Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To all these people who wants tubby gone and says he sucks
Could you possibly put why you want him fired? Averages 26 wins a season. Made to the tourny since he's been there. Only lost 67 games in 9 years. Thats pretty impressive to me. The only thing wrong with him is his recruiting ability. Hes a 95% good coach. But the other 5% is the recruitin he doesnt have.

But just please explain why you want him fired? Its stupid to say, I want him fired becasue uk isnt winning. Plus it isnt him, Do you watch the games? Its the players. Tubby coachs his heart out but his team does not have the desire to win.
Then i guess he is gonna have to pick up the slack where he lacks the 5% and recruit better players eh?
Yea i agree the only problem i have with tubby is he cant recuite....other than that i like him and i still think he is the best coach for uk....
Wont take Rupp's place in history though
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Wont take Rupp's place in history though

Who said he was going to?
Well he getting pretty average class coming next season with one standout:This is from http://www.catspause.com a Rivals site ! Highest u can get is 6 stars!

Marckus Boswell 5'9 170lbs 0 stars - Greenville, SC
Derrick Jasper 6'5 200lbs 4 stars PG Paso Robles, CA
Michael Porter 6'2 180 2 stars PG Modesto, CA
Jodie Meeks 6'4 197lbs 3 stars SG Norcross, GA
Perry Stevenson 6'9 190lbs 4 stars PF LaFayette, LA
LaShun Watson 6'5 190lbs 3 stars SG Greenville, GA
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Highest u can get is 6 stars!
Srry bought that the highest is 5 stars !!!
Tubby must love Modesto, CA. I hope if we grab this one he turns out like Chuck....Does anyone know if Michael Porter has any affiliation with Hayes?
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Tubby must love Modesto, CA. I hope if we grab this one he turns out like Chuck....Does anyone know if Michael Porter has any affiliation with Hayes?

Same high school is all I think...
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Well he getting pretty average class coming next season with one standout:This is from http://www.catspause.com a Rivals site ! Highest u can get is 6 stars!

Marckus Boswell most likely won't play, he is a football recruit....

Jodie Meeks is also a 4 star recruit, not a 3 star like you have listed, and if you just copied that off rivals.com I don't know why you put 3...

Lashun Watson is a 3 star football and baskeball recruit, so I doubt he'll be playing basketball, but if he did I'm sure he'd be tough...

Three standouts in that group: Jasper, Meeks, and Stevenson are all amazing recruits, and if Phil Jones makes the grades then he'll be wearing the blue/white next season...That would top off another great class...
This is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY People. AND WE ARE ACCEPTING 4 STAR RECRUITS AS IF WE LANDED A PRIZE PLAYER. We use to average 2-3 5 STAR recruits every year. And yeah I have reasons for Tubby to be fired, you know winning 26 games a year isn't evidently enough because we NEVER EVEN MAKE IT TO THE FINAL 4 anymore. When was the last time? EXACTLY the year Pitino's team with Tubby coaching it made it and won it in 1998. That's right 1998 was the last FINAL FOUR appearance! I was 2 years out of High School! I am glad winning all of these regular season games is enough for some of you, but if you are ANY KIND OF competitor whatsoever, then nothing less than a championship season is a failure. But hey, let's keep on winning 18-24 games a year, then hang it up and talk about the SAME OL' CRAP! "Please quit saying we should fire Tubby, he is a good coach, blah blah blah blah blah"!
your exactly right playboy, and you WILL get bashed for saying that....but you are absolutely 100% correct. It seems that going to the sweet 16 is like winning a national championship to a lot of fans. As I have said a hundred times, Tubby is a great guy, a GOOD coach, but he DOES NOT fit Kentucky. Yes you will win your 25 or 26 games every year, win the SEC tourney every now and then, but having good regular seasons dont win championships. Ask the team that won 26 straight games, had CLEARLY more talent than the Dwayne Wade Marquette team and got the daylights pounded out of them. Oh well, this season isnt done either, they still have three more conf. losses to take before the season ends (Tennessee, Florida, and LSU).
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:This is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY People. AND WE ARE ACCEPTING 4 STAR RECRUITS AS IF WE LANDED A PRIZE PLAYER. We use to average 2-3 5 STAR recruits every year. And yeah I have reasons for Tubby to be fired, you know winning 26 games a year isn't evidently enough because we NEVER EVEN MAKE IT TO THE FINAL 4 anymore. When was the last time? EXACTLY the year Pitino's team with Tubby coaching it made it and won it in 1998. That's right 1998 was the last FINAL FOUR appearance! I was 2 years out of High School! I am glad winning all of these regular season games is enough for some of you, but if you are ANY KIND OF competitor whatsoever, then nothing less than a championship season is a failure. But hey, let's keep on winning 18-24 games a year, then hang it up and talk about the SAME OL' CRAP! "Please quit saying we should fire Tubby, he is a good coach, blah blah blah blah blah"!
So very True Hoss! Bash me all you want people, but the truth is the truth!
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Well he getting pretty average class coming next season with one standout:This is from http://www.catspause.com a Rivals site ! Highest u can get is 6 stars!

If that was the case then it wouldn't be THAT bad because UK would be averaging 3.2 stars on their recruits out of 5. That's 64% and it's not God awful BUT the facts aren't that clean cut. Some of those players won't play basketball for UK and some of those star ratings are even wrong.

Regardless Jasper, Meeks, and Stevenson from that list would be good additions to the Wildcats.

Personally I would rather see them bringing it this year than talking about next year's recruits though. Tubby doesn't have what it takes to recruit top notch. The players really have been the ones to slack off this season. Rondo couldn't throw one into the ocean lately and Sparks isn't living up to his behind the arch reputation so we will just have to wait and see.

Someone stated that it is not enough just to have some regular season wins and I totally agree. I would like to see another SEC championship and hell, a trip to the Final Four again perhaps...
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:This is the UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY People. AND WE ARE ACCEPTING 4 STAR RECRUITS AS IF WE LANDED A PRIZE PLAYER. We use to average 2-3 5 STAR recruits every year. And yeah I have reasons for Tubby to be fired, you know winning 26 games a year isn't evidently enough because we NEVER EVEN MAKE IT TO THE FINAL 4 anymore. When was the last time? EXACTLY the year Pitino's team with Tubby coaching it made it and won it in 1998. That's right 1998 was the last FINAL FOUR appearance! I was 2 years out of High School! I am glad winning all of these regular season games is enough for some of you, but if you are ANY KIND OF competitor whatsoever, then nothing less than a championship season is a failure. But hey, let's keep on winning 18-24 games a year, then hang it up and talk about the SAME OL' CRAP! "Please quit saying we should fire Tubby, he is a good coach, blah blah blah blah blah"!

Heck yes we are accepting 4-star recruits as if they are prize players...If you knew anything about the situation you'd know that Jasper is the 5th best point guard in the nation coming in to UK next year....Meeks is the 8th best shooting guard in the nation coming in next year...Stevenson is the 15th best power foward coming in...That sounds pretty good to me right there...You won't accept pefectly fine recruits like that, yet you're the same person who would beg Tubby to recruit a "zero" star recruit like Chris Lofton....Speaking of "5 star recruits" and bringing in 2 or 3...That's exactly what Tubby done last year and now he's getting blistered for it...It's a lose-lose situation with some UK fans.."5 Star" recruits aren't good enough, then "4 Star recruits" area step down despite all 3 being unreal basketball players, but EVERYBODY knew that Lofton was going to be a great high school player..Tubby had been burnt on Kentucky Mr. Basketballs before "a la Stockton/Carrier", and UK fans hated him for bringing the Kentucky boys in so he passes and then turns out Lofton was a diamond in the rough, that even Pitino the great didnt' want to have...26 wins a season are great to me, and Tubby winning the SEC every year but this one is fine with me, because the final four means NOTHING unless you win it all, which only 1 team has down twice since 1998 and that's UCONN..Even with all the great teams Duke has had being ranked #1 every year they only have 1 over the last 10 seasons....People need to realize that National Championships don't just fall in your lap...Kentucky went almost 20 years without one before 96, and then won in 98 and fans got spoiled...

"TidesHoss32" Wrote:your exactly right playboy, and you WILL get bashed for saying that....but you are absolutely 100% correct. It seems that going to the sweet 16 is like winning a national championship to a lot of fans. As I have said a hundred times, Tubby is a great guy, a GOOD coach, but he DOES NOT fit Kentucky. Yes you will win your 25 or 26 games every year, win the SEC tourney every now and then, but having good regular seasons dont win championships. Ask the team that won 26 straight games, had CLEARLY more talent than the Dwayne Wade Marquette team and got the daylights pounded out of them. Oh well, this season isnt done either, they still have three more conf. losses to take before the season ends (Tennessee, Florida, and LSU).

The team that lost to Marquette was a great team, but you forget that Bogans was injured that game...When one of your team's leading scorers is ailling then it makes it a lot harder to beat a Marquette team that was actually pretty tough, with Dwayne Wade, and several guys that couldn't miss 3 pointers...Season isn't over yet, so don't count the losses yet...
Yeah, SO VERY TRUE ALFUS. Let's Recruit 15 guards and let's recruit Jared Carter, he is the savior for our big man problem.. Whatever! Hey, there record SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! PITIFUL!
well i agree with the recruting problems. Instead of gettin rid of tubby why not just hire some better recrutiers? We got 2 big men that can accualty post and 1 who dont play all that much. Morris, Orbzut ( not that great but has improved ) and Simms but he isnt that great of a post player but at first of season he could shoot but idk whats wrong with him.
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:Wont take Rupp's place in history though

no coach in college basketball could do that, even your beloved coach k.
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Well he getting pretty average class coming next season with one standout:This is from www.catspause.com a Rivals site ! Highest u can get is 6 stars!

jodie is a 4 star....

could you give me some stats or facts to back up your statement of us averaging 3 5 stars a year? im gonna need to know what years your referring to, and what source your rankings are coming from. thanks in advance.
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Yeah, SO VERY TRUE ALFUS. Let's Recruit 15 guards and let's recruit Jared Carter, he is the savior for our big man problem.. Whatever! Hey, there record SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! PITIFUL!

Jared Carter is a work in progress...I guaruntee that he will be a great player in a couple of years..He has the best moves of any of the big men down low, and a lot harder of a work ehtic...

If you can't do any better than this to support your arguements then don't even try...
Very true, he has better moves than any of the big men below, WHICH IS SAYING A WHOLE LOT THERE ISN'T IT! Me support an argument, LOL, have you read your last post? You guaranteed that a 7'26 player weighing 135 pounds is GOING TO BE GREAT! Oh, I am sorry, you were comparing them to the 9'15 player weighing 111 pounds(Shag) and the guy who is nothing more than a big BLOCK when he plays(Orbzut) and then a player who shouldn't be playing college basketball period in Morris! And guess what Cat fans, here is an argument that I can support, even though you pulled the strings to get your big output player with 8 pts and 4 boards a game and thought he would be the savior, HE WASN'T! And it is only going to get worse!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Very true, he has better moves than any of the big men below, WHICH IS SAYING A WHOLE LOT THERE ISN'T IT! Me support an argument, LOL, have you read your last post? You guaranteed that a 7'26 player weighing 135 pounds is GOING TO BE GREAT! Oh, I am sorry, you were comparing them to the 9'15 player weighing 111 pounds(Shag) and the guy who is nothing more than a big BLOCK when he plays(Orbzut) and then a player who shouldn't be playing college basketball period in Morris! And guess what Cat fans, here is an argument that I can support, even though you pulled the strings to get your big output player with 8 pts and 4 boards a game and thought he would be the savior, HE WASN'T! And it is only going to get worse!

im not sure what you mean by that. but no matter what you mean its a false statement, and a foolish one at that.

you need to check your stats again big man, hes not averagin 8 and 4 this year.
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:Very true, he has better moves than any of the big men below, WHICH IS SAYING A WHOLE LOT THERE ISN'T IT! Me support an argument, LOL, have you read your last post? You guaranteed that a 7'26 player weighing 135 pounds is GOING TO BE GREAT! Oh, I am sorry, you were comparing them to the 9'15 player weighing 111 pounds(Shag) and the guy who is nothing more than a big BLOCK when he plays(Orbzut) and then a player who shouldn't be playing college basketball period in Morris! And guess what Cat fans, here is an argument that I can support, even though you pulled the strings to get your big output player with 8 pts and 4 boards a game and thought he would be the savior, HE WASN'T! And it is only going to get worse!

What hilarity...Have you read 90% of my posts on College basketball? All supported with statistics and facts..Not opinion...You truly showed your knowledge of the game by saying that about Randolph Morris...He's not a savior but he gives a good effort every game except because his asthma he gets tired and kind of lazy on the defensive end therefore committs fouls...
I mean what kind of player averages 8 points and 4 rebounds and declares for the NBA draft, LOL!? And who said you can't be opinionated? This is America isn't it? I am sorry, I forgot that EVERY post someone makes you have to have stats and facts, just can't have an opinion. I am sorry Alfus and corndog 23, with a name like that, that should say enough!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:I mean what kind of player averages 8 points and 4 rebounds and declares for the NBA draft, LOL!? And who said you can't be opinionated? This is America isn't it? I am sorry, I forgot that EVERY post someone makes you have to have stats and facts, just can't have an opinion. I am sorry Alfus and corndog 23, with a name like that, that should say enough!

A player who knows he made a mistake is the kind of player that enters the draft after a season like that...You can be opinionated, but it's hard to argue opinion VS. fact without losing or not seeming as convincing...You shouldn't be talking about anybody's name on here.."PLAYBOY5"...I mean c'mon..:watch:
yeah, heres your facts to back up the statement.......check out who Rick Pitino brought in from 1991 until 1997....and the average five star players were 4 per recruiting class, and thats straight from the pages of the Cats Paws......and your welcome
"corndog23" Wrote:could you give me some stats or facts to back up your statement of us averaging 3 5 stars a year? im gonna need to know what years your referring to, and what source your rankings are coming from. thanks in advance.
well, if Tubby is such a good coach, wouldnt he replace Morris with his 3 PRIZED 7 FOOTERS when he gets asthma (great cop out for LAZINESS) and commits fouls?
"alfus21" Wrote:What hilarity...Have you read 90% of my posts on College basketball? All supported with statistics and facts..Not opinion...You truly showed your knowledge of the game by saying that about Randolph Morris...He's not a savior but he gives a good effort every game except because his asthma he gets tired and kind of lazy on the defensive end therefore committs fouls...
"TidesHoss32" Wrote:yeah, heres your facts to back up the statement.......check out who Rick Pitino brought in from 1991 until 1997....and the average five star players were 4 per recruiting class, and thats straight from the pages of the Cats Paws......and your welcome

so we brought in 32 different five star players??? your wrong about that FOR SURE! and i KNOW your lying about the cats pause because they only have rankings from 2001!!!!
No one brought in that many 5 star players ever year. That ridiculous lmao. Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I needed it today.