Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Boyle County 11/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts,and predictions.
Boyle 32
Knox Central 13
I'm going to take Knox in an upset.

Knox - 34
Boyle Co. - 28
Boyle is very good but they are not the same Boyle of the last few years. Panthers you have a chance to shock the state. Go represent our area well!!!!
TopCat Wrote:Boyle is very good but they are not the same Boyle of the last few years. Panthers you have a chance to shock the state. Go represent our area well!!!!

I agree, Knox Central can win this game, but they must bring their A game to beat a team as good as Boyle Co. Good luck to the Panthers, they have had too good of a season for it to end this early.
Boyle 34 Knox Central 18
Just looking at the records and rankings Boyle would be a 10 point favorite. But if you look at how the two teams match up against each other, then this game should be much closer. Boyle's one consistency has been its defense, but the Panthers have many more offensive weapons than they had when most people watched them early in the year. On the other side of the ball, Boyle seems to be catching their stride late in the season as well. So this could become a battle to the last possession.

IMO this is the GOTW for Round 1.
I'm not gonna give a score yet,but i watched part of Knox centrals game against Madison central last night.they have good size,but they looked slow compared to alot of teams Boyle has played this year.I think Boyle will definately have the edge in team speed in this game.I also don't know alot about Knox but they appear to rely heavily on the running game.if this is true i think they will have problems moving the ball against Boyle's defense.maybe some of the Knox fans can tell me what type of offense,and defese Knox normally runs.
Could some one add a poll.
Boyle is not as down as some of you may want to believe. IMO, this game won't live up to the hype some are giving it. Boyle by 3-4 touchdowns.

Have safe travels to all of those coming up for the game. Good luck to both teams.
TopCat Wrote:Boyle is very good but they are not the same Boyle of the last few years. Panthers you have a chance to shock the state. Go represent our area well!!!!

I agree,but i think 4a as a class is down all across the board this year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree,but i think 4a as a class is down all across the board this year.

I don't. I still believe any of the top 4 teams can win state and while we don't talk about the west side we still don't know what they will be bringing to the table. The last three 4A title games were predicted to be blowouts by Bell and Boyle and all three were close, way closer, than anyone thought they would be.
Boyle wins this one KC will have a hard time getting any offense going against that Defense.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Boyle is not as down as some of you may want to believe. IMO, this game won't live up to the hype some are giving it. Boyle by 3-4 touchdowns.

Have safe travels to all of those coming up for the game. Good luck to both teams.

I also have to agree with you to,I don't think Boyle is as good as last year,but if our offense continues to improve and mantain the level of play they have shown the last few weeks i think we can do well in the playoffs.I to don't think we're as down as alot of people on here think.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Boyle is not as down as some of you may want to believe. IMO, this game won't live up to the hype some are giving it. Boyle by 3-4 touchdowns.

Boyle is down compared to Boyle standards. That doesn't mean that they are not one of the best teams in 4A and one of the favorites to make it to an HHS semi. I think there is a bigger difference between Boyle 2010 and Boyle 2011 than there is between Boyle 2011 and Knox Central 2011. That said, the Rebels do have the ability to win by a larger margin, but I don't see that happening, and I don't see 3-4 TDs.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I don't. I still believe any of the top 4 teams can win state and while we don't talk about the west side we still don't know what they will be bringing to the table. The last three 4A title games were predicted to be blowouts by Bell and Boyle and all three were close, way closer, than anyone thought they would be.

I believe you're right about the top 4 teams having a shot at the title,but i still believe 4a as a whole is not as good as last year.I don't think Highlands is as good as last year or Lexington catholic.I believe last years Boyle team would be undefeated with this years schedule, and would be the favorite to win the title at this point in the season.IMO
Neither team makes it past Lex Cath's side of that part of the bracket.

However, hard to pick against Coach French. I could see it going either way.
Knox has a very capable QB and some decent WR. On defense they will give the same looks as Bell but are bigger and also considerably slower. Not saying they are the caliber of the Bell teams of the past few years but will look familiar to the Boyle fans in the way they do things.
laker20 Wrote:Boyle is down compared to Boyle standards. That doesn't mean that they are not one of the best teams in 4A and one of the favorites to make it to an HHS semi. I think there is a bigger difference between Boyle 2010 and Boyle 2011 than there is between Boyle 2011 and Knox Central 2011. That said, the Rebels do have the ability to win by a larger margin, but I don't see that happening, and I don't see 3-4 TDs.

I do. Especially after watching Boyle last night. I admittedly know nothing of Knox Central other than comparing scores and forming an opinion. Knox will not run the ball effectively on us. I do know that. I have no worries abou us scoring 28-42 points on Knox. Seeing is believing if Knox can get to 20. LexCath couldn't. Why should I believe Knox can?
Boyle County by two scores in this one.
This game could be a close one. I pick Boyle by 7
RebelPride12 Wrote:I do. Especially after watching Boyle last night. I admittedly know nothing of Knox Central other than comparing scores and forming an opinion. Knox will not run the ball effectively on us. I do know that. I have no worries abou us scoring 28-42 points on Knox. Seeing is believing if Knox can get to 20. LexCath couldn't. Why should I believe Knox can?

First, Knox won't need to put 40 up, they won't be playing with Whitley's Defense. No comparison. We put 30 on the board against Whitley on 27 offensive possessions. Had our defense been able to get the ball back sooner (like yours is capable of) we could have scored 60 easily. Knox's defense is as good or better than LexCath's, which held BC to 13. So, I'd expect Boyle to score in the 20's vs the 40's.

Offensively Knox may not be as good as LexCath, but I think they will matchup much better to Boyle's defense. It will take a team effort to stop Canady, and the Panthers have other offensive weapons that can do damage. Boyle is the favorite, but it won't be easy.
Mighty mighty Boyle... so they say. Nobody except those who know us give us a shot at this game. Boyle is a phenomenal program with a storied past. KC is a growing program with a glowing future. Coach Russell turned in a 7-3 regular season where a couple of plays easily could have us sitting here 9-1 really making people wonder about this game. And if Boyle is smart they will consider us a 9-1 team with every shot at beating them on their home field in the first game of the playoffs.

As is, we have the mountain to climb to beat the guys who sit on the throne. It will be a huge challenge for the undercat in this match but I have faith that our players will turn in their very best effort this night. I think that will be enough to win it. But I, like them, refuse to see it any other way.
Football1 Wrote:Mighty mighty Boyle... so they say. Nobody except those who know us give us a shot at this game. Boyle is a phenomenal program with a storied past. KC is a growing program with a glowing future. Coach Russell turned in a 7-3 regular season where a couple of plays easily could have us sitting here 9-1 really making people wonder about this game. And if Boyle is smart they will consider us a 9-1 team with every shot at beating them on their home field in the first game of the playoffs.

As is, we have the mountain to climb to beat the guys who sit on the throne. It will be a huge challenge for the undercat in this match but I have faith that our players will turn in their very best effort this night. I think that will be enough to win it. But I, like them, refuse to see it any other way.

As you should,I really don't know what to expect from Knox.All i know is what i saw in thier game on ihigh last night,and i'll have to say they have very good size but looked very slow compared to Boyle.they may win friday night.thats why they play the games.I do think if they don't have a good enough passing game to keep Boyle's defense honest.they will have problems moving the ball on the ground.In closing this is not the same Boyle team that lost to Lexington catholic at mid season they are much improved since then. our passing game has finally caught up with our running game we are much harder to defend on offense now.the defense has improved to.should be a good game.i'm looking forward to it.
Jack Lambert Wrote:As you should,I really don't know what to expect from Knox.All i know is what i saw in thier game on ihigh last night,and i'll have to say they have very good size but looked very slow compared to Boyle.they may win friday night.thats why they play the games.I do think if they don't have a good enough passing game to keep Boyle's defense honest.they will have problems moving the ball on the ground.In closing this is not the same Boyle team that lost to Lexington catholic at mid season they are much improved since then. our passing game has finally caught up with our running game we are much harder to defend on offense now.the defense has improved to.should be a good game.i'm looking forward to it.

I wish they would bust these games up and play half on Friday & half on Saturday. I think it be huge for ticket sales............not to mention I'd love to see this game.
Boyle 35 Knox 17, Boyle county passing is getting alot better and the defense is playing great.
^^The Boyle passing attack is weapon for sure. They are a well coached, disciplined crew that improves in-season by erasing mistakes. They are a great team that could go deep if they beat us...

One thing to note about the "slow" appearance of our team last night is that we were playing in the rain on a field that had taken rain all day. It was 1-2 inches of soggy mud. I have not seen Boyle play so we may be slower than them even on a dry field - but we do have a little speed.
Boyle is on a pretty good roll right now. They take a "not in our house" attitude Friday night against a pretty good Knox Central as this will be their last home game of the season. I expect alot of fireworks.
Boyle 28
Knox 10
I think this could be a upset in knox wins but i think there very capable of beating boyle county as boyle is down compared to the last 3 years.
laker20 Wrote:First, Knox won't need to put 40 up, they won't be playing with Whitley's Defense. No comparison. We put 30 on the board against Whitley on 27 offensive possessions. Had our defense been able to get the ball back sooner (like yours is capable of) we could have scored 60 easily. Knox's defense is as good or better than LexCath's, which held BC to 13. So, I'd expect Boyle to score in the 20's vs the 40's.

Offensively Knox may not be as good as LexCath, but I think they will matchup much better to Boyle's defense. It will take a team effort to stop Canady, and the Panthers have other offensive weapons that can do damage. Boyle is the favorite, but it won't be easy.

I did say Boyle would score 28-42. I am leaning towards the 28 and giving a little leeway considering how much our passing game is improving every game. I do think people are still underestimating LexCath and Boyle for that matter. Both schools lost to teams that are better than them. There is no shame in that. I think those that believe that just because Boyle has 3 losses will be in for a surprise on Friday. Boyle has soundly defeated every team they faced that was not better than them. I just don't see that pattern changing this Friday. If it does, I'll actually be happy. we need to be able to win these close games. We either blow teams out or we lose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4