Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tubby Petition (For Real) Here's your chance!
If we want to revive the meaning of basketball in Kentucky then here's our chance to maybe make a difference, or atleast let'em know what we think. This is for real as it is an actual petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/firetubb/petition.html

Confusederved:
This may be THE most rediculous thing i have ever seen. I honestly dont know why people would want to fire Coach Smith. He is a wonderful coach, and an even better ambassador for the program. Things like this just embarass him, the fans, the players, and the entire University of Kentucky program!!! This is just the fans way of saying that they beleive they are above the university and all those who run it! its just disrespectful.
If Tubby gets 1 offer this offseason, you mine as well count him gone. I don't think he can put up with all of the criticism. I don't know the souce, but I have heard that if an N.B.A. team offers then if is FOR SURE gone! I have heard that he isn't the happiest of people in Lexington. Guess we shall wait and see.
I won't sign :thumb:
I'm not signing either
Only a true idiot would sign that, because not only is it going against Coach Smith and UK, it ISN'T going to work...Pretty hilarious people think that an online petition is going to make the Athletic Department say, well these idiots on the internet want Tubby gone so maybe we should listen to them..Smile Get real guys....As for Tubby darting to the NBA..That really is up in the air, because you have to look out for your family first and that's quite a bit of money, even compared to what he is making now...But I'm betting if he lands Tyler Smith in this class he'll stay to have UK back up as a national powerhouse..l
This is the worst thing I have seen UK fans do in a while.
i saw this on the other site, and one of the posters pointed out tha ron burgundy had signed the petition.Smile Smile
I've already signed it....was one of the first 50 to do so. No doubt Tubby is a great person, but I've had all I want of Tubby ball and inept recruiting. Kentucky is no longer feared among the ranks of college basketball anymore, especially since Tubby took over and to get UK back to that level once again, drastic steps must be taken. No, Tubby won't resign or even go to the NBA. Heck, he can't even deal with the superego's on this squad, let alone the superego's in the NBA. Tub has 5 more years left on his contract. Not sure UK and the great fans of Kentucky basketball can take 5 more years of Tubby ball.

One more thing.....as I converse about UK basketball with many others on several basketball chat sites on the internet, usually the ones who want Tubby to stay are found in the 12 - 21 year old category. These people, to be honest, are absolutely clueless about UK basketball tradition and what it means. Us 'old geezers' who lived and breathed UK basketball for many years just can't put up with Tubby ball and losing. Maybe when these 'young pups' get a little age and intuition about them, they'll realize the damage Tubby Smith has done to the University of Kentucky basketball program. If one remembers correctly, another prestegious basketball program in UNC was going through this same situation a few years back. Did they just quietly sit back and let the coach continue to embarrass the program with 10 - 15 loses per season? Absolutely not. They 'fixed' their problem ( and it was one of their own bretheren that got the axe ) and won a national championship two years later and now have their program back on top with top 10 recruiting classes coming in every year and will more than likely be ranked as the #1 team next season. Does UK have the balls to do something like UNC did? Absolutely not. I rest my case.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:I've already signed it....was one of the first 50 to do so. No doubt Tubby is a great person, but I've had all I want of Tubby ball and inept recruiting. Kentucky is no longer feared among the ranks of college basketball anymore, especially since Tubby took over and to get UK back to that level once again, drastic steps must be taken. No, Tubby won't resign or even go to the NBA. Heck, he can't even deal with the superego's on this squad, let alone the superego's in the NBA. Tub has 5 more years left on his contract. Not sure UK and the great fans of Kentucky basketball can take 5 more years of Tubby ball.

One more thing.....as I converse about UK basketball with many others on several basketball chat sites on the internet, usually the ones who want Tubby to stay are found in the 12 - 21 year old category. These people, to be honest, are absolutely clueless about UK basketball tradition and what it means. Us 'old geezers' who lived and breathed UK basketball for many years just can't put up with Tubby ball and losing. Maybe when these 'young pups' get a little age and intuition about them, they'll realize the damage Tubby Smith has done to the University of Kentucky basketball program. If one remembers correctly, another prestegious basketball program in UNC was going through this same situation a few years back. Did they just quietly sit back and let the coach continue to embarrass the program with 10 - 15 loses per season? Absolutely not. They 'fixed' their problem ( and it was one of their own bretheren that got the axe ) and won a national championship two years later and now have their program back on top with top 10 recruiting classes coming in every year and will more than likely be ranked as the #1 team next season. Does UK have the balls to do something like UNC did? Absolutely not. I rest my case.

Maybe you "old geezers" are senile. Dont tell me i dont know about the tradition of Kentucky Basketball because i am merely 19 years old. No i didnt live through most of it but you cant tell me im clueless. I read about the history of UK basketball on a daily basis. I look at the records, and the records of their opponents, and the records of their opponents opponents. Dont go doggin on the younger generation because your old and you think your better then we are.
who would want to fire tubby seriosly, whats your problem
"corndog23" Wrote:I read about the history of UK basketball on a daily basis. I look at the records, and the records of their opponents, and the records of their opponents opponents.

You've just made my case for me.......thanx!
This is just down right crazy. I would never sign anything like this. This must be started by someone from the we want Billy fan club. Well you can have him. I don't want him. I like going past the 2nd round in the tourny.
It doesn't make sense to fire anyone who can say they have won a national title...I can honestly not think of a better person to coach this team...it's people like you that give UK basketball a bad name...
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:You've just made my case for me.......thanx!

exactly how did i prove your point??
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:I've already signed it....was one of the first 50 to do so. No doubt Tubby is a great person, but I've had all I want of Tubby ball and inept recruiting. Kentucky is no longer feared among the ranks of college basketball anymore, especially since Tubby took over and to get UK back to that level once again, drastic steps must be taken. No, Tubby won't resign or even go to the NBA. Heck, he can't even deal with the superego's on this squad, let alone the superego's in the NBA. Tub has 5 more years left on his contract. Not sure UK and the great fans of Kentucky basketball can take 5 more years of Tubby ball.

Smile You talk about age, yet I'm younger and can reason better...The fact that you signed this actually thinking it would make any difference shows that you can't think reasonably...One down year, and you say nobody fears Kentucky anymore...Funny thing is, look at Suttons last year, and Pitinos first....Nobody feared Kentucky then, but WOW, look they recovered and nobody died in the process....If UK can get over that they can get through anything...You say nobody is scared of UK or Tubby anymore, and you're wrong..If you think that noody was scared to play Tubby and UK the last 3 seasons then you're only kidding yourself....I can take 50 more years of Tubby ball myself...It's just you old geezers that obviously can't handle it...

I for one am 20 years old, but know well about the tradition..I know it was 18 years between National Titles from 78 - 96, so what did you old geezers think then? Just curiuous how you lived because the way you complain now is utterly ridiculous...You've put up with losing before, so why not one more bad season? Every team in America has off years like this...Tubby led his 2003 team to the Elite 8 and with Bogans healthy that was a final four team...If a foul was called on Sparks' 3 pointer last year in the Elite 8, there's another final four appearance over a MSU team that beat mighty Duke...Funny thing is, you talk about UNC fixing the problem, and yet what has Roy Williams done before he came to UNC..How many National Titles as Kansas..None....How many with his own team? None..As some would like to say Tubby won with Pitinos team, Williams won with Dauhertys team...I didn't realize UNC was on top this year anyways...If Kentucky lands Tyler Smith, they are a top 10 team pre-season next year, and the guys coming in can't wait to get a taste of UK Basketball....

You might want to sign that petition a few hudred more times, it might make a difference Smile...Or then again you might just waste a whole lot of time like everybody else that signed it did...
Amazing...... Reading about UK traditon and living it is as different as day and night. You adolescents haven't got a clue about UK basketball. Hope you guys enjoy your Tubby ball. The other top program's fans are going to enjoy watching their teams in the final four. You'll never see that again with Tubby.....especially with his own recruits.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Amazing...... Reading about UK traditon and living it is as different as day and night. You adolescents haven't got a clue about UK basketball. Hope you guys enjoy your Tubby ball. The other top program's fans are going to enjoy watching their teams in the final four. You'll never see that again with Tubby.....especially with his own recruits.

How dare you tell the younger generation they "dont have a clue". What is your problem with us? Your a senile old man who for some reason thinks Tubby Smith is the worst coach in America! If you dont think he can get back to a final four then you "dont have a clue" about the game of basketball.
Yellow snow who would be a better choice for the UK position??
i though kentucky had a new coach......they are winning again
thats a joke
"TennisCAT23" Wrote:Yellow snow who would be a better choice for the UK position??

Billy Donovan...better recruiter than Tubby and would interject more energy into a stagnant UK program. Would also be able to string together a complete sentence in a pre and post game interview and call-in show.

John Calipari...great recruiter and good game coach. Energetic also and team loves playing for him....unlike Tubby's frowners.

Bruce Pearl....just look what he's done for a UT squad that was projected to finish at the bottom of the SEC this season. That bunch runs, shoots the 3, presses and plays great D. Call in shows would be a riot with this guy.

Tom Izzo...Probably my first choice if Tub stepped down. Great motivator and game coach. Great person also.

Mark Few......record speaks for itslef, but not sure he could handle the pressures of a UK.

Thad Matta.....Can outrecruit anyone in America, except maybe K or Roy.

That's just a few on my short list......have more
how many national titles have these guys won combined??
How many has Tubby won with his OWN PLAYERS he recruited??
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Billy Donovan...better recruiter than Tubby and would interject more energy into a stagnant UK program. Would also be able to string together a complete sentence in a pre and post game interview and call-in show.

John Calipari...great recruiter and good game coach. Energetic also and team loves playing for him....unlike Tubby's frowners.

Bruce Pearl....just look what he's done for a UT squad that was projected to finish at the bottom of the SEC this season. That bunch runs, shoots the 3, presses and plays great D. Call in shows would be a riot with this guy.

Tom Izzo...Probably my first choice if Tub stepped down. Great motivator and game coach. Great person also.

Mark Few......record speaks for itslef, but not sure he could handle the pressures of a UK.

Thad Matta.....Can outrecruit anyone in America, except maybe K or Roy.

That's just a few on my short list......have more

Billy d is one of the biggest underachievers in the history of the game....terrible tournament coach, can you hear the UK fans if we were out in the first and second round every year?

John Calapari is too shady for me. He would take us back to the eddie sutton era.

Bruce Pearl is a good coach, but he has expressed his disdain for UK....screw him.

Do you Really think Tom Izzo is leaving Mich St?? didnt think so.

Mark Few i can see.....but only if Coach Smith leaves. I dont want him fired for mark few.

Thad Matta.....maybe....but i dont think so.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:How many has Tubby won with his OWN PLAYERS he recruited??

How Many have the others won with THERE OWN PLAYERS RECRUITED!!!
Some of you young Tubby lovers need to visit the FireTubbySmith.com site. Since it obvious most of your limited UK basketball knowledge comes from reading and not actually 'living' UK basketball, you should be well educated about Tubbys inability to keep UK at college basketball's "elite" level after reading the thousands of posts.
Thats is so funny
How about Roy Williams at UNC...i don't hear that coming from Chapel Hill...So I guess you think anyone could have one with that team?? Not True...He handled that team like an expert...I don't understand why people don't think this guy is legit
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Some of you young Tubby lovers need to visit the FireTubbySmith.com site. Since it obvious most of your limited UK basketball knowledge comes from reading and not actually 'living' UK basketball, you should be well educated about Tubbys inability to keep UK at college basketball's "elite" level after reading the thousands of posts.

is it my fault i wasnt born until 1987?? Ive been to that stupid website and all it is a bunch of people like you who think they know more about basketball then Adolph Rupp himself.