Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (Rumor) Jason Kinner out as Paintsville's head coach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
According to some players I talked to today Jason Kinner was asked to resign by the school board. If true where does paintsville go from here?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:According to some players I talked to today Jason Kinner was asked to resign by the school board. If true where does paintsville go from here?

Paintsville has had too many good player's to only have won the handful of games they have won each season. IMO,they could improve with the right coach,but,get the wrong guy in there and it could get worse. The school needs to really get out there get someone who will win. IMO,the school owes it to the players and to the tradition from where they came.
1. Shawn Hager
2. Chester McCoy
3. David Lemaster
theoldballcoach Wrote:1. Shawn Hager
2. Chester McCoy
3. David Lemaster

I doubt Hagar would leave SC. But I could def see the other two.
As labeled and until verified it should remain as such. Should this turn out to be true a more shocking factor in the equation would be the powers in place at PHS spending the money necessary to make a good hire,that would bring the program back from ruin. We shall see if there is care and concern in the ville???????
Chester McCoy or James Derrossit
If true, I hate it for Jason. He's as passionate as anybody out there, he has the will and desire. I hate that it didn't work out. Where ever he ends up, I wish him well and hope that he finds success.
James Matney
I don't know Jason very well but he seems to have a passion for the game and took alot of intrest in the youth program. Nobody wants to take a step back but he may be a perfect choice to head the 3rd thru 8th program, assuming the rumor is true.
If it is true. I wish the young man well. I guess the tiger fans got what they wanted. Now where do you go?
From the test messages I saw yesterday it is true, but the School Board had nothing to do with it. School Boards can't hire or fire, this had to be done by Sammons or McClure. I agree with most of the post above, people available outside of the system that may be influenced to apply but it the BOARD willing to spend the money?
I would like to see Coach LeMaster asked to take the job.........I doubt that he would take it do to the way he was done when he had it last.........but who knows.
This would be my list of possible candidates

1. Chester McCoy-Magoffin Co. (Would be my first choice)
2. James Derossett-Pburg (experienced coach who knows how to coach)
3. Glen Reeves-Johnson Central's Defensive coordinator
4. Spike Burkehimer-Former JC coach/played at WVU
5. Shawn Hager-Sheldon Clark (Coached under Matney)
6. Jessie Peck- Head coach at Phelps (All-American at Pikeville)
7. Joe Chirico- Prestonsburg/Paintsville (Played for Marshall)
8. David "Burr" Lemasters-Former Paintsville Coach
9. Mike Copely-Coached at Greenup Co./Pikeville
10. John Doug Miller-Paintsville Middle School Coach (State Runner-Up)
I forgot about Peck..........Johnson County boy with some head coaching experience. I doubt that anyone coaching at P'burg or JCHS would be interested in coming to Paintsville. Spike.......no way........Copley, I doubt it. Chirico, would he not have to take a little back water after leaving because his buddy was fired?
Looking at this list I like Peck and LeMaster as possible candidates. That doesn't mean that the others are less qualified, it means that the other have a history or past to overcome or my doubt that they would have an interest.
I know a lot of people will say that this is a great job with great history, but it's hard to win games based on things that happened 20 to 30 years ago. PHS is one of the smallest schools in the state playing 11 man football so the numbers will always be low, and the money won't be that great. In their current district you'll always have Raceland and Fairview........change back and it's Pikeville and an upstart Allen Central and Betsy Layne.
I think someone with history at the school like LeMaster or someone like Peck, young, but has Varsity head coaching experience will fit the bill. Again, that doesn't mean others aren't qualified............just making comments from the list above.
TheBigLebowski Wrote:This would be my list of possible candidates

1. Chester McCoy-Magoffin Co. (Would be my first choice)
2. James Derossett-Pburg (experienced coach who knows how to coach)
3. Glen Reeves-Johnson Central's Defensive coordinator
4. Spike Burkehimer-Former JC coach/played at WVU
5. Shawn Hager-Sheldon Clark (Coached under Matney)
6. Jessie Peck- Head coach at Phelps (All-American at Pikeville)
7. Joe Chirico- Prestonsburg/Paintsville (Played for Marshall)
8. David "Burr" Lemasters-Former Paintsville Coach
9. Mike Copely-Coached at Greenup Co./Pikeville
10. John Doug Miller-Paintsville Middle School Coach (State Runner-Up
)

The ones in bold probably wouldn't take the job.
If in fact Coach Kinner is no longer the head of Football at PHS, a new man must be hired forthwith. There cannot be a long delay as in baseball. The team would loose much valuable time,especially in lieu of current circumstances and position of KHSAA with reguard to practices. As much as I would love to see an incarnate of "Woody Hayes" or a young Walter Brugh come to Memorial Field,that simply will not happen. The PPP (Power,Purse and Politics) will not permit such. You see The State of The Union is such that there is no real dedication to the concept of athletics beyond what is viewed. As to the choice that will be made,I suppose we will have to set back and wait. You know a double edged sword cuts on both sides. It's just that one is often sharper.Confusednicker:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The ones in bold probably wouldn't take the job.
I can understand that. I think Paintsville would do themselves a huge favor by going after someone with experience like a McCoy, James Derossett, Reeves, or a Burkehimer. The major question now is, will Paintsville have a coaching search and try to turn this programs around? I sure hope so for the benefit of the kids in the school system.
I truly hate the fact that Jason Kinner was put into this situation. Jason was a good player and knows the game of football but he simply was not ready to take on a head coaching job. Who is the blame for this? I don't blame Kinner because we were all green at one point or another. However, I do blame the Paintsville High School administration that put us into the current situation with a streak of bad decisions starting with not hiring Chuke Williams. Currently, the administration is 0-3 since letting "Burr" go. It is crucial for Sammons to make a good hire this time around. If we are going to keep bringing the same people back then letting Kinner go was pointless, all you did there was ruin the career of a hometown boy. Paintsville needs to clean house and get a "football" coach to fix this. However, as Robert Anson Heinlein once said, “never underestimate the power of human stupidity,” so we will wait and see.
Ill put it this way if they fire Jason and hire someone else who isn't experienced and who doesn't bring alot to the table then Ill be pissed. Jason doesn't deserve to be thrown under a bus and replaced with someone just because of a name.
I hope paintsville makes the right pick.Because if they think jimmy daniels is the right pick iam telling you that would be the wrong pick. Because they need a coach not a want to be.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Ill put it this way if they fire Jason and hire someone else who isn't experienced and who doesn't bring alot to the table then Ill be pissed. Jason doesn't deserve to be thrown under a bus and replaced with someone just because of a name.
No longer a rumor. WYMT confirmed Kinner has resigned.
You forgot Joker Phillips!
I hate to hear this, I agree with what some other posters said and feel that the administration at Paintsville is as much to blame.

With that said though, fellas, I hate to break it to you but until Paintsville decides to get their act together like those boys across town, then you could hire Lou Holtz and it's not going to matter.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that if you live in Johson County, and want your son to play for the best program, then that is far and away @ Johnson Central.

I wish Paintsville, Kinner and their new coach the best of luck, though. Mountain football is always better when traditional programs are up and rolling. Paintsville is one of those programs.
I have seen many post on here mentioning John Derossett as possible candidate. I could see him leaving Pburg for the right job, but Pville wouldnt be that job. The glory days at Pville are in the past. For yrs Pville got most the good talent throughout the county and had great teams. Now that Johnson Central has a great program and great coach, Pville will not get those kids.
KY Headhunter Wrote:I have seen many post on here mentioning John Derossett as possible candidate. I could see him leaving Pburg for the right job, but Pville wouldnt be that job. The glory days at Pville are in the past. For yrs Pville got most the good talent throughout the county and had great teams. Now that Johnson Central has a great program and great coach, Pville will not get those kids.
JAMES not John. James is John's brother who runs the defense at Prestonsburg.
Until the admin is gone pville football is dead!!!
PHS will return to glory with the hiring of......drum roll please..........................................................Dexter Allen, coach of the soccer team.
this is going to get very interesting,there's a hard rumor that 6 maybe more of the boys on this years team are looking to leave, did anybody ever think that this young team was just not that good, ever think that coach kinner done what he could but could anybody really win this year with these young men that doesn't have much experience since last years team was loaded with seniors and very few freshman played last year. Whoever the coach they hire for this team i just hope he coaches to win and not let the politics determine who plays as the 8th graders come up, some of the sophmore class may never see the field except for practice but we will see who they hire. my choice is McCoy. they better hurry these days parents don't wait when it comes to there superstar!
David Lemaster would be far and away the best guy for the job but too many Paintsville fans have already shown that they don't deserve to have him. If they want the best fit for the community and, most importantly, for their players, Paintsville will beg Burr's forgiveness and ask him to return to the job and save the program. If he had never left, the program would have remained strong.
Great guy, Don't think the people of Pville want to go their again!!!
I see SOME of the same mistakes happening here that happened the first time Pikeville hired Macnamee. I love Chris and am glad he is having success now, but people forget the first time everyone was so upset with him and he left to go to Pike Central, that his cupboard was a little bare too. The elementary/little league programs had been allowed to languish for some time before he took the job, and he caught the blame instead of being given time to build it back up. It's a different story now, and they are again focusing on the little league programs here in Pikeville, and have some very nice talent in the pipeline. Hopefully, Paintsville finds the right person, I've always respected them as opponents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4