Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 14 - Western Kentucky 3
thought it was 14-3?
^ No. WKU scored 2 points at the end of the game
Final was 14-3
Aslan Wrote:UK will struggle against a well below average team.

UK - 27
WKU - 17

My prediction was pretty accurate. Only off only one point and we did indeed struggle. Score is way off though.
Gonna be a long season boys. Basketball season couldn't be further away.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Final was 14-3

score ESPN.com showed was 14-5
Just an FYI for Vundy from a comment he made in the game update thread. Collins the QB/WR is out for the season due to a knee injury.

This team has a LOOOOOONG way to go. Newton just has to learn to settle down in the pocket and make good decisions. I was extremely disappointed in the O-Line (strongest part of our offense) by what the experts say and they were IMO a joke.

Thank god that Minter had the D ready to play (prob. one of the best overall games I have seen a UK D play)

Offense one of the worst.
It's going to be a rough year for this team. Making a bowl game after tonight's performance would be a highly successful season.

Morgan Newton had chances to get out of the pocket and run the ball all night and never did it until the 4th quarter when he had the 54-yard run. He isn't a pocket quarterback, hell he's barely a quarterback. He throws a terrible ball and his accuracy is flat out pathetic. Joker said we wouldn't recognize him during fall camp once the season started and he was right, he's probably worse than he was his freshman year.

I honestly can't wait until Patrick Towles is on campus next season so that we can get someone who can deliver a good pass or roll out and make a play with either his feet or arm.

Defense was impressive, other than a few missed tackles, but then again all WKU could do was run. Their quarterback was as bad as Newton if not worse. He had two touchdowns and overthrew both.

Winston Guy is my player of the game, he was everywhere tonight.
Like I said in the other thread we are breaking in alot of young players. This will be a very good wakeup call for them we will get better, and have a decent year. Newton has to get better, and the line has to block. But the D was impressive they played more than good enough to get a blowout. The O played as bad as possible and we still got the W. There Is a **** good reason this staff scheduled two crap games to start the year. They new we would need the time to get in form. This team is young but has good talent and alot of work to do. I know one thing though I would not want to be in that film room. Hopefully they get better. BTW Louisville looked awful too, but everyone on here thinks Charlie Strong is the best coach in the country.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Like I said in the other thread we are breaking in alot of young players. This will be a very good wakeup call for them we will get better, and have a decent year. Newton has to get better, and the line has to block. But the D was impressive they played more than good enough to get a blowout. The O played as bad as possible and we still got the W. There Is a **** good reason this staff scheduled two crap games to start the year. They new we would need the time to get in form. This team is young but has good talent and alot of work to do. I know one thing though I would not want to be in that film room. Hopefully they get better. BTW Louisville looked awful too, but everyone on here thinks Charlie Strong is the best coach in the country.

If we play the way we did tonight, I guarantee you that Central Michigan will beat us by 2 touchdowns. WKU is one of the bottom 15-20 teams in the country and CMU is a team that usually contends for a MAC championship.

Louisville looked god awful tonight too, but they looked better on offense then UK did.

I honestly can't see UK winning but 1 SEC game this season, and that would be over Vanderbilt and that's never a easy task.
It only goes up from here.
Does the bowl streak end?
UK didn't look like a well coached team on O tonight. The line looked like crap and Newton Looked rattled for most of the game. Its very important that the UK coaching staff build game plans that are suited to Newton's skills. Joker could be playing a QB that has a year of SEC play under his belt but last year he went with Hartline who would throw him under the Bus come bowl time.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If we play the way we did tonight, I guarantee you that Central Michigan will beat us by 2 touchdowns. WKU is one of the bottom 15-20 teams in the country and CMU is a team that usually contends for a MAC championship.

Louisville looked god awful tonight too, but they looked better on offense then UK did.

I honestly can't see UK winning but 1 SEC game this season, and that would be over Vanderbilt and that's never a easy task.

The thing is though that this was just about the worst possible game we could play. We have one every year. Luckily we got it out of our system early. There is alot of learning to do for this team.
Did Morgan Newton skip practice all week or something?! I would have thought that he would have had his passing down by now and the couple of times that he did make an accurrate pass the receiver dropped the ball!! Horrible night offensively! The one shining moment was the 58 yd run by Newton and then the TD pass to King, so hopefully they can look at the video this week and come out firing against Central Michigan, otherwise, this is going to be a long season!!

On the other side of the ball, the defense was GREAT!!! Trevathan had 13 tackles. Winston Guy had 10 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, and 2 interceptions! Ronnie Sneed also had 10 tackles!

I look for the defense to help UK hang around in almost every game this season and give us an opportunity to win. Now whether or not the offense will take advantage of this, has yet to be seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Im marking this down as a loss.
leecoukfan Wrote:Did Morgan Newton skip practice all week or something?! I would have thought that he would have had his passing down by now and the couple of times that he did make an accurrate pass the receiver dropped the ball!! Horrible night offensively! The one shining moment was the 58 yd run by Newton and then the TD pass to King, so hopefully they can look at the video this week and come out firing against Central Michigan, otherwise, this is going to be a long season!!

On the other side of the ball, the defense was GREAT!!! Trevathan had 13 tackles. Winston Guy had 10 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, and 2 interceptions! Ronnie Sneed also had 10 tackles!

I look for the defense to help UK hang around in almost every game this season and give us an opportunity to win. Now whether or not the offense will take advantage of this, has yet to be seen.

Exactly I would rather have a good D any day of the week.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just an FYI for Vundy from a comment he made in the game update thread. Collins the QB/WR is out for the season due to a knee injury.

This team has a LOOOOOONG way to go. Newton just has to learn to settle down in the pocket and make good decisions. I was extremely disappointed in the O-Line (strongest part of our offense) by what the experts say and they were IMO a joke.

Thank god that Minter had the D ready to play (prob. one of the best overall games I have seen a UK D play)

Offense one of the worst.

Thanks bro, didn't know that.. :/

PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Exactly I would rather have a good D any day of the week.

Agreed.
Hard to watch. That WKU RB is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY TOO good for WKU, and the broadcasters basically said the same thing.

Hopefully, the receivers can catch the ball! I honestly believe UK needs to abandon the current offense and go run and gun.
Does anyone know a website or TV channel that I can watch the replay of this game on, besides ESPNU?! Please help brothers!
LWC Wrote:Hard to watch. That WKU RB is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY TOO good for WKU, and the broadcasters basically said the same thing.

Hopefully, the receivers can catch the ball! I honestly believe UK needs to abandon the current offense and go run and gun.

Its been one game.
Looks like it is going to be a long season in Lexington.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Its been one game.

LOL, I actually could see your facial expression when you said this out loud
To the guy that said we should've started Newton last year......
LOL

If WKU has ANY legitimate QB they would have ran UK out of the stadium today.
I mean if they just had a guy to manage the game and hit a few short routes they would have ran away with this one.
Jarons Wrote:Looks like it is going to be a long season in Lexington.

Jarons, I think our Colonels could have should up in Nashville last night and beat both teams. I'm glad UK won though. There's nothing worse than a Hilltopper.
On a side note if we catch are dropped passes Newton throws for 3 tds and 3 interceptions. Sad
lol.....Kentucky creates its own destiny in football. I dont like the coach in waiting. So your stuck with Joker. Then you swipe a four star quarterback from the state of TEXAS, away from Bama, Auburn, Oregon, and Notre Dame.....and then run him off. A FOUR STAR QUARTERBACK! This isnt Tennessee or Alabama, Ohio State or USC where you can sit 4 star quarterbacks on a bench, never giving them so much as a snap or a chance. Mark these words this year when your Cats are going 4-8 and Morgan Newton is stinking up every stadium the Cats play in. UK will wish they had given Ryan Mossakowski half a chance at quarterback.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
king360 Wrote:Im marking this down as a loss.

I am to, this game was pathetic.
zaga_fan Wrote:It only goes up from here.
Does the bowl streak end?

Streak is defiantly over. Joker needs to recruit a descent QB for a change.
If the only problem u guys are seeing is the QB then you didnt watch the game. We dont have a line, Or receivers.