Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all these people who wants tubby gone and says he sucks
If you want a good laugh pal, watch a U.K. basketball game, oh wait I am sorry, I was thinking of a good nap. Sorry guys, your team is a HAS BEEN PROGRAM! Time to accept the obvious. If you need a fact with that statement just ask! I think the record speaks for itself and IT SURE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT IS GETTING ANY BETTER ANY TIME SOON!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:If you want a good laugh pal, watch a U.K. basketball game, oh wait I am sorry, I was thinking of a good nap. Sorry guys, your team is a HAS BEEN PROGRAM! Time to accept the obvious. If you need a fact with that statement just ask! I think the record speaks for itself and IT SURE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT IS GETTING ANY BETTER ANY TIME SOON!

That's fine if you feel that way, but every huge program has bad years...UK went 13-19 and followed that up with a 15-15 record, and recovered to win two national titles in the next 8 years...If you think Kentucky Basketball is a hasbeen program then that shows even more of a lack of knowledge..They're the most historically tradition rich program in the country...
"alfus21" Wrote:Heck yes we are accepting 4-star recruits as if they are prize players...If you knew anything about the situation you'd know that Jasper is the 5th best point guard in the nation coming in to UK next year....Meeks is the 8th best shooting guard in the nation coming in next year...Stevenson is the 15th best power foward coming in...That sounds pretty good to me right there...You won't accept pefectly fine recruits like that, yet you're the same person who would beg Tubby to recruit a "zero" star recruit like Chris Lofton....Speaking of "5 star recruits" and bringing in 2 or 3...That's exactly what Tubby done last year and now he's getting blistered for it...It's a lose-lose situation with some UK fans.."5 Star" recruits aren't good enough, then "4 Star recruits" area step down despite all 3 being unreal basketball players, but EVERYBODY knew that Lofton was going to be a great high school player..Tubby had been burnt on Kentucky Mr. Basketballs before "a la Stockton/Carrier", and UK fans hated him for bringing the Kentucky boys in so he passes and then turns out Lofton was a diamond in the rough, that even Pitino the great didnt' want to have...26 wins a season are great to me, and Tubby winning the SEC every year but this one is fine with me, because the final four means NOTHING unless you win it all, which only 1 team has down twice since 1998 and that's UCONN..Even with all the great teams Duke has had being ranked #1 every year they only have 1 over the last 10 seasons....People need to realize that National Championships don't just fall in your lap...Kentucky went almost 20 years without one before 96, and then won in 98 and fans got spoiled...

The team that lost to Marquette was a great team, but you forget that Bogans was injured that game...When one of your team's leading scorers is ailling then it makes it a lot harder to beat a Marquette team that was actually pretty tough, with Dwayne Wade, and several guys that couldn't miss 3 pointers...Season isn't over yet, so don't count the losses yet...

HELL YES THATS THE FACTS.

I lived and watched eveyone of those freaking 18 years without getting a title and the fact that UK went to three title games in a row spoiled some of the BABY UK fans. GET A CLUE yes we've won 7 titles in 100 YES 100 YEARS that's 7% of the time. MY GOD GROW UP.
"corndog23" Wrote:no coach in college basketball could do that, even your beloved coach k.

No one in this world could love UK basketball or HATE DUKE basketball more than me but Coach K is a heck of alot better coach than RUPP. GOD that makes me sick but its the truth. You put Rupp in todays college BB world with all the parody that the NCAA has today and Rupp might have 1 or at best 2 titles. That's just the facts.
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:yeah, heres your facts to back up the statement.......check out who Rick Pitino brought in from 1991 until 1997....and the average five star players were 4 per recruiting class, and thats straight from the pages of the Cats Paws......and your welcome

Even with all those great players how many titles did he win?
"CatDawg" Wrote:No one in this world could love UK basketball or HATE DUKE basketball more than me but Coach K is a heck of alot better coach than RUPP. GOD that makes me sick but its the truth. You put Rupp in todays college BB world with all the parody that the NCAA has today and Rupp might have 1 or at best 2 titles. That's just the facts.

i just disagree. i think Adolph Rupp is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. you are right, however, in saying he might only have 1 or 2 titles in todays game. but you also have to think, what if coach k was around in the 40's and 50's? IMO he woul not have been doing NEAR as much as he is now. the media was not near as involved with the high school kids those days. there was no rakings system. you never read about a 5 star player. you went out and you watched the games yourself and you decided who was good and who wasnt. i think coach rupp was one of the best coaches of all time in judging talent. another thing about the media is that most games are televised. and yes, most of the time dUKe plays they are on national television. kids want to be on tv so they go to dUKe. in the 40's and 50's if most game would have been televised, UK woulda been on. not dUKe. i just feel like nobody dominated college basketball like Adolph Rupp in the 40's and 50's, and no other coach after him will ever experience that kind of domination, with the exception of the great Coach Wooden.
"corndog23" Wrote:i just disagree. i think Adolph Rupp is the greatest college basketball coach of all time. you are right, however, in saying he might only have 1 or 2 titles in todays game. but you also have to think, what if coach k was around in the 40's and 50's? IMO he woul not have been doing NEAR as much as he is now. the media was not near as involved with the high school kids those days. there was no rakings system. you never read about a 5 star player. you went out and you watched the games yourself and you decided who was good and who wasnt. i think coach rupp was one of the best coaches of all time in judging talent. another thing about the media is that most games are televised. and yes, most of the time dUKe plays they are on national television. kids want to be on tv so they go to dUKe. in the 40's and 50's if most game would have been televised, UK woulda been on. not dUKe. i just feel like nobody dominated college basketball like Adolph Rupp in the 40's and 50's, and no other coach after him will ever experience that kind of domination, with the exception of the great Coach Wooden.
Oh but see Mr.Corndog...THAT IS AN OPINION! WHERE IS YOUR FACTS TO BACK IT UP? Coach Wooden OWN RUPP! NO COMPARISON PAL!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Oh but see Mr.Corndog...THAT IS AN OPINION! WHERE IS YOUR FACTS TO BACK IT UP? Coach Wooden OWN RUPP! NO COMPARISON PAL!

coach wooden didnt own rupp. when john wooden first started winning it was near the end of coach rupps tenure at UK. something you probably dont know is john wooden was head coach of the bruins in 1948. his time as a dominant coach did not come til the end of Adolph Rupps tenure. That's a fact.
first and foremost, let me correct my own mistake. He recruited an average of 4 4 and 5 star players, not just five star players. My mistake. But, yes, he won one, lost one, BUT.......he brought UK back from THE DEAD. And I'll give you one more opinion. The 14-14 season (not 15-15, and that too, is FACT) was ONE OF THE BEST COACHING JOBS OF ALL TIME. That team didnt have the talent to win 6 games. They were picked last in the SEC, although they defeated a top 5 LSU team featuring Shaq, Stanley Roberts and Chris Jackson 100-95, in what was, and still is, in my opinion, the most exciting game ever at Rupp Arena. They could have packed it in and gave up after getting destroyed 150-95 by Kansas, but it was HIS coaching and the players' will and determination to prove all the "experts" wrong. So your right, Pitino ONLY won one championship, but taking over a 13-19 team, on probation, with the least talent in the SEC, not being able to go to a tournament for three years, only to go to 3 final fours, two championships, in his last five years, is pretty darn impressive. Tubby has accomplished a national championship with HIS players. And that is it. I too suffered from 18 years of not winning a national championship, and Ill guarantee you this, if Tubby continues to stay at UK, itll be a whole lot longer than 18 more before you'll see another one hanging.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Even with all those great players how many titles did he win?
hey pal, you want me to mail them to you, so you can see for yourself...TOP players were considered BLUE CHIP PLAYERS, which is what THEY GOT. No, you are correct, the rankings may have only come from 2001, but I have, AND I CAN PROVE that UK recruited an AVERAGE of 4 BLUE CHIP players per recruiting class.
"corndog23" Wrote:so we brought in 32 different five star players??? your wrong about that FOR SURE! and i KNOW your lying about the cats pause because they only have rankings from 2001!!!!
"Super_de" Wrote:The only thing wrong with him is his recruiting ability. Hes a 95% good coach. But the other 5% is the recruitin he doesnt have.
The fact that you list recruiting as only 5% important shows how little you know about the college game and is also the reason that Tubby is not a GREAT coach. Tubby is a good coach, recruiting is the name of the game in Top of the Mountain college Basketball, like it or not....
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:hey pal, you want me to mail them to you, so you can see for yourself...TOP players were considered BLUE CHIP PLAYERS, which is what THEY GOT. No, you are correct, the rankings may have only come from 2001, but I have, AND I CAN PROVE that UK recruited an AVERAGE of 4 BLUE CHIP players per recruiting class.

Post the proof in here, along with your source because that is 100% not true.....
Listen,just b/c he got blue chip recruits doens't mean that they were good players, you have to be able to eveluate the talent of the "BLUE CHIP" recruits...
i WILL prove it, and someone with your "basketball knowledge" should already know it, but just about anybody that came to UK from 1993 until 1997 were blue chip players. You know it. Everybody else does too. And dont worry, I will prove it.
"alfus21" Wrote:Post the proof in here, along with your source because that is 100% not true.....
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:i WILL prove it, and someone with your "basketball knowledge" should already know it, but just about anybody that came to UK from 1993 until 1997 were blue chip players. You know it. Everybody else does too. And dont worry, I will prove it.

You prove that there were "at least" 4 five star recruits in each class and I'll believe it...
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:i WILL prove it, and someone with your "basketball knowledge" should already know it, but just about anybody that came to UK from 1993 until 1997 were blue chip players. You know it. Everybody else does too. And dont worry, I will prove it.

let me just say this. the three "four star" players coming in that you and playboy5 were whining and crying about would be considered "blue chip" players if there were not these rankings.
first of all, pal, check the posts, ive never "whined" about his four star players. And it wouldnt matter, cuz he's proved he cant win with the "super" class that you and your hero, alfus have come to love and adore (when your not loving and adoring each other).
"corndog23" Wrote:let me just say this. the three "four star" players coming in that you and playboy5 were whining and crying about would be considered "blue chip" players if there were not these rankings.
no, ill give you an AVERAGE of four per class. You dont know as much about UK basketball as you think you do (like thats surprising). The 96 team had seven blue chippers by itself
"alfus21" Wrote:You prove that there were "at least" 4 five star recruits in each class and I'll believe it...
O.K. guys, you win, Alfus and Corndog23, U.K. is Great. Everybody else is playing for second. They have a GREAT Coach, and he is a GREAT RECRUITER. He is the best, everybody else is worse. They really have a good record this year, everybody is crazy. Randolph Morris, Carter and Shag are the best 3 Centers to EVER play! Randolph Morris does have a breathing problem that only hits him when he plays defense for some reason"Sorry, that is coming from the doctors of Bluegrass Rivals". We are crazy for even thinking such. We apologize so much for our actions. Please forgive us in our crazy ways of thinking. PLEASE ACCEPT?
your right playboy.......i couldnt have said it any better. Who are we to think that 16-9, 6-5 in the SEC, isnt worthy for Coach of the Year? Tubby is the greatest coach in the history of the NCAA. I mean, he's went to one final four, AND won a national championship, for crying out loud! Forget about Wooden's 10, Rupp's 4, Coach K's 3, and so on....and that 27 point loss to a bunch of freshmen, that 26 point loss to a 13-9 or whatever they are, IU team, were flukes. Tubby is the greatest.
Way to convince us guys. You all are the best! And you are right, we must be crazy to think that Tubby has KILLLED the program here at U.K. Everyone is just spoiled, that's all. Well you know what Mr/Mrs. Spoilly Cats, get over it. We have the best coach in the world. GO TUBBY! WE LOVE YOU!
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:no, ill give you an AVERAGE of four per class. You dont know as much about UK basketball as you think you do (like thats surprising). The 96 team had seven blue chippers by itself

You keep saying all this, but you are still yet to prove it...What are you going to do to prove it? You keep talking and saying "you'll see" but that does nothing...
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:O.K. guys, you win, Alfus and Corndog23, U.K. is Great. Everybody else is playing for second. They have a GREAT Coach, and he is a GREAT RECRUITER. He is the best, everybody else is worse. They really have a good record this year, everybody is crazy. Randolph Morris, Carter and Shag are the best 3 Centers to EVER play! Randolph Morris does have a breathing problem that only hits him when he plays defense for some reason"Sorry, that is coming from the doctors of Bluegrass Rivals". We are crazy for even thinking such. We apologize so much for our actions. Please forgive us in our crazy ways of thinking. PLEASE ACCEPT?

Tubby is a great coach, and when analysts say that, along with every other coach in the nation, someone named playboy on bluegrassrivals doesn't mean too much when they say he isn't...His recruiting is suspect is some parts, but last years recruiting class was amazing, along with next years, and the 07' class is looking great...Randolph Morris is a great center, and I dont know why you said earlier he doesn't even deserve to play basketball becaue he's the only reason Kentucky is competitive right now...Carter will be a great center, because if you watched his quickness down low you'd know that and see that he has great talent...Give him time...Other than Tyler Hansbourough at UNC most centers don't come in as freshmen and compete like guards do..

"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Way to convince us guys. You all are the best! And you are right, we must be crazy to think that Tubby has KILLLED the program here at U.K. Everyone is just spoiled, that's all. Well you know what Mr/Mrs. Spoilly Cats, get over it. We have the best coach in the world. GO TUBBY! WE LOVE YOU!

The thing is, I'm not trying to convince you..I'm "kind of" trying to prove you wrong and belittle your ridiculous opinions...Thanks I know that corndog and I are the best....You ARE crazy to think Tubby has "killed" the program at UK...and YES everybody is spoiled...18 years between titles...Kentucky isn't the team that their fans hype them up to be...2 titles since the late 70's...Yeah Kentucky is real tough...Not as tough as their fans like them to be though...
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:your right playboy.......i couldnt have said it any better. Who are we to think that 16-9, 6-5 in the SEC, isnt worthy for Coach of the Year? Tubby is the greatest coach in the history of the NCAA. I mean, he's went to one final four, AND won a national championship, for crying out loud! Forget about Wooden's 10, Rupp's 4, Coach K's 3, and so on....and that 27 point loss to a bunch of freshmen, that 26 point loss to a 13-9 or whatever they are, IU team, were flukes. Tubby is the greatest.

That record is bad, but the coach isn't 100% responsible when players have no heart, chemistry, drive to win, and don't care if they make free-throws are not...You have to want to win, and players like Rondo don't care if they win or lose...This year isn't Coach of the year material but yeah Tubby won that in 02-03 so he'll be alright going this year without one....Nobody is trying to say that Tubby is the best coach ever, but Rupp won 4 titles in 40 years of coaching!!! So he's really the greatest coach ever..1 Title every 10 years was acceptable then, but not now...Makes a lot of sense...
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Way to convince us guys. You all are the best! And you are right, we must be crazy to think that Tubby has KILLLED the program here at U.K. Everyone is just spoiled, that's all. Well you know what Mr/Mrs. Spoilly Cats, get over it. We have the best coach in the world. GO TUBBY! WE LOVE YOU!

how has tubby smith killed the program here at UK?? i dont call, what is it, 4 elite 8's in 8 years "killing the program". thats HALF the time being one of the top 8 programs in the country. and oh yeh, he has a national chmpionship. over the last three years he is the winningest coach in all of college basketball. i dont know how that's "killing" the program. this season is rough, but i dare you to find a coach in the history of college basketball that didnt have one.
Couldn't agree more corndog and alfus couldn't agree more.

But you guys just stat to much facts why don't you two make some stuff up also.

No matter what most of the problem with Tubby boils down to one thing.
It is tough when you are the winningest program in college basketball history. People tend to get jealous and wanna be like that. Its amazing how you can kind of have a down year and people wanna say your program is going to hell. I remember the precious Dukies having some down years but no one was ever saything there program was going down in a hurry. UK will be kicking but again soon.
"corndog23" Wrote:how has tubby smith killed the program here at UK?? i dont call, what is it, 4 elite 8's in 8 years "killing the program". thats HALF the time being one of the top 8 programs in the country. and oh yeh, he has a national chmpionship. over the last three years he is the winningest coach in all of college basketball. i dont know how that's "killing" the program. this season is rough, but i dare you to find a coach in the history of college basketball that didnt have one.
Do you ever start a sentence off with a capital letter? And for you Alfus, you just contridicted yourself ALL TO PIECES! You just said in a statement that Tubby's recruiting class was AMAZING last year, then you followed up with it doesn't matter what kind of coach you have when the players don't care , or you pretty much said just can't play basketball period! Well guess who recruits those players? Yours Truely, TUBBY SMITH! And if any kind of coach seen that as you say "Doesn't care if they win or lose", then why does he play them? Who would want that kind of attitude if you was ANY COACH WHATSOEVER? Can you give me those facts please? Are you going to dial Tubby up and get his answer on that question, well are ya? I have to see this comeback? Because if you back a coach for playing players that could care less about anything, such as you say, since I am sure Rondo told you himself since you 2 have all of the facts and the inside U.K. connection. I bet Alfus is Mitch Barnhardt and Corndog is C.M. Newton. MAN OH MAN, I am now figuring it out. Gosh you 2, you got me, I should have known. C.M. and Mitch folks right here on Bluegrass Preps! C.M., could you autograph a picture of U.K. winning there last championship for my little niece? She was 8 then, and now she 16 and driving. Thanks! And the reason Randolph doesn't deserve to play is because he declared for the draft, and then just so happendly comes back since the bonehead move of the century appeared.
Confusederved:
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Do you ever start a sentence off with a capital letter? And for you Alfus, you just contridicted yourself ALL TO PIECES! You just said in a statement that Tubby's recruiting class was AMAZING last year, then you followed up with it doesn't matter what kind of coach you have when the players don't care , or you pretty much said just can't play basketball period! Well guess who recruits those players? Yours Truely, TUBBY SMITH! And if any kind of coach seen that as you say "Doesn't care if they win or lose", then why does he play them? Who would want that kind of attitude if you was ANY COACH WHATSOEVER? Can you give me those facts please? Are you going to dial Tubby up and get his answer on that question, well are ya? I have to see this comeback? Because if you back a coach for playing players that could care less about anything, such as you say, since I am sure Rondo told you himself since you 2 have all of the facts and the inside U.K. connection. I bet Alfus is Mitch Barnhardt and Corndog is C.M. Newton. MAN OH MAN, I am now figuring it out. Gosh you 2, you got me, I should have known. C.M. and Mitch folks right here on Bluegrass Preps! C.M., could you autograph a picture of U.K. winning there last championship for my little niece? She was 8 then, and now she 16 and driving. Thanks! And the reason Randolph doesn't deserve to play is because he declared for the draft, and then just so happendly comes back since the bonehead move of the century appeared.
Confusederved:

There can be no facts on that subject because that would be qualitative not quanitative and I havent exactly done a research study on that so no I can't give you facts on that...I might give Tubby a holler and see whats up though, because unlike you I actually have met him a couple of times...So considering half the team has a bad attitude right now and the chemistry is bad its hard to find those players that actually want to play...Also unlike you I have met Rondo more than once and I have met a few of the players more than you think though we don't worry much about basketball rather just having a good time...This isn't bluegrassspreps either genious it's RIVALS..the rest of the stuff you said is riduclous and I'm too slayed to respond...
Oh my friend get ready to get bashed! Bad mistake saying that about you all not worrying about basketball too much. Well for one, you can throw your "WE" out of the just having a good time because um...YOU DON'T PLAY! You aren't one of the MIGHTY WILDCATS who step on the floor even though you try to talk yourself into it and make yourself believe it. I bet you dream about you and Corndog out there giving ALLY-OPPS to each other huh. I could even here it now, Alfus walking the ball up( SINCE TUBBY'S OFFENSE DOESN'T CONSIST OF ANYTHING ELSE THAN WALKING, OH WAIT, EVERYONE HAS ASTHMA ON THIS TEAM, MY BAD) and Corndog with a backdoor cut to the basket, Alfus with the lob and Corndog with the POWER LAYUP, THEN YOU WAKE UP! Man, you have met some pretty big people in your life, Rondo, Tubby and I too would brag about it. Oh wait , I am sorry, A COUPLE OF TIMES! Could you please start a thread and tell us what that was like? The time I met Rondo and Tubby. Heck, write a book about it, Tubby and Rondo, kinda a catchy title huh! Just don't let corndog write the book as you sit by him and tell him about it or it will be like this, ...tubby was nice. rondo was funny. rondo is the best and is the greatest in the world. tubby is a great coach and is the best guy in the world along with me meeting his superwife donna. i must be famous and i hope everyone looks at me on BLUGRASS RIVALS and thinks i am THE MAN because i have now stated to everyone how cool i am because i have met them MORE THAN ONCE. the end