Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co 14 - Russell 7
lol lol lol
Not sure what the coach was so upset about, but I really don't think that was the turning point of the game. On another note, is there any updates on the injured player?
I am assuming this will be played at Russell?
Congrats to Lewis... Great job so far this season
Congrats to Lewis Co.!!
Where was this game played at? I can see where it would bad officiating if it was at Lewis. We have a time with the refs every time we play at Lewis. I don't think they are trying to hose us. I just think they are just horrible refs.
Congrats Lewis Co.
Congrats to Lewis County!!!! To bad we can't keep Mustard and Taco another year with Ruark, Christy and Thurman we can have a repeat next year!!!!!!!!!
It was at Russell.
All right I have some things I have to say here.

Now I love and respect coach McGlone as much as anybody but I have a couple of issues with this past game. 1st and goal on the 2 yard line and we are running dives with no lead back against what was basically a nine man front. We were outnumbered at the point of attack. Either run a lead or better yet put the QB sneak back in the offense.

I know we do what we do but we have to give a good defense a little more to think about instead of just pinning their ears back and comming. I did see the straight T, Power I, and a little bit of spread in the game. All 3 worked at times but the play calling was very predictable for most of the game. The one screen pass works every time we run it. USE IT MORE. Haven't seen the inside counter run all year. It is my favorite play in the wing T. We looked very good in the spread at the end of the game be it runnning or passing. This team has the personnel to create some mismatches. Thompson, Huffine are very good in open space. Davidson, Dehoff and Mussetter are all big targets. Turn googie loose a little bit. Some slants and jailbrakes would make this team very tough to defend.

For the players. Show some leadership. Not by yelling at teamates or crying about not getting the ball. Show it on the practice field and the game field with the effort you give and have each others backs. don't doubt your coaches. Just play and play hard and everything will be fine.

I think that's it. I feel better now.
blitz43 Wrote:Where was this game played at? I can see where it would bad officiating if it was at Lewis. We have a time with the refs every time we play at Lewis. I don't think they are trying to hose us. I just think they are just horrible refs.

Officiating this year has been less than good all over the state if you ask me.
Gotta try not to leave it in the refs hands.

Congrats Lewis Co.
Officiating was very bad but both teams got breaks and I do not think that the officiating determined the outcome of the game.
Officiating was as bad as Ive ever seen on any level but turnovers determined the outcome of this game.
Congrats Lewis County!!!
FBALL Wrote:Officiating was as bad as Ive ever seen on any level but turnovers determined the outcome of this game.

I called it saying the team with fewest turnovers would win.
LClion4life Wrote:I called it saying the team with fewest turnovers would win.

You nailed it.
[quote=EKUAlum05]Russell vs. Powell County in the 1st Round won't be a walk in the park for the Devils.[/Q

Not so fast there;Powell still has to play Western Hills.
Seems like the ref was rite blew the play dead on recovery should have been Russell ball. I hate cheating refs!!!!:please: