•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle @ Perry Central 9/23
PCC will win this game (if they do) the same way they beat Knox - with a QB who can throw stikes when it matters. Most moutain teams run on 1st, try something on 2nd and end of predictably throwing on 3rd and 7. PCC throws it on any down and gets completions in tough spots. (They can also muff a snap on 4th and 21 and run for a 1st while your defense takes a nap... LOL).

Rock has one shot to win and that bullet is named Rowe. The o-line for Rock is excellent and Rowe is a monster. If the offensive line for Rock can figure a way to get a body in front of Robinson Rowe could have a 200 yard game. But that is a tall order. Robinson is the most elusive linebacker I have seen in HS football. He reads, evades, and pursues with amazing speed and aggression.

My pick in this game: whoever scores one more point... LOL. I like both teams.
Football1 Wrote:PCC will win this game (if they do) the same way they beat Knox - with a QB who can throw stikes when it matters. Most moutain teams run on 1st, try something on 2nd and end of predictably throwing on 3rd and 7. PCC throws it on any down and gets completions in tough spots. (They can also muff a snap on 4th and 21 and run for a 1st while your defense takes a nap... LOL).

Rock has one shot to win and that bullet is named Rowe. The o-line for Rock is excellent and Rowe is a monster. If the offensive line for Rock can figure a way to get a body in front of Robinson Rowe could have a 200 yard game. But that is a tall order. Robinson is the most elusive linebacker I have seen in HS football. He reads, evades, and pursues with amazing speed and aggression.

You summed up what I've seen exactly. PCC has been dangerous on offense because of their QB's ability to move out of the pocket and run or throw catchable balls, and the receivers have played exceptional. If you over pursue, he becomes more dangerous.

But I don't think they've seen the kind of blocking that Rock will bring with their run game. It will be a great game no matter who wins
LWC Wrote:Most rosters that are made public only list grade, name and number. I have never seen one released to the public, in high school football, with height and weight.

I'm not sure how long you've followed high school football but in my short time I have seen several,several rosters with height and weight listed. It's not like it's top secret information.
Quote:Most rosters that are made public only list grade, name and number. I have never seen one released to the public, in high school football, with height and weight.

yeah bro you've must not seen to many rosters then lol
Quote:PCC will win this game (if they do) the same way they beat Knox - with a QB who can throw stikes when it matters. Most moutain teams run on 1st, try something on 2nd and end of predictably throwing on 3rd and 7. PCC throws it on any down and gets completions in tough spots. (They can also muff a snap on 4th and 21 and run for a 1st while your defense takes a nap... LOL).

:notbad:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I'm not sure how long you've followed high school football but in my short time I have seen several,several rosters with height and weight listed. It's not like it's top secret information.

I don't think Arm-Chair coaches are entitled to rosters....LOL
Dont know how accurate this is but here you go... height and weight. Perrys roster..

# NAME POS YR HT WT
? Jeffrey Young WR, Fr. 5-10 145
1 Jay White WR,LB Sr. 6-2 180
2 Austin Pray WR,S Jr. 6-2 170
3 Devin Turner S,FB Sr. 5-9 190
4 Darryl Beatty WR,DB Jr. 5-10 155
5 John Sizemore RB,S Jr. 5-6 180
6 Tyler Fugate DB,RB So. 6-0 175
7 Nathan Pray CB,WR Fr. 5-6 130
8 Bryan Rankin TB,CB Sr. 5-11 190
9 Thomas Mcclain DL,TE Jr. 6-5 195
10 Robert Mcclain DE,QB Jr. 6-5 190
11 Kyle Huff QB,S Sr. 6-3 185
12 Brandon Porter DB,K Sr. 5-11 180
14 Josh Garry SS,QB,TE Fr. 6-3 190
15 Justin Cornett DB,WR Sr. 5-10 165
20 Daniel Messer LB Jr. 5-10 205
22 Tyler North CB So. 5-7 135
24 Matt Robinson LB,TB,FB Sr. 6-1 235
29 Devan Brewer RB,S So. 6-1 190
40 Kegan Robinson LB,RB Jr. 5-10 185
52 Chase Lewis OL Jr. 6-2 230
55 Cody Hollon OL,LB,DL Sr. 5-10 235
56 Cody Brewer OL,DL Sr. 5-10 225
60 Austin Smith OL So. 5-4 200
61 Jared Deaton DL,OL Sr. 6-2 275
62 Jarrett Foutch DL Jr. 6-0 250
64 Derrick Luttrell OL,DL Jr. 6-0 240
65 Nathan Combs OC Sr. 6-4 315
67 Darian Couch DT,OL Jr. 6-2 250
69 Jonathan Begley DL Sr. 6-1 265
71 Justin Deaton DL Jr. 5-10 200
73 Dustin Frazier DL,OL So. 5-10 235
79 Austin Osborne DT,OL Jr. 5-11 255
82 Austin Burkhead DB Jr. 5-11 185
83 Patrick Coots DB,WR Jr. 5-7 130
88 Jordan Burgett DB,WR Jr. 5-10 195
Good job kid, now there is no way PCC will beat Rock now that they have access to the roster.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Good job kid, now there is no way PCC will beat Rock now that they have access to the roster.

:biglmao:
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Does the thread title say "Perry Central 35, Prestonsburg 34". No. It don't. Talk about the PCC-Rock game, or dont talk at all.

is that the only thing you have to say about that.
^Thats all that needs to be said.
laker20 Wrote:He's going to need one in this game!

I think Rock is going to pull this one out by a TD or so. Here's the way I see it:

Perry: They've been consistently strong on D vs the pass, but not so much against the run (other than the JC game). The offense comes primarily from their very good passing game.

Rock: The D has been solid against pass and run. The offense feeds off of a solid ground game, but has been improving on the pass each week.

Rock may or may not be the best team Perry has faced all year, but I think they will definitely be the hardest team to match up with. I don't think Perry Central will be able to consistently stop Rock's running game.

Rock 35
Perry Central 27

Who have they played there there D shouldn't be solid? It should be amazing with the teams they have played!
laker20 Wrote:He's going to need one in this game!

I think Rock is going to pull this one out by a TD or so. Here's the way I see it:

Perry: They've been consistently strong on D vs the pass, but not so much against the run (other than the JC game). The offense comes primarily from their very good passing game.

Rock: The D has been solid against pass and run. The offense feeds off of a solid ground game, but has been improving on the pass each week.

Rock may or may not be the best team Perry has faced all year, but I think they will definitely be the hardest team to match up with. I don't think Perry Central will be able to consistently stop Rock's running game.

Rock 35
Perry Central 27

Legendary Wrote:Who have they played there there D shouldn't be solid? It should be amazing with the teams they have played!

:Thumbs:
cj2561 Wrote:is that the only thing you have to say about that.

As King360 said, that's all that needed to be said. Buddy, you can't change the past by whining about it. If that was the case, i'd still be whining about PCC/Hazard a few years ago.
Go ahead and have your fun about the roster-thing, I have seen coaches that will not post anything on KHSAA OR trade tapes. Call me crazy, but I have seen it.

What is even funnier is the stories I hear about coaches telling fans not to post certain things on forums, like what they think a persons 40 time is, how long they practiced that day, how many scrimmages they have had, if someone is hurt or not, rosters, stats, etc.... You would seriously laugh about some of the stuff that I have either heard first hand or from very reliable sources.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No my son is not freshman he jr and i have friend son soph. so thats not it even if its scrub time get it right.. how hard is it to get it right....
Pcc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Getchapull Wrote:No my son is not freshman he jr and i have friend son soph. so thats not it even if its scrub time get it right.. how hard is it to get it right....
My son is a freshman and hell im just glad he plays yes he is talented and got potential but who cares about stats not unless they starting varsity? the win is most important stat
The ROCK wins in a close one 28-21
laker20 Wrote:I don't think Arm-Chair coaches are entitled to rosters....LOL

:okay:
LOLOL!!!!.....Your right, posting someones height and weight would make it 150% easier to game plan since it is TOP SEEKRET INFARMASHUN and I just wondered how big their front 5 was, not the whole damn team. But that's okay. I'll just leave it at that and be done with it since I enjoy my posting privileges.
Getchapull Wrote:So is the Rock going have beat the refs n Perry

another idiot!:lame:
Rosters heighth and weight cant measure heart and determination
LWC Wrote:Go ahead and have your fun about the roster-thing, I have seen coaches that will not post anything on KHSAA OR trade tapes. Call me crazy, but I have seen it.

What is even funnier is the stories I hear about coaches telling fans not to post certain things on forums, like what they think a persons 40 time is, how long they practiced that day, how many scrimmages they have had, if someone is hurt or not, rosters, stats, etc.... You would seriously laugh about some of the stuff that I have either heard first hand or from very reliable sources.

I've seen it too, i've seen tapes where certain plays or an entire series is edited out, but it isn't too prevalent.
Quote:Good job kid, now there is no way PCC will beat Rock now that they have access to the roster.

:biglmao:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I've seen it too, i've seen tapes where certain plays or an entire series is edited out, but it isn't too prevalent.

WOW! lol. And so many people wonder why many high school coaches fail as college coaches...."Oh no! They saw my team play because the game film leaked, even though EVERY team sends scouts to my games" :lmaolarge:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys are underestimating the Rock.
I think they'll pull this out by a TD.
Already 110 posts and its just Monday.
Quote:Go ahead and have your fun about the roster-thing, I have seen coaches that will not post anything on KHSAA OR trade tapes. Call me crazy, but I have seen it.

actually if rocks coaches even hand out scout reports at all, all of that information would be right there in that scout report right a long with plays and everything else. hell maybe even what they had for dinner that day lol who knows. seriously though none of it is top secrete.
Legendary Wrote:Who have they played there there D shouldn't be solid? It should be amazing with the teams they have played!

They held Sheldon Clark scoreless. That's something Perry, Pburg, or Pikeville couldn't do. They also held Pulaski Co to 13, and Pulaski has a pretty good offense that was able to put 20 up against Somerset.
the ROCKS defensive production has been outstanding this year with turnovers
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next