 10 championship game now. He may not have an SEC scgedule now, but that doesn't mean the Big 10 is a wash. It may be after he gets some recruits that he used to get at Florida though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:Half right. There is a Big 10 championship game now. He may not have an SEC scgedule now, but that doesn't mean the Big 10 is a wash. It may be after he gets some recruits that he used to get at Florida though.

I was honestly unaware of a big10 championship game. It was needed IMO. If SEC type athletes go to OSU they will be head and shoulders above other big10 teams. The SEC dominates Div.1 football. If any of the other conferences played week in and week out the type of teams LSU plays, no way would they go undefeated. My biggest hatred of Ohio State is they are almost always rated in the top 5 preseason playing a 10 game schedule against weaker teams. The big10 IMO is not a wash but no where near the caliber teams in the SEC. I'm not trying to be a homer, but it is simply true. College football has advanced in the last few years and most conferences are fairly even in a athletic standpoint. Athletes that couldn't get in a larger D1 school are making strides in smaller D1 schools inturn competing with the big name schools.