Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville's Rick Pitino responds to John Calipari's Kentucky taunt
Aslan Wrote:Nah man, this teams wanting to make history!

Are you a believer in the 40-0 Aslan theory?!

lol, I don't care about history, I just want the National Championship to come back home.
If that's what it takes then that's fine with me...I just want the most pressure-less route possible for our boys.
^ yeah, yeah, yeah, and you have predicted that they go 40-0! Look, if this team under achieves, every single one of us and tracking you down to beat the crap out of you for the bad karma you put on them!!!!
Gah please don't say that Dusty! If you don't acknowledge karma, it can't get in a buttsecks us all! So please, don't even mention it bro..because I will really kill Aslan, lol.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Say what you will, but Rick Pitino would have won the national championship the last two seasons with Cal's teams..Rick is on another level when it comes to coaching. Rick made a mistake (leaving UK) that he regrets to this very day, and that mistake costs him crucial, championship recruits. Recruits that Cal gets, and wins 30 games with but no titles. I dont dislike Cal at all, but between the two of them, I'd take Rick to coach my team.
No Pitino wouldn nothave because he would not have had those players. Cal brought them to UK. I don't think Pitino would have been able to do that. That said would Pitino had the problems he has had lately if he was still at UK? Hard to tell. I do think if Pitino had stayed UK would have still won it in 98' and prolly a couple times since then.

Now back to what you said. Had Pitino been the coach the past coupe of years with those same players and Pitino being the coach that he used to be, Yeah I think he would have least won one out of two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:No Pitino wouldn nothave because he would not have had those players. Cal brought them to UK. I don't think Pitino would have been able to do that. That said would Pitino had the problems he has had lately if he was still at UK? Hard to tell. I do think if Pitino had stayed UK would have still won it in 98' and prolly a couple times since then.

Now back to what you said. Had Pitino been the coach the past coupe of years with those same players and Pitino being the coach that he used to be, Yeah I think he would have least won one out of two.

I would put the Pitino of the Providence and UK days as the best strategist in college basketball. He would still be here today had he wanted to stay, and not only '98, but probably a few more times afterwards as well. Pitino had brought UK back to Rock Star status and then he left for Greener (Celtic and Moolah Green that is) pastures. UK was cool again, and he was on the brink of getting all of the top players in the country then. So there is no doubt that his dynasty would have continued.

As for him winning a championship over the past two years, I don't know. But I sure wish that he was the guy calling the X's and O's in the WVU game. I guarentee you the Cats would have switched up the D to a zone and completely stopped the Neers!
Stardust Wrote:I would put the Pitino of the Providence and UK days as the best strategist in college basketball. He would still be here today had he wanted to stay, and not only '98, but probably a few more times afterwards as well. Pitino had brought UK back to Rock Star status and then he left for Greener (Celtic and Moolah Green that is) pastures. UK was cool again, and he was on the brink of getting all of the top players in the country then. So there is no doubt that his dynasty would have continued.

As for him winning a championship over the past two years, I don't know. But I sure wish that he was the guy calling the X's and O's in the WVU game. I guarentee you the Cats would have switched up the D to a zone and completely stopped the Neers!
I agree. That's what I was saying. The Pitino, now though, would not have won and can't get the players Cal can.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Stardust Wrote:^ yeah, yeah, yeah, and you have predicted that they go 40-0! Look, if this team under achieves, every single one of us and tracking you down to beat the crap out of you for the bad karma you put on them!!!!

Trust me.
coach cal will have no problems beatn pitino n his team this year!!!! as aslan says! 40-0 Smile