Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 14 - Western Kentucky 3
Until UK and it's boosters can throw some high dollars at a proven coach, we will always be at the bottom of the SEC. Joker just isn't going to get it done. When you can only get 1 or 2 four star recruits and the rest 3 stars in the SEC you are not going to be able to compete. Joker is what his name implies a "joke".
Its just the first game, they did win its okay everyone you can breathe...Morgan Newton is gonna be fine when he learns to settle down....look at the run and the td pass that was actually caught.................offensively we got work to do but look at what we lost....defensively we are gonna be just fine thanx minter we may actually have a sec caliber defense this year................Point is a win is a win is a win is a win
The offensive line give Newton time to pass.

It's not their fault he didn't want to throw it.

Against the run they weren't great, but UK also has a new fullback and UK has had some pretty good fullbacks lately over the past 5 or so years.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If we play the way we did tonight, I guarantee you that Central Michigan will beat us by 2 touchdowns. WKU is one of the bottom 15-20 teams in the country and CMU is a team that usually contends for a MAC championship.

Louisville looked god awful tonight too, but they looked better on offense then UK did.

I honestly can't see UK winning but 1 SEC game this season, and that would be over Vanderbilt and that's never a easy task.
I pretty much said the exact same thing on somebodies Facebook.
zaga_fan Wrote:It only goes up from here.
Does the bowl streak end?
Yep.
king360 Wrote:Im marking this down as a loss.

Might as well.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If the only problem u guys are seeing is the QB then you didnt watch the game. We dont have a line, Or receivers.

Or a secondary.

WKU wins this game if they had any QB at all. He overthrew two easy wideopen touchdown passes. Any decent QB would have picked us apart.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If the only problem u guys are seeing is the QB then you didnt watch the game. We dont have a line, Or receivers.

I saw plenty of problems....

However, Newton IS a problem and you have to be blind not to see it.
I thought the line was one of the high points going into the season but I dont think they did a very good job against a sun belt team. I like the new system on the defensive side of the ball, Minter will get us to a SEC D. Everyone seen Newton no point in talking bout him, I think he'll get better working with fromer QB Woodson this season. I will make a bold prediction and say we will continue the streak of bowls as we fight to a 6-6 record.
MVP2 Wrote:I thought the line was one of the high points going into the season but I dont think they did a very good job against a sun belt team. I like the new system on the defensive side of the ball, Minter will get us to a SEC D. Everyone seen Newton no point in talking bout him, I think he'll get better working with fromer QB Woodson this season. I will make a bold prediction and say we will continue the streak of bowls as we fight to a 6-6 record.

This is your chance to back out of our avatar bet Big Grin
The WR's were atrocious in this game. I said it in either this thread or another, need to go run and gun. Morga Newton has no touch pass. He threw a 4 yarder so hard that it bounced off the WR and into the hands of a D-lineman a yard or two away. Gotta learn what passes to throw at what time.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The offensive line give Newton time to pass.

It's not their fault he didn't want to throw it.

Against the run they weren't great, but UK also has a new fullback and UK has had some pretty good fullbacks lately over the past 5 or so years.

Dont know what line you saw but for the most part they got overpowered by a freaking sun belt team what you think is gonna happen against an sec team?........... When he did throw it the wideouts couldnt catch it look what happened when they did catch it it was a td............... I agree newton is too old to make some of the throws he did but it aint all his fault
Cat Daddy Wrote:Until UK and it's boosters can throw some high dollars at a proven coach, we will always be at the bottom of the SEC. Joker just isn't going to get it done. When you can only get 1 or 2 four star recruits and the rest 3 stars in the SEC you are not going to be able to compete. Joker is what his name implies a "joke".

thats what most of arkansas players are 3 star.its all in the coach, well alot of it is the coach..
We will go to a bowl game this year. It was the first game. A decent team came out and played their hearts out. Western played a nearly perfect game and caught all the breaks. If not for a few bonehead plays this would have been a blowout. But this is a young team and They will have games like this. Anyone who thinks defferently doesnt know anything about football. When it comes SEC time we will be just fine and pull off a upset or two. But for now we have a young team. And once more where is the rebuttle to my charlie strong comment. You guys think he is the best coach in the friggen world and that he would be a great fit at UK. Yet his team barely beat Murray State. And looked pathetic in the process.
^Western is NOT a decent team and they did not catch any breaks. If they had a decent QB, they'd won this game. UK struggled against a well below average team. Actually one of the worst teams in D-1.
Joker is a joke!! If I was the AD after this game he wouldnt have been on the team bus back to Lexington, Id have fired him right then and there! If you cant throw a touchdown pass against WKU and you can only score 14 points against WKU you will not win a game in the SEC, Mark it down Vandy will even beat us this year!

CALL MIKE LEACH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
Line them up and run the bone. This was ridiculous.
Jon419 Wrote:Joker is a joke!! If I was the AD after this game he wouldnt have been on the team bus back to Lexington, Id have fired him right then and there! If you cant throw a touchdown pass against WKU and you can only score 14 points against WKU you will not win a game in the SEC, Mark it down Vandy will even beat us this year!

CALL MIKE LEACH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Joker isnt going anywhere.
Joker will get atleast another year although I think if he doesnt do better than 6-6 in the regular season that he should be done.........................
Ryan Mossakowski passed for 443yards and 5 TD's in his first game this year. Saw this on COmptons facebook! Wow>? Yeah lets keep joker...
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We will go to a bowl game this year. It was the first game. A decent team came out and played their hearts out. Western played a nearly perfect game and caught all the breaks. If not for a few bonehead plays this would have been a blowout. But this is a young team and They will have games like this. Anyone who thinks defferently doesnt know anything about football. When it comes SEC time we will be just fine and pull off a upset or two. But for now we have a young team. And once more where is the rebuttle to my charlie strong comment. You guys think he is the best coach in the friggen world and that he would be a great fit at UK. Yet his team barely beat Murray State. And looked pathetic in the process.

:Thumbs:.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Dont know what line you saw but for the most part they got overpowered by a freaking sun belt team what you think is gonna happen against an sec team?........... When he did throw it the wideouts couldnt catch it look what happened when they did catch it it was a td............... I agree newton is too old to make some of the throws he did but it aint all his fault

UK had 5 or 6 guys at all times trying to block 7 defenders.

Go look at the replay.

Newton had time to throw. The receivers weren't worth a damn either, but this can't be put on the offensive line.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:UK had 5 or 6 guys at all times trying to block 7 defenders.

Go look at the replay.

Newton had time to throw. The receivers weren't worth a damn either, but this can't be put on the offensive line.

okay if this was the case why couldnt we run the ball then we only had about 80 yards minus the morgan newton scramble
Ryan mossakowski had his chances to beat morgan out its called practice if he is not good enough to beat newton on the depth chart why would u play him in a game he had 2 years to do it and he couldnt thats why he transferred not the coaches
Brandon40403 Wrote:okay if this was the case why couldnt we run the ball then we only had about 80 yards minus the morgan newton scramble

Because WKU loaded up the box.

UK starts a freshman at fullback, the starting center was our, our best offensive linemen (Larry Warford) gets hurt in the 1st quarter and it didn't help that UK could never get anything going threw the air to get the run game started.

It was overall all a pathetic performance from the offense. They didn't look ready for the season and that all falls back on Joker who has never been a good coach or play-caller. If UK struggles against Central Michigan than he'll be on a VERY hot seat and probably won't make it through the season.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Ryan mossakowski had his chances to beat morgan out its called practice if he is not good enough to beat newton on the depth chart why would u play him in a game he had 2 years to do it and he couldnt thats why he transferred not the coaches

Mossakowski had to sit out his first year at UK because he hurt his shoulder during high school.

Plus the JUCO team he plays for had their first game last night and he threw for over 400+ yards, thew 4 or 5 touchdowns and rushed for a touchdown.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Mossakowski had to sit out his first year at UK because he hurt his shoulder during high school.

Plus the JUCO team he plays for had their first game last night and he threw for over 400+ yards, thew 4 or 5 touchdowns and rushed for a touchdown.

yes i know this thats why I said 2 years and not 3......juco ball is a whole diff game compared to the sec you know that.....................Ill agree that morgan threw some dumb passes last night and held the ball a little too long but its not all him our o-line is supposed to be the most exp. in the sec and i did not see that at all........load up the box or not its sec vs. sun belt
actually i saw he rushed for 2 tds
Brandon40403 Wrote:yes i know this thats why I said 2 years and not 3......juco ball is a whole diff game compared to the sec you know that.....................Ill agree that morgan threw some dumb passes last night and held the ball a little too long but its not all him our o-line is supposed to be the most exp. in the sec and i did not see that at all........load up the box or not its sec vs. sun belt

I can't argue with you here, but like I said, UK was without starting their starting center (Matt Smith), Warford got hurt early in the game, and we are starting a freshman fullback.

No matter what the conference is, D1 football is still D1 football. Kentucky is always in the bottom 3 of the SEC in football, so saying we're going to win because we're from the SEC is irrelevant. We aren't going to intimidate anyone.

You have to win something to gain any respect from fellow SEC schools and the bottom feeders of the division 1 football.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Its just the first game, they did win its okay everyone you can breathe...Morgan Newton is gonna be fine when he learns to settle down....look at the run and the td pass that was actually caught.................offensively we got work to do but look at what we lost....defensively we are gonna be just fine thanx minter we may actually have a sec caliber defense this year................Point is a win is a win is a win is a win
A 14-3 win when you are a SEC team and you played WKU is NOT a win!

Yes you get the W and the record will say you won but come on!

WKU is one of the 5 worst teams in D1 year in and year out.

I dont understand why Kentucky just flat out refuses to go out and pay for a big time coach, or at least a coach that is somewhat proven.... You cannot expect to compete in the SEC while making hires like Joker, this is the SEC you gotta have the best or you will be at the bottom every single year.
Just a question, not saying anyone is racist or anything like that. How many White players has Joker recruited as compared to other races? Again, I am not saying anything bad, just was asked and would like an educated answer so I can give a correct response.
Twitter: @tc_analytics