Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Mountain teams after week 4
After this year Haywood will be the win-ingest coach in KY history and no one should disparage that. As for the BS about who is king of the mountains time will tel. I look for a repeat of last years final with a totally different outcome. Not saying Belfry will destroy Central but it will not be the same as last year. Hear is hopping to see a Bell Belfry match up in the semis. My money is on Belfry.:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Sorry meant Finals
i like how every body is got breathitt outside of top 5 all there games have been won by over 40 points besides 1
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Keep wishing.
You may just shit gold instead of getting robbed like everyone else.
Belfry is a good football team there is no doubt.
But I would bet you any money that Bell and Harlan Co. would both have a rather easy time defeating Belfry.
And the fact that you agree with the other poster makes you look just like him.To say Trinity is the only team that could beat Belfry by 14+ is just plain out dumb.
Your telling me that Highlands, Boyle, John Hardin, Bowling Green or Lex Cath wouldnt smoke Belfry? Cmon, nobody is that stupid.

Apparently with all your infinite wisdom of high school football came a lack of reading comprehension!!! Where did I agree with the poster that said no one outside of Trinity would beat Belfry by 14+? I guess I would rather shit gold than spew some of the shit that comes out your mouth when it comes to "knowing" high school football. People making their own polls and pretending to be some sort of football genius are a dime a dozen on sites like these and you, my friend, just rose to the top of those retards. Quit acting like you're all high and mighty and the omnipotent one when it comes to high school football, your stupidity its starting to wear thin around here.
wooderson Wrote:Apparently with all your infinite wisdom of high school football came a lack of reading comprehension!!! Where did I agree with the poster that said no one outside of Trinity would beat Belfry by 14+? I guess I would rather shit gold than spew some of the shit that comes out your mouth when it comes to "knowing" high school football. People making their own polls and pretending to be some sort of football genius are a dime a dozen on sites like these and you, my friend, just rose to the top of those retards. Quit acting like you're all high and mighty and the omnipotent one when it comes to high school football, your stupidity its starting to wear thin around here.

Im not even going to respond to this because i know where your going with this and im not getting personal.
Take a chill pill. If you get this worked up than you might as well forget about your blood pressure. Its a DISCUSSION forum. Thats what we do, if you cant take the criticism, you dont need to be here. Youll get eat alive by some of these guys, especially as soon as Belfry loses.
Im not going to respond to this one or any other of your post.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not even going to respond to this because i know where your going with this and im not getting personal.
Take a chill pill. If you get this worked up than you might as well forget about your blood pressure. Its a DISCUSSION forum. Thats what we do, if you cant take the criticism, you dont need to be here. Youll get eat alive by some of these guys, especially as soon as Belfry loses.
Im not going to respond to this one or any other of your post.

Exactly!!! Just start believing what you're saying then. You threw out your opinion on Belfry getting "smoked" by at least 2 mountain teams and were called out on it by a few posters and took the low road with a comment about me "shitting gold". Its a DISCUSSION forum, thats what WE do and if you cant take the criticism, YOU dont need to be here. It goes both ways. You can check my posts and see that Im not a dreamer when it comes to Belfry football, I understand their limitations. I very seldom get upset by anyones posts but when I read something completely stupid I will call that poster out. Im a big boy,probably watched more years of high school football than you've been alive(all 28-29 years), and been apart of this site for 5 years and the "other" site for 8 years and Ive never been "eaten" alive by anyone on here after a Belfry loss, mainly due to fact that Im not like the few who tend to spill their school colors all over anyone who will read/listen to them. Apparently you are trying to make a name for yourself with your statewide polls, mountain top ten and predictions for reasons that may lead to something down the road but let me WARN you.......If you are going to put yourself out there and claim football knowledge with this extra curricular activity then at least be ready for some hard rebuttals from time to time. And since you arent responding to anymore of my posts, have a good day.
SEKentucky Wrote:HARLAN COUNTY is King of the Mountain until someone beats them.

Really? Bell ripped you guys a new one two consecutive years and you say that really believing it? What makes you think this year is different? Bell has a heck of a backfield, Davenport and his speed & elusiveness is enough to worry about, then you add in Polly with his mixture of speed and hard nosed running, then Collett's speed. Not to mention Oslonian has quite a bit of speed and looks better each week throwing the ball and managing the offense. The Defense has made major leaps each week. What makes you think HC is gonna beat Bell? I'm not seeing anything from them that I've not saw in the past.
wooderson Wrote:Exactly!!! Just start believing what you're saying then. You threw out your opinion on Belfry getting "smoked" by at least 2 mountain teams and were called out on it by a few posters and took the low road with a comment about me "shitting gold". Its a DISCUSSION forum, thats what WE do and if you cant take the criticism, YOU dont need to be here. It goes both ways. You can check my posts and see that Im not a dreamer when it comes to Belfry football, I understand their limitations. I very seldom get upset by anyones posts but when I read something completely stupid I will call that poster out. Im a big boy,probably watched more years of high school football than you've been alive(all 28-29 years), and been apart of this site for 5 years and the "other" site for 8 years and Ive never been "eaten" alive by anyone on here after a Belfry loss, mainly due to fact that Im not like the few who tend to spill their school colors all over anyone who will read/listen to them. Apparently you are trying to make a name for yourself with your statewide polls, mountain top ten and predictions for reasons that may lead to something down the road but let me WARN you.......If you are going to put yourself out there and claim football knowledge with this extra curricular activity then at least be ready for some hard rebuttals from time to time. And since you arent responding to anymore of my posts, have a good day.

sheesh, you seem to have got awfully offended by his opinion, and one comment. I don't think all the derogatory things you said to him really constitutes a discussion, or seems like anyone who is over the age of 15.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:sheesh, you seem to have got awfully offended by his opinion, and one comment. I don't think all the derogatory things you said to him really constitutes a discussion, or seems like anyone who is over the age of 15.

Thank you so much for the compliment:Clap:. I was starting to feel like I was looking my age and then you go and melt my heart telling me I still have the qualities of a adolescent. God Bless You, LOL. And BTW, a discussion may have broke out if I wasnt grouped into the "not getting out of Pikeville and watching any other teams" comment or the "shitting gold" comment. Im able to converse high school football with anyone but Im not one to take kindly to childish jabs by someone who in no way is an expert.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Really? Bell ripped you guys a new one two consecutive years and you say that really believing it? What makes you think this year is different? Bell has a heck of a backfield, Davenport and his speed & elusiveness is enough to worry about, then you add in Polly with his mixture of speed and hard nosed running, then Collett's speed. Not to mention Oslonian has quite a bit of speed and looks better each week throwing the ball and managing the offense. The Defense has made major leaps each week. What makes you think HC is gonna beat Bell? I'm not seeing anything from them that I've not saw in the past.

You can talk about previous years all you want this is a new year. Harlan has a heck of a backfield and quarterback also. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF WHAT YOU NOT SEEN IN THE PAST ON Oct 28th a big LOST to a Mountain Team.

Harlan County KING OF THE MOUNTAINS...
SEKentucky Wrote:You can talk about previous years all you want this is a new year. Harlan has a heck of a backfield and quarterback also. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF WHAT YOU NOT SEEN IN THE PAST ON Oct 28th a big LOST to a Mountain Team.

Harlan County KING OF THE MOUNTAINS...

Unless Brewer transformed into kyle bolin over the past few months I'm not worried about a qb. Mcmillian and Middleton is the only two on offense I'd really be worried about. Positive by the time Oct rolls around our defense will be more than capable :Thumbs:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Unless Brewer transformed into kyle bolin over the past few months I'm not worried about a qb. Mcmillian and Middleton is the only two on offense I'd really be worried about. Positive by the time Oct rolls around our defense will be more than capable :Thumbs:

If Kyle and his crew would have traveled another 30 miles up 119 Harlan County would have shown them how to play mountain football, and sent them back to the city with a loss. After Harlan County beats Bell this year I doubt they will schedule them anymore also.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not on mine. I never had them ranked tha high.
I know what happens to 1A schools whent hey move up in competetion.
Its usually pretty ugly.

Hazard beat 2 5A schools last year.
And one of them was Clay County and they stayed in the top 10 all year.
SEKentucky Wrote:If Kyle and his crew would have traveled another 30 miles up 119 Harlan County would have shown them how to play mountain football, and sent them back to the city with a loss. After Harlan County beats Bell this year I doubt they will schedule them anymore also.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn

K.
wooderson Wrote:Exactly!!! Just start believing what you're saying then. You threw out your opinion on Belfry getting "smoked" by at least 2 mountain teams and were called out on it by a few posters and took the low road with a comment about me "shitting gold". Its a DISCUSSION forum, thats what WE do and if you cant take the criticism, YOU dont need to be here. It goes both ways. You can check my posts and see that Im not a dreamer when it comes to Belfry football, I understand their limitations. I very seldom get upset by anyones posts but when I read something completely stupid I will call that poster out. Im a big boy,probably watched more years of high school football than you've been alive(all 28-29 years), and been apart of this site for 5 years and the "other" site for 8 years and Ive never been "eaten" alive by anyone on here after a Belfry loss, mainly due to fact that Im not like the few who tend to spill their school colors all over anyone who will read/listen to them. Apparently you are trying to make a name for yourself with your statewide polls, mountain top ten and predictions for reasons that may lead to something down the road but let me WARN you.......If you are going to put yourself out there and claim football knowledge with this extra curricular activity then at least be ready for some hard rebuttals from time to time. And since you arent responding to anymore of my posts, have a good day.

LOL at this^
wooderson Wrote:Thank you so much for the compliment:Clap:. I was starting to feel like I was looking my age and then you go and melt my heart telling me I still have the qualities of a adolescent. God Bless You, LOL. And BTW, a discussion may have broke out if I wasnt grouped into the "not getting out of Pikeville and watching any other teams" comment or the "shitting gold" comment. Im able to converse high school football with anyone but Im not one to take kindly to childish jabs by someone who in no way is an expert.

And LMAO at this ^
Seems im not the one who "cant take it"
Since I basically steered this train down a different track with my devil's advocate post, here's my take:

1. I feel as if I have established a pretty good track record on here, and most know that I am extremely objective when it comes to evaluating Belfry and making "predictions". I never once said Belfry deserved to be ranked ahead of Bell or HCHS, all I simply did was give the reasoning why an argument could be made to the HCHS fan who seemingly was shocked and appalled that HCHS was ranked behind Belfry in someone's poll,,,, an argument which is hypothetical in nature, but still has not been disproved.

2. In my personal opinion, after watching all 3 teams play early season games against Lexington 6A schools (Lafayette being the best, Henry Clay the 2nd best, and Dunbar the 3rd best IMO), I feel all three are VERY close to each other. It is my personal opinion that Bell is the best all around team at this point. They have the most dynamic player, they have the best mix of size and speed, and they have played the toughest schedule and was very close to defeating a very good LexCath team.

3. Harlan and Belfry are mirror images and I would literally consider a matchup a tossup. Belfry's advantages come from being better battle tested against a more difficult schedule against more dynamic teams, I also feel Belfry's offense has a very slight advantage although both teams as I said are almost identical offensively. Harlan County, IMO, is the slightest of favorite though because their defense seems to be further advanced then a Belfry team who continues to improve.

4. All things considered and all 3 teams bring their A-game...no way either team "smokes Belfry" and I am adamant about that. To further insinuate people need to get out of Pikeville is a bold slap in the face and unfounded IMO. Over the past decade Belfry has had 3 or 4 teams that have been amongst the state's elite by November... this team is making progress towards being another one and is already playing to the level of last year's Runner-Up who peaked in the playoffs. In a hypothetical matchup with real world conditions and errors could both teams beat Belfry by 14? Yes, it could happen just as well as Belfry defeating either team by 14 if the breaks don't go their way.
I'm sorry, but what has Harlan County done to make anyone outside of Harlan a believer?

I'm not doubting the Black Bears, but who have they beaten in the past two years to make them worthy of the top spot in the Mountains?

Both Belfry & Bell County have played up in competition and class and they've proved theirselves countless times in the past and this season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry, but what has Harlan County done to make anyone outside of Harlan a believer?

I'm not doubting the Black Bears, but who have they beaten in the past two years to make them worthy of the top spot in the Mountains?

Both Belfry & Bell County have played up in competition and class and they've proved theirselves countless times in the past and this season.

Ask around over there about why they are not playing P'burg.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Belfry is good, but I would be surprised if they were within 14 points of Harlan County this season.

:thatsfunn:hilarious:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:LOL at this^

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And LMAO at this ^
Seems im not the one who "cant take it"

I guess it's enlightening to at least get a chuckle from you, considering you were no longer going to reply to ANY of my posts.Confusedhh: My point, along with many others on here, is that your comment about Belfry getting smoked by Bell and Harlan is completely insane. And the bad part about it is that YOU "consider" yourself an expert in this field. I'll leave it at this......Bell Co. is without a doubt the #1 team in the mountains, rightfully so. They've earned every accolade mentioned on this forum but the talk of them not losing to a mountain team in 5+ years is a little misconceiving. Belfry could have played with and possibly beaten Bell at various points in the last 5 years so the undefeated mountain streak doesnt hold water with me. Thats my opinion and I feel very strongly about it. Does it take anything away from Bell's past or future success? NO, not in my mind. As for Harlan Co. Im still a non-believer. I guess the proof is in the pudding and we will see by the end of the year and until they prove they can dominant on a consistent basis(like the Bells and Belfrys) I still see them as no better than 3rd in the mountains.
Bell County should be at number 1
Yogibear Wrote:Ask around over there about why they are not playing P'burg.

I was simply looking for a logical answer to my question, so I don't see what Prestonsburg has to do with this.

Anyhow, Prestonsburg playing Harlan County would still mean that Harlan County is still playing down in class. Harlan County would probably beat Prestonsburg this year because they're bigger and it would eventually wear on our linemen toward the end of the game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I was simply looking for a logical answer to my question, so I don't see what Prestonsburg has to do with this.

Anyhow, Prestonsburg playing Harlan County would still mean that Harlan County is still playing down in class. Harlan County would probably beat Prestonsburg this year because they're bigger and it would eventually wear on our linemen toward the end of the game.

I just don't understand who everyone wants them to play. Teams can't make 4 hour trips every weekend. School systems are struggling with transport costs anyway. When you call everyone within reasonable distance and no one agrees to play, what do you do?
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Belfry is good, but I would be surprised if they were within 14 points of Harlan County this season.
dude really you dont know what your saying.go watch belfry then reply.
Yogibear Wrote:I just don't understand who everyone wants them to play. Teams can't make 4 hour trips every weekend. School systems are struggling with transport costs anyway. When you call everyone within reasonable distance and no one agrees to play, what do you do?
who would want to go to harlan anyways.aint that like in another country or something.
SEKentucky Wrote:HARLAN COUNTY is King of the Mountain until someone beats them.
This is the funniest thing i have read. Harlan Co hasn't done crap and if they go undefeated they still want be king of the mtns.
wooderson Wrote:I guess it's enlightening to at least get a chuckle from you, considering you were no longer going to reply to ANY of my posts.Confusedhh: My point, along with many others on here, is that your comment about Belfry getting smoked by Bell and Harlan is completely insane. And the bad part about it is that YOU "consider" yourself an expert in this field. I'll leave it at this......Bell Co. is without a doubt the #1 team in the mountains, rightfully so. They've earned every accolade mentioned on this forum but the talk of them not losing to a mountain team in 5+ years is a little misconceiving. Belfry could have played with and possibly beaten Bell at various points in the last 5 years so the undefeated mountain streak doesnt hold water with me. Thats my opinion and I feel very strongly about it. Does it take anything away from Bell's past or future success? NO, not in my mind. As for Harlan Co. Im still a non-believer. I guess the proof is in the pudding and we will see by the end of the year and until they prove they can dominant on a consistent basis(like the Bells and Belfrys) I still see them as no better than 3rd in the mountains.

Oh quit,, your making me blush
:Sad04:
....... Dude, are you for real? Yeah, it is in another county, not another country, and they are a good team. Good enough to beat Belfry this year? I don't know about that, but they are a good team. If you were being sarcastic, nevermind.

:hilarious:

p burg hero Wrote:who would want to go to harlan anyways.aint that like in another country or something.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sorry, but what has Harlan County done to make anyone outside of Harlan a believer?

I would say a state semifinal appearance in just three years as a school is a good reason for people to believe in Harlan County.

As for who they have beaten, I would say Pulaski County, Letcher Central, Perry Central, Whitley County, Southwestern and Clay County is a pretty impressive list.

To say Harlan County should play up makes no sense, as they can't play up against any team in southeastern Kentucky.