Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
Saints52 Wrote:No one is jealous.. Just because we all do not agree that Shane is a 4 star player doesn't mean that we don't believe he is a great player and want him to suceed. I don't think anyone on here would say he is not a great player and one of the elite in the region and state but some of just believe he isn't a 4 star player at the moment and maybe the ranking is based more on his athleticism. I'd love to seem him bloom into a great player and play at a major college and maybe even on to the next level and it may happen who knows. But I just do not see him as a 4 Star PF based on last season. I thought he was around 6'6 or 6'7 which is not the perfect height to play PF at the next level. He is also no where near as filled out as he needs to be altough he is young. I could see him playing more of a SF if he could develop his ball handling skills and his mid range game. And for all the posters claiming we have no idea what we are talking about saying he is no 4 star PF I would think most are comparing him to other 4 star players such as Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Eric Bledsoe, Doron Lamb and Peyton Siva. In my eyes he is no where near the level of these players but then again I don't work at ESPN.

They were all ranked 4 star players after their junior year or during their senior year. Give Shane a chance to fill out and grow some more. He may surprise us all.
Folks, recruiting agencies don't always go by how much talent these kids have, it's mostly based upon potential. He still has a few years left in high school and he's already 6'8 and shows a lot of athleticism. Plenty of power conference schools will take a chance on him.

That's what scouts see.

Congrats Shane!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Folks, recruiting agencies don't always go by how much talent these kids have, it's mostly based upon potential. He still has a few years left in high school and he's already 6'8 and shows a lot of athleticism. Plenty of power conference schools will take a chance on him.

That's what scouts see.

Congrats Shane!

Agree, and congrats Shane.
I'm not taking shots at people or anything like that, but it has always bugged me beyond belief when people question a players height in high school. To be its almost a knock on the player when someone says their not such and such height their shorter. I can speak from personal experince too. When I was in high school in my Senior year, I went on a visit, and the coach had talked to someone at my school, and the person did that to me. So the coach mesaured me, and he found I was the height I was listed at. Let the kid play and not try and short change him.
Captain_44 Wrote:I'm not taking shots at people or anything like that, but it has always bugged me beyond belief when people question a players height in high school. To be its almost a knock on the player when someone says their not such and such height their shorter. I can speak from personal experince too. When I was in high school in my Senior year, I went on a visit, and the coach had talked to someone at my school, and the person did that to me. So the coach mesaured me, and he found I was the height I was listed at. Let the kid play and not try and short change him.

:dontthink You must not watch very much high school basketball because very rarely are the players listed at their correct height. I believe it has gotten even worse in these past few years. I saw a player last season who was about 5'10 listed at 6'3!
He is listed as a 4 star by Espn professionals, so I think they know more than a group of people who probably can't make a free throw anymore.

Shane is obviously 6'8'' who would lie about height? Hes getting calls from division 1 teams for a reason. He works hard and earns the attention he is getting. Id like to see how many people are 6'8 and can move like he does.

ps. Trevor Tiller LOL wtf? he has nothing on SHANE
Its in his class, now juniors or seniors but the grade he is in. He is most def a 4 star or better.
Don't know who he is. Where does he play? I would like to see him play.
Anyone who thinks Trevor Tiller is better than Shane is just crazy, and absolutely FROM PAINTSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL. Shane is visiting Purdue Oct 1.....Shane is a great player.
Btw, Shane was measured in Georgia at 6'8, whoever says he is shorter is silly.
If anyone is interested, Here is Shane on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...shane-hall
NewGuy Wrote:Don't know who he is. Where does he play? I would like to see him play.

Johnson Central
Write it down, Shane Hall will be the biggest thing to come oout of the 15th in long time if maybe ever. He may be the best in the state by his senior year.

Shane has what other greats in the 15th have not had, a combinatination of size, speed and atheltism. Several have had one or two of these, but none have had all three. He will go anwhere in D1 when he graduates. Just becasue he is from JC does not mean he cannot be great.
My sons team has played against Shane. He is a very talented player and very athletic. He also understands the game at a high level. Glad to hear someone local getting some props. It is good for our area. Congrats Shane and keep up the hard work.
MonsterMan Wrote:Write it down, Shane Hall will be the biggest thing to come oout of the 15th in long time if maybe ever. He may be the best in the state by his senior year.

Shane has what other greats in the 15th have not had, a combinatination of size, speed and atheltism. Several have had one or two of these, but none have had all three. He will go anwhere in D1 when he graduates. Just becasue he is from JC does not mean he cannot be great.

I'm am NOT knocking the kid at all. BUT, that is a very HUGE statement to make. Especially with some of the talent that has rolled up out of this Region. I think he will be good...BUT, come one bubby. He needs to thicken up just a little. Which I think he will do. And let us NOT forget that there is another VERY talented SOPH. that is in his District and just a few miles away. Justin Johnson at Sheldon Clark! I saw this kid play a few times this summer as well as Shane...and let me tell you something. IMHO...This kid has improved tremendously since last season. He is near Shanes height and appears much stronger. If Shane is a 4 Star then so is Justin. Should be another black and blue beat up season in the 57th!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Shane WILL BE THE GREATEST to come out of the 15th.....Shane is a good 3 inches taller than Johnson...Shane made top 20, they told them there was no decision, they knew shane was one of the best there in the camp...Also, Shane is already ranked that high and scouts and everything have only seen him play once or twice...ESPN knows how to rank people @OffTheHook, Shane deserves the 4star.
hes awesome
Shane has had a great summer. Justin Johnson has had a great summer as well. His ranking will go higher as they see him more. They have played great together and it is not a competition between them. They have helped each other. They both have colleges interested in them. They love playing together and have become very good friends as has the entire KY Elite Team. I think Shane and Justin would say that couldn't have done this without Jordan Fox, Wes Noble, Justin Edwards, Ryan Dishman, Charles Johnson and Braxton Beverly and others who filled in. They really liked their coaches as well. Anyone who has done the traveling that they have will say it takes a lot of time, money and effort. This is a positive thing for Shane right now, lets not make it a negative.
person23456 Wrote:Shane WILL BE THE GREATEST to come out of the 15th.....Shane is a good 3 inches taller than Johnson...Shane made top 20, they told them there was no decision, they knew shane was one of the best there in the camp...Also, Shane is already ranked that high and scouts and everything have only seen him play once or twice...ESPN knows how to rank people @OffTheHook, Shane deserves the 4star.

Look the kid is good and is only going to get better. So listen ROOKIE, no wher edid I say he wasn't or did I even question ESPN or The Easter Bunny or who ever makes these ranking. The ONLY thing I was really questioning was the statement made about the "biggest thing" to come out of the 15th. The same as I will question your " WILL BE THE GREATEST" statement.

Apparently you haven't been around very long. Nor do I claim to have been around as long or have witnessed as much as people like Kimball or kyrifle. But, I have witnessed some pretty darn good basketball players what time I have been around in the 15th. There has been players that has left this region and went on to do some pretty dang good things....Such as play for RUPP & CRUM and a couple have been drafted.

Here is a list that I barrowed from a post on this site back last year:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ers&page=2

Steve Fyffe - Flat Gap, Ole Miss
Howard Wallen- Johnson Cent, MSU- I think the best player to play there.
Harry Meek-Johnson Cent, UofL Baseball. Could have played BB there.
Jack Wireman- Johnson Cent.
Mike Castle- Johnson Cent.
Junior White- Meade Memorial
Alvin Ratliff- Meade Memorial, UK, Delta State, All-America Hon.Mention
Henderson Payne- Meade Memorial
Paul Butcher- Meade Memorial, Pikeville College
Phillip Ward- Meade Memorial, Austin Peau
Richard Conley- Oil Springs, UK
Thurman Blair- Oil Spring
Wimp Conley- Oil Springs
Jack Gary Williams- Paintsville, George Town-All-American
Tom Daniels-Paintsville, EKU
Jim Allen- Paintsville, Baylor
Bob Porter- Paintsville, Baylor
Jerry Pelphrey- Paintsville, East Tenn State
John Pelphrey - Paintsville, UK
Scott Daniels - Paintsville, UT Martin (I believe)
Keith Adkins - Paintsville, Notre Dame
Rick Conley - Johnson Central, Alice Llyod (Was a beast around the rim. IMO)

And this is just the players that came from THIS County. Thanks for most on the list kyrifle!

A lot of the players from the past. Didn't have anything like AAU back then. The went from basketball to baseball or went to work till next basketball season. I hope the kid does turn out to be the best ever. But, until then. Let's just enjoy watching him play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
cart man Wrote:Shane has had a great summer. Justin Johnson has had a great summer as well. His ranking will go higher as they see him more. They have played great together and it is not a competition between them. They have helped each other. They both have colleges interested in them. They love playing together and have become very good friends as has the entire KY Elite Team. I think Shane and Justin would say that couldn't have done this without Jordan Fox, Wes Noble, Justin Edwards, Ryan Dishman, Charles Johnson and Braxton Beverly and others who filled in. They really liked their coaches as well. Anyone who has done the traveling that they have will say it takes a lot of time, money and effort. This is a positive thing for Shane right now, lets not make it a negative.

No one said it was. And I beg to differ. AAU is not a competition between the two. BUT, Regular Season sure as heck is! They are on District Foe Teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
You are right. It is a competition them in the district and should be a dandy. I was really just trying to agree with you that Johnson has improved tremendously and should be ranked higher. I saw him go against some darn good players who are taller and he played very well. The 57th district should be fun this year.
That list is impressive. Wasn't there a Butcher that played in the NBA? I will be the first to admit that Shane has a way to go before he even gets on this list. He doesn't even think about something like this. In his interview with Jody Demling he said "I just like to play." That is about it for him, it is just a game.
OffTheHook Wrote:Look the kid is good and is only going to get better. So listen ROOKIE, no wher edid I say he wasn't or did I even question ESPN or The Easter Bunny or who ever makes these ranking. The ONLY thing I was really questioning was the statement made about the "biggest thing" to come out of the 15th. The same as I will question your " WILL BE THE GREATEST" statement.

Apparently you haven't been around very long. Nor do I claim to have been around as long or have witnessed as much as people like Kimball or kyrifle. But, I have witnessed some pretty darn good basketball players what time I have been around in the 15th. There has been players that has left this region and went on to do some pretty dang good things....Such as play for RUPP & CRUM and a couple have been drafted.

Here is a list that I barrowed from a post on this site back last year:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ers&page=2

Steve Fyffe - Flat Gap, Ole Miss
Howard Wallen- Johnson Cent, MSU- I think the best player to play there.
Harry Meek-Johnson Cent, UofL Baseball. Could have played BB there.
Jack Wireman- Johnson Cent.
Mike Castle- Johnson Cent.
Junior White- Meade Memorial
Alvin Ratliff- Meade Memorial, UK, Delta State, All-America Hon.Mention
Henderson Payne- Meade Memorial
Paul Butcher- Meade Memorial, Pikeville College
Phillip Ward- Meade Memorial, Austin Peau
Richard Conley- Oil Springs, UK
Thurman Blair- Oil Spring
Wimp Conley- Oil Springs
Jack Gary Williams- Paintsville, George Town-All-American
Tom Daniels-Paintsville, EKU
Jim Allen- Paintsville, Baylor
Bob Porter- Paintsville, Baylor
Jerry Pelphrey- Paintsville, East Tenn State
John Pelphrey - Paintsville, UK
Scott Daniels - Paintsville, UT Martin (I believe)
Keith Adkins - Paintsville, Notre Dame
Rick Conley - Johnson Central, Alice Llyod (Was a beast around the rim. IMO)

And this is just the players that came from THIS County. Thanks for most on the list kyrifle!

A lot of the players from the past. Didn't have anything like AAU back then. The went from basketball to baseball or went to work till next basketball season. I hope the kid does turn out to be the best ever. But, until then. Let's just enjoy watching him play.
Justin has had a great summer too...

-Student@SCHS
Ummmm wow. That's all i have to say about shane hall being ranked a 4 star. I have personally seen this kid play. I watched him play last year and i watched him play in 8th grade. And a kid named Andrew Newsome (some of you may have heard of him) absolutly ate his lunch and is about 6 or 7 inches shorter than him. He would be lucky to be a 2 star player in all honesty. I'm not bringing the kid down by no means. I'm just saying the rating is ridiculus.
All i do is win Wrote:Ummmm wow. That's all i have to say about shane hall being ranked a 4 star. I have personally seen this kid play. I watched him play last year and i watched him play in 8th grade. And a kid named Andrew Newsome (some of you may have heard of him) absolutly ate his lunch and is about 6 or 7 inches shorter than him. He would be lucky to be a 2 star player in all honesty. I'm not bringing the kid down by no means. I'm just saying the rating is ridiculus.

I'd say ESPN can rank kids better than you. No offense, but they get paid to do so.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I'd say ESPN can rank kids better than you. No offense, but they get paid to do so.

I watch alot of collage basketball games and highlights. I watch alot of high school games and highlights. A kid i've been watching alot that is considering signing with Kentucky his name is L.J. Rose. The #6 point gaurd in the nation of the 2012 class. He is unreal and 10 times the player shane hall will ever be. You know what ESPN has him ranked as? A 4 star. Idk if it's just me but wouldent you say the #6 point gaurd in the nation of the 2012 class should be ranked higher than a 4 star if shane hall is a 4 star too lol? Cmon perfect, you can't argue with that. You and I both know hall is not close to a 4 star.
All i do is win Wrote:I watch alot of collage basketball games and highlights. I watch alot of high school games and highlights. A kid i've been watching alot that is considering signing with Kentucky his name is L.J. Rose. The #6 point gaurd in the nation of the 2012 class. He is unreal and 10 times the player shane hall will ever be. You know what ESPN has him ranked as? A 4 star. Idk if it's just me but wouldent you say the #6 point gaurd in the nation of the 2012 class should be ranked higher than a 4 star if shane hall is a 4 star too lol? Cmon perfect, you can't argue with that. You and I both know hall is not close to a 4 star.

1st of all - Just cause you watch a lot of sports don't mean you can predict and guys stars.

2nd of all - Comparing him with a PG is totally irrelevant. Two totally different positions.

And finally Shane is ranked on a 4 star by his grade. Not overall in all grades combined. Just in his graduating class.
MisterPerfect Wrote:1st of all - Just cause you watch a lot of sports don't mean you can predict and guys stars.

2nd of all - Comparing him with a PG is totally irrelevant. Two totally different positions.

And finally Shane is ranked on a 4 star by his grade. Not overall in all grades combined. Just in his graduating class.

I never said i can predict a guys stars? I said ESPN had him ranked as a 4 star. Not me. ESPN. Ya know the people that get paid to rank them? So your going to tell me that shane hall is an ALL AROUND better player then L.J. Rose? If your a ball player your a ball player. You can play multiple positions. Not just 1. I understand about him being ranked by a 4 star in his grade though.
All i do is win Wrote:I never said i can predict a guys stars? I said ESPN had him ranked as a 4 star. Not me. ESPN. Ya know the people that get paid to rank them? So your going to tell me that shane hall is an ALL AROUND better player then L.J. Rose? If your a ball player your a ball player. You can play multiple positions. Not just 1. I understand about him being ranked by a 4 star in his grade though.

All I'm saying is you can't just switch them in positions. And see which one is an all-around better ball player. And I've never even seen L.J. play.
MisterPerfect Wrote:All I'm saying is you can't just switch them in positions. And see which one is an all-around better ball player. And I've never even seen L.J. play.
Well you could watch them both play and see which one you would rather have on your team and would contribute more. And L.J. is the real deal. You should watch some of his highlights.