Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle Co @ Lexington Catholic 11/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok who ya got?

Add poll please...
Boyle lost with one long pass late in fourth qtr last game and had about 3 dropped int's. I think they take care of business this time.

BC 24 LexCath 14
I'm going with Boyle by 3.
Lex Cath by 10.
I'll take Boyle 28 to 17.Boyle's on a totally diffrent level than they were the first time they played Lex cath.
Boyle 28 lexcath 24.
Boyle has improved, Lex Cath has improved. If history tells us anything Lex Cath should win. I'll take Lex Cath by 7.
I'm hoping for a great game next friday. I picked the Rebels to win by 3 factoring in improvements in Boyles game and because i'm not picking against them.lol

I think this is the best rivalry in 4a! Looking forward to visiting LC in 6 days!
I'm picking Boyle County, go figure. :biggrin:

Honestly, not just because I'm a huge supporter, but because I'm being real. I think Boyle County is the tougher team. They will come out aggressive early. If Boyle County doesn't give up the "big play" then they will be ok. Look forward to seeing this big CKY rivalry, once again. Good luck to both teams. :Thumbs:
I also think Boyle wins this game,agree with BC that this team is tougher then nails and will give LC all they want and then some.GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!
LC by 10. People seem to forget that Catholic dropped two interceptions that would have set them up deep in Boyle's territory and that Bush lost a fumble for the first time in his career. Boyle's two touchdowns came off after big pass plays where there were blown coverages. Add to the fact that the Knigths had to settle for field goals twice after getting inside the 30. Just saying that Boyle wasn't the only team that made mistakes that night.
If Boyle's Oline can come out and dominate then Boyle will have a very good chance to win. But I don't think that LC's D gets enough credit and will stop them more this game.
Two pretty evenly matched teams. Lex Cath's passing game agianst a average Boyle pass defense will be the difference, along with home field advantage for LC. Do not expect either team to pull away in this game.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:LC by 10. People seem to forget that Catholic dropped two interceptions that would have set them up deep in Boyle's territory and that Bush lost a fumble for the first time in his career. Boyle's two touchdowns came off after big pass plays where there were blown coverages. Add to the fact that the Knigths had to settle for field goals twice after getting inside the 30. Just saying that Boyle wasn't the only team that made mistakes that night.
If Boyle's Oline can come out and dominate then Boyle will have a very good chance to win. But I don't think that LC's D gets enough credit and will stop them more this game.

You seem to forget that Lex cath had 3 plays in that game that accounted for around 200 yds of thier offense that night.did you also forget that Boyle held catholic to 18 yds rushing that game.you take those 3 long pass plays out of the game,and you lose.
Did you forget the 3 interceptions Boyle dropped that night.Boyles got a passing game that they didn't have at mid season either.they'll be much harder to defend.
I'm going with the Rebels. The will bounce back from that first loss to LexCath.
The key for Boyle is going to be their offense. The defense i believe will continue to do their job and give Boyle a chance to win. If Boyle is running the ball effectively and getting 1st downs, they'll win.

Boyle 24
LC 20
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'll take Boyle 28 to 17.Boyle's on a totally diffrent level than they were the first time they played Lex cath.

Just wondering...Don't you think both teams have been playing in a different level than the first meeting? I think so.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You seem to forget that Lex cath had 3 plays in that game that accounted for around 200 yds of thier offense that night.did you also forget that Boyle held catholic to 18 yds rushing that game.you take those 3 long pass plays out of the game,and you lose.

Both of you can't use that game as a reference to this coming Friday's game. Two both tough team that pounded their way into this coming TITANIC clash. Throw away the records, stats, etc and let's glove up..
Should be a good game. I'll root for Lexcath, strictly because it's a shorter ride from Ft. Thomas. Although it would be nice to go to Boyle again and put the exclamation point on a win this time.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Should be a good game. I'll root for Lexcath, strictly because it's a shorter ride from Ft. Thomas. Although it would be nice to go to Boyle again and put the exclamation point on a win this time.

If you need a few bucks for gas to get you a little further down the road, i'm sure we could pass the hat:biggrin:
Both teams have had excellent seasons. Catholic will have their starting running back in this game which missed the last game against Boyle, even with him I still have to go with the Rebels, their defense will pull them through and hopefully their receivers will use stick'em on their hands this week.
Boyle Co.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You seem to forget that Lex cath had 3 plays in that game that accounted for around 200 yds of thier offense that night.did you also forget that Boyle held catholic to 18 yds rushing that game.you take those 3 long pass plays out of the game,and you lose.

18 yds rushing in the first game could be the result of LC 2nd running back having to leave the game after 2 touches with an ankle sprain and most definitely from the fact that Amoh (LC's starting running back) did not play a down in the first game. Both teams dropped their share of interceptions so stating that Boyle Co. would of won if they had not dropped a couple of Bolin's passes goes for both teams if LC hadn't dropped 2 INTs in the first quarter inside Boyle Co.'s 30 yd line. Lexington Catholic 24 Boyle Co. 14
Catholic by 14
I'll take Boyle Co by 12.
toolaidback Wrote:If you need a few bucks for gas to get you a little further down the road, i'm sure we could pass the hat:biggrin:

If Boyle County wins this week, I'd glady throw in 10 for Wideleft. Confusednicker:
It would not be fall play-off football without these two great programs battling each other for the regional championship. By far the BEST rivaly in Central KY. Whoever wins I just hope they lay the wood on Highlands.
Lex Cath-35
Boyle-21
I'll have to go with Lexington Catholic in this one. Boyle's defense isn't quite up to par this year and their passing game is not good at all. The Boyle fans are saying the passing game is better, but I think that's just wishful thinking. If they could pass any better, then they would have against Rockcastle.
FBfan4life Wrote:It would not be fall play-off football without these two great programs battling each other for the regional championship. By far the BEST rivaly in Central KY. Whoever wins I just hope they lay the wood on Highlands.

Hoping won’t get it done my friend. By the way look where hope has gotten this country the last three years. You don’t hope something happens you make it happen.
Pages: 1 2 3