•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Perry Central 10/7
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If Perry gets there passing game going early, it could be a long bus ride back to williamsburg for us
I agree with you guys, Whitley will have to focus on the pass rush and try and control the clock with long sustained drives.
PCC should win this game. But like someone said on the 1st page if its wet and rainy then pcc will struggle. PCC will have to realize when it rains and the field is wet you run the ball then throw it as needed.
Another week, another bad matchup for PCC. We will have to do a better job on both lines this week to win. If we can give Huff some time, we will score. Our defense will have to gang tackle and flow to the ball and not let their big fullback drag us all over the place. Forecast is saying sunny and 74 for Friday, crossing my fingers that is what it will be. I was insulted for asking a question like this last week (because it was SO IMPORTANT) but how big is Mr. Bryant? Is he a normal sized fullback or if he was hidden amongst the o-line would he fit in?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Another week, another bad matchup for PCC. We will have to do a better job on both lines this week to win. If we can give Huff some time, we will score. Our defense will have to gang tackle and flow to the ball and not let their big fullback drag us all over the place. Forecast is saying sunny and 74 for Friday, crossing my fingers that is what it will be. I was insulted for asking a question like this last week (because it was SO IMPORTANT) but how big is Mr. Bryant? Is he a normal sized fullback or if he was hidden amongst the o-line would he fit in?

He's probably 6'4" and 245-250. He could play either side of the line.
laker20 Wrote:He's probably 6'4" and 245-250. He could play either side of the line.

Good lord. That is a hosscat of a fullback.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Good lord. That is a hosscat of a fullback.
Yes, it is. I think their roster listed him @ 6'4" 260, but I think that's a bit much IMO. He may even be closer to 6'2", but he's not your typical FB. He's the kind of guy you sometimes see in the goal line offense, but he'll have 25+ touches during the game.

That's why I was saying that Matt is going to need a lot more help on this one. If Bryant makes it through the line clean he will hurt the guys in the secondary. He's the kind of kid that could point to the hole he's going through before the play and he'll get the same yardage regardless. Gang Tackling is a must....even with Robinson back there.
laker20 Wrote:Yes, it is. I think their roster listed him @ 6'4" 260, but I think that's a bit much IMO. He may even be closer to 6'2", but he's not your typical FB. He's the kind of guy you sometimes see in the goal line offense, but he'll have 25+ touches during the game.

That's why I was saying that Matt is going to need a lot more help on this one. If Bryant makes it through the line clean he will hurt the guys in the secondary. He's the kind of kid that could point to the hole he's going through before the play and he'll get the same yardage regardless. Gang Tackling is a must....even with Robinson back there.

Matt will still meet him head on in the hole and Matt definitely brings it when he goes, i've never seen him shy away from contact. I'm not going to say he's gonna flatten the Bryant kid cause that would be asinine to conclude but I do predict that their will be some major collisions next Friday between the 2. We have done a good job flowing to the football this year so the cavalry won't be far behind Matt, they will probably be needed.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Matt will still meet him head on in the hole and Matt definitely brings it when he goes, i've never seen him shy away from contact. I'm not going to say he's gonna flatten the Bryant kid cause that would be asinine to conclude but I do predict that their will be some major collisions next Friday between the 2. We have done a good job flowing to the football this year so the cavalry won't be far behind Matt, they will probably be needed.

Oh, I'm sure Matt won't back down, I just hope the help does show. PCC seems to have relied a bit heavy on Robinson's skills, and if they expect him to pull the weight this week, then he's going to have a long night. There will definitely be some heavy collisions.

If PCC establishes the passing game they can control this game. If they let Whitley get out in front, then the clock will tick by quickly.
i still dont think Whitley stands a chance. im not hating because whitley is a pretty damn good football team an all. i just dont think their defense is good enough to stop pcc. perry gets their revenge in a blowout.
idc how big thier full back is, but from what ive read he sounds like an all SEC running back.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:idc how big thier full back is, but from what ive read he sounds like an all SEC running back.
If the bit of talk about Bryant makes him sound like an all SEC running back, then the talk about Robinson makes him sound like an all Pro Lineback.

The big difference is that most of the comments about Bryant are coming from fans of other programs. Go back to our 2nd game and see what I had to say about him in that thread.

The truth is, there's a lot of kids like Robinson who play LB and just love to hit someone. He may have better natural instinct than a lot of them, but Bryant is an unusual back that you won't see often over the course of several years. No one saying that he can't be stopped, just that it takes team work. Go back and look at the threads from there games and see what there opposing fans have to say about him.
Quote:If the bit of talk about Bryant makes him sound like an all SEC running back, then the talk about Robinson makes him sound like an all Pro Lineback.

The big difference is that most of the comments about Bryant are coming from fans of other programs. Go back to our 2nd game and see what I had to say about him in that thread.

The truth is, there's a lot of kids like Robinson who play LB and just love to hit someone. He may have better natural instinct than a lot of them, but Bryant is an unusual back that you won't see often over the course of several years. No one saying that he can't be stopped, just that it takes team work. Go back and look at the threads from there games and see what there opposing fans have to say about him.

oh he is lol... hes being inducted into the nfl hall of fame this year also...
and just what do u mean by unusual now? wow he sure sounds like bad news. of course it takes team work, clearly no team wins games with one player unless your herschel walker then u might have a problem. my point is, yeah hes probably a big boy for his position. hes not that unusual. anybody can put a fast good sized lineman with good agility at full back an be hard to bring down.
perry couny in a close one
the Bryant Boy is 6'2" 250 with decent speed (4.8) but it will take more than Bryant to beat the Comodores.
Lets all remember this is still the same Perry Central team that Beat Pburg, Johnson Central @ Johnson Central, and Knox Co @ Clay, sure they came out flat against Rockcastle but what team doesn't have a bad game? Not saying we would have won but you didn't see the same Perry team that you saw the 1st 3 weeks. As for the game Friday, if Perry can come out aggressive and hit someone in the mouth and give Huff some time to throw I think they will come out on top by a comfortable margin, but if they come out and pussyfoot around like they did last Friday they will get blown out on there own field. Good luck to both teams and I hope you Whitley fans have a safe trip to APG!
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:oh he is lol... hes being inducted into the nfl hall of fame this year also...
and just what do u mean by unusual now? wow he sure sounds like bad news. of course it takes team work, clearly no team wins games with one player unless your herschel walker then u might have a problem. my point is, yeah hes probably a big boy for his position. hes not that unusual. anybody can put a fast good sized lineman with good agility at full back an be hard to bring down.

OK
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:oh he is lol... hes being inducted into the nfl hall of fame this year also...

This is true.
king360 Wrote:Lets all remember this is still the same Perry Central team that Beat Pburg, Johnson Central @ Johnson Central, and Knox Co @ Clay, sure they came out flat against Rockcastle but what team doesn't have a bad game? Not saying we would have won but you didn't see the same Perry team that you saw the 1st 3 weeks. As for the game Friday, if Perry can come out aggressive and hit someone in the mouth and give Huff some time to throw I think they will come out on top by a comfortable margin, but if they come out and pussyfoot around like they did last Friday they will get blown out on there own field. Good luck to both teams and I hope you Whitley fans have a safe trip to APG!

didn't you say the same thing again rock. we see how that game come out.
laker20 Wrote:He's probably 6'4" and 245-250. He could play either side of the line.

Thats honestly generous.
In truth, he is right at 6'3.
And BTW, add 20 pounds to 245 and youve got his weight lol.
Biggest dang ball carrier ive seen in a long time.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:i still dont think Whitley stands a chance. im not hating because whitley is a pretty damn good football team an all. i just dont think their defense is good enough to stop pcc. perry gets their revenge in a blowout.

It will not be a blowout.

And also, the kid was never a lineman. So saying you can take a lineman and turn him into a good fullback has nothing to do with him.
perry by nine
cj2561 Wrote:didn't you say the same thing again rock. we see how that game come out.

Trust me, Perry was no where near the top of there game against Rock
king360 Wrote:Trust me, Perry was no where near the top of there game against Rock

You reckon my post and comments put them in a funk against Rock??

Because if they did.....good.
6-1 245 He is a very hard nose player. He alone will not beat PCC. team effort
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You reckon my post and comments put them in a funk against Rock??

And I used to cheer for Whitley when they didn't play Perry too..I hope they don't win another game.lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You reckon my post and comments put them in a funk against Rock??

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It will not be a blowout.

And also, the kid was never a lineman. So saying you can take a lineman and turn him into a good fullback has nothing to do with him.

I would agree it will not be a blow out either way, It think this game will be closer than what either team would like but Whitley is getting better.

Boss Bryant was never a lineman but he could have played and been great, he could have played TE and been great, he is a fantastic LB, and maybe one of the smartest players I have had the pleasure of watching in 30+ years of watching high school football.
king360 Wrote:And I used to cheer for Whitley when they didn't play Perry too..I hope they don't win another game.lol

RIUTG doesn't like Perry? I'm utterly shocked, he hid it so well (not really). I have a lot I want to say, but i'll just agree with what King said.
king360 Wrote:Trust me, Perry was no where near the top of there game against Rock

how do u know if perry be on there game this firday. on paper perry is a better team. all it take is the other team having a better night.
cj2561 Wrote:how do u know if perry be on there game this firday. on paper perry is a better team. all it take is the other team having a better night.

I agree with this.
king360 Wrote:And I used to cheer for Whitley when they didn't play Perry too..I hope they don't win another game.lol

No you dont.
Your love for Whitley runs wild and you know it.
I bet you and tiger both wish you would have been Whitley fans for the last 3 years when these two teams have played Confusedhh:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next