5. Somerset
6. Breathitt
7. Johnson Central
8. Knox
9. Rockcastle
10. Powell

:rockon::rockon:
Hazard is still top 10 lol
Belfry might have a case to be higher. Back to back impressive wins.

1. Bell
2. Harlan Co
3.Belfry
4. PCC
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Rockcastle Co
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard
And Belfry is also ahead of Perry right now.
zaga_fan Wrote:Hazard is still top 10 lol

i know right.. Hazard just lost the first game in 2 seasons too a team also in the top 10
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry might have a case to be higher. Back to back impressive wins.

1. Bell
2. Harlan Co
3.Belfry
4. PCC
5. Somerset
6. Johnson Central
7. Rockcastle Co
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard

I agree. I would actually have it as:

1. Bell
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. PCC
5. Rockcastle
6. Somerset
7. Johnson Central
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard
PHSForever Wrote:I agree. I would actually have it as:

1. Bell
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. PCC
5. Rockcastle
6. Somerset
7. Johnson Central
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard

Black Bears at #3?..
king360 Wrote:Black Bears at #3?..
Yes. As good as they (Harlan Co) are, Belfry is unreal. Don't know if Harlan Co. could beat them. Seriously, they are that good this year. Not taking anything away from Harlan Co. at all, it is just my opinion.
PHSForever Wrote:Yes. As good as they (Harlan Co) are, Belfry is unreal. Don't know if Harlan Co. could beat them. Seriously, they are that good this year. Not taking anything away from Harlan Co. at all, it is just my opinion.

I beg to differ.lol
PHSForever Wrote:Yes. As good as they (Harlan Co) are, Belfry is unreal. Don't know if Harlan Co. could beat them. Seriously, they are that good this year. Not taking anything away from Harlan Co. at all, it is just my opinion.

Belfry is good, but I would be surprised if they were within 14 points of Harlan County this season.
1) Harlan Co.
2)Belfry
3)Bell Co.
4)Perry Co.
5)Johnson Central
6)Somerset
7)Rockcastle Co.
8)Knox Central
9)Pike Co. central
10)Prestonsburg
1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle Co.
5. Perry County Central
6. Somerset
7. Knox Central
8. Breathitt Co.
9. Johnson Central
10.Hazard
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Belfry is good, but I would be surprised if they were within 14 points of Harlan County this season.

Agreed. Maybe more than 14.
1. Harlan County
2. Bell County
3. Perry County
4. Belfry
5. Breathitt County
6. Rockcastle County
7. Somerset
8. Johnson Central
9. Knox Central
10. Prestonsburg or Hazard
PHSForever Wrote:I agree. I would actually have it as:

1. Bell
2. Belfry
3. Harlan Co.
4. PCC
5. Rockcastle
6. Somerset
7. Johnson Central
8. Knox Central
9. Breathitt
10. Hazard

how can u put harlan at #3??
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle Co.
5. Perry County Central
6. Somerset
7. Knox Central
8. Breathitt Co.
9. Johnson Central
10.Hazard

Switch 9 & 10 and you're there.
1. Bell County
1a. Harlan County
3. Perry County
4. Belfry
5. Johnson Central
6. Breathitt County
7. Rockcastle County
8. Knox Central
9. Somerset
10. Prestonsburg
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:how can u put harlan at #3??
It's called having an opinion, guys. Chill out. Good lord, not like I killed anyone. They've beaten 2 out of state teams and one not very good Dunbar team. To date, Belfry has beaten Harrison Co (not very good), Henry Clay (who played Bowling Green halfway decent), and Prestonsburg (who had Perry Central on the ropes). Until I see Harlan County's results against tougher Kentucky opponents (Gate City and Hamblen would be beaten by Pburg and Henry Clay, don't know about Harrison Co), I just chose to rank them 3rd.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:how can u put harlan at #3??

Just for fun, I'll be your huckleberry.

As you can see above I have Belfry at #2 behind HC, but I am curious why Black Bear fans seem to think there is a world of difference between the two teams.

We have several justifiable reasons why Belfry could be ranked ahead of HC:

1) In the spirit of "Grandfathering" in your position, Belfry played later than Harlan County last year as one of only two mountain teams to reach the State Finals, thus finishing higher in the Final Mountain Top 10. Belfry is 3-0 and has defeated a fellow Mountain Top 10 team. By the theory of only dropping when you lose, Belfry certainly deserves the higher seed.

2) Belfry played "up" in class in their first two games defeating 4A Harrison County, 6A Henry Clay, their third game was on the road at a very good Pburg team. Though I personally think Henry Clay is considerably better than Dunbar, we will consider those opponents a "wash" since both Lexington schools are winless. Harrison County and Mo-East cancel each other out. In my personal opinion Pburg would take Gate City to the woodshed, but for the sake of argument we will consider both road wins a "wash" as well. So we have similar wins, in similar dominating fashion, against similar teams. The difference is the fact Belfry has done this above their class level for the most part, whereas Harlan has more or less "played down" as a 5A school.

3) As I make this point, keep in mind I am just playing Devil's Advocate, this isn't actually my personal feelings: Traditional Ranking. Belfry has been the premier Mountain Program over the past decade with a track record even the mighty Bell County fanbase has to bow down to. The Pirates have established a consistency that results with them finishing in the Top 3 spots in the Final poll essentially every year, Harlan County...and subsequently the schools that fed into HCHS..have not. Does this conclude Belfry is the better team and will have the better season? No. Does this stand to reason that a Belfry team, who seems to be the favorite to represent the Eastern Semi-State in 3A, will once again be playing late in November while other programs faulter along the way? Probably. Should a ranking of the top 10 pay homage to tradition and trends? Maybe. If so, Belfry certainly makes an argument that as long as they win they deserve to be ahead of programs who have not experienced such past success... YET (I am pulling for you HCHS)
1. Bell co
2. Belfry
3. Perry Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Rockcastle Co.

Noway, I also beg to differ. I don't like Harlan Co, at all. But they have a damn good team. IMO they have a great shot to beat Bell Co this year and validate their ranking.
redstorm Wrote:1. Bell co
2. Belfry
3. Perry Central
4. Harlan Co.
5. Rockcastle Co.

really????????
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Harlan County
3. Belfry
4. Rockcastle Co.
5. Perry County Central
6. Somerset
7. Knox Central
8. Breathitt Co.
9. Johnson Central
10.Hazard
Has Rockcastle Co played any better competition yet?
PHSForever Wrote:It's called having an opinion, guys. Chill out. Good lord, not like I killed anyone. They've beaten 2 out of state teams and one not very good Dunbar team. To date, Belfry has beaten Harrison Co (not very good), Henry Clay (who played Bowling Green halfway decent), and Prestonsburg (who had Perry Central on the ropes). Until I see Harlan County's results against tougher Kentucky opponents (Gate City and Hamblen would be beaten by Pburg and Henry Clay, don't know about Harrison Co), I just chose to rank them 3rd.

Alright, I see your logic, but I will still choose to disagree.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just for fun, I'll be your huckleberry.

As you can see above I have Belfry at #2 behind HC, but I am curious why Black Bear fans seem to think there is a world of difference between the two teams.

We have several justifiable reasons why Belfry could be ranked ahead of HC:

1) In the spirit of "Grandfathering" in your position, Belfry played later than Harlan County last year as one of only two mountain teams to reach the State Finals, thus finishing higher in the Final Mountain Top 10. Belfry is 3-0 and has defeated a fellow Mountain Top 10 team. By the theory of only dropping when you lose, Belfry certainly deserves the higher seed.

2) Belfry played "up" in class in their first two games defeating 4A Harrison County, 6A Henry Clay, their third game was on the road at a very good Pburg team. Though I personally think Henry Clay is considerably better than Dunbar, we will consider those opponents a "wash" since both Lexington schools are winless. Harrison County and Mo-East cancel each other out. In my personal opinion Pburg would take Gate City to the woodshed, but for the sake of argument we will consider both road wins a "wash" as well. So we have similar wins, in similar dominating fashion, against similar teams. The difference is the fact Belfry has done this above their class level for the most part, whereas Harlan has more or less "played down" as a 5A school.

3) As I make this point, keep in mind I am just playing Devil's Advocate, this isn't actually my personal feelings: Traditional Ranking. Belfry has been the premier Mountain Program over the past decade with a track record even the mighty Bell County fanbase has to bow down to. The Pirates have established a consistency that results with them finishing in the Top 3 spots in the Final poll essentially every year, Harlan County...and subsequently the schools that fed into HCHS..have not. Does this conclude Belfry is the better team and will have the better season? No. Does this stand to reason that a Belfry team, who seems to be the favorite to represent the Eastern Semi-State in 3A, will once again be playing late in November while other programs faulter along the way? Probably. Should a ranking of the top 10 pay homage to tradition and trends? Maybe. If so, Belfry certainly makes an argument that as long as they win they deserve to be ahead of programs who have not experienced such past success... YET (I am pulling for you HCHS)

understand what your saying! BUT the PAST dont matter in the 2011 season!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:understand what your saying! BUT the PAST dont matter in the 2011 season!

Correct...so based on the logic that results from this season are all that matter you agree that Belfry has been just impressive "playing up" against a similar schedule as Harlan County has had "playing down"?
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:understand what your saying! BUT the PAST dont matter in the 2011 season!
I disagree. Some coaches have a track record of developing their talent and some have a record of seeing their teams fade in the playoffs. Nobody should doubt that Belfry has a great track record of continuously improving during the season and peaking in the playoffs. For teams like Belfry, the past does matter as long as there has not been a coaching change during the off season.

Coach Larkey also has a great record of developing talent, so what Harlan County and Rockcastle County did in the past also matters because chances are Larkey and his staff are doing the same kind of things to make this season a success that they have done in the past.
i might put them up to number 2,i would say Belfry palyed a little better teams,but be close could go either way..
PHSForever Wrote:It's called having an opinion, guys. Chill out. Good lord, not like I killed anyone. They've beaten 2 out of state teams and one not very good Dunbar team. To date, Belfry has beaten Harrison Co (not very good), Henry Clay (who played Bowling Green halfway decent), and Prestonsburg (who had Perry Central on the ropes). Until I see Harlan County's results against tougher Kentucky opponents (Gate City and Hamblen would be beaten by Pburg and Henry Clay, don't know about Harrison Co), I just chose to rank them 3rd.

Gate City, at 2,344, is ranked higher on Max Preps than either P'burg or Henrly Clay, both of whom are in the 3,000s. I'm not saying they couldn't be beat by either of those schools, but they would probably be the favorite in those contests. Just because Gate City and Morristown East are fom outside the state doesn't mean you can diminish what they have done. Gate City did win a state title last season, yes it was in a smaller class, but that is still pretty impressive. Morristown East made the 5A playoffs last season and nearly beat a very good Bearden team this season.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Gate City, at 2,344, is ranked higher on Max Preps than either P'burg or Henrly Clay, both of whom are in the 3,000s.
Weakest. Argument. Ever.
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Gate City, at 2,344, is ranked higher on Max Preps than either P'burg or Henrly Clay, both of whom are in the 3,000s. I'm not saying they couldn't be beat by either of those schools, but they would probably be the favorite in those contests. Just because Gate City and Morristown East are fom outside the state doesn't mean you can diminish what they have done. Gate City did win a state title last season, yes it was in a smaller class, but that is still pretty impressive. Morristown East made the 5A playoffs last season and nearly beat a very good Bearden team this season.
Yeah, and we all know how spot on MaxPreps is with their rankings. Please. That argument won't hold water.