Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
51.11%
Lexington Catholic
48.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co @ Lexington Catholic 11/18
This is a high school game matchup that will be staged just as high school gamed are supposed to be staged. Both teams are excellent, top-notch, and high-quality teams. Anybody who says that they know who will win is just plain wrong. We all have an opinion and my opinion is that this game is an absolute toss-up. For the fans of both teams, it should be a very exciting game to watch. It's just a shame that it will be the final game for one of the teams. Neither of these teams deserve to lose. I just hope that the winner goes on to win the 4A state championship.
know1 Wrote:It's very disappointing to me, but it's just not going to be Boyle's year this year.

Didn't everyone say that last year? :eyeroll:

RebelPride12 said it best, though. No matter what, this group of Seniors and this football team that will take the field tonight are totally different than any team in the past. They aren't playing the 09 or 10 Rebels, here. They're playing a Lexington Catholic team on the road. That being said, Boyle will have to win the Battle up front and be able to run the ball at will. As I said earlier in the week, Boyle's ability to take away the big play ball will also be key. Other than that, I expect an absolute dogfight. Dissapointing I can't be there, but I'll be making the road trip next week to wherever we go, if we get the W tonight.

Boyle 14
Catholic 7
RebelRowdie Wrote:Didn't everyone say that last year? :eyeroll:

I don't remember that being said last year. I know I didn't say it.

I was pretty sure we had a fighting chance at Bell Co. (went to that game) and that we were stronger than the West team. That all turned out to be true.

This year, we may or may not win at LC, but Highlands is clearly better than we are.
For those coming to the game.

Boyle is at LexCath, Boone Co. is at Lafayette. LexCath and Lafayette are both off of Clays Mill about a mile from each other so traffice maybe congested before game time. Leave some time for stop-and-go on Clays Mills and parking and walking.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:For those coming to the game.

Boyle is at LexCath, Boone Co. is at Lafayette. LexCath and Lafayette are both off of Clays Mill about a mile from each other so traffice maybe congested before game time. Leave some time for stop-and-go on Clays Mills and parking and walking.

Lafayette and LexCath are about 1 mile apart. I'm fortunate enough that I reside in between the schools. Go out on Clays Mill, go left. I'll be headed to Lafayette. Go right, I'll headed to LexCath. Going to be great night and atmoshere here for local HS football. Good luck to all 4 teams.
FBfan4life Wrote:Lafayette and LexCath are about 1 mile apart. I'm fortunate enough that I reside in between the schools. Go out on Clays Mill, go left. I'll be headed to Lafayette. Go right, I'll headed to LexCath. Going to be great night and atmoshere here for local HS football. Good luck to all 4 teams.

Parking at FB's houseConfusedinglepar
toolaidback Wrote:Parking at FB's houseConfusedinglepar

Hey come on down. Plenty of spot on the Mitchell Dr.
:welcome:
RebelRowdie Wrote:Didn't everyone say that last year? :eyeroll:

RebelPride12 said it best, though. No matter what, this group of Seniors and this football team that will take the field tonight are totally different than any team in the past. They aren't playing the 09 or 10 Rebels, here. They're playing a Lexington Catholic team on the road. That being said, Boyle will have to win the Battle up front and be able to run the ball at will. As I said earlier in the week, Boyle's ability to take away the big play ball will also be key. Other than that, I expect an absolute dogfight. Dissapointing I can't be there, but I'll be making the road trip next week to wherever we go, if we get the W tonight.

Boyle 14
Catholic 7

If Boyle wins tonight they will be at home next week.
know1 Wrote:I don't remember that being said last year. I know I didn't say it.

I was pretty sure we had a fighting chance at Bell Co. (went to that game) and that we were stronger than the West team. That all turned out to be true.

This year, we may or may not win at LC, but Highlands is clearly better than we are.

I remember it. I remember people saying that our defense wasn't as good as the previous year. The Johnson Central game was thrown up a lot. People also said we wouldn't win it all without Rees. People also had a vendetta against our quarterback as well. Oh yeah, I remember all the chatter from last year.

And Highlands is beatable. They may lose tonight.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I remember it. I remember people saying that our defense wasn't as good as the previous year. The Johnson Central game was thrown up a lot. People also said we wouldn't win it all without Rees. People also had a vendetta against our quarterback as well. Oh yeah, I remember all the chatter from last year.

And maybe an entire offense barring 3 or 4 guys being inexperienced, too. I don't know if I remember well... :eyeroll:
RebelPride12 Wrote:I remember it. I remember people saying that our defense wasn't as good as the previous year. The Johnson Central game was thrown up a lot. People also said we wouldn't win it all without Rees. People also had a vendetta against our quarterback as well. Oh yeah, I remember all the chatter from last year.

The graduation of Rees Macshara was definitely brought up alot. Alot of people said that, "without Rees, Boyle won't win it this year". Just go to show you that you better not count the chickens before they hatch.

Everyone have a safe trip tonight. :Thumbs:
and good luck to everyone tonight, and let it be a great game. Wish I could make it, but I'll be there next week, if a win comes this week.
RebelRowdie Wrote:and good luck to everyone tonight, and let it be a great game. Wish I could make it, but I'll be there next week, if a win comes this week.

Game will be on Ihigh tonight live.
http://www.ihigh.com/ckysports/broadcast...verlight=1
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Lex Cath the clock is ticking. Boyle with the fourth straight regional championship. Hoping that neither team has any injuries. Boyle 23 Lex Cath 21.
Lexington Catholic by a touchdown
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Game will be on Ihigh tonight live.
http://www.ihigh.com/ckysports/broadcast...verlight=1

I have prior commitments, unfortunately. I may try to slip off to Central and Bell after they are over, though.