Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville's Rick Pitino responds to John Calipari's Kentucky taunt
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...calipari/1

Rick Pitino isn't going to take John Calipari's taunts lying down.

CAPTIONBy Justin Edmonds, Getty Images
The Louisville coach responded after the Kentucky coach implied that there was only one major basketball program in the state.

"Four things I've learned in my 59 years about people," Pitino told CBSSports.com. "I ignore the jealous, I ignore the malicious, I ignore the ignorant and I ignore the paranoid."

"If the shoe fits anyone," he added. "Wear it."

As if the rivalry between the Cardinals and Wildcats isn't hot enough, Pitino and Calipari have certainly added some fuel to the fire in the last week.

Should be pretty warm by the time these teams meet on Dec. 31 in Lexington.
^ This was the same classless act that Calipari did in the mid 90's before the 1st UK/UMass game. Calipari's thugs got the win in that game, but Pitino kicked his ass (outcoached him) in the Final Four in '96 to win the championship! Cal better leave the UK Coaching legend Pitino alone!
You really hate Coach Cal..lol
Stardust Wrote:^ This was the same classless act that Calipari did in the mid 90's before the 1st UK/UMass game. Calipari's thugs got the win in that game, but Pitino kicked his ass (outcoached him) in the Final Four in '96 to win the championship! Cal better leave the UK Coaching legend Pitino alone!

Dude. Pitino isn't at UK anymore. He is the enemy. How can you support Louisville's coach over our own, and call yourself a Kentucky fan?

Neither coaches comments were "classless", it's just a little jabbing to make a great rivalry even greater. Gah...

Coach Cal spoke the truth anyway, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:Dude. Pitino isn't at UK anymore. He is the enemy. How can you support Louisville's coach over our own, and call yourself a Kentucky fan?

Neither coaches comments were "classless", it's just a little jabbing to make a great rivalry even greater. Gah...

Coach Cal spoke the truth anyway, lol.

I don't support Pitino over Cal but the man did great things for UK!..I know you were asking Dusty, just throwing this out there.lol
lol, I know that. But right now, he's the coach of our most hated rival. Dusty clearly supports him over Cal, so this is why I ask.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I know that. But right now, he's the coach of our most hated rival. Dusty clearly supports him over Cal, so this is why I ask.

Like I said, he really does hate Cal..lol
lol, I know. And I think most of it stems from our games against him in the past.

We shall get to the bottom of this stunning mystery when he gets back from his Sunday old man activities!

Big Grin
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I know. And I think most of it stems from our games against him in the past.

We shall get to the bottom of this stunning mystery when he gets back from his Sunday old man activities!

Big Grin

:police:
LOL - Everyone knows I dislike CAL, and I don't have to like him but I can still support him, right??? And for anyone who thinks not, I bring you to the argument that I always bring up!

Lots of people DISLIKE Obama, but he is the President of the United States! If you dislike Obama, does that mean you are no longer an American or support the American way! If you dislike the President and do not trust in his ability or his past, but you as an individual had NOTHING to do with putting him in the position, you don't have to like them! I disliked Clinton, never liked what he stood for before he became President. When he was voted in (not by my vote) I disliked him them - but I sure didn't want him to fail - but I did dislike him! If the President failed, then it means that I as a citizen fail. So, I don't want the person that I did not approve of to fail, so I'll just bide my time, say the Pledge of Allegiance and hope for the best to result!

So, can I dislike CAL and still hope for him to succeed and still win championships? Hell Yes! Can I still root for UK? Hell Yes! Do I hope we don't get caught? Hell Yes! Smile
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I know that. But right now, he's the coach of our most hated rival. Dusty clearly supports him over Cal, so this is why I ask.

Now you know that's not true! Support and Like are in opposite spectrums! I hate the Commies, but thought Gorbachev was cool! Pitino has his history with UK, and to discount what he did for this school and program would be stupid for anyone to discount! Do I like Pitino, YES! Do I want to beat his ass when UK plays them - YES! Would I like to see him win a fistfight over CAL - HELL YES!!! :Clap:
nothing like watching 2 italians go at it

but this is nothing compared to the battle cal and john chaney at temple had
toussaints Wrote:nothing like watching 2 italians go at it

LOL, I was joking about Pitino kicking CAL's butt - But Chaney chased CAL all around the gym in Philly just trying to catch him and stomp a mudhole in his tail!:Clap:

Chaney was an ornery cuss!
toussaints Wrote:nothing like watching 2 italians go at it

jersey shore!
Stardust Wrote:LOL - Everyone knows I dislike CAL, and I don't have to like him but I can still support him, right??? And for anyone who thinks not, I bring you to the argument that I always bring up!

Lots of people DISLIKE Obama, but he is the President of the United States! If you dislike Obama, does that mean you are no longer an American or support the American way! If you dislike the President and do not trust in his ability or his past, but you as an individual had NOTHING to do with putting him in the position, you don't have to like them! I disliked Clinton, never liked what he stood for before he became President. When he was voted in (not by my vote) I disliked him them - but I sure didn't want him to fail - but I did dislike him! If the President failed, then it means that I as a citizen fail. So, I don't want the person that I did not approve of to fail, so I'll just bide my time, say the Pledge of Allegiance and hope for the best to result!

So, can I dislike CAL and still hope for him to succeed and still win championships? Hell Yes! Can I still root for UK? Hell Yes! Do I hope we don't get caught? Hell Yes! Smile

lol, I know man..but that first post just reeks of a Louisville fan, a 40 of King Cobra, and Curve...ugh.

I love Cal, so I try to have his back as much as I do our players whenever we have haters on premises. To bad this hater owns the premises though, lolol.
I'm sure Cal is jealous of an adulterer and murderer. I'm sure he's also jealous of the fact that Pitino gets to spend most of the month of March at home.
F*** Pitino.

He'll live the rest of his life dealing with the mistakes he's made.
Stardust Wrote:http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...calipari/1

Rick Pitino isn't going to take John Calipari's taunts lying down.

CAPTIONBy Justin Edmonds, Getty Images
The Louisville coach responded after the Kentucky coach implied that there was only one major basketball program in the state.

"Four things I've learned in my 59 years about people," Pitino told CBSSports.com. "I ignore the jealous, I ignore the malicious, I ignore the ignorant and I ignore the paranoid."

"If the shoe fits anyone," he added. "Wear it."

As if the rivalry between the Cardinals and Wildcats isn't hot enough, Pitino and Calipari have certainly added some fuel to the fire in the last week.

Should be pretty warm by the time these teams meet on Dec. 31 in Lexington.

Now if he would just ignore the whores.Confusedhh:
33-0 at Rupp Arena, 2 Elite 8's and a Final 4 in two seasons. Not to mention what he might do this year. If Cal gets a national title this year, (that is a big if, hard to do even if you were the Lakers, lol) he will have 3 Elite 8's 2 Final 4's and a National Championship in 3 years. They will have the talent and experience to do it, do they have the in-game strategy to do it Wink

For those of you that know or remember, I separate coaching into more than X's and O's. Many people do not. Someone can be a good coach and be below average at in-game play calling. Not many coaches can take talent and win a title. See Matt Daugherty, Kevin Stallings, Paul Hewitt (I can't remember if he won or not, I don't think he did), Mike Brey, Steve Lavin, etc....... Cal has yet to win the title, and I understand that. He at least gets to the Final 4's and has a serious chance.

Cal does great molding players and handling personalities. He also does a great job making adjustments at halftime, unless he is playing a 1-3-1, for some reason, he cannot handle it Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The great state of Ky should give Louisville to Indiana....Go Cats ....
I support pitinos statement to not just sit back and take cals BS.... Cal has never won a title so Id say he is jealous, and 1 final four to his countability, so he probably is jealous!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^theVille is back!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^theVille is back!

Yep! I get on when I get the chance man..Nothing better than arguing about some sports with you all! Its basketball season now so Im gonna make time to get on here lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
DRYBACON21 Wrote:The great state of Ky should give Louisville to Indiana....Go Cats ....

You mean we haven't yet? Damn.
theVILLE Wrote:I support pitinos statement to not just sit back and take cals BS.... Cal has never won a title so Id say he is jealous, and 1 final four to his countability, so he probably is jealous!

dur dur dur dur dur
theVILLE Wrote:I support pitinos statement to not just sit back and take cals BS.... Cal has never won a title so Id say he is jealous, and 1 final four to his countability, so he probably is jealous!
I think it's funny to see UofL fans praise RP's championship. Where did he get that championship again? Oh, that's right, UK. Cal has coached at Memphis and friggin UMass. Not exactly powerhouse Universities. Whether it shows in the record books or not, Cal took both teams to the Final 4. It's not like he "cheated" to beat these teams to get to that point. One kid accepted money from a booster while in college and another allegedly didn't take his SAT (never determined that he didn't take it, btw). Neither of these schools have had any type of success until Calipari came.

The scariest part is that Cal has been at UK for 2 years and is on pace to shatter what Pitino ever thought about doing in his time at UK. What are Louisville fans going to say once Cal wins multiple championships while at UK? You know it's coming and I know it's coming. It's obvious that this much talent year in and year out will yield a championship sooner than later.
Pitino knows that he made the biggest mistake of his life when he left UK for the Boston Celtics job. He knows he could have 3 , 4, maybe 5 championships and he blew it. I will say Pitino is one hell of a coach, but will never win a championship again.

Don't get me wrong, Pitino did wonders for UK and us UK fans should show him respect because he is the man that brought us out of what Eddie Sutton had done. I will always support Pitino, but now it Calipari all the way.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:Pitino knows that he made the biggest mistake of his life when he left UK for the Boston Celtics job. He knows he could have 3 , 4, maybe 5 championships and he blew it. I will say Pitino is one hell of a coach, but will never win a championship again.

Don't get me wrong, Pitino did wonders for UK and us UK fans should show him respect because he is the man that brought us out of what Eddie Sutton had done. I will always support Pitino, but now it Calipari all the way.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!
Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for what Pitino did in his time at UK. He brought us through our darkest days. But let's be honest, Pitino is just a shell of his former self.
Quote:LOL - Everyone knows I dislike CAL, and I don't have to like him but I can still support him, right??? And for anyone who thinks not, I bring you to the argument that I always bring up!

So, can I dislike CAL and still hope for him to succeed and still win championships? Hell Yes! Can I still root for UK? Hell Yes! Do I hope we don't get caught? Hell Yes!

no need to get all political on us lol