Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Paterno Fired as Penn St. Head Coach
Stardust Wrote:Wait a second, Paterno did not overhear something at the watercooler, he had an EYEWITNSESS come and tell him about it! WOW, several more little boys are molested because HE DIDN'T do enough, and that's OK with you!!! WOW!

Then why the hell didn't that Eyewitness go to the police. That is what none of you can answer. Paterno is not a police officer he could of told the police and they would of questioned sandusky about it. Either way eyewitness or not it is second hand info. Paterno did not see anything happen. Nothing would have been done if paterno had went to the police. If that eyewitness was not willing to tell the police exactly what happened and willing to testify in open court about it, paterno telling the police would not have done anything. Absolutely nothing in any way shape or form would anything different have happened if the eyewitness was not the one to tell the police. That is how our system works, I don't think it is fair but it is the truth. Hell if paterno went to the police with second hand info like that then sandusky actually could of claimed paterno had it out for him and sued him for everything he had. Once more not my opinion, not what I think is right, but it is how our system of justice works.

And the bolded part is flat out uncalled for. I never said I was ok with it all I am saying is there is nothing paterno could have done.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Then why the hell didn't that Eyewitness go to the police. That is what none of you can answer. Paterno is not a police officer he could of told the police and they would of questioned sandusky about it. Either way eyewitness or not it is second hand info. Paterno did not see anything happen. Nothing would have been done if paterno had went to the police. If that eyewitness was not willing to tell the police exactly what happened and willing to testify in open court about it, paterno telling the police would not have done anything. Absolutely nothing in any way shape or form would anything different have happened if the eyewitness was not the one to tell the police. That is how our system works, I don't think it is fair but it is the truth. Hell if paterno went to the police with second hand info like that then sandusky actually could of claimed paterno had it out for him and sued him for everything he had. Once more not my opinion, not what I think is right, but it is how our system of justice works.

And the bolded part is flat out uncalled for. I never said I was ok with it all I am saying is there is nothing paterno could have done.

Except call the police to have them investigate one of his employees possibly raping a little boy.
Especially seeing that Sandusky was "forced" to retire amist allegations back in 1998 so they ALL knew about his past...No exscuses as to why he was allowed to continue doing what he did...

^This isn't just directed at Paterno but EVERYONE involved...
Westside Wrote:Except call the police to have them investigate one of his employees possibly raping a little boy.
:Thumbs:
Not if your intent is to cover it up so it does not destroy your program.
judgementday Wrote:So Ohio State was hit with a "failure to monitor" charge........does anyone think that Penn State may get hit with something similar?

I don't think the NCAA will do anything to Penn State's program UNLESS the A.D. keeps his job. If Paterno and the president were still at Penn State and the school had no intentions of firing or disciplining them, then the NCAA could step in and hit them with a Lack of Institutional Control charge. If the NCAA were to do something, it would be after the police investigation.
Westside Wrote:Except call the police to have them investigate one of his employees possibly raping a little boy.

Did you read any of what I posted. The police don't deal in second hand info. I suspect there is alot more at work here than what we realise. IF it was black, and white, Cut, and dry. The assistant would have went to the police but clearly he did not. The big question here is why did the athletic department keep it all quiet, and why didn't the assistant go to the police, or the better question would not be why, but what stopped him. Because without the assistant who actually saw what happened Joe Pa telling the police would have accomplished nothing. I do believe someone threatened the guy who saw this when he saw it, and threatened joe pa when he went to the AD. Alot more info is going to eventually come out about this, and my thought is that the school threatened Both Joe Pa, and the assistant. I do think more should have been done guys, I am not condoning a child molester. However I am not gonna jump on the bandwagon and believe everything the media says about this. The news media is not above destroying someones career, and covering up the truth for ratings. Without Joe Pa this wouldn't really be big news. I am just trying to look a little bit deeper into things.
judgementday Wrote:Especially seeing that Sandusky was "forced" to retire amist allegations back in 1998 so they ALL knew about his past...No exscuses as to why he was allowed to continue doing what he did...

^This isn't just directed at Paterno but EVERYONE involved...
The longer that I see that they aren't firing that red headed punk, the madder I get about this whole mess. He watched a boy get raped and did nothing.
It's obvious they all knew. I really don't see anyone picking on JoePa alone..he's the biggest name, and ran his ENTIRE program based on honor and doing the right thing...two things he failed to live up to when it comes to this incident. He was the leader..people, normal people, just expect adults to not let that continue, and lie (not Paterno) about it.

Everyone should take responsibility for their actions, or inaction in this case...that's what a real man does, and JoePa did that. They should all be grilled, and in my opinion, they all should go.

Imagine maybe Urban Meyer at Penn State...
I can see Penn State killing the program for a couple of years voluntarily.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Then why the hell didn't that Eyewitness go to the police. That is what none of you can answer. Paterno is not a police officer he could of told the police and they would of questioned sandusky about it. Either way eyewitness or not it is second hand info. Paterno did not see anything happen. Nothing would have been done if paterno had went to the police. If that eyewitness was not willing to tell the police exactly what happened and willing to testify in open court about it, paterno telling the police would not have done anything. Absolutely nothing in any way shape or form would anything different have happened if the eyewitness was not the one to tell the police. That is how our system works, I don't think it is fair but it is the truth. Hell if paterno went to the police with second hand info like that then sandusky actually could of claimed paterno had it out for him and sued him for everything he had. Once more not my opinion, not what I think is right, but it is how our system of justice works.

That's just crazy man. Even if nothing would've been done and the kids weren't believed (which they weren't), none of them even made the effort to square that bullshit away. My problem, and most of the people's on here, is not with JoePa going up the chain of command...it's still letting the guy come around. The guy was raping a 10 year old in a shower. He should've been banned from the campus for showering with kids he's supposed to be mentoring, but he was bringing kids on campus this year!

Just a jacked up situation. We all know enough to make the above conclusions. Nearly all of that has been confirmed. JoePa had the power to do what he wanted. Just a mistake on his part and everyone else that heard about it, which was quite a few, just trying to forget it ever happened in screwed up hopes it would just go away. That's not just a normal rumor of a recruiting violation or DUI...it involved the possibility of sexual abuse.

It's every normal person with any sort of conscious to get to the bottom of something like that. I think we all can agree on that.
TheRealVille Wrote:The longer that I see that they aren't firing that red headed punk, the madder I get about this whole mess. He watched a boy get raped and did nothing.

It is sickening. The only reason that PSU gave that he was not coaching Saturday is that he had death threats! Hell yeah he had death threats!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I can see Penn State killing the program for a couple of years voluntarily.

That might be the smartest thing Penn State does. Allow remaining players to transfer out, shut down the program for a year or 2, then start rebuilding with a brand new coaching staff.
toussaints Wrote:That might be the smartest thing Penn State does. Allow remaining players to transfer out, shut down the program for a year or 2, then start rebuilding with a brand new coaching staff.

If I was in charge this is what I would do. Let them transfer or let them keep their scholarships. But tpo me it seems like a bad idea to have a football game while this is goin on.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If I was in charge this is what I would do. Let them transfer or let them keep their scholarships. But tpo me it seems like a bad idea to have a football game while this is goin on.

they need to clean house and they have to do it fast, but the players need to finish this season. Cancelling the rest of this season will result in lawsuits from the Big 10, Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, ABC/ Espn, and football seniors for hurting their pro draft status. So finish this season, then immediately shut down the football program. They need to focus completely on the real mess at hand.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Did you read any of what I posted. The police don't deal in second hand info. I suspect there is alot more at work here than what we realise. IF it was black, and white, Cut, and dry. The assistant would have went to the police but clearly he did not. The big question here is why did the athletic department keep it all quiet, and why didn't the assistant go to the police, or the better question would not be why, but what stopped him. Because without the assistant who actually saw what happened Joe Pa telling the police would have accomplished nothing. I do believe someone threatened the guy who saw this when he saw it, and threatened joe pa when he went to the AD. Alot more info is going to eventually come out about this, and my thought is that the school threatened Both Joe Pa, and the assistant. I do think more should have been done guys, I am not condoning a child molester. However I am not gonna jump on the bandwagon and believe everything the media says about this. The news media is not above destroying someones career, and covering up the truth for ratings. Without Joe Pa this wouldn't really be big news. I am just trying to look a little bit deeper into things.

The only thing that "second hand information" or "hearsay" cannot be used is for the trial. In most normal situations and in most normal places(probably not in Slaphappy Valley) is that the first thing that the graduate assistant should have done was call the police. He failed the children at that point. When he went to JoePa and told him, Coach Paterno should have contacted police immediately the very moment the assistant told him. He failed the children at that point because he already knew that this has been an issue in Sanbuttsky's past. I do not think the school threatened Joe Pa as he was the warden at State Penn. To me it is common sense, if I have an assistant who tells me that another assistant is doing some despicable things to a child in a shower, the first thing I do is call the police and or social services. I inform them that my assistant that was told to me this and they need to talk to him. He describes the incident and the child involved. Then the police and social services locate Sandusky, find out who the child is, interview the child away from him, either at his own home, at the police station or social services, or a child advocacy center if they have one in Pennsylvania which specializes in interviewing sexual abuse victims. The investigation usually manifests on its own but you listen to and use hearsay because often it will lead to witnesses and evidence.
Coach P should have said something but I am watching the Penn State game and it really makes me sad to not see him coaching.
I would agree. I also cannot help but feel sorry for the players and fans.