Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Better Players
Harlan will have the best team in the region next year. They should be rated # 1 and Mullins is the top player.
According to the recruiting experts Bell County has the best player in the region and will have no problem whatsoever beating Harlan.
That being said~Middlesboro has a post player which is either a freshman or 8th grader will match mullins basket for basket and is twice as strong as mullins.
Morris is better than both because of her outside shooting.
Which mullins does not have and why she will not be go to a D1 school.
Morris will easily go to any school of her chouce.
Clay Co will be the best team in the region.
The last time they lost a game against a 13th region team was 2008 region finals. How could anyone be favored over them?
They beat Bell by 30
Morris may be better than Mullins eventually, but she isn't now. The girl from Middlesboro, Anajae Stephany, is one of the best young players in the region, but she isn't in the same league as Mullins at this point.
I think Bell will really stuggle this year with the lack of an inside presence. I saw them play several games over the summer and they almost totally relied on spreading the floor and trying to outshoot their opponents from behind the arc. A team with a good inside game will punish Bell. Bell is most definantly one of the more athletic teams in the region, but a good coach with a good big will be the demise of Bell IMO.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I think Bell will really stuggle this year with the lack of an inside presence. I saw them play several games over the summer and they almost totally relied on spreading the floor and trying to outshoot their opponents from behind the arc. A team with a good inside game will punish Bell. Bell is most definantly one of the more athletic teams in the region, but a good coach with a good big will be the demise of Bell IMO.
Bell County will also have the 6-1 morris inside and Makayla Elliott is a beast.
Yes Harlan Has a good coach and a good big but they will not keep up with Bell this year.
And at bell county their outside shooting is thought of more as an assett not a liability.
When they want to go inside to score They are more than capable.
Harlan beat Bell twice last year. Bell lost three starters. Harlan lost none.

Bell may beat Harlan every time this year, but it's seems odd to say they can't "keep up with" them when they are so evenly matched.

Clay will be ranked No. 1 in the region. Harlan County, Harlan and Bell County could be in any order in the next three spots. Middlesboro is in the top 10 too. The 52nd District will be very competitive.
When Bell county was completley healthy they beat Harlan easily By 30 points last season and coming back with The best ball handlers and one of the best players in the state which is still getting better and bigger means Good things are about to happen. Confusedhh:
I am going to have to agree with HDE on this one. No one is saying Bell isnt good, but to project them as being practically unbeatable is a little far fetched. I dont recall seeing them playing in the region last year. The 52nd is by far the most competitive district in the region. Bell will do well, but they dont have a quality big. To say Morris can handle the best bigs in the 13th is a joke. I can name 5 that will eat her alive inside. She will spend more time on the bench if she has to play post, than she will on the floor. I would venture to say that this could be one of the most wide open years in the 13th that I have seen in quite sometime. Clay, South, Whitley, Bell, Knox, Middlesboro, Harlan, Harlan Co. all have good teams this year and on any given night, could upset the others. Bell and Harlan Co. should know this better than anyone.
1. Clay
2. Harlan
3. Harlan Co.
3. Bell
5. South
6. Knox
6.Whitley
6. Middlesboro
To be honest 2-8 could change every night. Until someone beats Clay, they are the #1 team in the 13th.
Corbin will be a top 10 team in the region.
Corbin lost some key players to graduation. Although the twins are very good, they will have to overcome not having a good big inside. Rebounding will be a critical issue come this fall for the Lady Redhounds due to lack of size.
Corbin did lose a lot but they looked good this summer and played hard. I saw them win a couple of close games against pretty good teams, including Harlan County. I could see them ranked somewhere between fifth and eighth in the region.
MACI MORRIS IS RANKED as in the top 25 players in the 2015 class, according to ESPN
Can u show us a link where they show that, I would be interested to see if any other girls are ranked in other classes.
Maci Morris should be in the top 5
She'll be ranked third.
Has anyone seen the Cats Pause rankings for the 13th region?
Coach Akal has his entire team focused and expecting huge things this year. Ashley Mullins and Madison Ball work incredibly well together. Ashley will undoubtedly be the number one player in the region and will have numbers that will hold up across the state.
When its all said and done look for South to be in the mix at the end
BLT FAN Wrote:Has anyone seen the Cats Pause rankings for the 13th region?

Top players
Ashley Mullins, Harlan, Sr., C, 6-1
Alisha Mitchell, Clay County, Sr., G, 5-6
Maci Morris, Bell County, Fr., G, 5-11
Miranda Davenport, Harlan County, Sr., G, 5-6
Macy Clontz, South Laurel, Sr., G, 5-6
Brandy Smith, Whitley County, Soph., G, 5-7
Makayla Neal, Bell County, Sr., G, 5-7
Sabrina Smith, Clay County, Sr., G, 5-9
Sarah Evans, Harlan County, Jr., C, 6-0
Ashley Mason, Middlesboro, Sr., G, 5-7
It's absolutely amazing to see a freshman ranked that high in the 13th Region Rankings but no question, Maci Morris is certainly deserving.

As a middle schooler, we saw her single handedly just take over games in the 2nd Half when the Lady Cats needed buckets. A huge credit to her, she's certainly fun to watch!
Maci Morris
They will be alot better than people think
Smith for Whitley looked a lot better than Mullins from Harlan the other night.
Mullins was shut down while Smith put up 26 points.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Smith for Whitley looked a lot better than Mullins from Harlan the other night.

19 points and 11 rebounds isn't exactly getting shut down, but Smith did look good.
^
You are correct, i was referring to Harlan as a whole, not just Mullins.
But in order for Harlan to win games Mullins better start putting up 50 a night because she has no help.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Smith for Whitley looked a lot better than Mullins from Harlan the other night.

Did you actually watch the game?

Mullins had 19 points and 10 rebounds despite being the focus of the Whitley defense.
Smith had 25 points and two rebounds.

Anderson had a great game plan, but I'm sure he'd tell you that if he doesn't double Mullins she scores at least 30.
HDE Wrote:Did you actually watch the game?

Mullins had 19 points and 10 rebounds despite being the focus of the Whitley defense.
Smith had 25 points and two rebounds.

Anderson had a great game plan, but I'm sure he'd tell you that if he doesn't double Mullins she scores at least 30.

Yes i did, and if you would have read my post after that i was talking about Harlan as a whole, not just Mullins.
If it was one player that won ball games, Pineville would have won state last year.

:hilarious:

Im going to have your blood pressure up again...

If Harlan is going to win, she better score 50 a night with the little help she had.
I just want to say... Craig is the best big girl in the 13th Region and she is only a sophmore. Her defense, rebounding and shot blocking ability is second to none! She shut down both Harlan Ind. big girls like they were average players. SHE IS AWESOME!!!