Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Better Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be the top 10 players in the 13th Region
Coments please
The 13th Region lost its best player to perry central.
The 13th region wasn't that bad last year, but with Clay losing their seniors and the disappointment of North, it's looking like this year may prove to be the weakest yet. Clay will either return to the sweet 16 or Bell may make a run...other than that there aren't any games I'd care to see. The talent pool is slim to none for the 11-12 year. The best decision out of the reason is the hire of Mahan!
that wasnt the question
1. Cheyenne Madden
2. Alisha Mitchell
3. Macy Morris
4. Taylor Arthur
5 and 6. The Corbin twins

Is there really any point in going any further?
What player did they lose?
Crawford
My first post answered your original post, they're aren't ten worth ranking, so why bother?
Tamara Crawford is a very good player, but Harlan's Ashley Mullins would have been the best player in the region even if she had returned. Mullins averaged 17.0 points per game last season compared to 14.5 by Crawford. Mullins is also a 6-1 forward that can handle the ball and shoot from the perimeter.
Macy Clontz is as good as any girl that was listed
Sometimes points don't reveal the best player. I'm not saying I think any one specific player stood out more than another, but points alone isn't the sole factor in determining the best player. I saw several games played by a number of teams in the 13th region. I don't remember the Clontz or Mullins girls that were mentioned sticking out in the games I watched. I'm not saying they weren't good players, but I just don't remember them. The 13th region seems to have opened up if you will and a lot of these players that may have been overshadowed in past years have a chance to step up and showcase their talent. If I were in the 13th region right now playing ball, I would know I have a better chance of being seen and having a greater impact than the past. The shortened version would be, "now or never and put or shut up."
I agree clontz is probally the best player in the region,
Lookingatyou Wrote:1. Cheyenne Madden
2. Alisha Mitchell
3. Macy Morris
4. Taylor Arthur
5 and 6. The Corbin twins

Is there really any point in going any further?

You must not watch a lot of 13th Region basketball outside of Corbin-London.
Ashley Mullins will be ranked No. 1 in the region.
Mulllins
Mitchell
Clontz
Morris
Davenport
This is not necesarly in correct order
HDE Wrote:You must not watch a lot of 13th Region basketball outside of Corbin-London.
Ashley Mullins will be ranked No. 1 in the region.

I watched several games that both Harlan and Harlan Independent played in and again, no one person stood out. Not saying this player won't be ranked No. 1, but you've clearly taken it as an offensive comment, which it wasn't. Maybe you should watch more games in the region...or take those blinders off one.
insideinfo Wrote:I agree clontz is probally the best player in the region,

Southern Pride Wrote:Macy Clontz is as good as any girl that was listed
What was this girls stats for last year not just points.
10 points 5 rebounds 4 assist and 3.7 steals
Most underated kid in the region
Southern Pride Wrote:10 points 5 rebounds 4 assist and 3.7 steals
Most underated kid in the region
These are ok But thier are lots of girls in the region with stats like this to be the best lets hope the goal is higher she has played for SL for 5 years. the girl from Harlan is the girl to watch this year Davinport and the girl from Bell,it will be wide open this year its a down year but good luck to all the girls in the region. :1::
HarlanCountyCard Wrote:Tamara Crawford is a very good player, but Harlan's Ashley Mullins would have been the best player in the region even if she had returned. Mullins averaged 17.0 points per game last season compared to 14.5 by Crawford. Mullins is also a 6-1 forward that can handle the ball and shoot from the perimeter.

Harlan will make some noise in the 13th.......
Until someone beats Clay, they are the favorite. I do feel Harlan Ind. is the second favorite in the region this year. The 52nd District will once again be a dog fight to come out of. South will be right up there with them. Bell could present some interesting scenarios as the region unfolds. There are a few teams that could be darkhorses this year and shouldnt be overlooked. In no order: Whitley Co., Harlan Co., Knox Central and Middlesboro.
I agree Clay is the team to beat they always find away to win
Southern Pride Wrote:I agree Clay is the team to beat they always find away to win

Clay is without a doubt the team to beat, they seem to be very consistent in tournament play. This is the year for the best players to shine, because I personally think Belle Jackson took most of the attention as a senior, while a few others where focused on quite a bit. Players that have been overlooked in the past for whatever reason can do it now, or just move aside.
One of the reasons the 13 region is so weak are the two teams with most talent have no coaching. Whitley,and KNOX
Who are the talented players on Knox and Whitley?
Craig from whitley is probally the best post player in the region,Powers is one of the top 3 or 4 point guards, The girl who broke her hand last year was excellent to, I can't remember her name.

You would be talking about the mills girl from Knox as one of the best players in the region if she played for any other school.There post player is probally the second best post player in the region,and the other three starters are above average.
ya i think clays the team to beat...
insideinfo Wrote:Craig from whitley is probally the best post player in the region,Powers is one of the top 3 or 4 point guards, The girl who broke her hand last year was excellent to, I can't remember her name.

You would be talking about the mills girl from Knox as one of the best players in the region if she played for any other school.There post player is probally the second best post player in the region,and the other three starters are above average.

Ashley Mullins is the best post player in the region. She's the No. 1 player in the region. Sarah Evans is probably the second best center.
Mullins is the best post player with no doubt and she is one of the top 3 players in the region
Southern Pride Wrote:I agree Clay is the team to beat they always find away to win
What about your south laurel team were will they be
Pages: 1 2