Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Votto on the Trade Block?
LWC Wrote:Everyone says trade Arroyo, but who wants him?

Reds are stuck with the contract. They can't even cut him because of the millions he would still be owed
Schottsie would roll over in its grave if they thought actually traded Votto. Not only should they flat out release or trade Bronson, hell Id throw Cordero in there as well. Back when Cozart was making his first rounds in Ol Mil country, he blew 3 of the 4 games that led to the midseason decline, and allowed the other team to tie it in the 9th probably 80% of his remaining apps in 2011.
^ Like I said, there is absolutely no way that the Reds release Bronson and no one is going to trade for him. He has a $12M contract that the Reds would be on the hook to pay if released, and there is no team in the majors that would take that salary on their squad. He will be on the Reds through 2013, the end of his contract!
Frank Dux Wrote:hell Id throw Cordero in there as well.

I thought Coco actually had a pretty decent year IMO, much better than his 2010 season where he blew a ton of saves.

He's liking coming back next year.
^ I just don't like what the Reds are paying Coco. Same as Bronson, you have to keep them because no one else would take their salaries
Whether they want him or not, the Reds are stuck with Arroyo for the next two years. Just a real dumb move, giving a 3 year, $12 million-per-year contract to an old junkballer with a fastball that most Little Leaguers could catch up to. No one would give us ANYTHING in a trade for him, we would have to just cut him and pay the $12 million for nothing, or keep him and hope for the best. Neither option is all that great.

As for Coco, though, the Reds are not necessarily stuck with him. The guaranteed portion of his contract is up, and the Reds hold an option on him for next year. As the option is for another $12 million for 2012, the Reds would have to be certifiably insane to exercise that option. If they decline, he becomes a free agent. Although, it appears the Reds may decline the option but try to work out some kind of deal for much less money just to keep him around. Won't that be fun next year?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]