•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry central 41 Whitley 40
Sounds to me like there's a few more Boston Bryant fans after watching the game (of course, there's still a few who are in denial because he's not a commodore). I don't jump on the bus of many opposing team's players, but Bryant is an exception for me. He'd be my second pick in an All-Mt team.

As far as the game itself goes, sounds like it was a great offensive showing with both defenses being completely demolished. I have to agree with the 2-pt attempt, I would have gone for it 99 times out of a 100 after the way the game had been played.

I also think that this game shows that the Rock-PCC game wasn't just a poor performance out of PCC.........Rock is just on a different level than these two teams.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Probably because the 3 teams we lost two have 2 losses combined.
Russell Co. 1 Loss
Bell Co 1 Loss
Rockcastle Co 0 Losses

Had PCC played that schedule, theyd be 3-3 to.
Not to mention this isn't the same team that played the first two games of the season.
Looks like PCC may have peaked in Week #1.
king360 Wrote:Anyone could put a Donald Baker in the backfield and get 4 or 5 yards a carry..lol
:dudecomeon:

If you could just put a lineman in the backfield and gain 4 or 5 yards every carry, everyone would have a lineman in the backfield.
colonel4life Wrote:
Russell Co. 1 Loss
Bell Co 1 Loss
Rockcastle Co 0 Losses

Not to mention this isn't the same team that played the first two games of the season.

It's not the same team, and all three of the losses are to teams that are simply better than anyone in Whitley's district except perhaps Da' Bears. Bell, Rock, and Russell are all Top 25 teams.
yeah umm...the game i watched perry give up a big lead and came 2 yards within losing :ChairHit:
LOL @ All you haters. Too many comments for me to individually respond to so i'll leave it at that.

Bryant kid was a worse match up than Jude was, and it showed. I knew it was going to happen. Missed #40 and #5 out there tonight, unfortunate for both of those young men.

Most important thing is, we're 1-0 in the district.
king360 Wrote:BTW Zaga, what was your thoughts on the pass to Pray in the middle of the field that would have converted a 4th down that they called incomplete?..lol

If you're talking about the one where the refs got together and talked it over they got the call right.
However, The TD that they called back on Jay White looked legit to me.

I dunno.
The refs gave Perry the calls in the first half and Whitley in the second lol
^^ There are photos that say both were catches. Pray made the catch over the middle, and I still can't figure out why the hell the touchdown got called back.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:^^ There are photos that say both were catches. Pray made the catch over the middle, and I still can't figure out why the hell the touchdown got called back.

I was directly behind Pray so I saw what the ref behind him who originally called it back saw.
I thought I saw the ball go through his hands and him pick it up....
However, I was Brian Napier's call to make since he was looking at his hands and the ball and he was the one that came across to start the discussion.
He had a better look at it than anyone in the stands and I'm assuming he said it was a catch.

As for Jay's TD...
A girl from Whitley County tried to explain to me why the Touchdown was called incomplete.
She said it was because one of his knees was on the ground :|

Anyway....
did anyone notice this.
Perry Central 1st and 10.
They threw a flag for a false start but the players went ahead and played a dead play and Perry lost 3 yards.
The refs went to Whitley and offered a chance to decline it so Perry lost a down and 3 yards after the decline.
Has anyone ever seen a false start get declined like that?
On a false start they can't count the play because it never officially happened lol
I'd love to see us get some refs from Paducah with 0 ties to EKY. Honestly.
zaga_fan Wrote:Anyway....
did anyone notice this.
They threw a flag for a false start but the players went ahead and played a dead play and Perry lost 3 yards.
The refs went to Whitley and offered a chance to decline it so Perry lost a down and 3 yards after the decline.
On a false start they can't count the play because it never officially happened lol

We had the same thing happen to us a couple of weeks back (I think against LCC) and the penalty was declined and the result of the play was awarded. My understanding is that a false start, being prior to the snap, means that there is no play even if the ref's don't stop the action soon enough. Nonetheless, we lost the down and 3-yards or so on the decline.
zaga_fan Wrote:I was directly behind Pray so I saw what the ref behind him who originally called it back saw.
I thought I saw the ball go through his hands and him pick it up....
However, I was Brian Napier's call to make since he was looking at his hands and the ball and he was the one that came across to start the discussion.
He had a better look at it than anyone in the stands and I'm assuming he said it was a catch.

As for Jay's TD...
A girl from Whitley County tried to explain to me why the Touchdown was called incomplete.
She said it was because one of his knees was on the ground :|

Anyway....
did anyone notice this.
I thought the call was an illegal formation. In which case you can decline the penalty and take the result (or so it has been explained to me before). A false start or illegal shift those are not declineable and should be blown dead.
Russell Co. 1 Loss
Bell Co 1 Loss
Rockcastle Co 0 Losses

But the teams Whitley beat only combine for 4wins. At least that's what they said on the radio.
laker20 Wrote:Sounds to me like there's a few more Boston Bryant fans after watching the game (of course, there's still a few who are in denial because he's not a commodore). I don't jump on the bus of many opposing team's players, but Bryant is an exception for me. He'd be my second pick in an All-Mt team.

As far as the game itself goes, sounds like it was a great offensive showing with both defenses being completely demolished. I have to agree with the 2-pt attempt, I would have gone for it 99 times out of a 100 after the way the game had been played.

I also think that this game shows that the Rock-PCC game wasn't just a poor performance out of PCC.........Rock is just on a different level than these two teams.
Yeah, I totally have no argument here but I vividly disagree.
But Bryant is a monster. Best back I've seen this year besides Jude.
Bob Seger Wrote:Looks like PCC may have peaked in Week #1.

Possibly. Not ready to count this team out just yet, but PCC usually does peak early.
^
True, however PCC is 1 point better than Whitley, so wouldnt that amount to about the same.
If you think about it, i believe everyone on here would agree Bell would dominate PCC.
That leaves Rockcastle, who has already shut out PCC and a Russell Co team that i believe would do the same. They have played Rock the closest of anyone.
All in all, I think Whitley has the potential to be a top 10 mountain team.
I think if Whitley has there senior noseguard, PCC dont pass at will like they did a lot last night. He is by far our best pass rusher and would have gotten after Huff.

As ive said before, i would love to see this matchup again with both teams fully healthy.
Bryant is a different breed of football player, a lot like the ones we had back in the 90's.
If we had the speed weve had over the last 3 years, we'd be deadly.
colonel4life Wrote:I thought the call was an illegal formation. In which case you can decline the penalty and take the result (or so it has been explained to me before). A false start or illegal shift those are not declineable and should be blown dead.

It could have been an illegal formation...
I didn't catch it if it was.
The announcer said false start....
but you can't go by that.

I know for a fact they jumped early because I watched them do it but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what the flag was for.

The signals for false start and illegal formation are basically the same so it's possible that's what the call was for.
^
It was illegal formation
laker20 Wrote:It's not the same team, and all three of the losses are to teams that are simply better than anyone in Whitley's district except perhaps Da' Bears. Bell, Rock, and Russell are all Top 25 teams.
I was not meaning any disrespect to any of those teams, and I'm not saying Whitley would beat any of them now, but, they would be much more competitive.
True, however PCC is 1 point better than Whitley, so wouldnt that amount to about the same.
If you think about it, i believe everyone on here would agree Bell would dominate PCC.
That leaves Rockcastle, who has already shut out PCC and a Russell Co team that i believe would do the same. They have played Rock the closest of anyone.
All in all, I think Whitley has the potential to be a top 10 mountain team.
I think if Whitley has there senior noseguard, PCC dont pass at will like they did a lot last night. He is by far our best pass rusher and would have gotten after Huff.

As ive said before, i would love to see this matchup again with both teams fully healthy.
Bryant is a different breed of football player, a lot like the ones we had back in the 90's.
If we had the speed weve had over the last 3 years, we'd be deadly.

3 questions
Would you guys beat Prestonsburg?
Would you guys beat Johnson Central?
Would you guys beat Knox Central?

An extra one
Did you beat Perry Central?
Perry looked really soft last night.
They came out, got punched in the mouth, and laid down like they have for years.
:|
zaga_fan Wrote:It could have been an illegal formation...
I didn't catch it if it was.
The announcer said false start....
but you can't go by that.

I know for a fact they jumped early because I watched them do it but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what the flag was for.

The signals for false start and illegal formation are basically the same so it's possible that's what the call was for.

Zaga, the difference in the signals is if the Ref raises his hand before giving the signal. Hand raised signal is false start, just the false start signal ( travel in basketball) is illegal formation. The hand raised shows dead ball foul.
colonel4life Wrote:I was not meaning any disrespect to any of those teams, and I'm not saying Whitley would beat any of them now, but, they would be much more competitive.

No disrespect taken, and non intended towards the Colonels. I just meant that not only was it a young team at the beginning of the year, but they were facing some really good competition. Everyone assumed that Whitley was sub-par, and a lot of had to do with how good Rock, Russell, and Bell are. I always thought WC was much better than they were given credit for.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Zaga, the difference in the signals is if the Ref raises his hand before giving the signal. Hand raised signal is false start, just the false start signal ( travel in basketball) is illegal formation. The hand raised shows dead ball foul.

I know Smile
That's why I said "basically".
I was just saying I could have missed the signal because they are so similar.
Congrats Perry. Good game Whitley. Looks like this would have been a great game to attend.
Congrats PCC on a big district win, whitley played one hell of a game. it was defiantly a nail biter.

Good luck to the colonels on the rest of your season.. keep your heads up, you did good
This game gave me respect for both teams. Congratulations PC and Whitley Co, you played valiantly and earned loads of respect. Best wishes to both teams.
I guess I can move on to see how many Cougars I can make mad now.
^ That's Zaga's job.
Im taking over. We can be co hell raisers. I was playing nice until runitupthebutt started getting sensitive on me. All because I made fun of him saying labtop.
You can take this week and be a co-hellraiser against the Lady Cougars.

However...
you'll have to take a back seat the following week before we trek into the deep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky.

The Black Bears are all mine Smile
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next