Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tubby Petition (For Real) Here's your chance!
"syoung" Wrote:In MY opinion, it has not been just one bad season. Slowly, but surely,the UK team has went down hill. It is an ongoing process. Admit it....Tubby sucks.:baby:

so a near final four berth last year means a slowly but surely downward spiral??
so being the #1 overall seed in the tourny 2 of the past 3 years is a downward spiral?? face it dude, this is one bad season, and they guys are still going to have a chance to do somethin come march.
"syoung" Wrote:In MY opinion, it has not been just one bad season. Slowly, but surely,the UK team has went down hill. It is an ongoing process. Admit it....Tubby sucks.:baby:
:omg: :wtf1: Yeah ELite 8 is pretty terrible. But some people would rather trade that in for a secound round tourny exit and someone who wouldn't represent the Univ. well at all. TUBBY:loveya: :theman:

You're wasting your time, syoung.....these Tubbylovers see the UK basketball program with blue glasses on. They're incapable of visioning what actually is occuring. These kind of fans are tickled pink with elite 8's and sweet 16's and SEC championships in a weak conference. They're the ones bouncing up and down in the eRuption Zone while UK is getting drilled by Vandy and Bama, hoping UK can just make it a 'close game'. REAL UK FANS demand final fours and National Championships and settle for nothing less. These narrowminded 'teenage Cat fans' make me shake my head TBH.

[Image: http://eyes1.busythumbs.com/users/a/ahem...e_Eyes.jpg]
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:You're wasting your time, syoung.....these Tubbylovers see the UK basketball program with blue glasses on. They're incapable of visioning what actually is occuring. These kind of fans are tickled pink with elite 8's and sweet 16's and SEC championships in a weak conference. They're the ones bouncing up and down in the eRuption Zone while UK is getting drilled by Vandy and Bama, hoping UK can just make it a 'close game'. REAL UK FANS demand final fours and National Championships and settle for nothing less. These narrowminded 'teenage Cat fans' make me shake my head TBH.

Way to respond to my post once again...You ignore everything I say because you know you can't argue against it....I see clearly what is occuring..I see a time in college basketball where anybody can win any game on any given night...I am tickled with going to the elite 8, especially last year a team in which we lost 5 seniors off the team....Nobody thought that team was going to have the season they had, and Tubby led them all the way to the Elite 8 in which MSU beat us in one of the best games I'v ever watched...A foul called on the Sparks 3 and Tubby and the gang is in the final 4...The SEC is weak, but when you win the conference as much as we have then that says something...The SEC isn't as down as usual this year, with Tenn. and Florida both hanging around the top 10, and LSU in the top 25 as well...Along with Kentucky who could beat anybody if they're on...The SEC isn't as good as the Big 10, BEast, or the ACC but it's far from a joke...The ERUPPtion Zone has nothing to do with this arguement, but what in the hell is wrong with the fans jumping up and down cheering for their team game after game? Please answer me that question..What is wrong with youngsters in the ERUPPtion Zone cheering for their team? Do you want them to just sit down and give golf claps when Kentucky is playing? That really makes no damn sense at all, and why you would bring that up baffles me...

I would love a final four appearance, and a national title too, but I know that for most schools that just doesn't happen very often...The league is more competitive now than ever and teams don't just dominate year in and year out now and march their way to final fours...

And you seriously need to get the hell over this teenage/young people thing you have going on, because it's WEAK! It has nothing to do with the matter at hand, and by declaring that you are older than us youngsters, yet then getting burned by us should be embarrassing to you, and you should really let that arguement go, because it's a joke...The fact that you went 18 years without a championship, and then have the right to come in here and complain because we're in our 8th season since a title is hilarious...

I shake my head at these grown men who come in with names like "yellow snow" and try to argue with us poor narrowminded youngsters...
"corndog23" Wrote:This may be THE most rediculous thing i have ever seen. I honestly dont know why people would want to fire Coach Smith. He is a wonderful coach, and an even better ambassador for the program. Things like this just embarass him, the fans, the players, and the entire University of Kentucky program!!! This is just the fans way of saying that they beleive they are above the university and all those who run it! its just disrespectful.
I agree that Coach Smith is a very "good" ambassador for the program, and that he should be given the benefit of the doubt as far as the current state of Kentucky basketball is concerned, but if it continues, he should no that we as UK fans expect more than just a good season every few years, and the recruiting class coming in is not very good from what I am hearing, so maybe we need to replace the people who do a majority of the recruiting for the program.

I guess you missed last year when they finished in the top 5% of all NCAA basketball teams. Heck I think thats pretty good especially when you realize they were only 1 point from the final four but no big deal they lost to MSU and thats right they still finished the season with a LOSS also.:Hammer3:
I keep hearing how we don't stand for sub-par and this and that and UK is so terrible and Tubby stinks and we're not going to stand for it. OK if you want him gone its real easy and I'll tell you how to do it.

1. STOP WATCHING AND LISTENING
2. STOP BUYING UK BASKETBALL AND FOR THAT MATTER FOOTBALL MERCHANDISE
3. STOP GOING TO THE GAMES (NOW THAT WILL GET THE ATTENTION)

NOW

Last time I checked more channels than ever are covering UK games so that doesn't appear to be hurt by UK's terrible teams. Still pretty sure they're in the top 5 of College Merchandise sold. And I know they're still selling out the games and will be in the top two in attendance and probably number 1 again since Syracuse has been sub-par also.

So go ahead if there is so many that want him gone you should be able to make a dent in all three of these areas. Heck I bet they don't even have 5,000 at the Florida game.
"CatDawg" Wrote:I keep hearing how we don't stand for sub-par and this and that and UK is so terrible and Tubby stinks and we're not going to stand for it. OK if you want him gone its real easy and I'll tell you how to do it.

1. STOP WATCHING AND LISTENING
2. STOP BUYING UK BASKETBALL AND FOR THAT MATTER FOOTBALL MERCHANDISE
3. STOP GOING TO THE GAMES (NOW THAT WILL GET THE ATTENTION)

CatDawg.......TBH, I've already done all 3 of your suggestions. I hardly ever watch UK basketball on the tube anymore (sorta like watching paint dry or grass growing) and almost doze off if I listen to UK basketball while driving. I own zero UK merchandise and do not plan on purchasing any in the immediate future. I used to go to the games back before Tubby, but honestly, wouldn't go to a UK game if I had free tickets, and yes, I have been offered free tickets and yes, I turned them down. The product put on the floor is not worth the price of gas.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:CatDawg.......TBH, I've already done all 3 of your suggestions. I hardly ever watch UK basketball on the tube anymore (sorta like watching paint dry or grass growing) and almost doze off if I listen to UK basketball while driving. I own zero UK merchandise and do not plan on purchasing any in the immediate future. I used to go to the games back before Tubby, but honestly, wouldn't go to a UK game if I had free tickets, and yes, I have been offered free tickets and yes, I turned them down. The product put on the floor is not worth the price of gas.

Then just quit worrying about it so much..By the way, thanks for responding to my post once again..Keep ignoring them and maybe I'll go way..Smile Im so glad you don't go to the games and buy merchandise...It would only give UK Basketball a black eye if you were seen at the games or wearing anything to do with them...Keep protesting hard, and I'm sure Mitch Barndhardt(sp) will take note and just suspend all basketball activities until Mr. Yellow Snow himself decides that he thinks the team is good enough to come to the games...Then maybe UK Basketball will be ok...When Yellow Snow comes to the games again UK is really going to be in good shape...

Keep turning down tickets, just more for the real fans :dance: The product put on the floor is worth anything in my opinion along with the other 23,000 that pile into Rupp for everygame...Must be doing something right to sell out every game...But please just stay out, because man it's great in there...

If you don't watch Kentucky, listen to Kentucky, or go to the games then how do you supposedly know so much about this team? If you barely watch them then you don't know too much about this team...You don't look at the future recruits so you know nothing about them..I thought you had this team figured out and knew all about UK Basketball? Yet you don't even watch it? Some fan you are Smile...

You don't care about it, but yet you care enough to get on bgr and complain and whine about until your true knowledge of UK is exposed...Good job yellow snow...You're really doing great, and I heard earlier that Tubby was really concerned about losing your support Smile
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:CatDawg.......TBH, I've already done all 3 of your suggestions. I hardly ever watch UK basketball on the tube anymore (sorta like watching paint dry or grass growing) and almost doze off if I listen to UK basketball while driving. I own zero UK merchandise and do not plan on purchasing any in the immediate future. I used to go to the games back before Tubby, but honestly, wouldn't go to a UK game if I had free tickets, and yes, I have been offered free tickets and yes, I turned them down. The product put on the floor is not worth the price of gas.

Wait....so you dont watch the games and you still get on here and complain about how your an awesome fan and the youngsters are ignorant? and you still whine about how bad they look?? you just lost EVERY BIT of your credibility. im done with you.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Still pretty sure they're in the top 5 of College Merchandise sold.

NOPE.......

UK was at one time in the top 5....not any longer....Thanx Tubby

ATLANTA, Ga., (November 15, 2005) - The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is pleased to announce its top-selling CLC member institutions and manufacturers for the first quarter of the 2005-2006 fiscal year. These rankings represent royalties reported July 1, 2005 through September 30, 2005 on collegiate merchandise sold.

Top-50 Universities (1.) The University of Texas at Austin (2.) The University of Michigan (3.) University of Georgia (4.) University of North Carolina (5.) University of Tennessee Knoxville (6.) University of Notre Dame (7.) The University of Oklahoma (8.) University of Florida (9.) Florida State University (10.) The University of Alabama (11.) Auburn University (12.) The Pennsylvania State University (13.) Louisiana State University (14.) University of Miami (15.) University of Wisconsin (16.) University of Kentucky (17.) University of Nebraska (18.) University of Illinois (19.) University of Arkansas Fayetteville (20.) University of South Carolina (21.) Oklahoma State University (22.) University of Maryland (23.) Clemson University (24.) University of Kansas (25.) The University of Virginia (26.) Kansas State University (27.) The University of Arizona (28.) Texas Tech University (29.) Purdue University (30.) University of Pittsburgh (31.) University of Missouri (32.) University of Louisville (33.) Duke University (34.) University of Washington (35.) Georgia Institute of Technology (36.) Stanford University (37.) Washington State University (38.) University of Mississippi (39.) Syracuse University (40.) University of Colorado (41.) University of Connecticut (42.) University of Cincinnati (43.) U.S. Military Academy (44.) Marshall University (45.) University of Utah (46.) The University of Montana (47.) U.S. Air Force Academy (48.) Brigham Young University (49.) Boise State University (50.) Colorado State University

LINK TO ABOVE RANKINGS
You Tubbylovers don't have a clue, do 'ya?? Smile
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:NOPE.......

UK was at one time in the top 5....not any longer....Thanx Tubby

ATLANTA, Ga., (November 15, 2005) - The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is pleased to announce its top-selling CLC member institutions and manufacturers for the first quarter of the 2005-2006 fiscal year. These rankings represent royalties reported July 1, 2005 through September 30, 2005 on collegiate merchandise sold.

Top-50 Universities (1.) The University of Texas at Austin (2.) The University of Michigan (3.) University of Georgia (4.) University of North Carolina (5.) University of Tennessee Knoxville (6.) University of Notre Dame (7.) The University of Oklahoma (8.) University of Florida (9.) Florida State University (10.) The University of Alabama (11.) Auburn University (12.) The Pennsylvania State University (13.) Louisiana State University (14.) University of Miami (15.) University of Wisconsin (16.) University of Kentucky (17.) University of Nebraska (18.) University of Illinois (19.) University of Arkansas Fayetteville (20.) University of South Carolina (21.) Oklahoma State University (22.) University of Maryland (23.) Clemson University (24.) University of Kansas (25.) The University of Virginia (26.) Kansas State University (27.) The University of Arizona (28.) Texas Tech University (29.) Purdue University (30.) University of Pittsburgh (31.) University of Missouri (32.) University of Louisville (33.) Duke University (34.) University of Washington (35.) Georgia Institute of Technology (36.) Stanford University (37.) Washington State University (38.) University of Mississippi (39.) Syracuse University (40.) University of Colorado (41.) University of Connecticut (42.) University of Cincinnati (43.) U.S. Military Academy (44.) Marshall University (45.) University of Utah (46.) The University of Montana (47.) U.S. Air Force Academy (48.) Brigham Young University (49.) Boise State University (50.) Colorado State University

LINK TO ABOVE RANKINGS

Not hard to figure this one out Yellow Snow..Nice try on blaming Tubby though..

THE ONLY school in the top 16 OTHER than Kentucky are big football schools, and some have good basketball programs..I think we can thank our weak football program for the lack of merchandise sold...Considering UNC and UK are the only true basketball teams in the top 16 I find it pretty amazing that they are both that high without strong football programs..

Nice try on blaming Tubby and UK Basketball though...

If we just looked at "basketball" merchandise I wonder if UK would be top 5..Let me answer that for you...YES...

Thanks for letting me prove you wrong once again though...Good try :thumb:
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:You Tubbylovers don't have a clue, do 'ya?? Smile

Keep ignoring my posts, and keep letting me prove you wrong Smile
"alfus21" Wrote:Not hard to figure this one out Yellow Snow..Nice try on blaming Tubby though..

THE ONLY school in the top 16 OTHER than Kentucky are big football schools, and some have good basketball programs..I think we can thank our weak football program for the lack of merchandise sold...Considering UNC and UK are the only true basketball teams in the top 16 I find it pretty amazing that they are both that high without strong football programs..

Nice try on blaming Tubby and UK Basketball though...

If we just looked at "basketball" merchandise I wonder if UK would be top 5..Let me answer that for you...YES...

Thanks for letting me prove you wrong once again though...Good try :thumb:

Mug.:rock:
"alfus21" Wrote:Keep ignoring my posts, and keep letting me prove you wrong Smile

In all honesty bud, your posts have such little substance, they're not worth the time responding to.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:In all honesty bud, your posts have such little substance, they're not worth the time responding to.

Smile Holy crap....Yeah my posts have such little substance, that's why they're about 3 times as long as anybody's and have valid facts, and points, and it's also the resaon you can't respond to anything I say when I expose your thoughts and opinions..Nice try though..Your posts truly are pretty awful, but I have time to respond to them because I can prove you wrong on them, and everybody on here can see that but you..Smile
"alfus21" Wrote:Smile Holy crap....Yeah my posts have such little substance, that's why they're about 3 times as long as anybody's and have valid facts, and points, and it's also the resaon you can't respond to anything I say when I expose your thoughts and opinions..Nice try though..Your posts truly are pretty awful, but I have time to respond to them because I can prove you wrong on them, and everybody on here can see that but you..Smile

Mug.:rock:
"Enigma" Wrote:I agree that Coach Smith is a very "good" ambassador for the program, and that he should be given the benefit of the doubt as far as the current state of Kentucky basketball is concerned, but if it continues, he should no that we as UK fans expect more than just a good season every few years, and the recruiting class coming in is not very good from what I am hearing, so maybe we need to replace the people who do a majority of the recruiting for the program.

good post. the only thing i disagree with is your assesment of the incoming class. right now, via rivals, it is the #11 class in the country. Jodie Meeks and Derrick Jasper will be very good college players. They are big guards that can really d it up and shoot the ball well. Perry Stevenson Is a defensive machine averagin a triple double with boards, points, and BLOCKS! Micheal Porter is a sleeper in this class as he can really see the court well and shut down guys on the defensive side of the ball. Also about Porter he was offered a scholly to play safety by pete carrol at USC. If he can play safety for pete carrol, he can play defense for tubby smith. Also Phil Jones and Tyler Smith are two very talented players who will likely suit up for the cats next year. This is potentially a top 5 class. And a class that, with the current sophomore class could bring kentucky #8 in the coming years.
fire tubby
"TE#82" Wrote:fire tubby

Deep :lame:
"TE#82" Wrote:fire tubby

I agree 100%!

:theman:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I agree 100%!

:theman:

Your a fool.
"corndog23" Wrote:Your a fool.

I would love to know why I am a fool.

I have a right to my opinion. I don’t like what I see with Tubby. I think your name calling shows the real fool!

:rules:
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I would love to know why I am a fool.

I have a right to my opinion. I don’t like what I see with Tubby. I think your name calling shows the real fool!

Because anyone who thinks Tubby Smith is a terrible basketball coach just doesnt know what they are talking about. The man is a fantastic ball coach and has done nothing to deserve to be fired......Corndog is entitled to his opinion of you being a fool as well....
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:I would love to know why I am a fool.

....couldn't have said it better, BelfryJustice. Some of these guys don't realize just how foolish 'they' are.
"moofer" Wrote:Because anyone who thinks Tubby Smith is a terrible basketball coach just doesnt know what they are talking about. The man is a fantastic ball coach and has done nothing to deserve to be fired......Corndog is entitled to his opinion of you being a fool as well....

1). I never said that he was a terrible coach. I think he is a good coach.
2). I feel that anyone that says he is a fantastic coach may not know what they are talking about.
3). Opinions are a very important part of this site, but personal attacks are not and that covers name calling.
4). UK has deteriorated somewhat from the level that Tubby took over the program and that is very clear.

:yesno:
"corndog23" Wrote:good post. the only thing i disagree with is your assesment of the incoming class. right now, via rivals, it is the #11 class in the country. Jodie Meeks and Derrick Jasper will be very good college players. They are big guards that can really d it up and shoot the ball well. Perry Stevenson Is a defensive machine averagin a triple double with boards, points, and BLOCKS! Micheal Porter is a sleeper in this class as he can really see the court well and shut down guys on the defensive side of the ball. Also about Porter he was offered a scholly to play safety by pete carrol at USC. If he can play safety for pete carrol, he can play defense for tubby smith. Also Phil Jones and Tyler Smith are two very talented players who will likely suit up for the cats next year. This is potentially a top 5 class. And a class that, with the current sophomore class could bring kentucky #8 in the coming years.
Thanks for correcting me on the incoming class. I had heard that there was a "drop-off" of talant and that we would be thinking this year as a a "good" year in comparison to the next few seasons.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:....couldn't have said it better, BelfryJustice. Some of these guys don't realize just how foolish 'they' are.

Some of us guys don't know how foolish we are, because our opinion is different, yet you STILL can't respond to any of my arguements because you know you can't...Smile Classic
"BelfryJustice" Wrote:1). I never said that he was a terrible coach. I think he is a good coach.
2). I feel that anyone that says he is a fantastic coach may not know what they are talking about.
3). Opinions are a very important part of this site, but personal attacks are not and that covers name calling.
4). UK has deteriorated somewhat from the level that Tubby took over the program and that is very clear.

:yesno:

Can you show me a team in this day and age throughout the entire country who could sustain that level of dominace for an entire decade.