Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
51.11%
Lexington Catholic
48.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co @ Lexington Catholic 11/18
FBfan4life Wrote:It would not be fall play-off football without these two great programs battling each other for the regional championship. By far the BEST rivaly in Central KY. Whoever wins I just hope they lay the wood on Highlands.

:Sad04: ^ That's not very nice!
Blau Vogel Wrote::Sad04: ^ That's not very nice!

I know...I'm sorry
knighted Wrote:18 yds rushing in the first game could be the result of LC 2nd running back having to leave the game after 2 touches with an ankle sprain and most definitely from the fact that Amoh (LC's starting running back) did not play a down in the first game. Both teams dropped their share of interceptions so stating that Boyle Co. would of won if they had not dropped a couple of Bolin's passes goes for both teams if LC hadn't dropped 2 INTs in the first quarter inside Boyle Co.'s 30 yd line. Lexington Catholic 24 Boyle Co. 14

Over the last 4 games Lex cath has avereged 38 yds per game rushing against Boyle's defense.I don't care if your leading rusher is healthy or not Lex cath is still not gonna have success runing the ball friday night.IMO
know1 Wrote:I'll have to go with Lexington Catholic in this one. Boyle's defense isn't quite up to par this year and their passing game is not good at all. The Boyle fans are saying the passing game is better, but I think that's just wishful thinking. If they could pass any better, then they would have against Rockcastle.

I have to disagree with you. I think the defense is playing at their best right now. Last week they held a good Rockastle team to only 163 total yards of offense. As for the passing game, it is better, and I expect it to be clicking next week. However, I don't expect them to use it until they have to. Boyle had a lot of success running out of the wishbone last meeting, and I expect French to try the same approach, to keep the ball out of Bolin's hands.
MSU Eagle Wrote:I have to disagree with you. I think the defense is playing at their best right now. Last week they held a good Rockastle team to only 163 total yards of offense. As for the passing game, it is better, and I expect it to be clicking next week. However, I don't expect them to use it until they have to. Boyle had a lot of success running out of the wishbone last meeting, and I expect French to try the same approach, to keep the ball out of Bolin's hands.

They may be playing their best, but their best isn't nearly as good as the D of some recent Boyle teams.

I've watched most of Boyle's games this year and the passing has not gotten any better. QB is just too inaccurate.

I've heard the - "we can pass but we just haven't had to yet" from some of Boyle's overmatched opponents in the past. Typically, Boyle has steamrolled them. It's a bit disheartening to hear Boyle supporters saying the same thing this year.

It's very disappointing to me, but it's just not going to be Boyle's year this year.
know1 Wrote:They may be playing their best, but their best isn't nearly as good as the D of some recent Boyle teams.

I've watched most of Boyle's games this year and the passing has not gotten any better. QB is just too inaccurate.

I've heard the - "we can pass but we just haven't had to yet" from some of Boyle's overmatched opponents in the past. Typically, Boyle has steamrolled them. It's a bit disheartening to hear Boyle supporters saying the same thing this year.

It's very disappointing to me, but it's just not going to be Boyle's year this year.

You have no ideal what you're talking about.In the last 6 games Casey has completed 61 out of 102 passes for 891 yds 8 Tds and 1 Int.so if you have watched most of Boyles games this year you need glasses.the numbers speak for themselves.
What people outside of Boyle don't understand is that Boyle repaced 8 offensive starters: 5 linemen, 1 tight end, QB, and a running back. So of course their offense is going to struggle in the first half of the season, especially against teams like Highlands and John Hardin. But let's look at the second half of the season (the last 6 games):

850 pass yards, 1,618 rush yards, 2,468 total offense. For an average of 411 yards per game (142 passing, 269 rushing). That's averaging 23 more passing yards per game than Boyle's offense last year, and only 27 total yards per game less than last year. These 6 games include 3 teams that made it to the second round of playoffs, plus a good Knox Central team who Boyle beat in the first round. While there is a lot of room for improvement, I feel confident in this offense right now.They have improved greatly and will keep improving as long as they're in the playoffs this year.
Let it be, Just let it be. Throw away the numbers, records, who beat who and where and why. Like I metioned before. 2 great programs, with great players and coaching meeting for the 8X in 4yrs. It would not be playoff football without these 2 powerhouse going at it. THE BEST RIVALY by far in Central Kentucky. The only advantage that Catholic has is probably being home, but other than that playoffs are even.
I don't think home field advantage is that important in football. Boyle went to a very hostile environment last year at Bell County and ended their season. Just my opinion but I definitely expect Boyle County to advance in the playoffs past Lexington Catholic and I wouldn't bet any money against them beating Highlands. Boyle is playing so much better than they were the earlier game against Catholic. Casey Whittle missed a wide open receiver early in the first game that would have been a sure touchdown. He won't miss that pass again this time.
This game is going to be live on Ihigh. I will be sure to watch this one.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I don't care how good or how bad we play. Survive & advance...just give me a win by 1pt or more. Just win!
I like Lexington Catholic is this barn burner!!
Lex Cath
I saw Boyle play Rock and they will have a hard time winning at Lex Cath. Boyle did not play very well, they were just faster and actually more talented than Rock. I think this is the end of the road for Boyle this year. Boyle has not played well the last two games, and their passing game is not that impressive. If they couldn't pass on Rock they surely won't be able to pass on LC. I would almost say Boyle has to play an almost flawless, turnover free game to win on the road at LC. I hope Boyle pulls it out, as I love to root for the local area teams, but it doesn't really matter as Highlands awaits all 4A winners. They might as well hand Highlands and Trinity the trophies now and save time because barring a miracle they will both be left at the end.
HonestJohn Wrote:I saw Boyle play Rock and they will have a hard time winning at Lex Cath. Boyle did not play very well, they were just faster and actually more talented than Rock. I think this is the end of the road for Boyle this year. Boyle has not played well the last two games, and their passing game is not that impressive. If they couldn't pass on Rock they surely won't be able to pass on LC. I would almost say Boyle has to play an almost flawless, turnover free game to win on the road at LC. I hope Boyle pulls it out, as I love to root for the local area teams, but it doesn't really matter as Highlands awaits all 4A winners. They might as well hand Highlands and Trinity the trophies now and save time because barring a miracle they will both be left at the end.

First of all Boyle had 599 yds against Knox granted they fumbled the ball 5 times IMO they played better than well,and if you watched the Rock game then you know that Boyle's recievers dropped at least 6 or 7 passes that should have been caught one for a TD.that's the first time they have had that many drops in the last 7 games.one other thing did it ever occur to you that maybe Rock has a better defense than Lex cath.IMO they probably do.
I got boyle
Since when has Boyle passed the ball well to begin with? Boyle wins games by putting the ball on the ground and racking up Rushing yards. Saying that to say this; This game will be low scoring, and a defensive struggle. Boyle's defense is weaker against the pass (Obviously, 200+ yards of LexCath's offense was Big Play Deep Passes last game, including the one to put them ahead in the final minutes). If Boyle can take away the Big Play and keep the ball and clock on their side, I don't see LexCath winning. Where is this game, I assume Cath?
What's it gonna cost to get in the game Friday? It's been $5 for the first two rounds, but I could have swore it was like $8 last year for playoff games. Just curious
toolaidback Wrote:what's it gonna cost to get in the game friday? It's been $5 for the first two rounds, but i could have swore it was like $8 last year for playoff games. Just curious

$ 6.00
FBfan4life Wrote:$ 6.00

know1 Wrote:They may be playing their best, but their best isn't nearly as good as the D of some recent Boyle teams.

This Boyle team doesn't have to be better than any of the Boyle teams from the past. They have to be better than LexCath this Friday and that is all that matters. It ain't 2009 or 2010 no more. Quit worrying about what Boyle did in the past and focus on what they can do right now. This Boyle team is certainly capable of winning the game.
RebelPride12 Wrote:This Boyle team doesn't have to be better than any of the Boyle teams from the past. They have to be better than LexCath this Friday and that is all that matters. It ain't 2009 or 2010 no more. Quit worrying about what Boyle did in the past and focus on what they can do right now. This Boyle team is certainly capable of winning the game.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
RebelPride12 Wrote:This Boyle team doesn't have to be better than any of the Boyle teams from the past. They have to be better than LexCath this Friday and that is all that matters. It ain't 2009 or 2010 no more. Quit worrying about what Boyle did in the past and focus on what they can do right now. This Boyle team is certainly capable of winning the game.

Very well said
This game will be video broadcast and can be found at the following link on Friday night:
http://www.ihigh.com/ckysports/broadcast...verlight=1

I flipped a coin to help me predict a winner in this game and it landed on it's edge. That is one smart coin.
I hope French doesn't wait til the second half to run the wishbone like last time. Boyle dominated the second half with that offense in the first game, LC couldn't stop it.

The only reason I referenced previous years was to agree the the D might be playing it's best of the year, but that it wasn't up to its usual level.

Boyle has a chance to pull out a win this week - and I hope they do - but I think Highlands will slaughter them if that's the case.
this is going to be a good one but i'm going with Lexington Cath. at home.
know1 Wrote:The only reason I referenced previous years was to agree the the D might be playing it's best of the year, but that it wasn't up to its usual level.

Boyle has a chance to pull out a win this week - and I hope they do - but I think Highlands will slaughter them if that's the case.

We've heard.

Confusederiously:
Boyle County at Lexington Catholic
Radio: WMJR-AM 1380, WMJR-FM 94.9, WVLK-FM 101.5
Records: Boyle County 9-3 (beat Rockcastle County 23-0); Lexington Catholic 10-2 (beat Mercer County 44-7)
First time around: In LexCath's 20-13 win over the Rebels on Sept. 30, Kyle Bolin threw for 369 yards, including a game-winning 77-yard TD to Casey Nash with five minutes left. Just before that, Boyle County had missed a field-goal attempt after a 10-minute, 22-play drive. Coach Larry French said his players "realize they had a chance to win the game, but we just didn't finish plays. That's kind of what's been haunting us all year long. We get a good drive going, but then it stalls."
Run vs. pass: Boyle County's bread and butter is its running game. In the last three games against LexCath, the Rebels have totaled 1,066 yards on the ground, led by Devon Cox with 442 yards. The Knights, on the other hand, have strafed Boyle County with their passing attack. In the last three games against Boyle County, Bolin has thrown for 850 yards and four TDs.
Next up: The winner plays host to the Highlands-Covington Catholic winner next week.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/17/19636...z1e1rXqzIb