Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands: #10 in the Country
If Colerain is picked to beat Trinity, why are they not nationally ranked
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Colerain is picked to beat Trinity, why are they not nationally ranked

Is Colerain picked to beat T? Colerain has not lost a home game in the last 63 games, would love to see T go and beat them ( not sure if the game is at Colerain or at T).
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Colerain is picked to beat Trinity, why are they not nationally ranked

Elder??? That's who T plays next. And it's because Elder would probably be favored to win in the pit over most any team in the nation. That's how much home-field advantage is to them
^
Yea, Elder or whoever you said were picked to beat Trinity in the massey ratings because neither of those teams are nationally ranked.
Congrats to HHS - whether it is deserved or not is not relavant to me. I'm just delighted to see a KY school get recognized.
sstack Wrote:Colrain just beat Cocoa Fl 17-7 and ended there 38 game winning streak. So much again for Fl teams being so much better than Oh teams.

I was at the Colerain-Cocoa game. It was a great defensive battle. If you take away an 85 yard TD pass that Cocoa had in the fourth quarter ( it was on 4th and 10), Cocoa had a total of 116 yards for the game.

Colerain's next game is against Ryle. They do not play Trinity.

Trinity plays Elder next week at the Pit. Elder is much improved from last year's 4-5 team. They beat Centerville (OH) @ Centerville last Friday night by 33-14. Centerville was expected to be one of the better Dayton, Ohio teams. Trinity may have their hands full at the Pit.

Congrats to both Trinity and Highlands for making this weeks top ten on the Massey ratings. Great for KY high school football.
Stardust Wrote:The Bluebirds jump 57 positions in the USA Today Super 25 and land in the #10 spot!

Trinity is at #4

They must have had some impressive practices this week to jump 57 positions during a bye week :hilarious::lmao:
Jumper Dad Wrote:They must have had some impressive practices this week to jump 57 positions during a bye week :hilarious::lmao:

If you check the Massey ratings, you will find that the games from the weekend of 8/26 - 8/28 are not included.
hop24 Wrote:This is laughable. Nothing against Highlands but there is 20 or 30 teams in Fla., Texas, and Calif that would stomp them.

Man, you're an idiot. You just go with that idea because of what you've seen on TV or heard. Have you been to any of those states and watched any of the USA top 25 teams? I have, and Highlands and definitely Trinity fit in there in my book, easily.

Heck, I've been all over the country, during football season, and whenever I hear of a top team coming close to me, I try to go and watch it. I'd say I've watched more out of state football than in state(Kentucky), besides playing in the games. Those teams you mention in Florida are for the most part overrated. I'd say only 2-4 teams in Florida are better than Highlands, and another 2-4 would be a tossup.

Ohio schools are better than California schools, I don't care what anyone says, it's fact. Hell, in my opinion, Arizona football programs are better than Cali's. When my team played Chapparel(Scottsdale, AZ) in the state semi-finals in 2007, I was amazed at the skill they had. And still, they only beat us by two scores. We were top 10 in Arizona, they were #4 in the country.

Highlands and Trinity both belong in the USA Top 25. If not, we'll see. But right now, in my opinion, they belong there, and there sure as hell isn't 20-30 Cali, Florida and Texas schools better than them. Texas and Florida are legit top 5 football states, but Cali? hahahaha.

Stop reading ESPN The Magazine and actually look at these teams and do some scouting before you hate on KY schools compared to damn overrated California.

:gtfo:
Wise one Wrote:I was at the Colerain-Cocoa game. It was a great defensive battle. If you take away an 85 yard TD pass that Cocoa had in the fourth quarter ( it was on 4th and 10), Cocoa had a total of 116 yards for the game.

Colerain's next game is against Ryle. They do not play Trinity.

Trinity plays Elder next week at the Pit. Elder is much improved from last year's 4-5 team. They beat Centerville (OH) @ Centerville last Friday night by 33-14. Centerville was expected to be one of the better Dayton, Ohio teams. Trinity may have their hands full at the Pit.

Congrats to both Trinity and Highlands for making this weeks top ten on the Massey ratings. Great for KY high school football.

I was there too. Hell of a defensive battle, and alot of nice hits and a great atmosphere. I was expecting Cocoa to break Colerain's home winning streak, they are #24 in the country(I think), and was just expected alot more from a USA Top 25 Florida team.

Colerain deserves that top-25 ranking, not Cocoa. Hopefully they'll get it.
Jumper Dad Wrote:They must have had some impressive practices this week to jump 57 positions during a bye week :hilarious::lmao:

Thank god then that there was not a team to have been "had" by the Birds then!
sstack Wrote:Colrain just beat Cocoa Fl 17-7 and ended there 38 game winning streak. So much again for Fl teams being so much better than Oh teams.

Last time I checked highlands is in KY. There is only one team in Ky that could play with the big boyz and it's definately not highlands. I'd put highlands first in northern KY with CovCath closing the gap a little. Ryle plays at Colerain on Friday and you'll see what a fiasco this turns into in a hurry. Check Ryles total yardage for the game, I think it will be under 100 yards. I wish NKY had just one huge catholic school. Then and only then could they compete with T and X. I think the out of district kids that go to the highlands and beechwoods would go to the "more high profile school".
hop24 Wrote:Last time I checked highlands is in KY. There is only one team in Ky that could play with the big boyz and it's definately not highlands. I'd put highlands first in northern KY with CovCath closing the gap a little. Ryle plays at Colerain on Friday and you'll see what a fiasco this turns into in a hurry. Check Ryles total yardage for the game, I think it will be under 100 yards. I wish NKY had just one huge catholic school. Then and only then could they compete with T and X. I think the out of district kids that go to the highlands and beechwoods would go to the "more high profile school".

Highlands is in KY and can def play with the cincinnati schools. they beat st x a couple years ago and have always played colrain, elder, and moeller close. they stomp the non-mega schools like withrow and trotwood all the time. Highlands has also beat T and X in the past. Last years H frosh team of 30 players beat the lou X frosh team of 110 players. big boyz fall hard. Highlands loves being underestimated, it makes the opposing team's facial expressions priceless when they lose to lil old bluebirds.
vundy33 Wrote:Man, you're an idiot. You just go with that idea because of what you've seen on TV or heard. Have you been to any of those states and watched any of the USA top 25 teams? I have, and Highlands and definitely Trinity fit in there in my book, easily.

Heck, I've been all over the country, during football season, and whenever I hear of a top team coming close to me, I try to go and watch it. I'd say I've watched more out of state football than in state(Kentucky), besides playing in the games. Those teams you mention in Florida are for the most part overrated. I'd say only 2-4 teams in Florida are better than Highlands, and another 2-4 would be a tossup.

Ohio schools are better than California schools, I don't care what anyone says, it's fact. Hell, in my opinion, Arizona football programs are better than Cali's. When my team played Chapparel(Scottsdale, AZ) in the state semi-finals in 2007, I was amazed at the skill they had. And still, they only beat us by two scores. We were top 10 in Arizona, they were #4 in the country.

Highlands and Trinity both belong in the USA Top 25. If not, we'll see. But right now, in my opinion, they belong there, and there sure as hell isn't 20-30 Cali, Florida and Texas schools better than them. Texas and Florida are legit top 5 football states, but Cali? hahahaha.

Stop reading ESPN The Magazine and actually look at these teams and do some scouting before you hate on KY schools compared to damn overrated California.

So much wrong with this post. Highlands in most years would get ran off the field by atleast 10 teams in Florida. After that Highlands would most certainly stay with a lot of Florida teams. Some people need to remember that a little more than a few years ago a division 3 team from Columbus smacked Highlands two years in a row. It was down right ugly. I guess the next thing you'll be telling us is Boyle Co is a top 50 team.

Louisville Trinity would be a top 10 team in Texas every single year. They play limited defense in that state and Trinity offense fits right in. California football has some great coaching and great quarterbacks and a boat load of talent.
birdman44 Wrote:Highlands is in KY and can def play with the cincinnati schools. they beat st x a couple years ago and have always played colrain, elder, and moeller close. they stomp the non-mega schools like withrow and trotwood all the time. Highlands has also beat T and X in the past. Last years H frosh team of 30 players beat the lou X frosh team of 110 players. big boyz fall hard. Highlands loves being underestimated, it makes the opposing team's facial expressions priceless when they lose to lil old bluebirds.

Highlands beat Trotwood in a very good closely contest game. They held back a lot against Withrow so St.X wouldn't see much. They played Colerain twice getting smacked the first time and playing ok the second game and a lot of that was Tony Guidugli playing like a God. They have 1 win against the big 4 in recent memory.
Congrats Highlands! Keep the hardwork up guys!
nptb17 Wrote:So much wrong with this post. Highlands in most years would get ran off the field by atleast 10 teams in Florida. After that Highlands would most certainly stay with a lot of Florida teams. Some people need to remember that a little more than a few years ago a division 3 team from Columbus smacked Highlands two years in a row. It was down right ugly. I guess the next thing you'll be telling us is Boyle Co is a top 50 team.

Louisville Trinity would be a top 10 team in Texas every single year. They play limited defense in that state and Trinity offense fits right in. California football has some great coaching and great quarterbacks and a boat load of talent.

No.

California does have great talent. Their football programs, in my opinion, are jokes though. In Cali you don't get monumental match-ups like you do in the other big football states. You get a couple every year, but not like it could be with the talent they have, and like 4 of the top 25 biggest city's in the U.S.

I guess we agree to disagree on Highlands. I think they'll prove themselves.
birdman44 Wrote:Highlands is in KY and can def play with the cincinnati schools. they beat st x a couple years ago and have always played colrain, elder, and moeller close. they stomp the non-mega schools like withrow and trotwood all the time. Highlands has also beat T and X in the past. Last years H frosh team of 30 players beat the lou X frosh team of 110 players. big boyz fall hard. Highlands loves being underestimated, it makes the opposing team's facial expressions priceless when they lose to lil old bluebirds.

Beat X one year and then lost all there other games to cincy schools, I guess you clowns from ft. thomas like to play horseshoes. "We played them decent, but we lost" . And if you played with kids from your school district only you could take many of them little state titles away.Confusednicker:
vundy33 Wrote:Man, you're an idiot. You just go with that idea because of what you've seen on TV or heard. Have you been to any of those states and watched any of the USA top 25 teams? I have, and Highlands and definitely Trinity fit in there in my book, easily.

You got to be THE idiot, don't read espn anything. Guess you think UK can make noise in the SEC east.:hilarious: They are just like football in this state WEAK! Put out a few good players every once in a while and that's about it. UK should play football in the OVC, they might actually have a chance. No bowl game this year JOKER! The toilet bowl called and said Vandy is ready to make a move!
Relax guys. Ky. has a few very good schools. Support them all, at least when they are not playing your home school.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hoot Gibson Wrote:The computer rankings will get better as the season plays out but I noticed that the USA Today editors did not include either Highlands or Trinity in their Top 25. There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 teams in the nation and time will tell whether Trinity belongs in that list. I am impressed with Trinity's schedule this season and if they run the table, they will definitely deserve a very high ranking.

Warren Central of Indianapolis already has six D1 recruits starting on defense and the Massey ranking does not have the Warriors in the top 25. Warren Central beat Indianapolis Cathedral (0-2) 27-24 this week and Trinity will host Cathedral on September 23rd. That should be a great match-up. Cathedral is a much smaller school than Trinity but it plays a brutal schedule and rarely gets embarrassed in games against much larger schools.

There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 football teams in the country and time will tell whether Trinity is.

Hoot seems to base his rankings solely on the numbers and the talent on paper. Who cares how many guys are going Division 1? That doesn't make a good team. There's also play calling, coaching, and player knowledge and determination involved. Guys have to be put in the right positions. Ask Trotwood Madison and their 8 Division 1 players that lost to your run of the mill Highlands team. I'll take Cincy X, Elder, Trinity, and Highlands over some of the big bad far off teams every time.

Hoover and South Panola both looked bad to me. Panola?? Are u serious? The QB for Panola absolutely threw a terrible football. Hoover's QB wasn't bad, but he definitely wasn't at the level of Towles. Highlands also has a Division 1 db and a very disciplined defense.

Hoot, it's okay if your jealous and don't like Highlands or Trinity, but that doesn't mean they're not just as good as the other teams around the nation. Herbstreit brought in teams from all over the country and played the Cincy locals. Trinity and Highlands compete regularly with the Cincy powers. There was not much separation between cincy powers and the national powers and the Kentucky powers. Fact is, whether you like it or not, Highlands and Trinity can play with anyone most years. This is another of those years. Quit hanging on the national teams sacks.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Relax guys. Ky. has a few very good schools. Support them all, at least when they are not playing your home school.

I agree with you Brahma. I personally think it's great for any program not call Trinity or St. X to get national recognition. Aren't ALL rankings subjective? Especially at the High School level? So for those who make an argument that HHS is not deserving, then it's likely that few of the others that are ranked are any more deserving than they are.
nptb17 Wrote:So much wrong with this post. Highlands in most years would get ran off the field by atleast 10 teams in Florida. After that Highlands would most certainly stay with a lot of Florida teams. Some people need to remember that a little more than a few years ago a division 3 team from Columbus smacked Highlands two years in a row. It was down right ugly. I guess the next thing you'll be telling us is Boyle Co is a top 50 team.

Highlands did lose bad in 2005 to Columbus Desales. They lost again at Desales in 2006 by 1 or 2 points. Hardly a bad loss. Division 3 teams are capable of having great teams! Don't forget that was a 7-5 Highlands team and I believe that DeSales team had a few wins over Division 1 Ohio teams and made the Ohio State Finals. Those were 2 of the leaner years for Highlands over the last 10 years. Glad you were able to focus on those 2 seasons. Also was before Highlands went to the 2-platoon system. I'm not saying Highlands doesn't have down years here and there, but MOST[ years, Highlands can play with any high school team anywhere.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands did lose bad in 2005 to Columbus Desales. They lost again at Desales in 2006 by 1 or 2 points. Hardly a bad loss. Division 3 teams are capable of having great teams! Don't forget that was a 7-5 Highlands team and I believe that DeSales team had a few wins over Division 1 Ohio teams and made the Ohio State Finals. Those were 2 of the leaner years for Highlands over the last 10 years. Glad you were able to focus on those 2 seasons. Also was before Highlands went to the 2-platoon system. I'm not saying Highlands doesn't have down years here and there, but MOST[ years, Highlands can play with any high school team anywhere.
I will say some years and not most. Jimmy's and Joe's come into play a lot of the time. I am talking about the best here meaning top 50 or so, which no one really knows who the top 50 is, but know when you see a team like Louisville Trinity has this season or Male had with Bush or Highlands with Guidugli and Loreznen and company.
Can we get a link? The USA Today Super 25 poll that I saw doesn't have Trinity or Highlands in it.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/super25/football/
Never mind. I found it. Trinity is now #1 and Highlands has dropped to #16. Congrats to both teams.

Real talk....anyone who believes that Highlands is the #16 team in the nation I no longer take anything you say about high school football seriously. You instantly lose all credibility and you should retire from posting on here because your words are no longer valid.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Never mind. I found it. Trinity is now #1 and Highlands has dropped to #16. Congrats to both teams.

Real talk....anyone who believes that Highlands is the #16 team in the nation I no longer take anything you say about high school football seriously. You instantly lose all credibility and you should retire from posting on here because your words are no longer valid.

So YOU know who are top 16 teams are in the country? You have seen and compared HHS to each of them? And if you have those facts, please lay it out for everyone to be educated properly!

Or are you just making an opinion? And if it's an opinion.......
Stardust Wrote:So YOU know who are top 16 teams are in the country? You have seen and compared HHS to each of them? And if you have those facts, please lay it out for everyone to be educated properly!

Or are you just making an opinion? And if it's an opinion.......

It's definitely an opinion but I would bet every paycheck I receive for the rest of my life that Highlands is most likely not even one of the top 50 teams in the nation let alone top 16. No. Way. Is. Highlands. A. Top. 16. Team. In. The. USA. Not a chance. And like I said, anyone who believes so, your credibility with me is shot.

Again, congrats to Highlands for their ranking but even the most diehard Highlands fans know they are not one of the top 16 teams in the nation. Not a chance in hell. :biglmao:
If Highlands is #16 then Boyle County has to be one of the top 150 schools in the nation. Has to be. Of course.....this is opinion also.:hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The computer rankings will get better as the season plays out but I noticed that the USA Today editors did not include either Highlands or Trinity in their Top 25. There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 teams in the nation and time will tell whether Trinity belongs in that list. I am impressed with Trinity's schedule this season and if they run the table, they will definitely deserve a very high ranking.

Warren Central of Indianapolis already has six D1 recruits starting on defense and the Massey ranking does not have the Warriors in the top 25. Warren Central beat Indianapolis Cathedral (0-2) 27-24 this week and Trinity will host Cathedral on September 23rd. That should be a great match-up. Cathedral is a much smaller school than Trinity but it plays a brutal schedule and rarely gets embarrassed in games against much larger schools.

There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 football teams in the country and time will tell whether Trinity is.

agree. Highlands is good. Probably top 4 in the state, but shouldn't be mentioned in national rankings. It was far from a clubbing at Boyle and they were absolutely stuffed, scrimmage or no, by Trinity. If they come out of 4a with another title, it would be considered a success in '11. Towles is a great QB. I think the Highlands passing game is very overrated though. Top 100 maybe, JMO.