Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is in no way a four star caliber player, if he is four star Trevor Tiller might as well go on to the draft, as well as B.J. Moore. But he has a HUGE amount of potential if he is properly coached for the next few years. Also gonna add he is nowhere near 6'8"

I have to disagree with you on the Trevor Tiller part, Tiller is not a player that scouts will really look at until he develops his jump shot. Just because he can dunk doesnt mean that the scouts are gonna be all over him. Whats the point in recruiting a guard who cant consistently shoot a jump shot? It would be pointless. Tiller isn't gonna get any real recognition from scouts until he can get a jump shot. As for Shane Hall this kid is an all around post player and has a lot of potential and the scouts see this, thats why he is getting all this recognition. He can not just dunk, he has an all around game and thats what the scouts look for.
I find this hard to believe. Good athletic ability, but from what I saw at the 15th regional tournament last year, he doesn't like contact and lacks in his shooting ability. Has to put some muscle on and improve his shot drastically to play at the D-1 level in my opinion.
now do you think he is 4 star?????????????????????????????? YES HE IS!!!!!!
Media attention does not make a player.
The performance in the regional championship last night was a 4 star performance.

Not saying he is or isn't, but he was a man last night.:flame:
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:The performance in the regional championship last night was a 4 star performance.

Not saying he is or isn't, but he was a man last night.:flame:

I agree with this statement. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Media attention does not make a player.

:hilarious:
I agree!! But 34 and 9 and 5 blocks and leading your team to Rupp does!!
Awesome performance. Hall has two years to go before moving on and the way I see him, he is too short to be a center and two skinny to be a PF. He's gonna need to add some beef or work on even playing 3 or something, RIGHT NOW I can't see him playing D1 in the post. Interesting to see how this guy grows and develops.
^I would take him in the 3 spot!

He can shot jumpers and handle the ball.
How soon we forget what Johnson from Sheldon Clark did to him last week. Hall doesn't like contact and it showed big time in District Finals. If anyone say's they would take Hall over Johnson they really no nothing about the game of basketball..imo....
The 2 kids are 2 different ball players, in the fact that Hall can play the 3 spot If needed.

Johnson is a legit PF.

Johnson is a heck of a player but Hall put on a heck of a show last night, I don't see Johnson putting up 34 against ER.
gettheball Wrote:How soon we forget what Johnson from Sheldon Clark did to him last week. Hall doesn't like contact and it showed big time in District Finals. If anyone say's they would take Hall over Johnson they really no nothing about the game of basketball..imo....

Number one, SC beat JC last week. Sc could not have beat JC last night. JC is the region champ and will be at Rupp. Past games do not count.

Johnson is a pure PF and good. Hall is more atheltic and can play both the 3 or 4. They are not the same type player. Hall's chances of making it in D-1 are much greater due to his flexability. Both are great players and we should not short one for the other, lets be proud both are from the 15th and support both.
I do support both players and both are great. But with my first pick, I take Johnson no question about it....
If you're a college coach, D-1 lets say.

You would pick Johnson at the PF over Hall in the 3 spot?

I just can't agree man, Just my opinion though.

Hall can compete with D-1 players at his position, It'll be hard for Johnson to go up against D-1 PFs.
Hall will have to be a 3 in college unless he bulks up a ton and grows more.

To be honest I don't see anything to make him a 3 - not a good jump shooter, not a 3 point threat.

Before you question me, ask yourself "Is Hall a Darius Miller type player?" or "Is Shane Hall a Trevor Setty type player?"

He is just a soph., so he has time to develop.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Media attention does not make a player.

You are correct the media attention does not make a player.

But, boy did the media get their monies worth last night. Don't care what naysayers say about Hall. Last night he was a beast. ER did not have an answer for him or the rest of the team. Great defense and great team ball by all the players. Of course having Hall sure didn't hurt anything. Go EAGLES! Awesome job by ALL the losing teams in the Region. They proved that on even given night a winner can go down. Winning the district mean absolutely nothing!
Wow can't believe that. The kid will get hurt on a D-1 floor. JJ made this kid look like a jv player 4 times this season. Johnson is only 15 yrs old. He also ha a better jump shot and can handle the ball as good a hall. I may be biased but go back and watch the tapes of the games.
Dam straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coach creen was there to watch hall, who was there to watch anyone else. Hall is for real and i dislike jc very much, but as a fan its easy to see hall is awesome!!! And a good kid.... And lets all remember they are just kids... But imo hall is the best player in the 15th....
His stock will rise or fall at the state tourney, it depends on how well he plays!!
IntheZone Wrote:Wow can't believe that. The kid will get hurt on a D-1 floor. JJ made this kid look like a jv player 4 times this season. Johnson is only 15 yrs old. He also ha a better jump shot and can handle the ball as good a hall. I may be biased but go back and watch the tapes of the games.

I agree with this, and not to take away from the Hall kid from his performance but they beat a team that had more than 10 losses this year and other than SC it was a very weak region. Hope they represent well up in Lexington.
Bubbles Wrote:You are correct the media attention does not make a player.

But, boy did the media get their monies worth last night. Don't care what naysayers say about Hall. Last night he was a beast. ER did not have an answer for him or the rest of the team. Great defense and great team ball by all the players. Of course having Hall sure didn't hurt anything. Go EAGLES! Awesome job by ALL the losing teams in the Region. They proved that on even given night a winner can go down. Winning the district mean absolutely nothing!

Congrats to the Paintsville Cheerleading squad on their District Tournament performance and their media attention
Kentucky is now interested in shane im pretty sure hes a 4 star recruit!!!!!
It is easy to see we have posters from other teams who just cannot seem to be happy that JC won the Region and Hall turned in the most impressive performance. Get over it, Hall will be one of the best, if not the best to ever have played in this Region.

Another thing, none of the posters on this thread including myself will have any effect on Hall's career. While some here are trashing him and comparing him to other kids, it looks to me like the people who count are already making their move. While each of you is crying about Shane and saying he is not D-1, the D-1 coaches are here trying to recruit him. So much for your opinion. After a trip to Rupp, Shane will have other coaches interested, maybe the big blue.
update rumor has it UK is now "INTERESTED IN HALL" !!!!! AND that is AWESOME.... ALL of you that are trashing him will be bragging saying 'I seen him play in high school' When he is at a BIG time college.....THEY ARE KIDS SUPPORT THEM!!! Yeah support your fav. team, BUT PLEASE SUPPORT ALL THE KIDS!!!
I may not be a great b ball talent evaluator but come on Uk gets top 25 talent not Top 150
I think Shane is a D-1 PROSPECT, its also a little early yet as he's a soph. He will fill out some more in the next couple of years.