Poll: How many seasons will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 year
41.94%
2 years
29.03%
3 years
25.81%
4 or more years
3.23%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will Coach Rhodes stay at Cordia?
MVP2 Wrote:Main topic.....I think Rhodes will be at Cordia 2-3 years.

Call me crazy...I think longer. He has some pretty good young talent that if he will stick with it until they are Seniors, they will be good.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Call me crazy...I think longer. He has some pretty good young talent that if he will stick with it until they are Seniors, they will be good.

Okay....
you're crazy
zaga_fan Wrote:Doug Noble's ties to Breathitt don't mean much when it comes to Punkin's ties to Perry.
Does Breathitt play in Doug Nouble Arena?

How about this?
Would a school system be prepared to wave goodbye to a star player so they can move in a different direction at the head coach spot?
I'm sure that Breathitt thought that through when they told Noble they were going elsewhere.

And as to the bolded....
you said nothing of the such.
You said Braxton and Trevor play in the dustbowl with some Cordia kids and that they were a "tight-nit bunch".

Avatar bet on where Braxton and Trevor suit up this year?

Least intelligent bet. So no, no bet. 90% sure they will stay at PCC. I meant anything is possible, Cordia can get some players.
zaga_fan Wrote:Okay....
you're crazy

I'm fine with that. He probably wont stay past 3 r 4, but that I just my opinion. He does have some good young talent playing for him.
Cordia already has the best incoming 7th grader around in Austin Combs!! Just because of who he is he will draw talent from other school. One good thing about having a former Wildcat is he has connections with D-1 schools, kids thinking or knowing they have that kind of talent will go somewhere where they think they have the best shot of getting that scholarship. Coach Rhodes style of play is more of a D-1 style of basketball and will show off the players talents better then any other team in this region. This is the main reason kids will be attracted to Cordia because not only of D-1 but of any college level basketball.

Ballers you are so going to win that avatar bet, LCC has one scorer and a bunch of average role players that couldn't score the basketball unless they are right in under the basket. Cordia will put up way to many points for LCC to even keep up. KCC and Cordia in the district finals!!!!!
Crazy Horse Wrote:Cordia already has the best incoming 7th grader around in Austin Combs!! Just because of who he is he will draw talent from other school. One good thing about having a former Wildcat is he has connections with D-1 schools, kids thinking or knowing they have that kind of talent will go somewhere where they think they have the best shot of getting that scholarship. Coach Rhodes style of play is more of a D-1 style of basketball and will show off the players talents better then any other team in this region. This is the main reason kids will be attracted to Cordia because not only of D-1 but of any college level basketball.

Ballers you are so going to win that avatar bet, LCC has one scorer and a bunch of average role players that couldn't score the basketball unless they are right in under the basket. Cordia will put up way to many points for LCC to even keep up. KCC and Cordia in the district finals!!!!!

It's not an avatar bet, but I know I will win.. I hear a lot from day to day that goes on at Cordia. I spoke with Bo-Z yesterday and he said there is a lot of younger players coming. I do not know who this Austin Combs is, but Bo-Z speaks highly of him... along with a few others.

On KCC and Cordia being in the district finals - man I'd love to see it. KCC will be tough, but I do believe Rhodes can get this team in fighting shape. From what I hear they are having open gym at Cordia right now. It's not really open gym - it's actually conditioning. These boys will be good this year.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Cordia already has the best incoming 7th grader around in Austin Combs!! Just because of who he is he will draw talent from other school. One good thing about having a former Wildcat is he has connections with D-1 schools, kids thinking or knowing they have that kind of talent will go somewhere where they think they have the best shot of getting that scholarship. Coach Rhodes style of play is more of a D-1 style of basketball and will show off the players talents better then any other team in this region. This is the main reason kids will be attracted to Cordia because not only of D-1 but of any college level basketball.

:lmao: I try to respect your opinion but it gets nuttier by the day. As far as the games this coming season. We shall see. These statements are made by a person who stated that Cordia dominated the region in 91, 92, and 93. That the only team they had any trouble with was M.C. Napier. Well guess what, neither Cordia nor M.C. Napier won the region in 91,92, or 93. It was Knott County Central who happened to be in the same district as Cordia. Did Cordia win the district any of those three years. I am not aware of it if they did. Some poster stated they only won the district one time in the history of the school. So much for dominance. Did they win the region any of those three years. Hell no. Did they win the All "A" region. Hell no. I tell you what they probably did win. The Three Rivers Conference Tournament. They probably ran the score up on Riverside, Jackson City, Oneida, and Red Bird to get the high point average. This help in getting ranked in the Top 20 one time by the crazy calculations of the Litkenhous or Cantrell ratings or they may have gotten three votes by the Hazard Herald, Troublesome Creek Times, and the Podunk Tribune.
orangenowblue what gives you the right to bash schools? Cordia has an enrollment of 102 in high school and LCC has 941 kids and you are going for there throat on here man lol...if you ask me LCC boys sports other than the baseball team have really underachieved for the amount of resources they have. And not to mention the amount of success the Letcher County schools enjoyed before consolidation. What did they win 2 regional basketball championships between them in 60 plus for all 3 schools... Just my opinion
^What gives anyone from Cordia to get on here and say they are "moving to the top of the 14th"?
I believe that is why they are taking shots...
they're asking for it.
Norm Stewert Wrote:orangenowblue what gives you the right to bash schools? Cordia has an enrollment of 102 in high school and LCC has 941 kids and you are going for there throat on here man lol...if you ask me LCC boys sports other than the baseball team have really underachieved for the amount of resources they have. And not to mention the amount of success the Letcher County schools enjoyed before consolidation. What did they win 2 regional basketball championships between them in 60 plus for all 3 schools... Just my opinion

I agree and disagree. You are right that the boys athletic program at LCC have not achieved to the point that they should have. I have also addressed that on here as I am brutally honest, even when it is LCC. Letcher County schools have only won three regional titles in boys basketball, all by Whitesburg. I have never tooted the horn about basketball tradition at LCC or in Letcher County. I have never bragged or exaggerated about the success of Letcher County or LCC basketball. Although, the 2002 Whitesburg Boys Basketball deserves more recognition then they get as they did dominate the region with the exception of Perry Central but did go on to beat them in the regional semifinals at PCC. I have never predicted that LCC boys would win the region so far. This Cordia thing all started in some previous threads when I just questioned the reasons why Coach Rhodes would come to Cordia. That is when the personal attacks started. The Cordia posters opened up a can of worms that they have been unable to close. As far as them being the victims of a mean 'ole" poster from a bigger school. You may want to review some of the previous posts that some of them have made in the past concerning small schools such as Riverside. Check out the posts where they are belittling individual children(players) from other schools as well as their own school. That is something I have never done. So Normie if you want to have a pity party for Cordia, go right ahead. Because the bottom line is this: I do not give a s@#$ about your opinion although you are free to express it as I am mine.
zaga_fan Wrote:^What gives anyone from Cordia to get on here and say they are "moving to the top of the 14th"?
they're asking for it.

:Thumbs: ... If Cordia wants to be on top, they better learn how to handle it.. When your on top everyone is out to get you just ask Hazard and Perry. But I still don't think Cordia is on top LOL... But they want to be..
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I agree and disagree. You are right that the boys athletic program at LCC have not achieved to the point that they should have. I have also addressed that on here as I am brutally honest, even when it is LCC. Letcher County schools have only won three regional titles in boys basketball, all by Whitesburg. I have never tooted the horn about basketball tradition at LCC or in Letcher County. I have never bragged or exaggerated about the success of Letcher County or LCC basketball. Although, the 2002 Whitesburg Boys Basketball deserves more recognition then they get as they did dominate the region with the exception of Perry Central but did go on to beat them in the regional semifinals at PCC. I have never predicted that LCC boys would win the region so far. This Cordia thing all started in some previous threads when I just questioned the reasons why Coach Rhodes would come to Cordia. That is when the personal attacks started. The Cordia posters opened up a can of worms that they have been unable to close. As far as them being the victims of a mean 'ole" poster from a bigger school. You may want to review some of the previous posts that some of them have made in the past concerning small schools such as Riverside. Check out the posts where they are belittling individual children(players) from other schools as well as their own school. That is something I have never done. So Normie if you want to have a pity party for Cordia, go right ahead. Because the bottom line is this: I do not give a s@#$ about your opinion although you are free to express it as I am mine.
Hey man if you want to go for after cordia on a message board do it...and ekff is right we have to learn to handle all the negative people who are out there, that was a very good point.
ekff Wrote::Thumbs: ... If Cordia wants to be on top, they better learn how to handle it.. When your on top everyone is out to get you just ask Hazard and Perry. But I still don't think Cordia is on top LOL... But they want to be..

Every year we all get on here and take shots at Hazard, Perry, and Knott(mostly Knott).
No one says to Hazard....
"They don't have as many kids as Perry Central so everyone should leave them alone"
This isn't football. It doesn't take 20 talented kids to have an elite basketball team.
You need a good coach, 2 or 3 exceptionally gifted kids, and a handful of role players.
We'll find out what Cordia is working with soon enough.
I wish football would hurry up and start!
zaga_fan Wrote:Every year we all get on here and take shots at Hazard, Perry, and Knott(mostly Knott).
No one says to Hazard....
"They don't have as many kids as Perry Central so everyone should leave them alone"
This isn't football. It doesn't take 20 talented kids to have an elite basketball team.
You need a good coach, 2 or 3 exceptionally gifted kids, and a handful of role players.
We'll find out what Cordia is working with soon enough.
I wish football would hurry up and start!

:worthy:
zaga_fan Wrote:^What gives anyone from Cordia to get on here and say they are "moving to the top of the 14th"?
they're asking for it.

I haven't one time said that Cordia is moving to the top of this region. I'm just saying they will no longer get blown away. MOST of the teams that blew them away, Cordia will compete with them, and it will be a dog fight.

I haven't seen anyone who said Cordia is moving to the top of this region, most of the Cordia fans are just saying Cordia is getting better, togher, and very well may be a dark horse. The person who started the thread and stated" Cordia moving to the top of the 14th" isn't even a Cordia fan. And again, Great Avatar!!!!!
ekff Wrote::Thumbs: ... If Cordia wants to be on top, they better learn how to handle it.. When your on top everyone is out to get you just ask Hazard and Perry. But I still don't think Cordia is on top LOL... But they want to be..

Like I asked Zaga, who is saying Cordia will be at the top of this region? They need some major help to live up to that. They are no where near being at the top of the region, but the will be MUCH improved than last year.
Norm Stewert Wrote:orangenowblue what gives you the right to bash schools? Cordia has an enrollment of 102 in high school and LCC has 941 kids and you are going for there throat on here man lol...if you ask me LCC boys sports other than the baseball team have really underachieved for the amount of resources they have. And not to mention the amount of success the Letcher County schools enjoyed before consolidation. What did they win 2 regional basketball championships between them in 60 plus for all 3 schools... Just my opinion

:Thumbs: Great post!!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:I haven't one time said that Cordia is moving to the top of this region. I'm just saying they will no longer get blown away. MOST of the teams that blew them away, Cordia will compete with them, and it will be a dog fight.

I haven't seen anyone who said Cordia is moving to the top of this region, most of the Cordia fans are just saying Cordia is getting better, togher, and very well may be a dark horse. The person who started the thread and stated" Cordia moving to the top of the 14th" isn't even a Cordia fan. And again, Great Avatar!!!!!

And again... Unless Cordia gets the kids from Texas it will be the same ol story. Basketball is not like Football, in Football if a player hits the weights and works hard they can turn into a good player but in Basketball if you don't have it, its very hard to get it.....

WALL2WALL Wrote:Like I asked Zaga, who is saying Cordia will be at the top of this region? They need some major help to live up to that. They are no where near being at the top of the region, but the will be MUCH improved than last year.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!
Norm Stewart and WALL2WALL,
Not sure if you have read up on the LCC athletic program. You stated underachieving for the school. If you consider the baseball, softball, volleyball teams going to the state tournament this year underachieving your out of your mind. Sure our football team struggled last year but you need to look at the previous 4 years before you make a underachieving statement. Boys basketball team hasn't went to state but they have been on the edge of going each of the past 4 years. Dickie Adams always has the girls team in contention to go to state. Our track and cross country teams have sent several kids to the state level every year and we had our first state champion this year with Dakota Cornett winning in shot-put. I am pretty sure that all of teams in our region would love to have this kind of success at their schools even if someone considered it underachieving... Just My Opinion Though Norm
WALL2WALL Wrote:Like I asked Zaga, who is saying Cordia will be at the top of this region? They need some major help to live up to that. They are no where near being at the top of the region, but the will be MUCH improved than last year.

There's a thread on here titled "Cordia moving to the top of the 14th Region"
So if it hasn't been blatently stated....
it has been "suggested".
I've heard everything from Cordia is going to the top of the region, they have D1 prospects on the team, that Braxton Beverly and Trevor Combs could be coming to Cordia, I couldn't even begin to remember all the garbage I've heard on here.
Tell Rodrick to get his boys running while everyone else is playing football all we'll see you guys in November.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I haven't one time said that Cordia is moving to the top of this region. I'm just saying they will no longer get blown away. MOST of the teams that blew them away, Cordia will compete with them, and it will be a dog fight.

Wink
Ahh boys...
zaga_fan Wrote:There's a thread on here titled "Cordia moving to the top of the 14th Region"
So if it hasn't been blatently stated....
it has been "suggested".
I've heard everything from Cordia is going to the top of the region, they have D1 prospects on the team, that Braxton Beverly and Trevor Combs could be coming to Cordia, I couldn't even begin to remember all the garbage I've heard on here.
Tell Rodrick to get his boys running while everyone else is playing football all we'll see you guys in November.

What I am saying is there has not been a Cordia fan saying that. The person who started that thread is no Cordia Lion fan. But yeah you are right, it has been suggested, but even I know not to pay that an attention.

But if those two boys do come, they very well may have one guy that is a D-1 level payer, but we do not know. We have not seen him play, we don't know his name, all we know is that there are schools looking at him. And whoever said Beverly and Combs would be a Lion was trying to get in under your skin.

And I'd take a boy who can out run, than a guy who can out muscle.
ekff Wrote:And again... Unless Cordia gets the kids from Texas it will be the same ol story. Basketball is not like Football, in Football if a player hits the weights and works hard they can turn into a good player but in Basketball if you don't have it, its very hard to get it.....

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!!

Like I told Zaga, wasn't a Cordia fan who said it, so I don't pay it any attention. Unless a Cordia fan comes out and say that they are now at the top, I will not say anybody said it. Now it was suggested, but honestly why pay that any attention? why?
Ah guys.You always give some good news and some disappointing news too.
Norm Stewert - You are the man.
UKisN1 Wrote:When Oct 15 comes around then some of this nonsense will end. You can't win the KY Derby with a mule.

One of the best post, I've seen in this thread. I'm a fan of Cordia. I won't get on here and post they'll beat the top teams in the region though.I do hope Coach Rhodes brings success to the school which is much needed. If those transfers dont happen to come,regardless how good Rhodes was in his playing days, who he has connections with, it won't help him win unless there is talent on the court.With what Cordia has in the school right now, they'll be lucky to have a .500 season.

Good Luck Lions.
MVP2 Wrote:One of the best post, I've seen in this thread. I'm a fan of Cordia. I won't get on here and post they'll beat the top teams in the region though.I do hope Coach Rhodes brings success to the school which is much needed. If those transfers dont happen to come,regardless how good Rhodes was in his playing days, who he has connections with, it won't help him win unless there is talent on the court.With what Cordia has in the school right now, they'll be lucky to have a .500 season.

Good Luck Lions.

I smell an avatar bet.
Cordia will go over .500 this season.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Norm Stewart and WALL2WALL,
Not sure if you have read up on the LCC athletic program. You stated underachieving for the school. If you consider the baseball, softball, volleyball teams going to the state tournament this year underachieving your out of your mind. Sure our football team struggled last year but you need to look at the previous 4 years before you make a underachieving statement. Boys basketball team hasn't went to state but they have been on the edge of going each of the past 4 years. Dickie Adams always has the girls team in contention to go to state. Our track and cross country teams have sent several kids to the state level every year and we had our first state champion this year with Dakota Cornett winning in shot-put. I am pretty sure that all of teams in our region would love to have this kind of success at their schools even if someone considered it underachieving... Just My Opinion Though Norm

this is a basketball thread...if we are going by the success of the overall sports programs then cordia has them beat with numerous state cross country championships and numerous indiviadual track state champions.....and their basketball program has really underachieved......they have yet to put a team on the floor who had a shot to win the region no matter if they have been in the semifinals of the region or not. Not 1 time since LCC has been a school have they been a favorite or serious threat to win the region.
Rodrick Rhodes posted this on his Facebook with the caption...
WE BALL...WE WORK HARD....

Could this be the transfers?!?!?!
[Image: http://s4.postimage.org/3cm9nzt69/279050..._60434.jpg]
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next