Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who does the SEC take?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Why in the world would we not want a SEC rivalry in football that we can win.

The way it's looking right now I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Strikeout King Wrote:Courier Journal
The Cardinal Connect
onelicksportsnow
golouisvillecards

all of these sites have the same thing with SEC wanting Louisville, Now I do not know if they are big Loserville media outlets

Probably those other sites are using the same logic as the doofus in Atlanta. Meaning, no logic at all. I would say to all these idiots on those sites: name me ONE REASON why the SEC would want Louisville. There isn't one.

Really, I don't care if all those sites are reporting it or not, I still call BS on the idea of the SEC wanting Louisville. I am sure, however, that the U of L bigwigs would crawl all the way east over I-64 on broken glass to get into the SEC.

It's more likely that Louisville is trying to save face by floating the idea that the best conference in the land wanted the cards REAL BAD, and they would be invited if only those meanies down in Lexington didn't veto it. Kinda like a kid who doesn't get invited to prom, then tells everyone that the reason they didn't go is because their parents won't let them.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Courier Journal
The Cardinal Connect
onelicksportsnow
golouisvillecards

all of these sites have the same thing with SEC wanting Louisville, Now I do not know if they are big Loserville media outlets
The Courier-Journal is the only legitmate media outlet you listed. I read it everyday and I have yet to see anything about U of L going to SEC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Probably those other sites are using the same logic as the doofus in Atlanta. Meaning, no logic at all. I would say to all these idiots on those sites: name me ONE REASON why the SEC would want Louisville. There isn't one.

Really, I don't care if all those sites are reporting it or not, I still call BS on the idea of the SEC wanting Louisville. I am sure, however, that the U of L bigwigs would crawl all the way east over I-64 on broken glass to get into the SEC.

It's more likely that Louisville is trying to save face by floating the idea that the best conference in the land wanted the cards REAL BAD, and they would be invited if only those meanies down in Lexington didn't veto it. Kinda like a kid who doesn't get invited to prom, then tells everyone that the reason they didn't go is because their parents won't let them.
According to the C-J and what I have seen in the news, U of L officials are stating that they are wanting to stay in the Big East.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:According to the C-J and what I have seen in the news, U of L officials are stating that they are wanting to stay in the Big East.

Probably because they got the, "Thanks, but no thanks." Response like their Big East bretheren West Virginia received.
Big 12 Commissioner is suppose to step down with that being the case the Big 12 will probably remain in tact and Louisville will probably go there (or at least that's what I've read). East Carolina has applied to join the Big East
With the PAC-12 expanding no further, I assume that means Texas and Oklahoma won't be moving anywhere. I could see Louisville filling in for Missouri in the Big 12 or 10 or 9 or whatever they become.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:With the PAC-12 expanding no further, I assume that means Texas and Oklahoma won't be moving anywhere. I could see Louisville filling in for Missouri in the Big 12 or 10 or 9 or whatever they become.
I did read in the newspaper this morning about rumors that the Big 12 is interested in Louisville joining the confernce.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
geauxtigers75 Wrote:The way it's looking right now I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Louisville wins one game and everyone thinks they are gonna dominate us for the next 30 years.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Louisville wins one game and everyone thinks they are gonna dominate us for the next 30 years.

Not quite, I just think that if Charlie Strong decides to stay there on a long term basis his recruiting prowess and experience will make defeating Louisville a much more arduous task than what it has been in the past.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Not quite, I just think that if Charlie Strong decides to stay there on a long term basis his recruiting prowess and experience will make defeating Louisville a much more arduous task than what it has been in the past.

Somebody will take him from them.
Jarons Wrote:According to the C-J and what I have seen in the news, U of L officials are stating that they are wanting to stay in the Big East.

If anyone believes that line, I've got some oceanfront property in Pike County to sell them...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Big 12 Commissioner is suppose to step down with that being the case the Big 12 will probably remain in tact and Louisville will probably go there (or at least that's what I've read). East Carolina has applied to join the Big East

Now, this, I might buy. With Texas A&M leaving, the Big 12 will need one more team to get back to 10. Louisville would be an option for them because it would get them into a new state (although I would argue that most of the TV sets in this state would be tuned to the Cats, not the Cards). Other good options for the Big 12 would be BYU or Air Force.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]