Poll: How many seasons will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 year
41.94%
2 years
29.03%
3 years
25.81%
4 or more years
3.23%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
king360 Wrote:Talked to Zack Owens brother yesterday and he is staying at Knott.

Why? So he can ride the pine some more?
Waste of talent IMO.
My sources are telling me that there are two foreign exchange students that may transfer in to Cordia as well through the foreign exchange program. Heard that they are BIG guys. No information that tells me if this is true or not though, just rumor.
Ballers Wrote:Why? So he can ride the pine some more?
Waste of talent IMO.

Anyone riding a bench is a waste of talent. Know him very well and even before the transfers, they had 5 or 6 boys returning that are better then he is and would of got more playing time. Now Rhodes will be playing 10 deep but he is by no means going to be a go to player or anything, and a streky shooter. Now if he was to come to Cordia and play a full season and do all the crazy workouts they will be doing, next year as a senior he could do something
WALL2WALL Wrote:My sources are telling me that there are two foreign exchange students that may transfer in to Cordia as well through the foreign exchange program. Heard that they are BIG guys. No information that tells me if this is true or not though, just rumor.
Get real:please:
Crazy Horse Wrote:Anyone riding a bench is a waste of talent. Know him very well and even before the transfers, they had 5 or 6 boys returning that are better then he is and would of got more playing time. Now Rhodes will be playing 10 deep but he is by no means going to be a go to player or anything, and a streky shooter. Now if he was to come to Cordia and play a full season and do all the crazy workouts they will be doing, next year as a senior he could do something

I could probably agree with all that.
WALL2WALL Wrote:My sources are telling me that there are two foreign exchange students that may transfer in to Cordia as well through the foreign exchange program. Heard that they are BIG guys. No information that tells me if this is true or not though, just rumor.

Foreign exchange kids can not play Varsity Basketball. They changed that rule a few years back, because it just created problems in athletics.

But do know he has now the 2 guys from Texas, 6'2'' guard(can play), 5'11''guard(quick as a cat), and another guy coming that was their the other night, 6'6'' and was doing some pretty good dunks in flip flops. They will definitely make some noise here in the 14th. Looks like the dorms in Lotts Creek are opening up and the kids are flowing in. Can't wait to see how it all turns out...
24-72 Hours range...
Are non-athletic students allowed to stay in the dorms for academic purposes.
There are no active dorms at Cordia School. There are apartments, but no dorms!!! The three Texas boys live with Coach Rhodes!
Why is everyone so upset that Cordia will have a competitive team this year?
windowscreen Wrote:There are no active dorms at Cordia School. There are apartments, but no dorms!!! The three Texas boys live with Coach Rhodes!
Why is everyone so upset that Cordia will have a competitive team this year?

Just asked a simple question because I have seen the word DORMS on several threads, numerous times.
Foreign students can play. OBI, St X, and I am sure many other private schools have foreign students. So there would not be an issue if Cordia does the same. As for the Texas kids, it is my understanding that all are D-1 prospects. I guess the others in the 14th can no longer overlook Cordia as they may end up being the best team in the mountains.
Jed you are absolutely correct--Cordia can no longer be overlooked, and it is driving surrounding schools crazy:HitWall: (Especially Letcher from everything that is being said) (orangenowblue)
I am losing a lot of sleep over it. I think I slept 12 hours last night. As far as things for me to worry about, Cordia is not in my Top 100.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I am losing a lot of sleep over it. I think I slept 12 hours last night. As far as things for me to worry about, Cordia is not in my Top 100.
It may not be your top 100, but it better be LCC's basketball's team #1 worry. Knott and Cordia at the top of 53rd as it should be. Smile
Actually Knott Central is #1. Cordia would be a distant second. If high school basketball is your primary worry in life, you live a sad life.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually Knott Central is #1. Cordia would be a distant second. If high school basketball is your primary worry in life, you live a sad life.

Cordia Basketball is my #1 priority when it comes to high school basketball, but high school basketball is not even close to my primary worry in my life. I have college, my family, God, and the real world to deal with bro.
WALL2WALL Wrote:It may not be your top 100, but it better be LCC's basketball's team #1 worry. Knott and Cordia at the top of 53rd as it should be. Smile

:relaxing:
I will say 15 or more years.
^

That would be cool.
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:
ONB, you're killing me :lmao:

:ChairHit:
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:
ONB, you're killing me :lmao:

:Thumbs: Where you been Aslan(I got the name right this time)
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually Knott Central is #1. Cordia would be a distant second. If high school basketball is your primary worry in life, you live a sad life.

I agree.
KCC is #1 in the district..
They where #1 in the region 2 years ago when they knocked off PCC (who blew a good lead) to go to state also.
Not only have they got the three transfers, but I have heard that several kids who have jus graduated from the perry county school system are planning on enrolling at Cordia.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Not only have they got the three transfers, but I have heard that several kids who have jus graduated from the perry county school system are planning on enrolling at Cordia.

First they have to get the players eligible who transferred.
Not yet but they will. One of the boys is getting home sick, so his father is moving to Lotts Creek, that will get them eligible right there.
**unretiring**

Couldn't stand it anymore

Please shoot us some names of the Perry County boys Wink
School has already started at PCC and I know of no one that isn't at school yet that has a shot at playing Varsity ball.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Not yet but they will. One of the boys is getting home sick, so his father is moving to Lotts Creek, that will get them eligible right there.

Not if their parents turned over guardianship of them like everyone says they did.

If that's the case...
their former guardian moving would have no bearing.
I was told that from Alice Whitaker. Some boys from Robinson and other schools are planning on enrolling at Cordia, they all will be freshman. I do not know any of their names but they have already been at Cordia and have received their schedules.
zaga_fan Wrote:Not if their parents turned over guardianship of them like everyone says they did.

If that's the case...
their former guardian moving would have no bearing.

I don't know if Rhodes is already their guardian or not. But the father of one of the boys is moving to Lotts Creek, and you can't tell me that boys have never got eligible by moving and living with guardians.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next