Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 34, Elder 29
adopted purple Wrote:You keep going back to the last four years. Trinity beat Bowling Green by 2 points last year. BG returned most of their starters on both sides of the ball. I'm not trying to say they could beat Trinity, but they are better than last year also. My point is, that was last year. Programs change. Some get better. Some get worse and so does Highlands. Nothing would make me happier than to see Highlands and BG play this year, but it isn't going to happen.

Didn't Trinity have some key players out in that game last year against Bowling Green? For some reason I thought Trinity's starting QB was out that game or hurt during that game.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Please show me where I've attacked anyone I said Ashland could compete with anyone not win and I don't like some of highlands fans who have a we can't lose attitude. It takes humility to be successful not arrogance. But I surely haven't taken any shots like you just did calling Ashland and JC garbage teams.

Wow. I have never heard "humility" and "Tomcats" mentioned in the same writing. It would be an oxymoron.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Please show me where I've attacked anyone I said Ashland could compete with anyone not win and I don't like some of highlands fans who have a we can't lose attitude. It takes humility to be successful not arrogance. But I surely haven't taken any shots like you just did calling Ashland and JC garbage teams.

What causes me to chuckle a bit when I read comments like the bolded one is, that while the comments about the arrogance of some Highlands fans are spot on, I see some of the same posters that criticize the arrogance of Highlands fans being just as or almost as arrogant in threads discussing their teams against other than Highlands opponents. Anyone else notice that?