Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co 14 - Russell 7
Final
Congratulations, Lewis County!
This was a heck of a game. Lewis Co beats Russell for the first time in history and has captured the District Title with the win.

Congrats to the Lions. That defense sounds pretty stout.
Excellent job Lewis County!
Russell vs. Powell County in the 1st Round won't be a walk in the park for the Devils.
wow, congrats to Lewis
AtlPirateFan Wrote:This was a heck of a game. Lewis Co beats Russell for the first time in history and has captured the District Title with the win.

Congrats to the Lions. That defense sounds pretty stout.

:Thumbs:
Congrats to Lewis County. They outplayed Russell and Russell had to many turnovers. You got to hang on to the ball boys! It is not a hot potato!!!!
Ref called a do over?? Congrats to Lewis.
4real Wrote:Ref called a do over?? Congrats to Lewis.

Yea...the officiating sounded terrible in this one. However the Lions D was outstanding and held the Devils when it mattered. Held to something like 50 total yards in the 2nd half, refs didn't have anything to do with that.
Congratulations to Lewis County on a great win and the district title. Lewis beat Russell with heart. They were quicker, faster, hit harder, and just wanted it more. I hope the young man that got taken away in the ambulance is okay. He put one heck of a hit to cause a fumble.

I take nothing away from Lewis, but I'm not sure if I have ever seen Russell play as bad as they did on offense.

Once again congrats to lewis on the district title.
Holy Upset Batman! We knew Lewis had a good D but come on. What's this world coming to..lol congratz Lewis.
This is surprising. Congrats Lewis Co.
WHOA!!!! CONGRATS LEWIS! Big time win for the lions! THE defining win in there program? I think this may be the turning point in there program.
I really did not expect to see this. I thought Russell would roll.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4real Wrote:Ref called a do over?? Congrats to Lewis.

A do over? hat happened?
Jarons Wrote:I really did not expect to see this. I thought Russell would roll.

Neither did Russell!!
good job Lc D:Thumbs:
well I picked this one,,, missed the Ram prediction but got this one...
Congrats Lions
Stardust Wrote:A do over? hat happened?

Inadvertant whistle. The Lewis county punt returner called for a fair catch, muffed it, Russell recovered and returned it for a TD. The official blew his whistle thinking the play was over negating the TD and forcing the down to be replayed. On the "do over" Russell snapped the ball over the punters head. It was a horrible mistake.

That said it did not cost Russell the game. A very fiesty Lewis county defense and 5 turnovers did in the devils.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Russell vs. Powell County in the 1st Round won't be a walk in the park for the Devils.

If Russell continues to put the ball on the ground like that no game will be.
Russell's defense was stout. I think Lewis County only had 114 total yards.

Fumbles!!!
Seems like Lewis Counties Defense was a bit stouter tonight.
Way to go Lions!!!!!!!!!! :Clap:
FBALL Wrote:Inadvertant whistle. The Lewis county punt returner called for a fair catch, muffed it, Russell recovered and returned it for a TD. The official blew his whistle thinking the play was over negating the TD and forcing the down to be replayed. On the "do over" Russell snapped the ball over the punters head. It was a horrible mistake.

That said it did not cost Russell the game. A very fiesty Lewis county defense and 5 turnovers did in the devils.

It was a bad call the kicking team can not advance a muffed punt. It should have been Russell's ball where it was recovered.If the whistle had blown it should have been a dead ball where it was recovered and devils take over.
Yeah, but Russell had two other breaks on punt returns earlier. Huffine waved for a fair catch and when he caught it, he took off and got a good return. Then we muffed another punt and the other return guy picked it up and had a great return and for some unknown reason they spotted the ball where it was muffed. Go figure. Really bad officiating all around. We really should have had a better crew considering all that was on the line.
Big congrats to Lewis county!!!!
LClion4life Wrote:Yeah, but Russell had two other breaks on punt returns earlier. Huffine waved for a fair catch and when he caught it, he took off and got a good return. Then we muffed another punt and the other return guy picked it up and had a great return and for some unknown reason they spotted the ball where it was muffed. Go figure. Really bad officiating all around. We really should have had a better crew considering all that was on the line.

Inadvertant whistle!!! We see it at all levels of football. It happens. Lets not take anything away from Lewis. They have a very good football team. They hit very hard and forced a bunch of turnovers.
Congrats to Lewis County on a great win. Officiating was horrible. But it was horrible for both teams. Did not understand the call when Lewis scored and and after the TD and whistle blown. Unsportmanship was called on LC and they made them try the extra point back 15 yrds and not assessing the penalty on the kick off. It should have been taken on the kick off. Agree on the punt where LC muffed the punt and recovered it for good yardage and they brought it back to the spot.
Anyways I beleive Russell starting slipping when in the 2 qtr, Russell was moving the ball, and the BONEHEAD coach goes on the field and starts screaming at the center, which is a very good kid and has his hands full all night, in front of every body. The steam just left Russell side and jump across the field. That is to be handled at practice or in the field house at half time. No Class on this coach ?????
I believe I said this time last year that Lewis County is getting better and improving. It was just time. Congrats to the Lions.