• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry central 41 Whitley 40
Very good game
Boston Bryant 213 yards rushing.
colonel4life Wrote:Boston Bryant 213 yards rushing.

Sounds like he needed 214 for the win. Great game...the fumble made the difference.

Congrats PCC
^Your exactly right. Whitley played with a ton of heart and determination. We couldn't match Perry's speed but Perry couldn't stop our offense either (except the time it counted the most).

Whitley made to many mistakes (fumble was huge) and the tackling was poor tonight.

Hopefully, Whitley learns from this and works on tackling.
They are much much better than the beginning of the year.
wow... going for two! I like the call on the road!
gr8 game back in forth all night
There's no way I would've went for two. Too risky, especially in a big game like this.
Congrats Commodores. Good district win!
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:There's no way I would've went for two. Too risky, especially in a big game like this.
I have no problem with going for 2. You could argue they should have ran a different play that didnt go to Bryant, but how can you argue giving it to him 2.5 yards away.
Good close win for perry might prepare you for a team like harlan county because you will need it to stop them.
colonel4life Wrote:Boston Bryant 213 yards rushing.

Heck of a ball game by the young man
sounds like a good game congrats to pcc
Congrats PCC. Sounds like a heck of a ball game
laker20 Wrote:Sounds like he needed 214 for the win. Great game...the fumble made the difference.

Congrats PCC

217 to win!!
Got stood up on the 3 yard line. Me and Zaga had got up and walked to the goal line and watched it all go down. Needless to say, Zaga about broke through the fence when Bryant went down!!

The fumble returned for a TD was the game saver for us though!

Great game though Whitley

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Sounds like a good game for both teams. Wish I could of seen it. This was more then likely for a home playoff game.
Good job PCC.
Just saw the highlights on sports overtime. Looks like it was Matt Robinson who stood Bryant up and sealed the win. I remember someone saying it would take more then Matt to bring Bryant down, looks like he did it when it mattered the most.
Matt did work tonight. A great call by Coach Haddix to go for 2. Shows hes fearless!!
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Just saw the highlights on sports overtime. Looks like it was Matt Robinson who stood Bryant up and sealed the win. I remember someone saying it would take more then Matt to bring Bryant down, looks like he did it when it mattered the most.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
MAtthew Robinson > Boston Bryant
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:There's no way I would've went for two. Too risky, especially in a big game like this.

Why??? Whitley ran the ball at will on Perrys defense on there last 2 drives. I think it would have been dumb not to go for 2, the tough decision would have been the play call though. The toss sweep was killing Perry all night, but with a guy that big in the backfield it would be hard to turn it down.
king360 Wrote:MAtthew Robinson > Boston Bryant

:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:Why??? Whitley ran the ball at will on Perrys defense on there last 2 drives. I think it would have been dumb not to go for 2, the tough decision would have been the play call though. The toss sweep was killing Perry all night, but with a guy that big in the backfield it would be hard to turn it down.

A guy told me that he thought Whitley was going to go for 2 and go play action....
I told him that if I was Whitley's coach and my life depended on passing the ball then I would've died on the football field.

This game was too close and that's how it should have been decided.
Both teams knew exactly what was going to happen and there was no fooling anyone.
Perry dug down when they needed it the most and got the stop.
I was on the goal line when it happened...
Bryant went through the middle and was absolutely stood up and put down.

But the young man couldn't have played any better.

Congrats to the Colonels on a hard fought game.
king360 Wrote:MAtthew Robinson > Boston Bryant

Matt was absolutely insane tonight on both sides of the ball but this was his first time really shining on offense for an entire game.
Kegan is out at least 3 games and Sizemore quit the team from what I've been told so they had no choice but to rely on him.

I also loved Haddix's play calls.
I loved running the sweeps and off-tackles with 24 and I also loved the idea of sending him into the flat to crack some skulls and make room for the Speed-backs/WRs.

Also...
I heard Boston Bryant had only been tackled for loss twice this season.
He was tackled for loss 3 times tonight if I'm not mistaken.
However, most of the time he was trucking people at the line and beyond.
But he did not put Matt Robinson on his back all night like people said.
They both had their fill of each other at the end of this one but Matt was able to get the final laugh.
zaga_fan Wrote:Matt was absolutely insane tonight on both sides of the ball but this was his first time really shining on offense for an entire game.
Kegan is out at least 3 games and Sizemore quit the team from what I've been told so they had no choice but to rely on him.

I also loved Haddix's play calls.
I loved running the sweeps and off-tackles with 24 and I also loved the idea of sending him into the flat to crack some skulls and make room for the Speed-backs/WRs.

Also...
I heard Boston Bryant had only been tackled for loss twice this season.
He was tackled for loss 3 times tonight if I'm not mistaken.
However, most of the time he was trucking people at the line and beyond.
But he did not put Matt Robinson on his back all night like people said.
They both had their fill of each other at the end of this one but Matt was able to get the final laugh.

If I was going to rely on someone, It would be Robinson. This kid is nothing short of amazing.
And as for the Whitley County fans...

I had about 15 right beside of me who came with no other intention than raising pure cane and I loved EVERY second of it.
It's great to see fans travel and support their team.
We were sick of hearing each other by the end of the night but all-in-all it was a great atmosphere.
zaga_fan Wrote:And as for the Whitley County fans...

I had about 15 right beside of me who came with no other intention than raising pure cane and I loved EVERY second of it.
It's great to see fans travel and support their team.
We were sick of hearing each other by the end of the night but all-in-all it was a great atmosphere.

Confusedmoke: :hilarious:
EastKyMx Wrote:If I was going to rely on someone, It would be Robinson. This kid is nothing short of amazing.

They had a lot of big plays from the WR position tonight but IMO Matt won the game for them.
He was just about guaranteed 5 yards per carry as hard as he was running and the way he kept his feet moving.
Great game great atmosphere, felt like play-off football. Great play by Robinson felt like he hit Bryant before he could get going, Hell of a game hats off to both teams, saw alot of talent on the field that should be playing on Saturdays next season.:yum:
If the Bryant kid could go lateral at all he would be unstoppable.
king360 Wrote:If the Bryant kid could go lateral at all he would be unstoppable.

I don't think he can go lateral without stopping for a full second.
The boy looked like he was in slow-motion out there just running over people lol
There was a play in the second half where he honestly "fell" for 10 yards.
Kid is just an incredible power-back and if I could pick any tailback in the mountains for my team it would be him.
I'd stick him behind the QB, put Matt Robinson to the Right of the QB, and Davenport or Jude to the left of the QB.
  • 1(current)
  • Next