Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Jason Kinner out as Paintsville's head coach.
Noone knows what the future holds for the folks in Tigerland, A few things are fairly clear. Coach Kinner is a nice young man who quite simply was not prepared to get this job done. All of the stats. reflect this quite clearly. To discuss these at this juncture would be absurd. I do have a deep concern which is attempting to blame the kids for the shortcomings of others (Plural).As I have said on here many times before, 4 years ago a pretty good bunch of Tiger middle school players (18) defeated schools that have embarrased the the school ever since. That bunch, in #'s went from 18-2 in 4 years.Four years later the Paintsville Middle School stand as runners up in their class in the state (14 I believe). When you are as small as P-ville that ain't bad. Please don't blame the players they are not at fault. They are simply the bodies that report to the field in August. They are "The Boys OF Fall".
I would love to see Coach LeMaster take the job, but I doubt that he will. He's a very good coach and an even better person.
Unless something is done quickly we will become like jenkins.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Unless something is done quickly we will become like jenkins.
PTF, we are already there. We were the worst team in Class A this past year. Unless our administration decides to clean house Paintsville will always be a "Jenkins" and will be the laughing stock of Class A football. Has anyone heard any rumors about the direction Paintsville might go in?
dirtybird Wrote:Has anyone heard any rumors about the direction Paintsville might go in?

Speaking with some individuals over the past few days that feel they have insider info two names have emerged as early leaders, Ron Wells and Jimmy Daniels. People are pushing for Daniels to get the job inside some "key" circles.
Frank Dux Wrote:People are pushing for Daniels to get the job inside some "key" circles.
I don't have a problem with the man, and from all I have seen, he seems like a good guy. But was he not the one in charge of the most inept offense in Paintsville history?
Tiger Football will rise from the ashes! :flame:
Big Don Wrote:Tiger Football will rise from the ashes! :flame:
Ya know BD I will keep my fingers tightly crossed on that one. With decisions that are made around the land these days, one is prompted to ask : What Century?
I'm hoping that they go after Chester McCoy... I think that he would be a great get for them. Magoffin isn't exactly doing the things from the higher ups that they need to be doing for him to be as sucessful as he wants to be, Paintsville with its tradition could be a perfect fit for him. No coach works harder then he does. Heck he done all off season last year and coached all season this year by himself.
A poor decision at this point in time could mean the key in the lock being turned for Tiger Football.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:A poor decision at this point in time could mean the key in the lock being turned for Tiger Football.
I agree but it may be time to roll the dice a bit and go after an outstanding, young assistant coach who knows how good programs are run and is willing to work hard to put Paintsville's program back on track. I would look closely at the staffs of teams like Johnson Central, Belfry, Prestonsburg, and Breathitt County. I would bet that the head coaches of those programs would love to see one of their own get a shot at rebuilding the Tigers' program.

Whoever they hire at Paintsville, the fans and administration need to have some patience and confidence in the new coach. Paintsville's enrollment is small compared to most Class A schools, which means that it will take a little more time to recover from the damage that has been done to the program than it would at a larger school. Everybody who supports the program needs to encourage Paintsville's best athletes to become football players beginning in elementary school. That, IMO, was Walter Brugh's primary key to success.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I'm hoping that they go after Chester McCoy... I think that he would be a great get for them.

Would he apply? Last I heard he was passed up for the position before Kinner got it. A buddy of mine talks to Scotty from time to time and said they were all moving to Florida in a cpl of years, Chester included. Would Paintsville look for a guy to fill the void for only 2 yrs?
Frank Dux Wrote:Would he apply? Last I heard he was passed up for the position before Kinner got it. A buddy of mine talks to Scotty from time to time and said they were all moving to Florida in a cpl of years, Chester included. Would Paintsville look for a guy to fill the void for only 2 yrs?
They will if they haven't learned anything from past mistakes. Hopefully they will make some better decisions this time around.
Frank Dux Wrote:Would he apply? Last I heard he was passed up for the position before Kinner got it. A buddy of mine talks to Scotty from time to time and said they were all moving to Florida in a cpl of years, Chester included. Would Paintsville look for a guy to fill the void for only 2 yrs?

I was told last night that he already has and has spoke with them also. I don't know that for a fact. Just what I was told.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It's tough to see a respected tradition like the Paintsville program go down. Hope the next hire is the right one for the tigers.
dirtybird Wrote:PTF, we are already there. We were the worst team in Class A this past year. Unless our administration decides to clean house Paintsville will always be a "Jenkins" and will be the laughing stock of Class A football. Has anyone heard any rumors about the direction Paintsville might go in?

We were not the worst in class A we clearly beat two class a teams. The fact of the matter is that this team had talent to compete and never played any good football.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I'm hoping that they go after Chester McCoy... I think that he would be a great get for them. Magoffin isn't exactly doing the things from the higher ups that they need to be doing for him to be as sucessful as he wants to be, Paintsville with its tradition could be a perfect fit for him. No coach works harder then he does. Heck he done all off season last year and coached all season this year by himself.

Did he ever have a winning season at Magoffin?
Has anyone applied?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We were not the worst in class A we clearly beat two class a teams. The fact of the matter is that this team had talent to compete and never played any good football.

I stand corrected PTF, we were the third worst team in Class A since we are getting down to specifics. That is quite irrelevant, I might add. Since we are going to get all specific about everything let's just get down to the nitty gritty. You say this team did have the talent but the correlation with talent and production wasn't there. I would agree with that, but, the question you should be asking is why wasn't the production there? The Paintsville Administration's answer to this question was the coaching staff and therefore made a coaching change. However, if Paintsville is going to bring back any of the current coaching staff or hire anyone who has proven to be a liability in the "past," then they are saying they don't care about the direction of Paintsville Football. Rather, since the talent is somewhat there now, the school simply needs to find a "good" coach and that will fix the majority of the problems. People are failing to understand that the downfall of Paintsville Football didn't happen over night. This has been going on for 6+ years since the program was abandoned and put into this situation. If the right hire were made after "Burr" I think it would be safe to say that Paintsville would be sitting a little different as we speak.
F.N.L. Wrote:Did he ever have a winning season at Magoffin?

No.

2006: 3-7

2007: 5-6 (Playoffs)

2008: 5-6 (Playoffs)

2009: 5-6 (Playoffs)

2010: 5-6 (Playoffs)

2011: 3-8 (Playoffs)

W/L Total: 26-40
I've heard Joe Chirico's name brought up for this job about a month ago by some people from Johnson County.

He would be a excellent hire for the program, because he's young, very likable, intelligent, and he just gets it. At the same time I'd hate to see him leave Prestonsburg.
Is changes on the horizon at Estill?
F.N.L. Wrote:Is changes on the horizon at Estill?

haven't heard anything about any new coaches (I hope not anyways) have heard he's installing a new offense tho
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've heard Joe Chirico's name brought up for this job about a month ago by some people from Johnson County.

He would be a excellent hire for the program, because he's young, very likable, intelligent, and he just gets it. At the same time I'd hate to see him leave Prestonsburg.
Great post :Thumbs:
Joe would be the best choice for the job by far. The people in Paintsville really love him as a coach and even more as a person.
how many years was Kinner there?
Strikeout King Wrote:haven't heard anything about any new coaches (I hope not anyways) have heard he's installing a new offense tho

Yes, that is what I am speaking of. I have heard Estill will be spread.
From what I have heard Chirico has applied. I really hope this is true.
F.N.L. Wrote:Yes, that is what I am speaking of. I have heard Estill will be spread.

That would be stupid.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:From what I have heard Chirico has applied. I really hope this is true.
I hope you are right. This is some good news for Tiger Nation:Clap::Cheerlead:rockon:
It isn't gonna be the same spread they switched too back in 05' it's gonna be a new spread.