Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
74.55%
Knox Central
25.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Boyle County 11/4
I know the team is working hard to get ready for this one. Should be a fine game.
Football1 Wrote:I know the team is working hard to get ready for this one. Should be a fine game.

I expect it to be. :Thumbs:
Some fun stats to reflect how this team is improving. Granted, the first 4 games included Highlands and John Hardin, probably the best 2 teams in the state not named Trinity.

First 4 games: Whittle 24/70 for 326 yds, 2TD 7Int. Team rushing 146 att for 729 yds Average Points per game 21 Average Points allowed 19.75

Final 6 games: Whittle 68/105 for 1037 yds, 9TD 3Int. Team rushing 204 for 1162
Average Points per game 40.5 Average Points allowed 9

Getting better and continuing to improve at the right time
rockfan11 Wrote:you cant be talking about boyle county when you talk about classy crowds, i went to the bell/boyle game in 09, and they are the worst fan base ive ever seen. not trying to talk bad about the boyle county team, just their fans expect everything.

Interacted with Boyle County fans three consecutive years, and not a complaint. Every crowd has their embarrassments like was previously stated. You beat them, they give credit where credit is due, you lose to them, they respect you for putting on a good game, can't ask for much more from a crowd and team with such a storied history. All those state titles, you'd expect them to be as obnoxious as the highlands folks, but not at all. I recall going up to Boyle in '09 I believe it was wearing a '08 Bell state championship shirt, and some fans, and women at the gates we're commenting on how nice the shirts were and starting conversation with many Bell fans, find me another crowd like that.
MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Rating..State Rank...Class Rank.......Team Name
31.6..........19.............4(4A).........Boyle County
23.2..........45............12(4A).........Knox Central
Point spread Boyle County by 8
Boyle County Probability of Victory 68.4313949
WeBelieve Wrote:MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
Confusedhh: Think Rock was projected to win by 3 touchdowns against K.N.O.X,
granted..Projections are more reliable in college and pro.
I dont think this Hold as much stock in High School sports.
Sounds like Central maybe should just stay home..lol:eyeroll:
Im taking boyle by 17.

On a side not, if anyone has a camera at the game can I get a picture of the fronts gates leading into the stadium....I think that is one of the best entrances ive seen (and I need a new background)
Knox is a run first team, but as they showed against rock they can throw the ball a every well. they can go 5 wide and have good speed, think Knox can win if they can pass first then use the power run game. as for ther D- its mainly a 6-2-3 but they will ajust out of that to a tampa 2
RebelPride12 Wrote:I did say Boyle would score 28-42. I am leaning towards the 28 and giving a little leeway considering how much our passing game is improving every game. I do think people are still underestimating LexCath and Boyle for that matter. Both schools lost to teams that are better than them. There is no shame in that. I think those that believe that just because Boyle has 3 losses will be in for a surprise on Friday. Boyle has soundly defeated every team they faced that was not better than them. I just don't see that pattern changing this Friday. If it does, I'll actually be happy. we need to be able to win these close games. We either blow teams out or we lose.
I think that it will be a close game much closer than some think. with that said I think the winner will be who can win the turnover battle, if know can hang on to the ball they will be hard to handle.
WeBelieve Wrote:MY projection based on FREEMAN computer ratings
The good news is that means we have a 32% chance of winning! Man, this gets better all the time.
Boyle Co. 28-7.
A small chance is better than no chance.
Boyle is still Boyle. Boyle big in this one.
panther nation Wrote:Knox is a run first team, but as they showed against rock they can throw the ball a every well. they can go 5 wide and have good speed, think Knox can win if they can pass first then use the power run game. as for ther D- its mainly a 6-2-3 but they will ajust out of that to a tampa 2

I think you'll find that Boyle's defense is solid from top to bottom.they defend the pass as well as they do the run,and they have one of the best run defenses in the state year in and year out.
Quick question J.L. Is it quicker to get to Boyle staying on the by pass or going through town. (150)
PREACHER MAN Wrote:Quick question J.L. Is it quicker to get to Boyle staying on the by pass or going through town. (150)

Bypass.
boyle big
Any one who is not a creeper want to text updates back and forth to each other PM me.i wish i could be at this game. cant be two places at once. i will be at Rock/Marion game.
Boyle has a few injuries from last weeks game that may affect the outcome of fridays game,but i'm still gonna take Boyle 28 to 14 should be a good game i'm looking forward to it.Knox Central's size still worries me.
Boyle better not overlook this team. Rock got full of themselves and thought because they were predicted to win by about 20 over Knox that it would be an easy game and you know how that turned out. Knox is tough. Their line is the only line I have seen this year that Rock could not run productively on with the offense and could not penetrate and hurry on the defense. They are not just big, they are rough. I would like to see the mountain team pull this one out, but Boyle always seems to make the big plays when it counts. Boyle is like Bell, king of the country until they are dethroned.
Boyle won't overlook Knox .as i've said before you don't win 7 state titles by overlooking other teams.Boyle has some injuries that may hurt them tonight,but thats football.I expect this to be a hard fought game.and i hope both teams come out injury free.
HonestJohn Wrote:Boyle better not overlook this team. Rock got full of themselves and thought because they were predicted to win by about 20 over Knox that it would be an easy game and you know how that turned out. Knox is tough. Their line is the only line I have seen this year that Rock could not run productively on with the offense and could not penetrate and hurry on the defense. They are not just big, they are rough. I would like to see the mountain team pull this one out, but Boyle always seems to make the big plays when it counts. Boyle is like Bell, king of the country until they are dethroned.

Wasn't Rock missing several key players? Didn't they lose their top running back, who may be the best to ever play for them?
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Interacted with Boyle County fans three consecutive years, and not a complaint. Every crowd has their embarrassments like was previously stated. You beat them, they give credit where credit is due, you lose to them, they respect you for putting on a good game, can't ask for much more from a crowd and team with such a storied history. All those state titles, you'd expect them to be as obnoxious as the highlands folks, but not at all. I recall going up to Boyle in '09 I believe it was wearing a '08 Bell state championship shirt, and some fans, and women at the gates we're commenting on how nice the shirts were and starting conversation with many Bell fans, find me another crowd like that.

Have you ever been to interact with the Highlands fans or are you just stating they are obnoxious because you dislike the team? HHS fans are actually very quite and like to be very welcoming to the visiting team (maybe not Cov Cath).
Good luck Knox Central!
Possibly the most intriguing first round match up across the state. Boyle is down from what they have had the past few years, but are still a good football team. Knox caught the short end of the stick in the tie-breaker but are on the road. I like the chances for Knox Co., but will the hostile environment be too much? Only time will tell, best of luck to both teams and hoping for a Knox Co. win.
Football1 Wrote:Coach Russell turned in a 7-3 regular season where a couple of plays easily could have us sitting here 9-1 really making people wonder about this game. And if Boyle is smart they will consider us a 9-1 team with every shot at beating them on their home field in the first game of the playoffs.

I wouldn't worry. If you knew Larry French and the way he coaches, you'd know BC prepares to the same extent as if they were playing the best or worst team in the state that week.

Boyle also hasn't lost a Home Playoff game since 1996 I do believe? Whenever Bourbon came through in the first round and upset Boyle on their way to the title game.

If Knox thinks they can pull it off, i'll give you two words of advice: Good Luck. Confusedhh:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle has a few injuries from last weeks game That may affect the outcome of fridays game,

Knox Central's size still worries me.

I talked to some of the guy's this week, everyone's going to be playing.

If you were concerned about Size, i'm sure you were shaking in your boots when we lined up against ACS' Lines last year, eh? :eyeroll:
Game can be seen on Ihigh tonight! Could be closer than many expect.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

RebelRowdie Wrote:I talked to some of the guy's this week, everyone's going to be playing.

If you were concerned about Size, i'm sure you were shaking in your boots when we lined up against ACS' Lines last year, eh? :eyeroll:

From what i saw on ihigh last week Knox has more size than ACS had at every posistion last year.
If the Rebels can not get their passing game up to an average level, they may struggle because Knox will load the box and stop the run and make them throw. I look for Boyle to win this game by 2-3 Td's.
Twitter: @tc_analytics