Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joey Votto on the Trade Block?
according to Cincinnati.com the Reds are willing to listen to offers for the Slugger
Good Gawd! I guess we are going to back the bus up and unload money....
Wtf.....why?
I think the Cubs are going to trade Zambrano, Soriano, Blake Dewitt, Mike Quade, Marlon Byrd, and, at least, 5 of the idiot fans that were on the Catching Hell documentary trying to kill Bartman to the Reds for Joey Votto and Dusty Baker. Dusty will then be traded to the Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan's Pacific League for a bucket of balls and 12 egg rolls.
This might be the dumbest thing that the front office could do. The only way I'm trading Votto is for Verlander or Halladay! God knows we need the pitching.:HitWall:
worker1 Wrote:I think the Cubs are going to trade Zambrano, Soriano, Blake Dewitt, Mike Quade, Marlon Byrd, and, at least, 5 of the idiot fans that were on the Catching Hell documentary trying to kill Bartman to the Reds for Joey Votto and Dusty Baker. Dusty will then be traded to the Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan's Pacific League for a bucket of balls and 12 egg rolls.

The Ham Fighters are getting screwed!
just read mlbtraderumors.com that the Marlins may offer. Report said that there gonna make a big splash before moving into there new stadium
Eh, I don't see it happening.

The thing the Reds are worried about is they aren't sure they will be able to re-sign him long term once 2013 rolls around.

I think if they do make a trade this off-season it will probably be Yonder Alonso, although I wish he'd work out in LF.
From the outside looking in, that appears to be the case. They will entertain offers for him, until that huge pay-day comes due.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Walt Jocketty shot down this rumor today, saying that the Reds haven't talked about trading Votto
I Hope this isn't true. BUT, then again, it wouldn't suprise me one bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Why do you trade your best player, that's so stupid.
Strikeout King Wrote:Walt Jocketty shot down this rumor today, saying that the Reds haven't talked about trading Votto

I sure hope that is the case!
Votto to the Pirates for Derrek Lee and a player to be named later..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am huge reds fan and I think trading Votto would be a good thing if they get a Legit #1 Starter for him. Yonder is more than capable of filling his shoes at first base and the need for a legit #1 has been holding the Reds back for a long time. There could be a GREAT deal smowhere but I don't see any teams giving up their best pitcher to get him.
A few days ago we heard the Reds were willing to listen to offers for first baseman Joey Votto, though they weren't actively shopping him. GM Walt Jocketty shot that down today, telling MLB.com's Mark Sheldon...

"We haven’t talked about it. I wish that people would stop writing it," said Jocketty. "Why would we trade one of the best players in the game? We’re trying to win."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/10/jo...votto.html
^ Great info SK
Jocketty says that until he decides to trade him, lol. I just do not trust it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IF they do trade Votto, I'm done with them, Votto is clearly their best player and I don't care what it takes to re-sign him, re-sign him immediately...
^ I've said that same thing many times, first time being Tony Perez and the last time being Josh Hamilton, but I continue to come back and am sure that I would even if Votto is traded!
^Josh Hamilton is REALLY biting them in the butt!

JUST like CC and Cliff Lee are doing to Indians fans. Sadly, we have gotten used to it Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm all for trading Bronson. What would we be missing other than a 5.something ERA? They got some young arms in Louisville and they are putting Chapman in the rotation instead of coming out of the pen, so they can afford to let him go.
LWC Wrote:^Josh Hamilton is REALLY biting them in the butt!

JUST like CC and Cliff Lee are doing to Indians fans. Sadly, we have gotten used to it Sad

He's not the first one to do that. Reds are notorious for letting great talent go. BUT, as SD said. I will always be a REDS fan! Sinse 1990 the Reds have done nothing but break my heart. Except last season. I was on cloud 9!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
LWC Wrote:^Josh Hamilton is REALLY biting them in the butt!

To be fair, Volquez's 1st season with the Reds, he was fantastic.

I still think he's got some potential.
The reds would be the dumbest franchise in the league if they trade Joey Votto
bigben Wrote:The reds would be the dumbest franchise in the league if they trade Joey Votto

They Reds can keep Joey Votto and still accomplish that feat
^ Good point sir
If the Reds trade Votto that will be the team that has the most dumbest, stupidest management in MLB. They need to trade Arroyo, he's horrible
Everyone says trade Arroyo, but who wants him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't even think a High School Team would take him