Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry 30
Somerset 20

That is if Perry plays everyone
I'm not a fan of resting starters
If they are banged up, rest em
If not, keep everyone sharp and let em play
Statistics dont show that resting helps

They keep high school stats for teams that rest their starters?
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry 30
Somerset 20

That is if Perry plays everyone
I'm not a fan of resting starters
If they are banged up, rest em
If not, keep everyone sharp and let em play
Statistics dont show that resting helps

Are there statistics that show that resting hurts?

Two years ago, playing in the last game of the season (non-district) my son suffered a concussion and was forced to sit out the playoff game against Lone Oak. This was his senior year and was heartbreaking for him.

Sitting this game out will not cause these guys to randomly forget how to play. It just gives a chance to be working on those things they need to do keep the season alive.
Sounds like this one should be a real barnburner. I'll guess and take Somerset by 2.
Perry - 28
Somerset - 7
If Perry wins, this will be the best record in school history for the regular season 8-2. I hope Haddix does everything he can do to win. Somerset beat Hazard up at Hazard and thats a big accomplishment. Perry better bring their "A" game Friday.
Norm Peterson Wrote:They keep high school stats for teams that rest their starters?

No...
but I'm pretty sure that rest is a pretty universal thing.
Meaning you can probably look at professional teams that do it and get a good idea of what to expect from it.
I can't count how many times the Colts have done it, came out flat during the playoffs, and leave early.
laker20 Wrote:Are there statistics that show that resting hurts?

Two years ago, playing in the last game of the season (non-district) my son suffered a concussion and was forced to sit out the playoff game against Lone Oak. This was his senior year and was heartbreaking for him.

Sitting this game out will not cause these guys to randomly forget how to play. It just gives a chance to be working on those things they need to do keep the season alive.

They have this debate every year when playoff time rolls around for the NFL. If people that are payed to sit around all year and analyze football can't figure out what is the best thing to do then there is no way anyone is going to come to a definitive answer on this message board.

I'm sorry about your son though.
I imagine that would be tough for anyone.
^
What were not getting paid to contribute to this site?
I thought my check was really late lol jk
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
What were not getting paid to contribute to this site?
I thought my check was really late lol jk

Nope...
We're the ones that actually pay the site lol

But if you count the hours at work that I've spent on this and gotten a check for it I've probably made a good living at it :biglmao:
^
Id be freakin rich. although i do a lot more reading than i do posting.
Ya know, kind of the opposite of SD Confusednicker:
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:They've not played an offense like Perry's though. Perry scored 30 even on the Filthy Animals.
IMO, that statement is debatable. Talent wise Perry & Breathitt are pretty even. Huff's great & he's surrounded by speed. Breathitt has a lot of weapons as well, esp. Collins & Trent. Trent is a great dual threat Qb & one of the best playmakers in the mtns.

warmachine Wrote:If Perry wins, this will be the best record in school history for the regular season 8-2. I hope Haddix does everything he can do to win. Somerset beat Hazard up at Hazard and thats a big accomplishment. Perry better bring their "A" game Friday.
To achieve best record in school history would be a great accomplishment for the program & Haddix, I hope they get it. Although I'll say Haddix picked an oppertune time to take over. Perry has talent and they should win most games. That being said, Justin, Kyle & rest of staff have done a great job.

GO BLUE
Assuming everyone plays. Should be an exciting & physical game. Esp. when Perry's on O & Somerset's on D. Somerset has an excellent overall D, esp. up front. Losing Slaughter is a big loss. On O, 8 & 10 will get theirs but I see them struggling to move the ball consistently. Perry's athletic enough to man up 8 (if they need to), put more in the box to pressure 10 or 6 & stop the run, which is Somerset's strength. Perry is excellent on both sides of ball, when they want to be. Perry has more speed & they also got Robinson. Barring excessive turnovers or Huff having a very off night,
Perry 28
Somerset 7

As far as sitting players or games being meaningless I would have to strongly disagree. IMO, EVERY game, MEANS something. It's a matter of PRIDE. I want to win every game, not just enough games to see what seed I have in the playoffs. Most of these kids will never play beyond high school, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love to go back & just play one more game. This could potentially be one of those games that these kids remember the rest of their life. Win or Lose. As far as sitting players, if you're injured, you don't need to play. If you're good, play ball. No matter what game it is.
I have watched the Robinson kid on film. He's downhill, and seems to be in on every play. As far as losing Tevin, yes it hurts (almost more offensively as he was really starting to hit his stride running the football). After a trip to the doctor in a week we should know if he's looking at surgical repair or possibly (and I do mean possibly) he could play if Somerset gets to the regional championship games. Regardless Tevin is out for PCC, however his 1st team all-state brother Trey is healthy and hungry. Trey has been back with the Jumpers for 5 games and is already second on the team in tackles (second to his brother Tevin) with 70 and after Friday night he is leading the team in sacks with 7 1/2. Bridge Smith is also probably one of the most underrated d-lineman in the mountains. The Jumpers find ways to win ball games, they are 34-5 over this three year stretch... You don't win that many ballgames and not have something about you. Perry will have to play well to beat the Jumpers, and the Jumpers will have to limit turnovers and pressure the quarterback. This game could go either way, its never easy traveling east of I-75.
Perry wins this one easily
Perry may shut somerset out. Ill make an scoring prediction after I heard if they are playing everyone to win. If so I think Perrys D will shut the Jumpers out.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Perry may shut somerset out. Ill make an scoring prediction after I heard if they are playing everyone to win. If so I think Perrys D will shut the Jumpers out.

Calling a shutout for a defense that is averaging giving up 26 points a game? I'll be glad to take that bet. Do you think Somerset is the worst team PCC has played all year or something?
What is this the NFL. Holding players out of a game because of the playoffs. Sounds like this is the start of a foundation for an excuse after the game if Perry Central doesn't do well.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Calling a shutout for a defense that is averaging giving up 26 points a game? I'll be glad to take that bet. Do you think Somerset is the worst team PCC has played all year or something?

Ive saw them 3 times this year. I do think they are one of the worst offensive teams I have saw.
If I remember correctly, and it may of been a fluke but.......
I saw them against Hazard and they scored once on a blocked FG and once after a turnover deep.
Then I saw them get shut out against Breathitt.
Then I saw them at home against Glasgow. Which Ill give you is a great team. But in me watching the Jumpers this year I dont think ive seen one great touchdown drive.
Nothing personal, just in 3 games ive yet to see a good offensive production.
This could end up being a really good game. PCC has a great passing game and Somerset has one of the best defenses in the state. On the other side of the ball PCC has been a one man show a good part of the time, and Somerset has had some lack luster offensive performance. So this could be a battle both ways. I'm leaning towards Somerset because they do find ways to win, but I know those PCC boys are hungry for a taste of the playoffs.

You boys on he fawdy better be prepared to hear the horns.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:What is this the NFL. Holding players out of a game because of the playoffs. Sounds like this is the start of a foundation for an excuse after the game if Perry Central doesn't do well.

When you don't post for a while I start to miss hearing your trash...
then when you get back on I start to hate it lol
laker20 Wrote:This could end up being a really good game. PCC has a great passing game and Somerset has one of the best defenses in the state. On the other side of the ball PCC has been a one man show a good part of the time, and Somerset has had some lack luster offensive performance. So this could be a battle both ways. I'm leaning towards Somerset because they do find ways to win, but I know those PCC boys are hungry for a taste of the playoffs.

You boys on he fawdy better be prepared to hear the horns.

WooHoo Fawdy!:Cheerlead
zaga_fan Wrote:When you don't post for a while I start to miss hearing your trash...
then when you get back on I start to hate it lol

I am trying to do it in moderation. LOL. However, I do think Perry Central will win, but it will be close.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Ive saw them 3 times this year. I do think they are one of the worst offensive teams I have saw.

I do agree that those were by far Somerset's 3 worst offensive performances of the year, however those were also 3 very tough teams they played back to back, while they were still somewhat figuring out what their offense would even be, or who their quarterback would even be. I know in the Breathitt game they were still alternating snaps with 10 and 6. They finally stuck with one and every other game has told a different story. I would be shocked if they were shutout.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:If I remember correctly, and it may of been a fluke but.......
I saw them against Hazard and they scored once on a blocked FG and once after a turnover deep. Then I saw them get shut out against Breathitt.
Then I saw them at home against Glasgow. Which Ill give you is a great team. But in me watching the Jumpers this year I dont think ive seen one great touchdown drive. Nothing personal, just in 3 games ive yet to see a good offensive production.

The drive early in the second half started on Somerset's side of the field and Somerset ran right at Hazard for most of the yards before scoring on about a 20 yd pass over the middle to score...so unless you were at the concession stand geting a hot dog you would have seen at least ONE good TD drive. That said Somerset was still trying to decide on a QB at that point in the season and they were...well lets say less than impressive on offense, so I understand what your saying. Jumpers have played much better starting with the Danville game....so we'll see what we'll see this Friday.
Perry Central-Haddix and Huff to much for the jumpers to handle PCC by10. Mr. Robinson will be in the backfield all night
PCC - 31
Someset - 20
[quote=JumperPride1]Regardless Tevin is out for PCC, however his 1st team all-state brother Trey is healthy and hungry. Trey has been back with the Jumpers for 5 games and is already second on the team in tackles (second to his brother Tevin) with 70 and after Friday night he is leading the team in sacks with 7 1/2. Bridge Smith is also probably one of the most underrated d-lineman in the mountains.

Like I said, Somerset is REALLY good up front. Trey is one tough kid & a game changer. It would've been a different game if he'd played us earlier in the season. (No disrespect, I still think we would have won) Don't know the others names but I'm pretty sure it was 59, who is also tough as nails, 75 is a big ole' boy & they got a couple others. They fire off the ball about as good as any D-line I've seen. Losing Tevin is a big loss, hope he has a speedy recovery. They're solid everywhere else but exceptional on the line. If Perry over looks this bunch, they'll go into the playoff on a 2 game losing streak. I hope everyone plays, cause this could be a good one.
perry-28
somerset-14
close game but PCC at the end.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next