•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry central 41 Whitley 40
i think the name red storm suits whitley better then the colonels. if there was to be a mascot change id vote for it
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
The guy literally has no sense of style at all does he?
I mean cmon. I better hes got power rangers underwear on.

I better you got no style.
Quote:I remember seeing that thing now. Whitley had to be one of the first teams around to use one of those.

now idk that
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:now idk that

They had that one at least as early as 2004. I don't remember seeing many of those around back then.
Quote:They had that one at least as early as 2004. I don't remember seeing many of those around back then.

there was though, because i remember traveling and walking the sidelines with breathitt county as a little kid back in the 90s maybe close to 2000 era cant remember which teams had them though but i seen 2 or 3 teams.
the only difference was they didnt have the inflatable face mask to go along with it
geauxtigers75 Wrote:They had that one at least as early as 2004. I don't remember seeing many of those around back then.

I think we got it in 04 or 05.
I know that i had never seen another one until after Whitley got there.
Im sure there was some other teams that had them, but not many.
Most schools wont spend the money on something like that.
I think those things run like eight to ten thousand.
The spirit line came out of the helmet all the way to the sideline and we had the smoke and all that.

And comeback, i agree Red Storm is a lot better and IMO cooler than just plain colonels, but it died when the man who started it all left.
I cane really blame black for going back, he wants his own legacy at Whitley, however, im proud to say i was a part of the storm.
[Image: http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-...2198_n.jpg]

These were the jerseys in the mid 2000's
the ones before this one also said red storm on it but said Whitley Co. on the back and had lighnint bolts going down the side and down the pant leg, they were much sweeter than these.
PCC's jersey havent changed much have they?
I remember seeing them in 2004 and it was pretty much the same design i believe.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:PCC's jersey havent changed much have they?
I remember seeing them in 2004 and it was pretty much the same design i believe.

2002-early 2005 the jerseys looked very similar to what they are now, we just use black home jerseys now instead of red, and Commodores is in larger lettering. We got our current jerseys at the beginning of last year. IMO they are the best looking ones we have had.

2002-2004 jerseys: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...2264_vEDCk

2005-2006 jerseys(atrocious): http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...5954_ZHRr6

2007-2009 jerseys: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...2415_Vqmg6
IDK why RIUTG it so mad, he knew with his team stepping onto a dry field the Dores would come out on top!
zaga_fan Wrote:What happened to Perry getting punched in the mouth then laying down like you've seen it so many times before.
I definitely saw a couple teams take one to the chin on Friday night...
however...
No one laid down.
One team did put another one down, though.

They actually did lay down..If a team comes back from being down 2 tds in 6 minutes by running the ball that usually means the other teams players are on there back and taking it.lol
geauxtigers75 Wrote:2002-early 2005 the jerseys looked very similar to what they are now, we just use black home jerseys now instead of red, and Commodores is in larger lettering. We got our current jerseys at the beginning of last year. IMO they are the best looking ones we have had.

2002-2004 jerseys: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...2264_vEDCk

2005-2006 jerseys(atrocious): http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...5954_ZHRr6

2007-2009 jerseys: http://www.smoothphoto.com/Sports-Photos...2415_Vqmg6

I actually remember the 2004 jersey when they came to Whitley.
I thought those looked pretty good.

I wish there was some photos in that gallery of that game back then. Whitley still had the jerseys i love in that game.

I think Whitley gets new jerseys every 3 years, meaning you will wear two different types of jerseys at Whitley. I know the new jersey rotation fell on my senior year. Now with black though, i think Whitley has 3 different types of jerseys in red, black, and white.
Looks like one guy tackled him.
Maybe one whole defense
[Image: http://storage1.ihigh.com/users/45148/ph...333172.jpg]

"Dang that guys big, coach gimme a break"
[Image: http://storage1.ihigh.com/users/45148/ph...334234.jpg]
Did you get any pictures of the Goal line stop or the score board at the end of the game?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I actually remember the 2004 jersey when they came to Whitley.
I thought those looked pretty good.

I wish there was some photos in that gallery of that game back then. Whitley still had the jerseys i love in that game.

I think Whitley gets new jerseys every 3 years, meaning you will wear two different types of jerseys at Whitley. I know the new jersey rotation fell on my senior year. Now with black though, i think Whitley has 3 different types of jerseys in red, black, and white.

That was also a very good game. LaDale Rider was an absolute mule that game, had over 40 carries i'm pretty sure.

The jerseys indeed said Red Storm on them back then, I remember seeing them now.
king360 Wrote:Did you get any pictures of the Goal line stop or the score board at the end of the game?

You Mad??

lol, cmon.

Got to ihigh and watch the last play, or sports Ot for that matter, Robinson was the first one there, but the entire PCC defense got threw are line on the las play.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:That was also a very good game. LaDale Rider was an absolute mule that game, had over 40 carries i'm pretty sure.

The jerseys indeed said Red Storm on them back then, I remember seeing them now.

Im good friend with him.
He was probably pound for pound the best player to ever come out of this county.
In that game he had 44 carries for 264 yards in an OT win.
That was the first game of the year his junior year and really his breakout game. That year he had close to 2000 yards including almost 400 against Knox Central and averaged over 250 per game.

The kid was truly a beast running the ball.
Very fast. He didnt have 4.3 speed or anything like so many people claim there RB's do but he was at 4.6 at a track practice i seen his senior year.

Truly one of the best to ever put on the red and black.
In theis district and region now, his legacy would have been a lot bigger and Whitley would of had a lot more wins, but playing against Lex schools back then was suicide for mountain schools, since then its evened out, but the level of competetion were two different worlds apart.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You Mad??

lol, cmon.

Got to ihigh and watch the last play, or sports Ot for that matter, Robinson was the first one there, but the entire PCC defense got threw are line on the las play.
:why:Confusederiously:

With all this drama I am going insane. One minute were friends the next minute were fighting. If we can't all just get Along I am going to have to go on Dr. Phil. Lol!!

:insane:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The swords do look bad ass.
I wish we woulda had the black helmets back when i was in school.
Whenever Campbell retired, the Res Storm thing kind of died out as he was the one who started and creted that. It really set the football team apart from other things in the school.
when Black came in he went back to being big in Colonels and i think its sweet how they implemented the swords and went back to Black like it was in the mid 90s.

I was just kidding about your C man. No hard feelings.

I liked the red storm pretty good, but I love the black uniforms with back in black playing. I had really hoped that was what we would have went with our senior year.

I thought Bryant was the one who got the red storm thing going. I could be wrong but I know he liked it a lot.
king360 Wrote:They actually did lay down..If a team comes back from being down 2 tds in 6 minutes by running the ball that usually means the other teams players are on there back and taking it.lol

C'mon King....
You're exaggerating a bit.

Perry got the ball with around 6 1/2 minutes left and chewed the clock down to 2 minutes before Whitley started their last drive.
They did give up back to back scores....which I'll admit is never a good thing.
However.....
Whitley's next to last scoring drive started near the beginning of the 4th quarter if I'm not mistaken.
It's not like they let Whitley drive the field twice in 6 minutes.
colonel4life Wrote:I liked the red storm pretty good, but I love the black uniforms with back in black playing. I had really hoped that was what we would have went with our senior year.

I thought Bryant was the one who got the red storm thing going. I could be wrong but I know he liked it a lot.

I thought it was campbell who came up with it.
Heck i dont know i could be wrong but i always thought it was.
We had the black ones in the closet i think lol.

Remember the solid black middle school jersey?
They were the high schools back in the day before them came back out.
I loved the uniforms the middle school had a few years back.
They looked just like the ones we had are senior year but they were black instead of red. Lightning bolt down the side and all.
You guys keep talking about uniforms like some homos!!! OMG you remember the cleats our QB wore in 02? They were soooooo preetttttttttt!!!!
Haha, just kidding homos.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:You guys keep talking about uniforms like some homos!!! OMG you remember the cleats our QB wore in 02? They were soooooo preetttttttttt!!!!
Haha, just kidding homos.

Our uniforms must have been prettier than yours, your just jealous. :biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)